Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

How To Fix A Phone That Is Refusing To Boot Up - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Fix A Phone That Is Refusing To Boot Up (2732 Views)

LG Launches Phone That Is More Expensive Than Iphone-x / Meet The Phone That Wants To Take On The Infinix Note 4 & Tecno Camon CX Air. / The Bontel Phone That Can Charge Other Phones I Saw Today (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Fix A Phone That Is Refusing To Boot Up by atheistandproud(m): 7:32pm On Oct 09, 2021
In today’s post, we are going to be learning about how to fix a phone stuck at booting up.

For starters, lets look at the key terms in the title which are “stuck” and “booting up“. To be stuck means to be trapped at a certain place with the inability to move forward. Booting up refers to the process of starting a computer or in this case, a smartphone. The opposite of booting up is shutting down or turning a computer/smartphone off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhOV_TjrJfg

In the not so distant past, whenever you turned on your phone and for some reason it would not come on, one very simple solution was to take out the battery. You take it out, you put it back and in and you try again. More often than not, it worked. But modern smartphones today will not let you take out the battery.

So if you cannot take out the battery, what do you do then when your phone gets stuck at booting up?

Read: Front end and Back end mobile software

How to fix a phone stuck at booting up

So I am assuming that you have powered on your phone and it would not boot up

Step one: Wait
Wait. Yup, sometimes a phone is not really stuck, it is just taking a while to boot up (come on). So instead of panicking, just wait a little.

You can also charge the device for a bit, just to be sure that the battery isn’t low.

Step two: Attempt reboot
If you have waited and you are sure that the phone is not actually booting up. I mean that the phone is just displaying the boot logo and nothing more. Then all you have to do is hold the power button till the screen goes off.

Some phones may reboot and come back on but if it does not work…

Read: Types of software

Step three: Boot into fastboot
Hold the lower volume button + power button till the screen goes off. The phone should then boot into fastboot mode. To get out of fastboot mode…

Step four: Get out of fastboot
Hold the power button for around 10 seconds or so till the screen goes off. All you have to do now is wait for the phone to come back on (i.e. boot up). More often than not this should work. It works for me all the time.

All you have to do is wait a few seconds for the phone to boot back on.

Step five: Factory reset ⚠☠
If all of the above steps fail, the last resort is to boot into recovery mode and factory reset the device. This step means that you would lose everything that you have saved to your device.

To get into recovery mode, you will have to boot into fastboot mode first (see step three). If you successfully get into fastboot mode then the next step is to move into recovery mode.

Simply hold the upper volume button + power button to boot into recovery mode. You will be presented with three options. Pick the factory reset option (wipe data) and your phone will come back up.

The downsides are that, one, you will lose all of your data and two, you may also need to log into your phone’s cloud account. If you can not log back in, you may be locked out of your phone permanently so take note.

Did the above steps work for you? Please let me know in the comments so that I can improve the article so as to help others.

https://inquisitiveuniverse.com/2021/07/21/front-end-software-and-back-end-software/

If you like the article, please consider subscribing to my YouTube channel.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Fix A Phone That Is Refusing To Boot Up by Ussycool: 8:16pm On Oct 09, 2021
Very helpful

1 Like

Re: How To Fix A Phone That Is Refusing To Boot Up by atheistandproud(m): 8:42pm On Oct 09, 2021
Ussycool:
Very helpful

I'm glad you found it helpful.
Re: How To Fix A Phone That Is Refusing To Boot Up by atheistandproud(m): 9:43pm On Oct 12, 2021
@Catastrophic

I'll be mentioning you here henceforth.

There are so many reasons why your device could be overheating.

The cause could also depend on the area of the phone that is overheating.

For proper confirmation, get an app like Devcheck or CPUZ and post a screen shot of the temperature reading.
Re: How To Fix A Phone That Is Refusing To Boot Up by Catastrophic(m): 10:25pm On Oct 12, 2021
atheistandproud:
@Catastrophic

I'll be mentioning you here henceforth.

There are so many reasons why your device could be overheating.

The cause could also depend on the area of the phone that is overheating.

For proper confirmation, get an app like Devcheck or CPUZ and post a screen shot of the temperature reading.

