Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! (2718 Views)

Pope Declares Seat Of Bishop Of Ahiara Mbaise Catholic Diocese Vacant / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by aletheia(m): 4:47pm On Jun 01, 2011
Martian:

I can't understand this!!! A christian posts this picture and sees all the myths about virgin mother and god child

^
I doubt if you quite understand the Virgin Mother & God Child myths. Or the gospel of Christ. There is no support in the Bible for the catholic traditions. The difference between these myths and the gospel of Jesus is the difference between night and day.

Martian:

Lmao, anyway if you can just claim that the others are "demons" I guess you've covered your a$$.
Nothing makes me mad and still makes me laugh outloud like christianity does!!! It's only christian ignorance that can make the  adherents mock the original. All you christians that are always castigating the Catholic church are actually the heretics and blasphemers thanks to Martin Luther who was also a virulent anti semite. Where do you think Hitler got the inspiration from? Goddamn christian heretics, y'all better bow to your father, his holiness Pope Benedict the ped_phile.
^
You show your ignorance of history. . .and you think name dropping Luther, Hitler and Benedict changes that?
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Nobody: 7:37am On Jun 02, 2011
aletheia:

^
I doubt if you quite understand the Virgin Mother & God Child myths. Or the gospel of Christ. There is no support in the Bible for the catholic traditions. The difference between these myths and the gospel of Jesus is the difference between night and day.
^
You show your ignorance of history. . .and you think name dropping Luther, Hitler and Benedict changes that?

what is left to understand? You discard all the other myths that predate our own and claim without any evidence, historic or scientific, that yours actually happended. The only difference between the jesus "gospel" and the other myths is that the believers of the gospel have spread it through bloodshed, persecution, tourture, colonisation, slavery, indoctrination and never ending evangelism. It is also the most current one since the civilizations that believed in the other versions no longer exist.

If I'm showing my ignorance of history please correct me. Tell me Martin Luther didn't split with the catholic church because of the sale of indulgences and other doctrines he didn't agree with, tell me he didn't promote the "salvation by faith" doctrine that has turned some nigerians (and most black people) into mindless drones who think faith is a virtue. Tell me he didn't write "On jews and their lies". Tell me Hitler wasn't influenced by the anti semitism he advocated. And tell me that the current pope didnt cover up pedophilia in his ranks and then recently tried to blame Nazism on atheism when the Nazi uniform belt had "God with Us" on the buckle. Go ahead, I'll wait.
What's up doc?
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by aletheia(m): 10:52am On Jun 02, 2011
^
Martin Luther, Hitler and Benedict are irrelevant to the discussion. You are just laying down rabbit trails. You make the mistake of thinking I 'll rush to defend the foibles of Luther. I do not regard Martin Luther more highly than he ought to be. I said you were ignorant of history because like a lot of those who claim to be Christians - Protestant & Catholic; you also have bought the lie that there were no true Christians before Luther. This is ironic because it reveals that despite your vigorous protestations your view of Christianity is influenced and even now is being molded by the RCC's corrupted version.

That there are parallels between the pagan Virgin Mother/Divine Child myths and the RCC's version of Mary is because they represent the same thing and have the same pagan sources.

What is the leit-motif of these myths?
The importance of mother goddesses in the various mythologies of paganism is so evident that even a shallow description could easily fill entire volumes…The mother goddess received different names and external appearances, but, in substance, she was always the same. In Egypt, she was called Isis. In Crete, she was represented as a mother who made friendly contact with snakes. In Greece she was known as Demeter, and in Rome she was worshiped as Cybele, the Magna Mater (Great Mother), a mother goddess of Phrygian origin. There is practically no ancient culture that did not worship this type of deity. ( The Myth of Mary, pp.74, 75)

As early as the twenty-fifth century B.C., people of your of the Chaldees in Sumeria worshiped a mother-goddess named Ishtar. Around the same time the Minoans of Crete had a mother-goddess portrayed with “her divine child Velchanos” in her arms. Later, the people of Cyprus revered a goddess who appeared to have been patterned after the Sumerian Ishtar and later adopted by the Greeks as Aphrodite, or Astarte.The Babylonians, who conquered Sumeria around the twenty-second century B.C., related their religious beliefs to the heavenly bodies. They regarded the planets as gods and goddesses and equated the planet Venus with the Sumerian mother-goddess Ishtar.The Babylonians worshiped Ishtar as “The Virgin,” “The Holy Virgin,” “The Virgin Mother,” “Goddess of Goddesses,” and “Queen of Heaven and Earth.” They exclaimed, “Ishtar is great! Ishtar is Queen! My Lady is exalted, my Lady is Queen…There is none like unto her.”

