Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,037 members, 7,818,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? (9984 Views)

Is Listening To Secular Music or Watching Movie Bad For A Christian? / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS / Facebook Is Gradually Becoming Unsafe For Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by Elistho(m): 11:01pm On Oct 09, 2021
So, I was scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed when I came in contact with this post below by a friend. I thought it's wise to share it here.

"Women v. HEAVY Makeup.
*Good Evening all and welcome to Part 1 of this program, we've kicked off and I wouldn't hesitate to thank you all, you deserve the accolades. Keep engaging, give your opinions, and don't relegate yourself from learning and putting what you read into practice though, I will try to make this post brief, for those that don't like reading long posts. �*

So, I will say God created our female folks to be extremely and exquisitely beautiful, like who doesn't like a good thing? Probably, none I think.

Low self-esteem is bad and one can downgrade oneself due to alleged stereotypes and discrimination, this topic I'm writing on has and will always remain a controversial one in our contemporary society.

So, I ask again, what will make a beautiful female dress up, upon all the prettiness and the assets, will still go-ahead to use HEAVY poster color ("Abi na crayon"wink on her face that it becomes obvious and throw people like me into oblivion regarding the reason for the act.

You might say it isn't wrong or it adds to one's exquisiteness, or probably with the cliche "guys like it that way" wait, who are you deceiving? � And who's giving the impression, like " where did you get the Inspirations from? I wonder...

It is said "numbers don't lie" if it does, check the scoreboard", to my knowledge, most guys despise "HEAVY Makeup, and that's what most Ladies don't know" ask 10 guys out on the issue and get back to me if you doubt.

*Let me share a little experience*

So, I went for my matriculation ceremony, met my acquaintances, Colleagues cum friends, no big deal. Guess what? � Two Colleagues first passed me by, paused, and said "hello", I swear this man couldn't recognize who was talking, I just pretended I knew who was behind the poster color stuff and moved �.

Along the line, I met with a guyman friend, we discussed as we cruised around on leg, we met another female colleague posing for a picture, she waved this time, the guy was quick enough to recognize who's behind the mask, I just stared hard and harder, pondering on "who's that?" At a point, I asked the guy who was waving and smiling, he answered "our Colleague".

"Wahala dey o�" I was like "which our colleague again that I can't recognize, the girl heard it clearly and laughed, till now, I still don't know who was that, I've exonerated myself abeg �.

Makeup isn't bad, it didn't start today quite alright. For Muslims, I don't know the utmost portion in the Quran that talks about that. Someone can help later in the comment section.

For Christians, in Exodus Chapter 32 vs 1, down. Let me emphasize verse 2, "And Aaron said unto them, Break off the golden earrings, which are in the ears of your wives, of your sons, and of your daughters, and bring them unto me."

We can now see via the aforementioned verse that ornaments and probably makeup didn't start today, and no one objects to that, it's a renowned phenomenon.

Personally, I like someone looking good, I mean good �, makeup isn't the Palaver, the issue is posing with poster color and long nails and be looking like the devil's reincarnate. You're beautiful, can't you do the needful artifice on your facials without deception? Oh yes, possessing a face that's not your own is public deceit and deception, let my lawyers charge you to court �. Where's a counsel there? Your attention is needed here.

Solemnly, you're made in the image of God, read Genesis 1 v. 26, sister does God possess two faces on different days? "E weak me."

Personally and from my perspective, do makeup, but make it light and not heavy, if you insist, fix the shortest of all nails, I'll admire you that way and others too will.

I can recommend a way if you want, you can try straightening the brows, then you use lip gloss or stick that isn't other than the usual One's, you plait a fine hair, viz. attachment whatsoever, and use shiny hair oil on it, you can also use face powder, trust me they'll admire you die, not poster colors. Haaa, when did I become a makeup artist? �

Concluding, You're beautiful for who you're, don't let low self-esteem or peer pressure drag you to what we can't fathom, You're a Christian and should dress like one.

What you can't wear to a job interview or wear to sit before your pastor, albeit some church denominations have compromised this, however, don't wear it.

Hitherto, you're beautiful and we know �.

Do makeup, I'm not saying don't take care of yourself because you want to be a hypocrite assistant Jesus.�

Please, all I'm saying, am I right or wrong? � Please just place your suggestions on the comment box, let's discuss, I can't wait to hear views and attacks �� Don't worry, I'm coming for the males as well.

Also, share for others to learn, Thank You.

https://www.facebook.com/100052805166728/posts/393100995793403/?app=fbl

4 Likes

Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by chatinent: 11:03pm On Oct 09, 2021
Moderation is key in everything.

28 Likes

Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by ClassicMan202(m): 11:10pm On Oct 09, 2021
Heavy makeup is bad for everybody....

