Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,555 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:42 PM

Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi (1960 Views)

2023: Dokpesi Meets Lagos4Lagos APC Group In Lagos / 2023: Dokpesi Says He Will Support Tinubu Because They Are Childhood Friends / I Will Win Presidential Race In 2023 – Rochas Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 10, 2021
Dokpesi advises the PDP to present a northern candidate to win the 2023 presidential election.

A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Raymond Dokpesi strongly believes no candidate from the southeast can win the presidency for the opposition party in the 2023 general elections.

In an interview with Daily Trust, Dokpesi advised the PDP to seek its presidential candidate from the north, saying presenting a southern candidate would be a huge challenge for the party in the election.

However, the PDP chieftain proffered that whoever emerged the winner of the presidential election in 2023 should compensate the people of the southeast.

He said, “the South East cannot win the election for the PDP that is just the truth of the matter. I don’t beat around the bush; I treat issues as they are and as I understand them. There is no candidate from the Southeast, even I dare say there is no candidate from the South that you put in the North today that will be able to win. It is going to be a humongous challenge.

“If we are the Nigerians, I want us to be, if we believe in the unity of Nigeria and we also believe in equity, justice, and fairness, there is no reason we should not give it to the South East if the slot is given to the South. However, is there equity, justice, and fairness in Nigeria’s politics? The answer is NO! So, don’t let us over flog the matter. I think that whoever emerges as the president of Nigeria would have to compensate the people of the South East if truly, we want the emergence of the new Nigeria.”

Dokpesi further said it is not wrong for the PDP to zone its presidential ticket to the north, saying the region is still in deficit of the presidency due to the death of President Umar Musa Yar’adua in 2010.

Founder of Daar Communications Plc also advised the leadership of the PDP to reposition the party and get the right calibre of people to take charge of its affairs in order to approach the 2023 election properly.

Source:
https://www.pulse.ng/news/politics/dokpesi-believes-nobody-from-southeast-can-win-presidential-election-for-pdp-in-2023/2cxs3n7.amp

Lalasticlala Mynd44 OAM4J

1 Like

Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by vanbonattel: 1:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
Dear Raymond, we have since gone past that your myopic reasoning that tends to put the presidency as a means of compensation or financial benefits.

Of what use will an Igbo president be with the lopsided army and national assembly? He will be as tiothless as Ernerst Shonekan in 1993.

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by Bellfun(m): 1:50pm On Oct 10, 2021
Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by mightyhaze: 1:54pm On Oct 10, 2021
Says who?

Nobody can win presidency all by himself... It has to be concerted and studied effort.. just like it was done for Southwest,Northwest and southsouth in the past..

Southeast 2023...

Oya those that claim to love one indivisible naijuria this is the time to do some work.. let's see how determined to keep one naijuria at all cost you all are kiss

4 Likes

Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by Nobody: 2:06pm On Oct 10, 2021
mightyhaze:
Says who?

Nobody can win presidency all by himself... It has to be concerted and studied effort.. just like it was done for Southwest,Northwest and southsouth in the past..

Southeast 2023...

Oya those that claim to love one indivisible naijuria this is the time to do some work.. let's see how determined to keep one naijuria at all cost kiss

It's a democracy. Everyone gets to vote. It's more about who is likeable enough or able to get allies to win over the people in enough different regions to win.

The parties must present a person dt can do dt if they want to win. If it's a SE candidate, he must still lick ass wt elders/influential pple in all the other regions like the past democratic presidents or he won't win. Facts.

.eg. Buhari went all over the SW licking ass & dishing promises until he finally got the votes needed after failing 3 times earlier.

5 Likes

Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by deboysben(m): 2:06pm On Oct 10, 2021
He said nothing but the truth.

Se is ready to build bridges be it third mainland or Niger bridge by entering into alliance with north in 2023 cos South West presidency will not be of any benefit to east.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by Moferere: 2:11pm On Oct 10, 2021
He has said the truth, S/E are politically disadvantaged. They have not electoral value.

