Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,311 members, 7,811,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Holiday Accommodation In The Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Holiday Accommodation In The Uk (1195 Views)

How Bright Or Bleak Is Overstaying On A Visiting Visa In The Uk / Save The Stress: Apply For The Uk Visa Anywhere In Nigeria / Pictures Of The Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Holiday Accommodation In The Uk by bcsman: 11:47am On May 31, 2011
Hello all,

I am a Nigerian based in the UK and I have observed over the years that a lot of Nigerians visits the UK frequently for their holiday, what i noticed over the years is that people stay with friends and family in small UK houses. Holiday is a time to relax and enjoy yourself but the UK tight houses does not allow this when you end up sleeping in the living room of a friend on a sofa.

We can take this trouble away by getting you a serviced apartment in any location of your choice in the UK either in the same city with friends and family or in a different good holiday location. There are other services we can also provide during your holiday. Please use our email address on our profile if you need to contact us.
Re: Holiday Accommodation In The Uk by justwise(m): 12:09pm On May 31, 2011
bcs_man:

Hello all,

I am a Nigerian based in the UK and I have observed over the years that a lot of Nigerians visits the UK frequently for their holiday, what i noticed over the years is that people stay with friends and family in small UK houses. Holiday is a time to relax and enjoy yourself but the UK tight houses does not allow this when you end up sleeping in the living room of a friend on a sofa.

We can take this trouble away by getting you a serviced apartment in any location of your choice in the UK either in the same city with friends and family or in a different good holiday location. There are other services we can also provide during your holiday. Please use our email address on our profile if you need to contact us.

Do you have an office in the Uk where one can visit u ?
Re: Holiday Accommodation In The Uk by TeeJay6(m): 12:12pm On May 31, 2011
Good idea poster, but do you really think nigerians would pay to stay in a serviced apartment when they can "squat" rent-free? That £300 or so they would pay you for the apartment would serve them well at Liverpool street market/bond street and excess luggage at Heathrow airport
Re: Holiday Accommodation In The Uk by justwise(m): 12:17pm On May 31, 2011
Tee_Jay:

Good idea poster, but do you really think nigerians would pay to stay in a serviced apartment when they can "squat" rent-free? That £300 or so they would pay you for the apartment would serve them well at Liverpool street market/bond street and excess luggage at Heathrow airport

. . . and many holiday makers have been conned with this, you pay deposit, get to London and went to the address given only to be faced with the real owner of the house who got no clue at all that his or her house has been rented out.
Re: Holiday Accommodation In The Uk by bcsman: 12:21pm On May 31, 2011
Thanks Justwise, there is an office in the UK, actually in Manchester and the address is

10, ERRWOOD ROAD,
MANCHESTER,
M19 2PA.

The business is self employed and I register with the Inland revenue to provide cost consultancy and general building works, I worked for people on many properties on renovation, it was there that I thought of this idea.
Re: Holiday Accommodation In The Uk by TeeJay6(m): 12:23pm On May 31, 2011
justwise:

. . . and many holiday makers have been conned with this, you pay deposit, get to London and went to the address given only to be faced with the real owner of the house who got no clue at all that his or her house has been rented out.
For it to work at all, they would need to put up a significant amount to deposit to cover damages et al; knowing the way landlords work in UK, they are keen to take the deposit but very unwilling to return it when the tenancy is over. By the time our people finish with that apartment almost every appliance would need to be replaced, not to talk of the bed after the kids don wee wee on it, (just joking)
Re: Holiday Accommodation In The Uk by bcsman: 12:23pm On May 31, 2011
Tee jay,

I remember paying £1,100 for an apartment for a family member in 2008, so I believe that, there are people there who will pay to get a decent place for there holiday
Re: Holiday Accommodation In The Uk by TeeJay6(m): 12:25pm On May 31, 2011
bcs_man:

Thanks Justwise, there is an office in the UK, actually in Manchester and the address is

10, ERRWOOD ROAD,
MANCHESTER,
M19 2PA.