They called her “Shining light of heaven, light of the world, enlightener of all places where men dwell, who gatherest together the hosts of the nations”; and they claimed, “Where thou glancest, the dead come to life, and the sick rise and walk; the mind of the diseased is healed when it looks upon thy face.”

The pagan traditions were introduced by the RCC and reworked to give a Christian facade. . .but if you will be honest, you will admit that there is no single bible verse that supports the veneration and worship of Mary. Certainly you will not find it in any of the OT or NT writings, not even in the Apocrypha of which the RCC is fond. You would be hard-pressed to find anything of historical bible-based Christianity in some "Legion of Mary" meetings where you see these pagan elements come to the fore. In fact, I challenge you to show me how the bible justifies the worship of Mary.

The message of Christ is simple: that through the once and for all death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, God reconciled the world of sinners to himself.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by aletheia(m): 11:07am On Jun 02, 2011
Martian:

The only difference between the jesus "gospel" and the other myths is that the believers of the gospel have spread it through bloodshed, persecution, tourture, colonisation, slavery, indoctrination and never ending evangelism. It is also the most current one since the civilizations that believed in the other versions no longer exist.
^
As with most of your other comrades: you make sweeping statements that are indefensible in the light of history and logic. Again you show ignorance of history. A lot of those other myths were spread by bloodshed and conquest and required human sacrifice.

The message of Christ was never spread by bloodshed. There is light and there is darkness, but sometimes men mistake darkness for light.

. . .If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Nobody: 11:55am On Jun 02, 2011
@ Alethia.

The message of christ was never spread by bloodshed?

I guess the following was an order to peacefully propagate the gospel then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dum_Diversas

I used Martin Luther to show the schism in the church that led to the creation of thousands of different sects you christians have but you said I was  being ignorant of history like it didn't happen. I never said they were no true christians before luther, but the catholics were christian before after luther and no matter how much you try to distance yourselves from them they still believe in the same god/man you believe in whether they go through mary or not.
The catholic church incorporated pagan ideas, symbols, dates etc in order to enable pagans accept the new state religion. Like it or not, they are the original church. The first christians were jews who added the jesus character to Judaism and the roman catholic church was the first organized body of christianity. They chose the books to put in the bible, they created the doctrines and the rules. Trying to separate yourselves from them like they have some  beliefs that are drastically different than yours in just foolhardy. The cross, he halos, the fish, the various sysmbols and rites of christianity are pagan.

The more history you post, the more you show how your religion is just a plagiarization of other ancient sumerian/ babylonian/ greek mythology.  All you posted just further shows that Isis, Ishtar, Cybele and Mary are all the same mythical figure with different names.  Since the catholics worship mary (a myth) and since they are the ones that shaped your religion, maybe the son of mary that you worship is also a myth.

How is the catholic chrurch's mary differnt than your own mary?
aletheia:

^
Martin Luther, Hitler and Benedict are irrelevant to the discussion. You are just laying down rabbit trails. You make the mistake of thinking I 'll rush to defend the foibles of Luther. I do not regard Martin Luther more highly than he ought to be. I said you were ignorant of history because like a lot of those who claim to be Christians - Protestant & Catholic; you also have bought the lie that there were no true Christians before Luther. This is ironic because it reveals that despite your vigorous protestations your view of Christianity is influenced and even now is being molded by the RCC's corrupted version.