They will make all the noise but they will not come out on the election day

9 Likes

Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by LegendHero(m): 2:12pm On Oct 10, 2021
Dokpesi is right, a SE candidate in PDP is a 100% automatic win for any southern candidate in APC.

If PDP main aim is to come back to power, their best bet is a Northerner like Atiku.

However, looking at the pattern of voting since 2007, I can confidently say any southerner that wants to win election in 2023 will need Buhari support, even if it’s a SW candidate.

I repeat Buhari support is very key. Anyone that he supports openly and campaign for in 2023 will emerge.

Before anyone roast me alive, see the below analysis.

—This is 2011 election result spread. Buhari won those 12 Northern states at the top and Jonathan won the swing states of the SW and Middle belt of Kogi, Kwara, Benue.

[img]https:///65535/51571570952_5c66b8c7d1_b_d.jpg[/img]

—In 2015, the swing states of SW, Kogi, Kwara, and Benue supported Buhari and that made him president. Hence the constant factor is that 12 states in the North for Buhari.

[img]https:///65535/51573309120_6f06f2e06c_b_d.jpg[/img]

—In 2019, Buhari still retained that 12 states in the North. With the swing states of SW, and Middlebelt Kogi and Kwara. The constant K for Buhari is those 12 Northern states, even Atiku a fellow Northerner could not defeat Buhari in any of those states in 2019.

[img]https:///65535/51573307855_ff560dc58c_b_d.jpg[/img]

I know some people will say Buhari will not be contesting in 2023 and that will change the pattern, but what I want us to understand is that so far Buhari openly support and campaign for that southern candidate, the votes in those states are sure to like 80% confidence.

Atiku is just an overrated politician, when he contested in 2007 he couldn’t get up to 3million votes on his own. He can only use the party structure to garner vote which was why he was able to get those 2019 votes number. Any PDP candidate from even the South will win all those states Atiku won in 2019 except probably Adamawa.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by olamidedivotee: 2:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
What he said is true. South East don't have an eligible candidate present.

In case, anyone need a technology writer. Check my signature.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by TotoGame(m): 2:15pm On Oct 10, 2021
Why are southern politicans so stupid and daft ....

Tufiakwa!

3 Likes

Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by 7lives: 2:16pm On Oct 10, 2021
Duckpesi don buy market.
IPOD go soon locate ya house.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by TotoGame(m): 2:18pm On Oct 10, 2021
olamidedivotee:

Sharrap....so many politicans from the east are eligible if the pdp really wants to zone it's ticket to the east

People like peter obi, sen anyim pius anyim, ike ekweremadu etc

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 10, 2021
TotoGame:
Why are southern politicans so stupid and daft ....

Tufiakwa!
A SW leader can never make the statement dt "a southerner can't win presidency".
Neither will SWesterners vote a northerner back to back for 2023.

It's other southerners dt can accept dt.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by Eastlink(m): 2:21pm On Oct 10, 2021
Dokpesi has said his own, let's hear from the nairaland SE PDP die-hard mumu’s. Fadhiga and MrVitalist what says both of you. Are you willing to concede the Igbo Presidential aspiration to the north and accept the VP slot?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by Justmesagi: 2:24pm On Oct 10, 2021
Moferere:
He has said the truth, S/E are politically disadvantaged. They have not electoral value.

They will make all the noise but they will not come out on the election day
Hypocrite like u is here mocking the igbos but reported me for telling Yorubas the truth.
Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by Eastlink(m): 2:24pm On Oct 10, 2021
olamidedivotee:

The SE have formidable candidates in PDP but cowardice will not allow them stake a claim to the ticket. However, name the SW eligible candidate that can confidently win the Presidential elections? We want to check something.

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by Eastlink(m): 2:27pm On Oct 10, 2021
vanbonattel:
[s]Dear Raymond, we have since gone past that your myopic reasoning that tends to put the presidency as a means of compensation or financial benefits.

