Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,371 members, 7,812,092 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:59 AM

₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC (9000 Views)

Subsidy Removal: N30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Realistic – Workers / Minimum Wage: Obaseki Says N30,000 Not Enough To Take Workers Home / Minimum Wage: No Longer Feasible, Committee, Governors Yet To Agree - Ngige Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by valentineuwakwe(m): 3:11am On Oct 08, 2021
Comrade Ben Ukpepi, the Nigeria Labour Congress (NLC) chairman in Cross River State, on Thursday, said that the take-home N30,000 national minimum wage no longer takes Nigerian workers home.

Ukpepi disclosed this while commemorating the 2021 International Day for Decent Working Environment in Calabar.

The 2021 Day has “Just Jobs” as its theme, NAN reports.

Ukpepi explained that it was obvious that the workforce in Nigeria was working in environments that were deficient in indecency, adding that something needed to be done.

He said, “Today in Cross River, we are marking the World Decent Work Day as a result of the growing trend of huge deficit of decent work in our society.

“We see this every day in the state in the ‘casualisation’ of workers, retirement without gratuity, promotion without implementation and a dilapidated working environment.

“It’s sad that even those in the Cross River Civil Service are being converted to casual workers and there is a huge debt of non-payment of gratuity to many of our retired comrades.

“According to the ILO, decent work is a job that is secured with social security and the workers entitled to form trade unions for the protection of their rights,” he said.

Ukpepi called on the governments, both at the federal and state levels, to ensure that there was decent and profitable work for the teeming population of the nation, especially the youths.

He further stated that this was one of the ways to ensure that the youths didn’t become willing tools in the hands of desperate politicians who abandoned them after winning election.

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2021/10/07/n30000-minimum-wage-no-longer-takes-nigerian-workers-home-nlc/

3 Likes

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by RichBossman: 4:27am On Oct 08, 2021
lol.. ok
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by OfHope: 4:27am On Oct 08, 2021
E good say una know

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by lonelydora: 4:28am On Oct 08, 2021
Ayuba is not a serious human being. He knows what to do

15 Likes

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by Nobody: 4:29am On Oct 08, 2021
lonelydora:
Ayuba is not a serious human being. He knows what to do

Judge
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by Ausval: 4:29am On Oct 08, 2021
I don't even know what to comment sha

But I know its the Government and you Labour union officials that is responsible for this and E nor go lie lie better for una

You guys have sold workers right especially to foreigners over a spoon of portage ..But one day sha, monkey will go market and not return .

21 Likes

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by aidoko1: 4:30am On Oct 08, 2021
The rate at which inflation is flying high, I am equating it with the spaceX rocket � that flew above international space station. Las las 1000naira will equal $1

12 Likes

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by Anaerobi(m): 4:31am On Oct 08, 2021
That's true. embarassed embarassed

Prices of things keep increasing, nobody cares about workers salaries. It still remain the same. Nigerian are really Suffering under this buhari government. He completely lack leadership ideology.

But for those that voted for Buhari's 1st ternue, I have forgiven you.

But those who voted him for the 2nd term, may God rule your life the way Buhari and his cabinet are rulling Nigeria.

37 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by horsepower102: 4:32am On Oct 08, 2021
Nigerian economy is going to collapse soon.

Its an import dependent country and depends on oil sales for majority of its forex.

Oil is going to crash soon with the advent of electric vehicles, and other alternative energy sources such as solar and wind energy

This means that because of lack of diversity in Nigerian economy, the coming years is going to be hell for Nigeria.

Now we have major inflation adding to it.

Unemployment is still at high double digits.

Now inflation is eating away the N30,000 minimum wage.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by EagleNest(m): 4:34am On Oct 08, 2021
Even N50k is abysmal.

4 Likes

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by owiko(m): 4:48am On Oct 08, 2021
I think minimum wage is not the problem. With the rising prices of goods and services, even 100k minimum wage won't be enough

13 Likes

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by bayelsaowei(m): 5:00am On Oct 08, 2021
We are not a serious country...we have not still learned how to bring our leaders to their kneels without the use of violence...out labour union is weak.