That there are parallels between the pagan Virgin Mother/Divine Child myths and the RCC's version of Mary is because they represent the same thing and have the same pagan sources.[/b]What is the leit-motif of these myths?
[b]The pagan traditions were introduced by the RCC and reworked to give a Christian facade.
. .but if you will be honest, you will admit that there is no single bible verse that supports the veneration and worship of Mary. Certainly you will not find it in any of the OT or NT writings, not even in the Apocrypha of which the RCC is fond. You would be hard-pressed to find anything of historical bible-based Christianity in some "Legion of Mary" meetings where you see these pagan elements come to the fore. In fact, I challenge you to show me how the bible justifies the worship of Mary.

The message of Christ is simple: that through the once and for all death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, God reconciled the world of sinners to himself.

Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.

aletheia:

^
As with most of your other comrades: you make sweeping statements that are indefensible in the light of history and logic. Again you show ignorance of history. A lot of those other myths were spread by bloodshed and conquest and required human sacrifice.

The message of Christ was never spread by bloodshed. There is light and there is darkness, but sometimes men mistake darkness for light.

. . .If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

A christian talking about history and logic. On what grounds? Biblical? I guess the jews have found evidence of their 40 years of wandering in the wilderness. Or maybe the Tower of babel story is a historical narrative about the evolution of languages.

A lot of other myths where spread by bloodshed but not christianity. lmao What other my religion ws spread by bloodshed and violence cloaked as piety apart from the Abrahamic ones and the ancient people in the americas whose gods loved human blood. Primitive concepts by primitive people.

Virgin mother/ god child in whatever version or religion will remain a myth whether you belive yours to be based in reality or not.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Sweetnecta: 12:10pm On Jun 02, 2011
[Quote]As with most of your other comrades: you make sweeping statements that are indefensible in the light of history and logic. Again you show ignorance of history. A lot of those other myths were spread by bloodshed and conquest and required human sacrifice.

. . .If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness![/Quote]history and logic could mire [hide, completely be different] from the Truth. how could one know the Truth? The Truth is from God, Alone and no one else. if Mose killed because told him to, the was the Truth [a reality that must not be questioned; we hear, we obey you God].

the second bold; bloodshed and conquest and required human sacrifice is the hallmark of christianity. let me add deceit, because evangelizing or crusade disguised as charitable effort is still going on as we speak. there is jesus sweet candy versus the sour one dubbed Muhammad in Sudan and other places. in the 1990s, mere 16 years ago, european muslims were slaughtered like pigs before easter weekend, or turkeys before thanksgiving day.

the supposed death of jesus is 50% of what christianity stands on and spreads by. the supposed death included for sure bloodshed and human sacrifice. colonization is definitely responsible for the spreading of christianity among the third world people, the non europeans. there was the bible in one hand and the gun in the other. crusade is bloodshed and the knights of the templer and other christian cults are still on crusade today. former president bush called the war in afghanistan 'crusade', even on a toutube video. we know what iraqi war is, too.

and the Light of God is often mistaken as darkness when it begins out to shine, until death takes over man, and the reality is known. but the Light of God can never be extinguished. it is perfected and it will glow and radiate farther and further in time. dying as a disbeliever has dire consequence.

[Quote]Ὁ Λόγος πλήρης χάριτος καὶ ἀληθείας[/Quote]All Praises belong to Allah, Who revealed Taurah on Moses, not by moses or history of moses and definitely not in greek language. this revelation of Taurah to Moses is a proof that the same language or something from the same family of languages [semitic language] was definitely what Injil is revealed on Jesus son of Mary. what is the purpose except deceit to understand what came in wollof language by reading it in akan language?
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by aletheia(m): 12:33pm On Jun 02, 2011
@Martian

You only illustrate and reinforce my point. smiley
aletheia:

This is ironic because it reveals that despite your vigorous protestations your view of Christianity is influenced and even now is being molded by the RCC's corrupted version.

Martian:

@ Alethia.

The message of christ was never spread by bloodshed?

I guess the following was an order to peacefully propagate the gospel then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dum_Diversas
^
I find this amusing. You provide as proof the RCC's Dum Diversas of 1452? Haven't you being paying attention? The RCC's pagan traditions is not the message of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. That there are other gospels and other "Christs" is not in doubt. Like I said men will mistake darkness for light. I reiterate my challenge to you: show me how the bible justifies and supports the worship of Mary.