Of what use will an Igbo president be with the lopsided army and national assembly? He will be as tiothless as Ernerst Shonekan in 1993[/s].
Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by TotoGame(m): 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2021
Leaforever:

A SW leader can never make the statement dt "a southerner can't win presidency".
Neither will SWesterners vote a northerner back to back for 2023.

It's other southerners dt can accept dt.

Ọgbẹni ọkunrin lọ sinmi

Yorùbá ń ṣògo púpọ̀!!!
Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by Buckeyemedia1: 2:43pm On Oct 10, 2021
TotoGame:

Sharrap....so many politicans from the east are eligible if the pdp really wants to zone it's ticket to the east

A laughable joke.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by noleflendum: 2:43pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ibo want PDP ticket and at the same time APC Islamic party ticket
They want to reap where they didn't sow

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by Buckeyemedia1: 2:44pm On Oct 10, 2021
Eastlink:
Dokpesi has said his own, let's hear from the nairaland SE PDP die-hard mumu’s. Fadhiga and MrVitalist what says both of you. Are you willing to concede the Igbo Presidential aspiration to the north and accept the VP slot?
Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by Sunday2021: 2:57pm On Oct 10, 2021
TotoGame:

and who will vote for them?

5 Likes

Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 10, 2021
LegendHero:
Dokpesi is right, a SE candidate in PDP is a 100% automatic win for any southern candidate in APC.

If PDP main aim is to come back to power, their best bet is a Northerner like Atiku.

However, looking at the pattern of voting since 2007, I can confidently say any southerner that wants to win election in 2023 will need Buhari support, even if it’s a SW candidate.

I repeat Buhari support is very key. Anyone that he supports openly and campaign for in 2023 will emerge.

Before anyone roast me alive, see the below analysis.

I know some people will say Buhari will not be contesting in 2023 and that will change the pattern, but what I want us to understand is that so far Buhari openly support and campaign for that southern candidate, the votes in those states are sure to like 80% confidence.

Atiku is just an overrated politician, when he contested in 2007 he couldn’t get up to 3million votes on his own. He can only use the party structure to garner vote which was why he was able to get those 2019 votes number. Any PDP candidate from even the South will win all those states Atiku won in 2019 except probably Adamawa.
Buhari is influential in the north, no doubt. They see him like a cultural icon cos he took part in dt coup to avenge sardaunas death. In the Nigerian story, he is their person.

It all depends on the opponent though. Northerners have bn ravaged by bandits/terrorists and although they reverence Buhari, they still will compare his candidate to whoever they think can give them security.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by after4: 3:01pm On Oct 10, 2021
These people still thinks the average Igbo man wants presidency. I will be happy that an Igbo man do not get the presidency so that the foolish ones like supreme court administrator and his ebonyi state was licker will learn.

We want biafra and not presidency.
If the next presidency do not come to the SE it will be very helpful. Nonsense and ingredient as if all the ones wey be president don benefit even their people e.g daura
Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by TotoGame(m): 3:02pm On Oct 10, 2021
Sunday2021:
and who will vote for them?

Exactly the same people that do vote for northern candidates

Political timidity and low esteem is the problem of the south
Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by LegendHero(m): 3:12pm On Oct 10, 2021
Leaforever:

Buhari is influential in the north, no doubt. They see him like a cultural icon cos he took part in dt coup to avenge sardaunas death. In the Nigerian story, he is their person.

It all depends on the opponent though. Northerners have bn ravaged by bandits/terrorists and although they reverence Buhari, they still will compare his candidate to whoever they think can give them security.

@the bolded, that was what we thought about in 2019 thinking Atiku will make inroads into those Buhari states. There is no security problem we are facing now that we don’t face in 2019 and yet Buhari still held on to those states.

Both Tinubu or Osinbajo are acceptable somehow in the North especially considering the fact that the North have no animosity against these guys personality and a Buhari stamping any one of them will definitely be a banker for them.