Think about the health implications

17 Likes

Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by Kobojunkie: 11:16pm On Oct 09, 2021
Elistho:
So, I was scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed when I came in contact with this post below by a friend. I thought it's wise to share it here.

"Women v. HEAVY Makeup.
*Good Evening all and welcome to Part 1 of this program, we've kicked off and I wouldn't hesitate to thank you all, you deserve the accolades. Keep engaging, give your opinions, and don't relegate yourself from learning and putting what you read into practice though, I will try to make this post brief, for those that don't like reading long posts. �*

So, I will say God created our female folks to be extremely and exquisitely beautiful, like who doesn't like a good thing? Probably, none I think.

Low self-esteem is bad and one can downgrade oneself due to alleged stereotypes and discrimination, this topic I'm writing on has and will always remain a controversial one in our contemporary society.

So, I ask again, what will make a beautiful female dress up, upon all the prettiness and the assets, will still go-ahead to use HEAVY poster color ("Abi na crayon"wink on her face that it becomes obvious and throw people like me into oblivion regarding the reason for the act.

You might say it isn't wrong or it adds to one's exquisiteness, or probably with the cliche "guys like it that way" wait, who are you deceiving? � And who's giving the impression, like " where did you get the Inspirations from? I wonder...

It is said "numbers don't lie" if it does, check the scoreboard", to my knowledge, most guys despise "HEAVY Makeup, and that's what most Ladies don't know" ask 10 guys out on the issue and get back to me if you doubt.
God has nothing to do with your writeup since He gave to women no rules about makeup. A woman is free to cake it on as heavy as she desires, it will not remove or add a thing to her status with the Almighty. undecided

God is not a shallow minded deity out to strike us down at every corner and on every act. No, He is simply for those who will submit to a life lived according to His Will, Jesus Christ. These are free to live as they chose in addition to submitting to His Law. undecided

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by Franzinni: 11:40pm On Oct 09, 2021
Makeup in of itself is deceit

You are painting yourself to seem better than you really are. But I don't condemn make up for those who love it.

I just know there is something about a naturally beautiful woman with natural hair that can't be rivaled by the best of charlatans.

14 Likes

Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by chiommy123(f): 12:20am On Oct 10, 2021
Whether you're a Christian or not to much of anything is bad

8 Likes

Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by TheOneWhoSees: 2:46am On Oct 10, 2021
Too much religion is bad for your mind. Wear as much or as little make up as you please. If you want to look like a clown, fantastic. If you want to look natural, fantastic. The important thing is that you treat people right, you love your fellow human like yourself (assuming you like yourself in which case learn to like yourself first) and most of all set people free from superstition and religious oppression. You don't need to quote bible 24/7 to be a child of God. You are one full stop.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:51am On Oct 10, 2021
I think it's highly insulting to the creative capacity of the Creator to view the appearances of humans after the fall of man as a measure of His Works or Ability, because when He made man in the beginning everything was perfect, before man's fall, including man's appearance, but everything became substandard and imperfect after that.

So if anyone has an issue with heavy makeup of light makeup, let them not use the excuse of how God made them, because that would be belittling and undermining all the good work that God had done in the beginning.

It's just like saying those born with a defect or disability should not seek to correct them with surgery, because they were made that way by God, when God had nothing to do with such but it's what man has made of the perfect work that God had done in the beginning.

The cloths that people wear this day to cover their unclothedness, many don't consider it to be (heavy) make-up, but it actually is, as God didn't make man and the woman with cloths in the beginning. It was only deemed a necessary make-up they should wear to cover up their shame after they fell into sin.

Moreover, let's try and not be too hasty to judge or condemn people because of their looks, especially if we claim to be of God and not of this world, because man or the world judges on the outward appearance, but God looks at the heart.

God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by Kobojunkie: 3:44am On Oct 10, 2021
TheOneWhoSees:
Too much religion is bad for your mind. Wear as much or as little make up as you please. If you want to look like a clown, fantastic. If you want to look natural, fantastic. The important thing is that you treat people right, you love your fellow human like yourself (assuming you like yourself in which case learn to like yourself first) and most of all set people free from superstition and religious oppression. You don't need to quote bible 24/7 to be a child of God. You are one full stop.
You nailed it! undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by obonujoker(m): 6:09am On Oct 10, 2021
Jeremiah 4:30...

"When a woman/man is spoilt, they go after painting , ornaments etc...

A child of God is not spoiled, rather a new creature as old things are passed away and all things become new....

1 Like

Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by helinues: 6:19am On Oct 10, 2021
Some ladies have turned to a doll with their excessive make up.

Even bible said everything must be moderate
Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 10, 2021
What has makeup got to do with anything?
To me, this is just a topical application that doesn't suggest sin in anyways. It's just like saying, rubbing white powder is a sin.

What of someone who doesnt apply makeup but her spiritual garment/heart is stained with sin? you'll declare such a person a saint?