Martian:

Like it or not, they are the original church.
^
That is the RCC's claim, which is not borne out by history's evidence. You really amuse me because you are somewhat unaware of the origins of your perceptions about the Christian Faith. Once again you reinforce and illustrate my point:
aletheia:

This is ironic because it reveals that despite your vigorous protestations your view of Christianity is influenced and even now is being molded by the RCC's corrupted version.

Martian:

The cross, he halos, the fish, the various sysmbols and rites of christianity are pagan.
^
All RCC pagan symbols. Show me the bible verses that make these acceptable representations of the truth of Jesus Christ.

Martian:

The more history you post, the more you show how your religion is just a plagiarization of other ancient sumerian/ babylonian/ greek mythology.  All you posted just further shows that Isis, Ishtar, Cybele and Mary are all the same mythical figure with different names.  Since the catholics worship mary (a myth) and since they are the ones that shaped your religion, maybe the son of mary that you worship is also a myth.

^
Repeating your claims ad nauseam ad infinitum doesn't make them true. The Mary Catholics worship is yet another iteration of Ishtar etc. The church of Acts did not worship Mary, neither has any true Christian from AD33 to AD2011. I agree with you that Catholics have shaped your perception of the message of Christ. More's the pity.

Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light

Martian:

How is the catholic chrurch's mary differnt than your own mary?
^
For starters see preceding paragraph.

Martian:

A lot of other myths where spread by bloodshed but not christianity. lmao What other my religion ws spread by bloodshed and violence cloaked as piety apart from the Abrahamic ones and the ancient people in the americas whose gods loved human blood.
^
I see you 've beat a hasty retreat from your previous general statement. You have now included Islam, Judaism, and the pre-Spanish civilizations of Mesoamerica. Your research is still incomplete. . .cast your nets wider; you will still find even more ancient religions spread by bloodshed and conquest even your supposedly enlightened Greeks.

In order to even begin to understand what it means to be a follower of Christ; you must first disentangle yourself from your Roman Catholic perceptions. Most of what you perceive to be Christian (even today) is not. They are pagan and therein lies your confusion and misapprehension.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by aletheia(m): 12:40pm On Jun 02, 2011
Sweetnecta:

the second bold; bloodshed and conquest and required human sacrifice is the hallmark of christianity. let me add deceit, because evangelizing or crusade disguised as charitable effort is still going on as we speak. there is jesus sweet candy versus the sour one dubbed Muhammad in Sudan and other places. in the 1990s, mere 16 years ago, european muslims were slaughtered like pigs before easter weekend, or turkeys before thanksgiving day.
^
Usual Muslim paranoia speaking. You mean Islam don't you?

Sweetnecta:

All Praises belong to Allah, Who revealed Taurah on Moses, not by moses or history of moses and definitely not in greek language. this revelation of Taurah to Moses is a proof that the same language or something from the same family of languages [semitic language] was definitely what Injil is revealed on Jesus son of Mary. what is the purpose except deceit to understand what came in wollof language by reading it in akan language?
^
Ὁ Λόγος πλήρης χάριτος καὶ ἀληθείας

What a hypocrite you are! What is it to you what language I choose to honor God in? This from you an adherent of a god who can only understand prayers in Arabic. What rich irony!

P.S. Google can translate the phrase for you. I know what drives you: fear of that which you do not understand.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Sweetnecta: 1:02pm On Jun 02, 2011
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ shake head and pity the ignorance of the ignorant.

is christianity even now being spread by the GUN? lets ask american GIs in Aghanistan and Iraq, etc.

while Martian has supplied the website above to disprove the shameless liar, the christian missionary atrocities, and christian bibles in pashtum in Afghanistan and in Iraq, the Jesus killed Muhammad and soldiers for christ and the arabic bibles all of them memorialized in youtube videos, plus the sweet candy of jesus versus the sour candy named Muhammad [AS] are pointing to the 'bloodshed' under christianity. the old chec republic crumbled with the blood of Muslims on the order of a christian warlord.

since i do not speak greek, and definitely no revelation of God came to Moses and or Jesus and definitely David in greek language, why should i tell the story of Igbo people to igbo people in Ashante language? does it make any sense? this is what is wrong to use greek to explain away what God permitted Jesus.