The business is self employed and I register with the Inland revenue to provide cost consultancy and general building works, I worked for people on many properties on renovation, it was there that I thought of this idea.
so i take it you would be renting off landlords(short-term letting) which comes with high rental demands, how are you going to ensure that your margins is tangible enough for you to sustain the business and at the same time not be too prohibitive for the average nigerian tourist?
Re: Holiday Accommodation In The Uk by justwise(m): 12:27pm On May 31, 2011
bcs_man:

10, ERRWOOD ROAD,
MANCHESTER,
M19 2PA.

Is that close to Alma ave?
Re: Holiday Accommodation In The Uk by bcsman: 12:28pm On May 31, 2011
I have no doubt that fraudsters exploit every opportunity to swindle people. To avoid this, I will not take any deposit from anybody until such person gets into the accommodation, we will pick up such person from the airport and collect our money on getting to the property which will be exclusive to them.

On the issue of deposits, please remember that, it is going to be for a short period ranging from 1 week to 8 weeks, so I doubt if there will be any serious damages done to the building during this period
Re: Holiday Accommodation In The Uk by busybody20: 12:28pm On May 31, 2011
bcs_man:

10, ERRWOOD ROAD,
MANCHESTER,
M19 2PA.

whats your tel number?
Re: Holiday Accommodation In The Uk by bcsman: 12:31pm On May 31, 2011
Good question @Tee jay, I will not be renting from any landlord, all im doing is getting properties that are on the market from the landlord that I have personal relationships with and let it for that short period while we are looking for a long term tenant.

@Justwise, I dont know Alma avenue but its very close to stockport road Tesco.
Re: Holiday Accommodation In The Uk by bcsman: 12:34pm On May 31, 2011
@busybody, 07909375055
Re: Holiday Accommodation In The Uk by busybody20: 12:41pm On May 31, 2011
bcs_man:

@busybody,  07909375055

ok. Is it only Manchester u cover? do u have holiday accommodation in London areas

bcs_man:

I have no doubt that fraudsters exploit every opportunity to swindle people. To avoid this, I will not take any deposit from anybody until such person gets into the accommodation, we will pick up such person from the airport and collect our money on getting to the property which will be exclusive to them.

On the issue of deposits, please remember that, it is going to be for a short period ranging from 1 week to 8 weeks, so I doubt if there will be any serious damages done to the building during this period

Free pick-up from Airport    How am i sure you wont rob me  grin
Re: Holiday Accommodation In The Uk by bcsman: 12:46pm On May 31, 2011
Presently, I cover Manchester area. I can do something in London area too if I get a London request as I have a lots of friends doing property business in London.
Re: Holiday Accommodation In The Uk by Shinatu: 1:34pm On May 31, 2011
Tee_Jay:

For it to work at all, they would need to put up a significant amount to deposit to cover damages et al; knowing the way landlords work in UK, they are keen to take the deposit but very unwilling to return it when the tenancy is over. By the time our people finish with that apartment almost every appliance would need to be replaced, not to talk of the bed after the kids don wee wee on it, (just joking)

Really? very interesting opinion of Nigerians revealed in this statement
May I ask what informs this opinion, or is it just by a general observation of 'your people'?
Re: Holiday Accommodation In The Uk by TeeJay6(m): 1:44pm On May 31, 2011
Shinatu:

Really? very interesting opinion of Nigerians revealed in this statement
May I ask what informs this opinion, or is it just by a general observation of 'your people'?
Ok i said it was a joke, in any case its not that some naija people tend to cover themselves in glory in such matters
Re: Holiday Accommodation In The Uk by shawonlese: 5:12pm On May 31, 2011
Holiday is a time to relax and enjoy.

Adventure travel

Book things to do worldwide

http://www.partner.viator.com/en/9582?bannerImg=holiday_guests_125x125.gif

(1) (Reply)

Am A Nigerian And Want To Study Medicine Abroad With Scholarship Or Sponsorship / Any One To Help With Schengen Visa / Has The Us Congress Succeeded In Outlawing The Green Card Visa Lottery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.