Let's stop chasing after shadows and things that don't matter to God and begin to guide our hearts and thoughts with all dilligence because out of it springs up the issues of life.

Shalom.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:05am On Oct 10, 2021
I go buy shoe for one ibo man when I dey school, e come dey pray for me, dey do sermon dey quote bible verse for me, e come end everything with, "I hate perfume to the core." He even said it's not good for true Christians but I come yarn am say me I no be Christian, I come dey reason where e see am for inside bible say perfume no good, extremism is a big problem, God is simpler than we can imagine

2 Likes

Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by Nadaken: 7:25am On Oct 10, 2021
Most people asking these stupid questions just want to either seek attention or try to make their own hypocrite version of Christianity

Christianity is very simple and clear, if something is wrong and doesn't glorify God don't do it

The heavy make up you want to do is obviously to attract the opposite sex or look excessively good to please someone that didn't create you

So how do you now ask if a Christian should do heavy make up when Jesus has no benefit in your heavy make up

2 Likes

Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by orisa37: 9:09am On Oct 10, 2021
DO EVERYTHING IN MODERATION. THAT'S THE WILL OF THE LORD.

2 Likes

Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by Sundaypaul12345: 10:56am On Oct 10, 2021
No its not
Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by Sammyklever(m): 10:56am On Oct 10, 2021
Just do everything moderately....and above all, do what makes you happy as long as it is not a sin to God

I have natural solution to your one minute problem as a man...you can put an end to that bedroom embarrassment

Check out my profile
Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by adesegun121(m): 10:57am On Oct 10, 2021
No
Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by TinubuGoQuench(f): 10:58am On Oct 10, 2021
"Religion is the opium of the people"
-Karl Marx (1818 - 1883)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by Topzee109: 10:58am On Oct 10, 2021
See them, and they will come to Muslim forum that they have too much rules
Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by greenie77: 10:59am On Oct 10, 2021
Moderation is key.
Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by BigDawsNet: 11:01am On Oct 10, 2021
I Peter 3:3:4

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.

4 Likes

Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by Think4Yourself: 11:01am On Oct 10, 2021
Makeup is an artificial beauty

Ugly people use it all the time embarassed
Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by Kobojunkie: 11:02am On Oct 10, 2021
Tajbol4splend:
I go buy shoe for one ibo man when I dey school, e come dey pray for me, dey do sermon dey quote bible verse for me, e come end everything with, "I hate perfume to the core." He even said it's not good for true Christians but I come yarn am say me I no be Christian, I come dey reason where e see am for inside bible say perfume no good, extremism is a big problem, God is simpler than we can imagine
He hates perfumes yet God is the one who gave us all fragrances and every fragrance and knowledge to make them wey dey out there. Even Jesus Christ follow Rob perfume. undecided

I tell you, so many so-called Christians are so steeped in that which is antiChrist that even more non-Christians make more Christly sense than they do. undecided
Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by Picker28: 11:02am On Oct 10, 2021
Christians my foot talk about believers
Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by Kobojunkie: 11:04am On Oct 10, 2021
greenie77:
Moderation is key.
Moderation by whose standard? Yours or the person wearing the makeup? undecided

NOTE: God didn't set a standard for such things as he left that to individuals to decide for themselves. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by Sleekfingers: 11:08am On Oct 10, 2021
I don't see anything wrong with that....it is by choice, heavy or light....

And lastly, nigerian version of christianity , reeks of stupidities, hypocrites and self- deluded Ignorant fools.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by kokkubabboni421(m): 11:10am On Oct 10, 2021
Silver and gold, none I have to offer but to send you to righteousness89 for counseling
Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by phineas: 11:11am On Oct 10, 2021
Humans have turned themselves to gatekeepers of the kingdom, vain attempts to personally supervise and select who enters heaven or not according to their own rules and doctrines as if it is their blood that was shed.

For Christians ,The person who died said he died for all,you are there selecting for him and in the process actually turning people away,why not let God and his Son decide? Abi is it your blood that was shed.All God asked from you is to love Him and love others.

For the one who wants to wear make up and whatever, wear, for the one who doesn't want to don't wear, same goes for clothes, leave everyman to his /her God, you just walk in love as best as you can.

However your decision to be a people please is a personal life decision,an appalling weakness best addressed and can only be addressed by oneself.

The priority again is Love and fear God,love yourself,love others.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by crestedaguiyi: 11:11am On Oct 10, 2021
It's bad for my erection
Re: Is Heavy Makeup Bad For Christians? by revived: 11:12am On Oct 10, 2021
U no need make up

My babe for example nah fine girl but make up makes her look ugly to me

Just normal makeovers is enough

No need for pancake face

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Free The Nation Tour 2018: Daddy Freeze Looking For International, Local Venues / Pastor AIO, Come Teach Us The Truth. / Blood Oath Repercussions???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.