Allahumma laa salah ila ma ja attahu salah. wa anta tajaja alu azma ila shitta salah. iwo Olorun Oba ni kon ni Onimo. fi mo mo mi. i could say either in my salah,or outside salah supplication and the Singularly Unique One will hear and understand me, even when other muslims and non muslims all over the world are taling in the varied languages for different reasons at the same time. my Lord God knows everything in the future and capable of all things. He is no powerless at anytime; unlike the god [Jesus and the Ghost] who are depending on God.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by aletheia(m): 1:07pm On Jun 02, 2011
Sweetnecta:

is christianity even now being spread by the GUN? lets ask american GIs in Aghanistan and Iraq, etc.
^
Usual Muslim paranoia. So Arabs and Afghans are being forced at the point of the gun to go to church by American GIs? Convert to Christianity or else?

I don't have your time.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jun 02, 2011
@Sweetnecta

Dear sir, you have a totally distorted understanding regarding what is and what is not the genuine faith called Christianity.

I am a bit tied up now with work, but sometime later this evening or tomorrow ( time permitting ) , I will provide you with a logical step by step explanation on the evolution of the present day monster church which was mothered by the catholic church and initiated by Emperor Constantine.

But the real church is alive and well and growing stronger and stronger. You will hardly hear their voices, because they are non-political, not of this world but wholly dedicated to the one and true GOD.

And by the way I will also explain what the catholic church and Islam have in common, both worshipping Mary and praying with beads for example. Or we could perhaps also add the Catholics bowing down before the image of the popes and Rome , while Muslims bow before the black stone in Mecca.

In other words they are both religions of works and void of the presence of the Spirit of GOD.

Thanks,
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by aletheia(m): 3:08pm On Jun 02, 2011
^
Sweetnecta is not a 'sis'. He 's a middle-aged Muslim man with children. There's nothing you will tell him that he has not heard before now. Your time will be better spent praying that God opens his eyes. Regards.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 02, 2011
aletheia:

^
Sweetnecta is not a 'sis'. He 's a middle-aged Muslim man with children. There's nothing you will tell him that he has not heard before now. Your time will be better spent praying that God opens his eyes. Regards.

ah , okay thanks Bro, modified accordingly.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 02, 2011
aletheia:

@Martian

You only illustrate and reinforce my point. smiley^
I find this amusing. You provide as proof the RCC's Dum Diversas of 1452? Haven't you being paying attention? The RCC's pagan traditions is not the message of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. That there are other gospels and other "Christs" is not in doubt. Like I said men will mistake darkness for light. I reiterate my challenge to you: show me how the bible justifies and supports the worship of Mary.
^
That is the RCC's claim, which is not borne out by history's evidence. You really amuse me because you are somewhat unaware of the origins of your perceptions about the Christian Faith. Once again you reinforce and illustrate my point:^
All RCC pagan symbols. Show me the bible verses that make these acceptable representations of the truth of Jesus Christ.

^
Repeating your claims ad nauseam ad infinitum doesn't make them true. The Mary Catholics worship is yet another iteration of Ishtar etc. The church of Acts did not worship Mary, neither has any true Christian from AD33 to AD2011. I agree with you that Catholics have shaped your perception of the message of Christ. More's the pity.

Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light
^
For starters see preceding paragraph.
^
I see you 've beat a hasty retreat from your previous general statement. You have now included Islam, Judaism, and the pre-Spanish civilizations of Mesoamerica. Your research is still incomplete. . .cast your nets wider; you will still find even more ancient religions spread by bloodshed and conquest even your supposedly enlightened Greeks.

In order to even begin to understand what it means to be a follower of Christ; you must first disentangle yourself from your Roman Catholic perceptions. Most of what you perceive to be Christian (even today) is not. They are pagan and therein lies your confusion and misapprehension.

Follower of Christ? Lmao, I have to be willfully ignorant to think that 6000 thousand years ago a mud man, a rib woman and a talking snake brought something called sin to the world.then approximately 2000 years ago the Jewish diety called yahweh impregnated a virgin who gave birth to a half god half man hybrid. The the half god guy got sacrificed for me so something inside me called a soul can live for ever in a magical kingdom called heaven.  grin I also believe that a god used to ride around the garden on a scooter.

