Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,194 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) (34171 Views)

When Obasanjo Met Peter Obi Vs When Obasanjo Met Tinubu - Photos / Pyrates Confraternity Mock Tinubu (Photos, Video) / Oyingbo Market Traders Protest Against Folashade Tinubu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by OLAADEX(m): 8:39pm On Oct 10, 2021
*Tinubu reunites with associates, as Sanwo-Olu hosts APC leader*

*•Ex-Governor: ‘I’m hale, hearty and well’*

National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu takes his first outing since his return from the United Kingdom (UK) last Friday night.

Tinubu, on Sunday, reunited with his political associates and protégés at a welcome-back event and prayer hosted by Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu, at the State House in Marina.

At 2:45pm, the former Lagos State Governor was received by Sanwo-Olu in company of his Deputy, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat, and Chief of Staff, Mr. Tayo Ayinde.

The simple event was attended by all elected office holders and political appointees in Lagos, including the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, and Speaker of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Rt. Hon. Mudashiru Obasa.

Members of the State Executive Council, Governor’s Advisory Council (GAC) and council chairmen were also in attendance.

Sanwo-Olu said Tinubu’s return was more than cheery news for his supporters across the country, noting that the APC leader had been rejuvenated with renewed vigour for his next political move.

The Governor said: “We have countless reasons to be grateful to God for bringing Asiwaju back home, fully healed and rejuvenated. Since Friday when our leader and father came back, it has been joyful moments for teeming of residents of Lagos, his supporters and Nigerians across the country. We give glory to God who brought you (Tinubu) back with sound health and stronger vigour.

“On behalf of all political office holders, party leaders and faithful, we welcome our leader back and we give praises to God on his behalf that the intention of evil-minded people who spread malicious rumour against our leader did not materialise. This event shows Asiwaju is healthy and possesses more energy to embark on his next move in politics.”

Tinubu, who clad in dark grey kaftan and blue cap to match, said he was highly elated to return after his three-month absence from the country.

The APC National Leader said the prayer event was an emotional one for him, saying he was overwhelmed by good wishes from Nigerians while he was away. He said took all prayers as valuable compliments.

Tinubu said: “I’m a little emotional now but I’m happy. God is the giver of life and the only one who can take life. And he (God) says, if I grant you power and the privilege in this life; I am the only one who can take it from you if you don’t use in the way and manner that promote humanity. God can give power to anyone he wills.

“It is the same God that has spared us till today and given us the privilege. I give glory to God, because I’m standing before you hale, hearty and well. Today is a day of joy for me, having fixed today for this great event. We are here giving praises to God. May God bless all you in attendance. I am grateful. I cannot say more than that today. Thank you all.”

Dr. Hamzat said Tinubu’s return deepened his associates’ belief in God, stressing that the APC National Leader’s full recovery from the knee surgery was a sign of strength and favour from God.

“Now that Asiwaju is back, we are ready for work. The work has started and we are committed to doing it,” the Deputy Governor said.

Gbajabiamila, who spoke on behalf of the National Assembly members, described Tinubu as “an eagle”, who is focused and always ahead of the game.

The Speaker wondered why a “simple knee surgery” became a national issue, but the solidarity shown towards Tinubu across ethnic divides indicated the APC National Leader is an enigma.

Obasa called Tinubu a teacher and benefactor, saying his return had put malicious rumour against him to rest.

Chairman of Conference 57, who spoke on behalf of the council chairmen, said members of the Conference were ready to join Tinubu is his next political move.

Others who spoke glowingly about the APC National Leader included the lawmaker representing the Lagos West in the Senate, Sen. Olamilekan Adeola, and GAC chairman, Prince Tajudeen Olusi.

Prayers were offered for Tinubu by Muslim and Christian clerics, while party leaders at the event took turns to welcome him back home.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by Olaoluwa112(m): 8:41pm On Oct 10, 2021
Imagine moving from Buhari to Tinubu, I'm pretty sure God is tired of this country self.

Opolo eyes no be open eyes.