7 Likes

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by femi4: 5:00am On Oct 08, 2021
Even the 30k, how many workers dey receive am

11 Likes

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by Phiniter(m): 5:01am On Oct 08, 2021
ih
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by BluntCrazeMan: 5:13am On Oct 08, 2021
Have they started paying the Minimum Wage??
Nonsense NLC

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by shagasha: 5:14am On Oct 08, 2021
"Nigeria is a promised land

Africa is a large continent

We are marching on to take our place

Among other nations of the world"

We sang this song with hope of a better Nigeria many many years ago but unfortunately Nigeria of yesterday was far far better than Nigeria of today.

3 Likes

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by arantess: 5:17am On Oct 08, 2021
BluntCrazeMan:
Have they started paying the Minimum Wage??
Nonsense NLC
Same question going through my mind oo

Price of goods keep increasing every week without regulations,

Oh nigeria

1 Like

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by jimakeabi: 5:20am On Oct 08, 2021
Am short of word
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by ThatFairGuy: 5:20am On Oct 08, 2021
Same 30k that is not being paid by all State

4 Likes

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by Coronavirus84: 5:23am On Oct 08, 2021
Na only God dey help we civil servants of nowadays, the politicians are milking us dry on daily basis

1 Like

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by InvertedHammer: 5:26am On Oct 08, 2021
/
@ N350 per US$, the minimum wage was pegged at N30k/month.

So @ N560 per US$, the minimum wage should be N48k/month.

/

3 Likes

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by CZBNB: 5:29am On Oct 08, 2021
Naira dead

A small cheap hangout with a few friends in lag or abj and 30k don burn

3 Likes

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by jericco1(m): 5:29am On Oct 08, 2021
Lol.. something that is not fully implemented sef.

1 Like

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by Paulo3ree(m): 5:32am On Oct 08, 2021
NLC
What an awesome organization
So surprised the body is just speaking on this after so many of her members must have plunged deep into psychological stress
AbokiFX monitors inflation properly but NLC....
Una weldon ooh
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by gurunlocker: 5:44am On Oct 08, 2021
Greediness on some parts or even many of Nigerians always contribute to the long term inflation.... When something goes up here, it never comes down even if price correct itself in the general market.

Another talk of minimum wage increase will automatically lead to increase in commodity prices... But I wonder how people survives these days though, it's terrible out there.

4 Likes

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by LUGBE: 5:50am On Oct 08, 2021
It is terrible,my neigbour just bought his 12.5kg of cooking gas for #8,000 usually #3,200 before buhari's regime.

Satchet of water 5 bags now are #1,000 against 15 bags or 12bags as it were just last month.

May God help us.

2 Likes

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by PGKing1(m): 6:00am On Oct 08, 2021
It has always been Dead on Arrival...
Still your #1 #plug for #original #backwoods in # naija
Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by Limassol(m): 6:00am On Oct 08, 2021
femi4:
Even the 30k, how many workers dey receive am
better question. And na ony public sector workers e impact o. For private sector nothing like minimum wage.

1 Like

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by drlaykay(m): 6:05am On Oct 08, 2021
This is not funny
Things are very expensive. recently got a new job. Good pay.
Transport costs ₦40000 in 20 days.
If I will calculate cost of transporting myself too ( buying fuel) and that of my nephew who I asked to go learn interior decoration while he awaits his admission, then in a month we will be spending 105k on transportation.
Since after I made that calculation last week, I have been having headache.

4 Likes

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by hakeemhakeem(m): 6:07am On Oct 08, 2021
Mumu nlc stop glamouring for wages increase, asks for basic amenities .moreover what stop nlc to have transportation,housing, schools entity in each local government to Cater for their members.all they know is wages increase

3 Likes

Re: ₦30,000 Minimum Wage No Longer Takes Nigerian Workers Home – NLC by muller101(m): 6:09am On Oct 08, 2021
The more their salaries are increased the more things get tougher. The useless government knows how to collect it back from them. They should be clamoring for restructuring not salary increment.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Playing Politics With Niger Delta Dialogue – MEND / I Will Celebrate Achievements, Not 100 Days, Says Gov Abiodun / Where Are The Hausas?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.