It doesn't matter what it says in the bible because it can be interpreted to mean anything the person reading it wants it to mean. I am not aware of anythinabout the worship of Mary in the bible but to justify anything they do all the catholic church has to do is quote the passage about Jesus saying "on this Rock, I shall build my church" in reference to Peter who they claim was the first pope. Since this is "his church", their religious doctrine is the original and if you're not worshiping Mary maybe you're the one doing it wrong.

I'm going to stop now because going on about Mary, Jesus, virgin, god child just reinforces your view that you have sound historical ground to stand on concerning the origin of your faith. Read about Zoroaster and his own virgin birth story, the struggle between good and evil and the other type of beliefs you take as historical facts. Its another myth that predates your on yet look exactly like yours except the Persians and not the Jews were the special people.

Ancient supernatural stories you don't believe in are called myths, the one you make an exception for is your religion.

So their pagan symbolism and Mary worship are just as valid your Jesus worship.
Besides the first proselytizing Christians were said to be pagans in their day. grin
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by aletheia(m): 7:34pm On Jun 02, 2011
^
This extended rant of yours proves not a single one of your assertions. Your argument is best summarized thus: The RCC is the original church therefore whatever version of Christianity it practices is the True Christianity.
aletheia:

Such then is the insidious influence and power of the RCC; that even in your railings against the true gospel of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, you have believed her lying claim to primacy. . .but then since you are already under the delusion of atheism, what is one more lie to you?

Martian:

It doesn't matter what it says in the bible because it can be interpreted to mean anything the person reading it wants it to mean.
On the contrary; it does matter. And of course it can be interpreted to mean anything you wish it to mean. . .the only problem is that your interpretation is wrong. As it is written:
2Pet 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
2Pet 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

Martian:

I am not aware of anythinabout the worship of Mary in the bible but to justify anything they do. . .
And yet the Bible is the basis and the grundnorm and the foundation of the Christian faith. If you cannot find the basis for Mariolatry in its pages how then do you think you have the standing to claim that worship of Mary is Christian. Clearly then you are ignorant about that which you argue against and your time will be better served by studying the Bible.

Martian:

all the catholic church has to do is quote the passage about Jesus saying "on this Rock, I shall build my church" in reference to Peter who they claim was the first pope. Since this is "his church", their religious doctrine is the original and if you're not worshiping Mary maybe you're the one doing it wrong.
^
You have answered yourself here:
Martian:

It doesn't matter what it says in the bible because it can be interpreted to mean anything the person reading it wants it to mean.
^
Both you and the RCC have the mindset that the Bible does not matter.

Martian:

I'm going to stop now because going on about Mary, Jesus, virgin, god child just reinforces your view that you have sound historical ground to stand on concerning the origin of your faith. Read about Zoroaster and his own virgin birth story, the struggle between good and evil and the other type of beliefs you take as historical facts. Its another myth that predates your on yet look exactly like yours except the Persians and not the Jews were the special people.
^
Please do stop as you clearly don't know what you talking about. You are one of those pseudo-intellectual wannabe atheists whose attraction to your creed is because it feeds your supposed sense of intellectual enlightenment. On Zoroaster; you are just regurgitating the usual lies that your sort peddle. The central text of Zoroastrianism the Avesta makes no such claim on behalf of it's prophet. Rather it clearly alludes to conjugal relations between his parents. Save such false claims for other ignorant atheists.

Martian:

Besides the first proselytizing Christians were said to be pagans in their day. grin
^
It is exactly just such faux-pas on your part that betrays your ignorance of history. Who exactly referred to the first Christians as "pagans". They were called many names but pagan was not one of them.

In the early Roman Empire, "paganus" came to mean "civilian" as opposed to "military." Christians at the time often called themselves "miles Christi" (Soldiers of Christ). The non-Christians became "pagani" -- non-soldiers or civilians. No denigration would be implied.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Sweetnecta: 7:39pm On Jun 02, 2011
[Quote]« #42 on: Today at 01:11:38 PM »

@Sweetnecta

Dear sir, you have a totally distorted understanding regarding what is and what is not the genuine faith called Christianity.

