Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,110 members, 7,828,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC (9015 Views)

Subsidy Removal: N30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Realistic – Workers / Minimum Wage: Obaseki Says N30,000 Not Enough To Take Workers Home / Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by Opec82: 6:16am On Oct 08, 2021
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/10/07/n30000-minimum-wage-no-longer-takes-nigerian-workers-home-nlc/
comon 30k money for one pot of soup for some people. Chai chai there's God ooo
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by Jamesbiodun(m): 6:27am On Oct 08, 2021
NLC are just bunch of jokers, the government has see them finish angry
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by Cubby22: 6:34am On Oct 08, 2021
Many establishment Neva even see minimum wage talk more of it's sustainability. NLC dey jonse
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by tnerro1(m): 6:43am On Oct 08, 2021
Who will save the masses cry
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by ddeola: 6:48am On Oct 08, 2021
When did it ever took the workers home?

Our politicians are criminals. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by cardoctor(m): 6:58am On Oct 08, 2021
When a sachet of pure water is now 30 naira.
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by durangokid: 7:01am On Oct 08, 2021
EagleNest:
Even N50k is abysmal.
. Is the money up to 30k before?, what was added to.my salary is between 11 to 12k
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 08, 2021
This isn't about minimum wage anymore. The problem is inflation.

Even if the minimum wage is pegged at #100k, it'll become inadequate as long as prices of goods and services keep rising.
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by ibtommy(m): 7:40am On Oct 08, 2021
Anaerobi:
That's true. embarassed embarassed

Prices of things keep increasing, nobody cares about workers salaries. It still remain the same. Nigerian are really Suffering under this buhari government. He completely lack leadership ideology.

But for those that voted for Buhari's 1st ternue, I have forgiven you.

But those who voted him for the 2nd term, may God rule your life the way Buhari and his cabinet are rulling Nigeria.

A MIGHTY AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! embarassed
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by Missionaire: 7:45am On Oct 08, 2021
LUGBE:
It is terrible,my neigbour just bought his 12.5kg of cooking gas for #8,000 usually #3,200 before buhari's regime.

Satchet of water 5 bags now are #1,000 against 15 bags or 12bags as it were just last month.

May God help us.

Your own still good sef..
A bag of sachet water here is 250 Naira.
So for 1k, you will get 4 bags only instead of 10 bags.
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by BewareOf419: 7:53am On Oct 08, 2021
Minimum wage is not the best which NLC should fight or agitate for. What I'm expecting from them is to fight with government to reduce the price of commodities and reduce taxes levied on goods and services.

1 Like

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by watchindelta(m): 8:00am On Oct 08, 2021
Am not leaving in Nigeria but many Nigerians are really suffering but sometimes I doubt because I saw many people supporting their government here. Paying some 30k a month and you will see many of them shouting here with emptied stomachs and with their 3gig on their phone here! praising their oppressors. Course Country.

3 Likes

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by Frenzy01(m): 8:12am On Oct 08, 2021
Money wey person dey spend on top transport sef pass 30k monthly

Contact me for your swift buying and selling of any Dog breed. Pet care and boarding services also available

1 Like

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by Uzomeko: 8:27am On Oct 08, 2021
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/10/07/n30000-minimum-wage-no-longer-takes-nigerian-workers-home-nlc/

it is well we know, cause minimum wage cum salary earners are led to starvation as increment in prices this day is alerming.
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by otokx(m): 8:45am On Oct 08, 2021
drlaykay:
This is not funny
Things are very expensive.
My wife recently got a new job. Good pay.
Transport costs ₦40000 in 20 days.
If I will calculate cost of transporting myself too ( buying fuel) and that of my nephew who I asked to go learn interior decoration while he awaits his admission, then in a month we will be spending 105k on transportation.
Since after I made that calculation last week, I have been having headache.

Panadol has increased, 50 naira own only works on children, adult own go for 70 ~ 100 naira.

Beer nko?
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by Corrections: 8:51am On Oct 08, 2021
gurunlocker:
Greediness on some parts or even many of Nigerians always contribute to the long term inflation.... When something goes up here, it never comes down even if price correct itself in the general market.