The other determinant of 2023 election is the voter turnout on Election Day. The Southerner got lot of voter apathy which is also one thing that is killing the votes. If I am Tinubu/ Osinbajo political strategist, the main thing I will be canvassing in the SW is voters turnout because that is very key in 2023. What method can you employ that will induce massive voters turnout on Election Day? Beside the fact that politicians write numbers with unused voters ballot, what method can you actually use to bring out real voters on Election Day. I know it’s two way, if the woke youth come out to vote on Election Day then they will definitely vote against him so that somehow makes it dicey. But balance can still be sought.

See 2019 voters turnout on Election Day below and you will weep for the South. We all do like we are educated but elections time and time have proven that we are not wise.

2 Likes

Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by Nobody: 3:21pm On Oct 10, 2021
LegendHero:

@the bolded, that was what we thought about in 2019 thinking Atiku will make inroads into those Buhari states. There is no security problem we are facing now that we don’t face in 2019 and yet Buhari still held on to those states.

Both Tinubu or Osinbajo are acceptable somehow in the North especially considering the fact that the North have no animosity against these guys personality and a Buhari stamping any one of them will definitely be a banker for them.

The other determinant of 2023 election is the voter turnout on Election Day. The Southerner got lot of voter apathy which is also one thing that is killing the votes. If I am Tinubu/ Osinbajo political strategist, the main thing I will be canvassing in the SW is voters turnout because that is very key in 2023. What method can you employ that will induce massive voters turnout on Election Day? Beside the fact that politicians write numbers with unused voters ballot, what method can you actually use to bring out real voters on Election Day. I know it’s two way, if the woke youth come out to vote on Election Day then they will definitely vote against him so that somehow makes it dicey. But balance can still be sought.

See 2019 voters turnout on Election Day below and you will weep for the South. We all do like we are educated but elections time and time have proven that we are not wise.

APC will not bring out a SW candidate. I think theyll choose a SSoutherner dt has some southeast blood. Tinubu is not stupid. He wants to win elections.
Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by LegendHero(m): 3:23pm On Oct 10, 2021
Leaforever:

APC will not bring out a SW candidate. I think theyll choose a SSoutherner dt has some southeast blood. Tinubu is not stupid.

Lol. What will APC gain in choosing someone with a SE blood when PDP is running away from them?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 10, 2021
shocked
Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by LegendHero(m): 3:35pm On Oct 10, 2021
Leaforever:

Tinubu wants to lead a party dt wins elections. He also sees himself as a strong nigerianist dt supports democracy. Dts how all his oyinbo diplomat friends see him too. They will probably drop amechi or someone weaker like Jonathan, so he can get d SS, along wt the north. Watch.

It’s like you don’t get it bro. It’s more of party rather than candidate down south here.

Having an Amaechi on the ballot does not mean Amaechi will win the SE/SS in APC. Understand the politics down south here.

Let’s see how it goes shar. You might also be right in your assertions but looking at it on a broader scale, Amaechi won’t even win SE/SS in APC against Atiku in PDP.

5 Likes

Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by tamdun: 3:38pm On Oct 10, 2021
Leaforever:

APC will not bring out a SW candidate. I think theyll choose a SSoutherner dt has some southeast blood. Tinubu is not stupid.
In 2011/2015, ss/se did not vote for APC and they still won,do the mathematics Mr man,a SS candidate with Igbo blood is a red flag in the north and Yoruba too will be disappointed if their son did not clinch the ticket,thats automatic win for PDP
Re: Southeast Cannot Win Presidential Election For PDP In 2023 - Dokpesi by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 10, 2021
tamdun:

In 2011/2015, ss/se did not vote for APC and they still won,do the mathematics Mr man,a SS candidate with Igbo blood is a red flag in the north and Yoruba too will be disappointed if their son did not clinch the ticket,thats automatic win for PDP
You're wrong. SS didn't vote for party. Only SE did dt.
SS voted for their son, Jonathan.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Tinubu Sponsored Aspirants To Step Down For Him / Man Waving PDP Flag Disgracefully Leaves As Obi's Supporters Chants His Name / A Good Reason I'm Voting Obi And Prefer Him Over My Tribesman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.