I am a bit tied up now with work, but sometime later this evening or tomorrow ( time permitting ) , I will provide you with a logical step by step explanation on the evolution of the present day monster church which was mothered by the catholic church and initiated by Emperor Constantine.

But the real church is alive and well and growing stronger and stronger. You will hardly hear their voices, because they are non-political, not of this world but wholly dedicated to the one and true GOD.[/Quote]i will like to read where Jesus who is following the way of Moses, etc, suddenly brought up 'CHURCH' instead of temple.

[Quote]And by the way I will also explain what the catholic church and Islam have in common, both worshiping Mary and praying with beads for example. Or we could perhaps also add the Catholics bowing down before the image of the popes and Rome , while Muslims bow before the black stone in Mecca.[/Quote]i will love to read where islam is common with catholic sect, considering that Islam place Jesus [as] and his mother Mary as people; prophet to children of israel and a righteous woman, while catholic venerate, pray to Mary to get from Jesus, who actually depended on God Almighty. by the way all christians, catholic or not depend on Jesus in one form or the other. islam is far from catholicism, while protestants and other christian orthodoxies are her sisters and brothers. the claim that christians and jews are from Abraham is false, for Ibrahim was not a Jew or a Christian but a true believer in One God, submitting his will, bowing in Islam. i have not used beads in so many years that i only learnt about it on nairaland. i wonder if Muhammad [as] and his companions, males and females [ra] used beads? whoever brings new thing [innovation] to this way [Islam], said Muhammad [as], is not from us. while catholic says a different thing on a different bead in the strand of beads, muslims use the tesbir [praise] to count how many of a word he has said. big different, and i use my fingers in this case.

do muslim bow to a black stone? no. the word qibla simply means direction. the kaaba is just the mark of that direction, while it is in the Haraam mosque. when a muslim is not in that vicinity, when he prays, and bow he or she must, where is the black stone he/she is bowing to? by the way black stone is just a small piece in the empty structure that people enter and pray inside it, while prayers are offered outside, too. i do not think about the black stone when i am making my prayers. i simply visualize the structure as a direction that i have been commanded by The Loving to face. then imagine Him before me, for i am sincerely presenting myself before Him and i know He sees me while i don't see Him. back stone, black building are nothing to us if Allah did not command u that they are somethings as mark of our direction. we stand on the building to make call of prayers, to wash it as in spring cleaning, painting it, repairing it, spreading cloth to cover it. you worship Jesus. do you stand on him, repair him? maybe you stand on him and repair him since he has no power of his own, except what you force us to accept of 'fake power' you heap on him. read your bible, again. you will know that his power is equal to that of Moses, zero, each being supported from Angel Gabriel as God permitted.

[Quote]In other words they are both religions of works and void of the presence of the Spirit of GOD.[/Quote]when did Jesus cancel out work from protestants which is an offshoot from catholic, never mind the orthodox sects that have been in existence before, while all of these sects are still in the working group along with blind faith? can blind faith which by its nature is contrary to reality serve as a thing to hang your hat on? reality; God is Uniquely One in all Qualities. He is Invisible, Indivisible, All Knowing, Independent, just to name a few. when you make Jesus God, just at the same time Ghost is and Yahweh is, you do not have Uniquely One any longer, except that one or more of them are not Uniquely One. we therefore see that Jesus is not independent, not all knowing, not invisible, an offshoot from a mere woman, Mary. you can fool yourself and others, you cant fool all of us. that's the reality.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Sweetnecta: 7:58pm On Jun 02, 2011
i am a man and what middle age means to you may be different from what it means to somebody else. having children and or becoming a grandparent is not an indicator of being old; some people have children as young as 13. imagine if this is the family norm. a 40 year old will be great grand parent.

and when your conqueror has a gun in his hand, and had just raped a young woman and destroyed her and her family in the other section of the same town, i wonder what you expect to do when he offers you his bible? and last night, he forced his way into your neighbors house, rubbed himself against the wife in front of her husband, you know he will kill you if you say to him 'hey GI, you want me to worship a man who used to cry to God as i do, even now?'
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by aletheia(m): 8:19pm On Jun 02, 2011
Sweetnecta:

i am a man and what middle age means to you may be different from what it means to somebody else.
^Please stop being paranoid. You once told me that your age is in the region of the 50s - 60s. That makes you middle-aged.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Sweetnecta: 9:08pm On Jun 02, 2011
^^^^^^^^ for you, it is middle age, considering how badly you are aging.