210 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 10, 2021
If we are to go by Tinubu body language, he wants to contest in the presidential election in 2023.

This should be an end to the talk by some people, asking him to back Osinbanjo.

Osinbanjo can contest in the primary election alongside other interested candidates like Tinubu... May the best man win.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by MuchAdo: 8:43pm On Oct 10, 2021
Welcome.
Osinbajo is the man.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by longetivity(m): 8:44pm On Oct 10, 2021
Why are children from one particular region so obsessed with Tinubu

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by NwaNimo1(m): 8:44pm On Oct 10, 2021
FFK in atten-dance.....?

[img]https://i./4Zo0.gif[/img]

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by MuchAdo: 8:45pm On Oct 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
If we are to go by Tinubu body language, he wants to contest in the presidential election in 2023.

This should be an end to the talk by some people, asking him to back Osinbanjo.

Osinbanjo can contest in the primary election alongside other interested candidates like Tinubu... May the best man win.

It will be disastrous for SW to have 2 bigwigs at the APC primaries. That is what the north wants.
Tinubu should step down for Osinbajo... smiley

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by OLAADEX(m): 8:47pm On Oct 10, 2021
longetivity:
Why are children from one particular region so obsessed with Tinubu

You mean children from the erosion ravaged region?
It's because they don't have someone like him.

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by longetivity(m): 8:48pm On Oct 10, 2021
OLAADEX:

You mean children from the erosion ravaged region?
It's because they don't have someone like him.

grin

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by Baawaa(m): 8:48pm On Oct 10, 2021
Tinubu is back,where are the haters

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by Optimistguy1969: 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
Na una Sabi.
The old man go still go back go continue the treatment, because HE NEVER WELL

7 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by OLAADEX(m): 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
More photos

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 10, 2021
MuchAdo:

It will be disastrous for SW to have 2 bigwigs at the APC primaries. That is what the north wants.
Tinubu should step down for Osinbajo... smiley
Go and write it down somewhere, Osinbanjo won't have up to 10% of Tinubu votes in the primary election if he contest against Tinubu.

Tinubu have far more loyalist in the APC. No man in the APC can defeat him in the primary election.

70 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 10, 2021
I don't understand where the hatred is coming from. What's bad in having an honest opinion over a leader? People from south east come to south west for businesses and jobs and they haven't been a concern to anyone.

This Lagos you're all fighting about, is Lagos a city? Look at world class cities compared to Lagos is like comparing heaven with hell fire. Let everyone live his/her life peacefully.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by MuchAdo: 8:52pm On Oct 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Go and write it down somewhere, Osinbanjo won't have up to 10% of Tinubu votes in the primary election if he contest against Tinubu.

Tinubu have far more loyalist in the APC. No man in the APC can defeat him in the primary election.

Buhari prefers Osinbajo and he will tell his loyalists to work for him.

Except Buhari decides to be mischievous by tactically allowing Tinubu and Osinbajo to cancel each other out so that a northerner can emerge.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by seunmsg(m): 8:54pm On Oct 10, 2021
Welcome back our leader. We wish you well as we approach 2023. May the will of God be done.

48 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by BeeBeeOoh(m): 8:54pm On Oct 10, 2021
The way people canvases and campaign for this Tinubu of a man to be Nigeria's president amazes me at times.

Tinubu is good, Tinubu is a presidential material, Tinubu is this, Tinubu is that.

If he is that good why couldn't he build a world class hospital in Lagos state to be treated there when he falls sick than going to a hospital in UK to get his treatment?

14 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 10, 2021
MuchAdo:

Buhari prefers Osinbajo and he will tell his loyalists to work for him.

Except Buhari decides to be mischievous by tactically allowing Tinubu and Osinbajo to cancel each other out so that a northerner can emerge.
Lol

Are you an APC member or what? Abi you get insider for APC who tell you this? undecided

Go write today's date and time down.

No candidate can defeat Tinubu in the primary election in APC.

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 10, 2021
BeeBeeOoh:
The way people canvases and campaign for this Tinubu of a man to be Nigeria's president amazes me at times.