The upper part to be specific, but the whole screen is hot even as am typing this.. this phone is trash

Done.

Re: How To Fix A Phone That Is Refusing To Boot Up by atheistandproud(m): 10:53pm On Oct 12, 2021
Catastrophic:

The upper part to be specific, but the whole screen is hot even as am typing this.. this phone is trash

Done.

This is the Camon 12 right?
Re: How To Fix A Phone That Is Refusing To Boot Up by Catastrophic(m): 4:07am On Oct 13, 2021
atheistandproud:

This is the Camon 12 right?

No. Camon CM. It was launched in early 2018.
Re: How To Fix A Phone That Is Refusing To Boot Up by atheistandproud(m): 6:32am On Oct 13, 2021
Catastrophic:

No. Camon CM. It was launched in early 2018.

Good lord!

Mediatek 6737H

Quad core, 1.3GHz

Damn it bro

Possible problems
1. Ageing hardware is overworked
2. Malware

You stated clearly that the heating is from the front so na CPU + GPU ish.

Your SoC is really really old. So you may need uninstall alot of heavy apps especially the ones that you do not use.

I would prefer you back up your data to a laptop and format the phone.

Then be using it jejely without any heavy app.
Re: How To Fix A Phone That Is Refusing To Boot Up by Catastrophic(m): 7:08am On Oct 13, 2021
atheistandproud:

Good lord!

Mediatek 6737H

Quad core, 1.3GHz

Damn it bro

Possible problems
1. Ageing hardware is overworked
2. Malware

You stated clearly that the heating is from the front so na CPU + GPU ish.

Your SoC is really really old. So you may need uninstall alot of heavy apps especially the ones that you do not use.

I would prefer you back up your data to a laptop and format the phone.

Then be using it jejely without gany heavy app.

Oh ok. And I was thinking maybe I should change the battery and it would stop.. cos it barely lasts for 4 hours. Anyways, thanks for the enlightenment bro.

I'm thinking of buying Tecno Pova.. though the price has increased..(the one with 6000mAh battery).. cos all I need in a phone are, but not limited to:

1. Battery of 6000mAh and above or any battery that would last an average of 10 hours SOT. (because this 3000 battery don show me shege.. am always charging in bet shops)
2. Multitasking like Samsung. (I dislike phones that are not extremely fast or at least fast)
3. 6g/128gb ram and above.. though 4/64gb is slightly okay as long as it doesn't hang.
4. Camera won't be a problem long as it's clear enough.

Any other important feature to consider? Pls you can shed more light.

What do you think? Did I make a right choice in choosing the phone? Cos I heard Tecno phones are shitty(maybe it's true but I think Pova will be exceptional, I could be wrong though)
Re: How To Fix A Phone That Is Refusing To Boot Up by atheistandproud(m): 10:18am On Oct 13, 2021
Catastrophic:

Oh ok. And I was thinking maybe I should change the battery and it would stop.. cos it barely lasts for 4 hours. Anyways, thanks for the enlightenment bro.

I'm thinking of buying Tecno Pova.. though the price has increased..(the one with 6000mAh battery).. cos all I need in a phone are, but not limited to:

1. Battery of 6000mAh and above or any battery that would last an average of 10 hours SOT. (because this 3000 battery don show me shege.. am always charging in bet shops)
2. Multitasking like Samsung. (I dislike phones that are not extremely fast or at least fast)
3. 6g/128gb ram and above.. though 4/64gb is slightly okay as long as it doesn't hang.

What do you think? Did I make a right choice in choosing the phone? Cos I heard Tecno phones are shitty(maybe it's true but I think Pova will be exceptional, I could be wrong though)

If you like the pova, go for it.
Re: How To Fix A Phone That Is Refusing To Boot Up by Catastrophic(m): 10:23am On Oct 13, 2021
atheistandproud:

If you like the pova, go for it.

It's alright. Thanks a lot.
Re: How To Fix A Phone That Is Refusing To Boot Up by Shuregirl: 7:56pm On Oct 13, 2021
Catastrophic:

Pova is a beast, one of their strongest

(1) (Reply)

I Need An Android Phone Of 50-60k Urgently For My Little Cousin / Virus And The Cures / Between Blackberry Q10 , Q5 And Z10 , Which Is The Better Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.