God knows my age.

from he knowledge He gave, then my parents, my elders in the family, then from what they told me with evidence.

that belief, which we have asked christians to produce for Trinity, identity and name of the ghost as they can give a Name and Identity to Yahweh as example. we ask them to give irrefutable evidence to back up their claims for jesus, son of mary, then for the ghost.

we are waiting, all over the world for 1400 years and counting more years. they resorted to greek, abandoning the semitic language revelation 'injil' must have came to jesus.

is this not the work of a snake oil traveling salesman like circus entertainers?
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by aletheia(m): 12:07am On Jun 03, 2011
^
Sorry. At 50 to 60+ years old, you are not middle-aged, you are a "prepubescent child". Has the delusion of your Arabic moon god hubal (a.k.a. allah) extended to you doubting your age now?
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Sweetnecta: 4:29am On Jun 03, 2011
^^^^^ hubal is now Allah?

you definitely have no shame.

and i am sure you are the only one in that quality in your tribe. nigerian tribes have better base than your baseless thinking.

and i am middle aged, and you don't know they respect people in that age, or where ever you now has evaporated any cultural sense in you?
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by aletheia(m): 6:02pm On Jun 03, 2011
^
Thank you for finally admitting your age. I wonder what your rigmarole was all about. Shalom aleichem.
Sweetnecta:

and i am middle aged
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by DRPYGRU: 11:02am On Dec 26, 2013
chukwudi44: mary !! Mary !! I commit myself unto your care.pls pray 4 me n present my intentions before ur son our Lord Jesus christ
smh
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Dnaz(m): 7:53am On Dec 28, 2013
frosbel: Thank GOD , I and many others like me have been delivered from this mother of all HARLOTS CHURCH.

Come out of this demonic infested CHURCH NOW before you receive God's curse on your life.
go and die
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by Zoest(m): 5:02pm On Dec 28, 2013
WHAT! I dnt tink I can tak anymor of diz,I av had enuf dez pipo.

I grew up wonderin y dez pipo bow n kneel down @ image wit recitatnz n uttrances in worship, I ws scared goin close 2 any1 of dem until afta a point,I had alwaz wondered if dey wer xtians as said, y dis rite? & y wuld it b dem alone? I later came 2 axep dem 4 I had so many if dem as childhood fwndz.

I fear 4 d religious minded in Christ!,bin religious minded blinz d face of conscience & infallibility.

I stil can bliv dat statement 2 d devotees!,yes DEVOTEES!!. Ex 20:3-6 indicts dis acts.

I tink he made an official statement dat y'all r of Isis d godess of d air, iz a knwn fact u ascribed all Isis's worship names 2 mary. We have duly bin informed of ur migratn out of xtianity 2 d DEVOTEES/CULT OF ISIS,iz finally complete.Njoy ur nu status!.
Re: Pope Declares: Being Catholic Meant Belonging To Mary! by peripso(m): 8:59pm On Dec 28, 2013
"If we have a box in which we keep our money, we know the one thing we must always give attention to is the key; we never think that the key is the money, but we know that without the key we cannot get into our money. The Mother of the Babe is like that key; without her we cannot get to Our Lord because He came through her. She is not to be compared to Our Lord, for she is a creature and He is the Creator. But without her we could not understand how the Bridge was built between heaven and earth.
As she formed Jesus in her body, so she forms Jesus in our souls. In this one Woman, virginity and motherhood are united, as if God willed to show that both are necessary for the world. Those things which are separated in other creatures are united in her. The Mother is the protector of the Virgin and the Virgin is also the inspiration of Motherhood." Archbishop Fulton Sheen

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Deadly Sins Christians Ignore Nowadays / And God So Loved The World, That He... / Before Christ Returns There is Going To Be Three Major Wars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.