If only you lived in Lagos in the 90's before Tinubu became the Governor of Lagos State. Lagos State was underdevelop, dirty, unsafe, low IGR etc

Or you fit list any Governor wey build a world class hospital for them state between 1999 and 2007?

In fact, how many state government all over Nigeria don build a world class hospital, or did the PDP build a world class hospital in Abuja or any part of the country during their time in Abuja?

I hope you won't be telling me Nigerians should vote for any other candidate apart from the flag bearers of the APC and PDP in 2023 grin

Only a dull person will believe the APC and PDP will lose the presidential election in 2023.

Unless we scatter our democracy before the presidential election in 2023 sha.

Oya who is your candidate?

BAT 2023

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by MuchAdo: 8:56pm On Oct 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
Lol

Are you an APC member or what? Abi you get insider for APC who tell you this? undecided

Go write today's date and time down.

No candidate can defeat Tinubu in the primary election in APC.

Tinubu's popularity begins and ends in Lagos. Don't get it twisted!

Osinbajo's stint in acting presidency made him popular across the country.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 10, 2021
MuchAdo:

Tinubu's popularity begins and ends in Lagos. Don't get it twisted!

Osinbajo's stint in acting presidency made him popular across the country.

If his popularity starts and ends in Lagos State, how is he able to make sure the APC presidential primary election was held in Lagos in 2014? And how did the candidate(GMB) he supported during the primary election win the primary election?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by longetivity(m): 9:05pm On Oct 10, 2021
Ipob yuth and their obsession with Tinubu, see as dem don carry this thread enter trending posts grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by MuchAdo: 9:05pm On Oct 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
If his popularity starts and ends in Lagos State, how is he able to make sure the APC presidential primary election was held in Lagos in 2014? And how did the candidate(GMB) he supported during the primary election win the primary election?

All that ended on May 29, 2015. Since then, he has been cut to size. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by jneutron4000: 9:07pm On Oct 10, 2021
Olaoluwa112:
Imagine moving from Buhari to Tinubu, I'm pretty sure God is tired of this country self.

Opolo eyes no be open eyes.
Tinubu's is a brilliant man and his political ideology transformed Lagos state so you can't compare him with Buhari

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by jneutron4000: 9:08pm On Oct 10, 2021
God bless you Tinubu, the man that has built greater leaders

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 10, 2021
MuchAdo:

All that ended on May 29, 2015. Since then, he has been cut to size. embarassed
You must be mistaken the BAT for Peter Obi grin

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/10/05/why-i-called-tinubu-mr-president-rep-lado-suleja-explains-viral-video/?amp=1

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by Asgard73: 9:15pm On Oct 10, 2021
cheesy
President of Yoruba people ..

After all Yoruba said Abiola win Tofa for Kano.. cheesy

Tinubu must contest... no excuses ... thank God he’s back.. god of Yoruba people ..

No twist no stories.. infact Apc must give Tinubu or Yoruba man ticket .. is a Must!

I heard he has 40 million votes already..

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by MuchAdo: 9:41pm On Oct 10, 2021
DubaiLandLord2:
You must be mistaken the BAT for Peter Obi grin

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/10/05/why-i-called-tinubu-mr-president-rep-lado-suleja-explains-viral-video/?amp=1

Reps Come on, legislators are removed at will by their respective governors. Legislators are of little value in politics.

Tinubu must be a joker to be banking on legislators.
Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by SweetiliciousD: 10:04pm On Oct 10, 2021
One chance

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Government Organised Welcome Party For Asiwaju Bola Tinubu (photos) by Simplythebest: 10:51pm On Oct 10, 2021
My question is that didn't Tinubu be on 14 days or 7 days isolation before coming out juat asking. Or no Covid-19 protocol again in Lagos state

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Guber Tribunal Judgement: We’ve Been Vindicated – Rivers APC / Buhari To Reduce His 10 Presidential Jets – Presidency / Ambode Converts Mobil And Oando Filling Stations To Bus Terminal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.