Another talk of minimum wage increase will automatically lead to increase in commodity prices... But I wonder how people survives these days though, it's terrible out there.

What exactly are u saying self that workers should die of hunger because of low purchasing power of money gov pay workers?
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by gurunlocker: 8:56am On Oct 08, 2021
Corrections:

What exactly are u saying self that workers should die of hunger because of low purchasing power of money gov pay workers?

Na, that's not the point.... The point is that Nigerians are greedy.

I still don't understand why an increase in salary automatically means inflation in Nigeria.
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by Corrections: 8:59am On Oct 08, 2021
Corrections:

Workers have d right to call for increment of their salaries. The gov can not be eating 2billion naira food every year in aso rock in abuja and respective states while workers suffer for crime the gov created.

Why must workers always be d ones to sacrifìce their salaries for economy growth?is that how things work?
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by juniorstar(m): 9:32am On Oct 08, 2021
valentineuwakwe:

52dollars/month...God forbid bad thing when Shitcoins dey there oo..I swear wisdom is profitable to direct oo.
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by themanderon: 10:38am On Oct 08, 2021
The leadership of the present NLC is part of the problem the workers are facing. They have the power to force those criminals sharing the wealth of this nation to do the right thing but because of compromise, they would not. How can the national assembly be cornering a fourth of the national budget for doing what exactly? There are so many loopholes in this present arrangement in which labour can actually use the power to force a change but they are not alive to their responsibilities. I remember some years back in Isreal when they had a deficit in their budget and they had to make cuts in their salaries. The cuts started from the prime minister himself down to the least person. Can such happen here? They tell us that Nigeria is broke yet these rogues in power have refused to make any cuts to save costs. They would rather continue to borrow to pay salaries. A nation that borrows to pay salaries continually is just living on borrowed time.

2 Likes

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 08, 2021
gurunlocker:
Greediness on some parts or even many of Nigerians always contribute to the long term inflation.... When something goes up here, it never comes down even if price correct itself in the general market.

Another talk of minimum wage increase will automatically lead to increase in commodity prices... But I wonder how people survives these days though, it's terrible out there.

Crime, Manipulation & Deception......

3 Likes

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by Noblewealth(m): 11:02am On Oct 08, 2021
Una just realize even 100k is not enough..
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by Chukwudi4naija(m): 11:59am On Oct 08, 2021
Nigerians suffer from money illusion. How can wage bill be increased while production capacity is constant?

I told people before the clamour for higher minimum wage madness that in a very short time, people's standard of living will be eroded and more Nigerians thrown into poverty, and here will are.

What we need now is for government to divest in businesses private individuals strive better and invest heavily on social amenities.

Government is also prematurely expending on welfarism, fraudulent gesture anyway, forgetting that we must get it right first by solidifying the economic structure.

We need, as a matter of urgency, reduce drastically the cost of governance, close corruption loopholes, employing the right people into positions that require high level of expertise, make our education system practical oriented, etc.

Outside economics, we must believe in our mental strength, and jettison all forms of religious dogma and madness. Hard work should be revered and people's sources income investigated before paying deceptive loyalty to gain favour.

1 Like

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by resourcedude: 3:54pm On Oct 08, 2021
while some govt staff in FCT govt are still collecting 18, 000 per month.
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 08, 2021
watchindelta:
Am not leaving in Nigeria but many Nigerians are really suffering but sometimes I doubt because I saw many people supporting their government here. Paying some 30k a month and you will see many of them shouting here with emptied stomachs and with their 3gig on their phone here! praising their oppressors. Course Country.

Which 3 gig, these boys supporting govt are on N30k a month. Which is one week food money.

They buy N200 credit and load 500mb. Then create useless threads on Nairaland. Being grateful, that if not for the N30k stipend, they would have been dead.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kaduna: Over 13,000 APC Members Defect To PDP / Obama In Nigeria Military Uniform / Military Coup In Nigeria [[Attempted Rumor]]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.