Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,486 members, 7,823,131 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! (49673 Views)

My Dad's Elder Sister's Son's Child Is My What.. Answers Please. / Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri / Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Oduduwa707: 11:58am On Oct 12, 2021
AdedoyinO:

Oto ọrọ koro, ko ni ki a ma sọ oun. Truth is bitter I know. You should apologize to the man for misquoting and insulting him without fault.

You are not a better Nigerian yourself, you are very typical. You are just who you are. Next time calm down and read threads with open mind not with your bad belle looking for faults upandan.

OK, I hear you, ma. cool

But again, Madam... e ko ni opolo ooo, I swear! angry

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by 0m0nnakoda: 11:58am On Oct 12, 2021
spymaster:
That's great. Without being modest, my 3 year old daughter already knows the first 20 elements, Theory of relativity, S.I Unit measurements of speed, acceleration, force, pressure, current, resistance and temperature, rivers and mountains as well as interest in geography and astronomy. The key is teaching them when young. The brain of a little child can absorb anything. You just need to put things there whether it is Naira Marley lyrics or science or maths you want for your child. I teach her new things everyday while also making her remember what she learnt the previous day. Whenever I am driving her and her elder sister to school, we do a recap of everything. Now they find it enjoyable and are making me proud.
Those things are just a waste of memory.
Teach the child how to relate to other human beings
Teach the child how to make people laugh
Teach the child how to recognize a scam
Teach the child as many languages as they can learn
I will be more impressed with a 3 year old speaking 5 Nigerian languages than one that stuffs their head with useless "facts"

5 Likes

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by money121(m): 11:58am On Oct 12, 2021
daben1:
this your kind gesture has nothing to do with me, but I must pray for you, God bless you, where you take it from will never dry, once again, God bless you...
This is the kind of things I like to do, I would have loved to contribute/sowed to the success of this kid for the sake of my children, but joblessness(finished NYSC since 2019, no job)won't allow me, it's well embarassed embarassed cry cry
Iyanu masele

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by lilvicky68(m): 11:59am On Oct 12, 2021
OP I no know the help wey you need now oh..
You suppose dey rejoice you don hit jackpot..

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 12, 2021
What a genius!

Pls don't fall into the trap that most parent do thinking they need a lot of money to 'train' their kids and they wait forever till they get that money.

Evidently, you and your wife's efforts and intelligence are paying of on her! Kudos!

You have a lot of materials on the internet you can sieve from to hone her natural skills! A lot!

And just your data could give her all the extra education she needs in addition to the school she already attends.

Then books, books, books! The role of books in the mental development of children cannot be over emphasized. Please buy her books!

Above all, i hope you give her all the love and affirmations she needs! Cos they'll go a long way to boost her confidence!

I'd love to hear her story again.

Well done!

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by AutoChick4U(f): 12:00pm On Oct 12, 2021
Mamayam:

I thought GoKoyer0 asked you to send a dm, that he will give you some cash?
Yes, a token.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Mamayam: 12:02pm On Oct 12, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Yes, a token.
OS
So why still asking for help?

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Ayiba0911: 12:03pm On Oct 12, 2021
ntrukpum:
Hello friends, my daughter is very far ahead of her peers (class mates and outsiders) academically and otherwise. She started school when she was 2yrs. 3wks in school she had already knw how to write 1 to 10, A to F (I mean write not just to read).

Now she is 3yrs and she does things extraordinary. She can write 1 to 200, Aa to Zz without anybody assistance. She does her H/W alone, can read and spell two letter words. She sings a lot. I wanted her to play at least one musical instrument b4 she turns 5.

Two yrs ago, I had this vision of grooming "exceptionally intelligent" kids btw 9-12yrs to study outside their normal school curriculum. I mean a 9yr old kid in JS1 answering physics and advance maths question. Am still working on it. But my child is just 3yrs old and i am begining to be afraid. Married with two kids, an average of 30k monthly income as a private school teacher, I think, I lack the financial resources to push my daughter to where she deserves.

I need proper advice on how to guide her now.

My Daughter started reading before clocking 3, she's currently in primary 6 and just turned 8yrs. She'll be JSS1 before 9yrs.
She has been solving linear equations since early last year. A month ago, I picked my kids from school and decided to test them on probability on our way home. She got the answer within split seconds.
I think, there's something different with the next generation that will turn things around for Africa. There are too many sharp brains emerging from over here.

5 Likes

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by peeps4u: 12:06pm On Oct 12, 2021
Acidosis:

So what do you want him to do since wishes won't change anything either? Settle for 30k or turn the daughter to investment?

The most viable way to help his daughter is by helping himself.

Obviously not by going back to school with 30k earning and not after having first degree in elect.

He's aware of his financial status already, something more realistic like a job opportunity or any money making idea you have for him would be a better advice.

Reminding him of his financial status without offering to help when he already stated that doesn't help but even hurts.

BTW, I'm not attacking you, it is just that we are sometimes fond of reminding people their statuses which already hurt them without proferring any workable solution or help to alleviate their problems

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by melodyogonna(m): 12:08pm On Oct 12, 2021
ntrukpum:
Hello friends, my daughter is very far ahead of her peers (class mates and outsiders) academically and otherwise. She started school when she was 2yrs. 3wks in school she had already knw how to write 1 to 10, A to F (I mean write not just to read).

Now she is 3yrs and she does things extraordinary. She can write 1 to 200, Aa to Zz without anybody assistance. She does her H/W alone, can read and spell two letter words. She sings a lot. I wanted her to play at least one musical instrument b4 she turns 5.

Two yrs ago, I had this vision of grooming "exceptionally intelligent" kids btw 9-12yrs to study outside their normal school curriculum. I mean a 9yr old kid in JS1 answering physics and advance maths question. Am still working on it. But my child is just 3yrs old and i am begining to be afraid. Married with two kids, an average of 30k monthly income as a private school teacher, I think, I lack the financial resources to push my daughter to where she deserves.

How are you able to sustain a family with that salary? shocked

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Biggcake: 12:09pm On Oct 12, 2021
ntrukpum:

AMEN

Da eyen mfo ado owowan or awoden....

Mbok kom anye nnor eti eti...

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by EndBuhariNow(m): 12:09pm On Oct 12, 2021
By 2years I started using our National TV then to do some practice, by 4 I connect electric bulb from our flat to my mom shop downstairs.... all these doesn't make me supernatural or some sort of genius, ur child is not a genius but he has sharp brain to catch words easily, my elder brother started reading bible at the age of 2yrs
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by OutisComputers7: 12:11pm On Oct 12, 2021
Mamayam:
op, no worry, na initial gragra. She go mellow.
This country go humble anybody
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by OutisComputers7: 12:13pm On Oct 12, 2021
money121:

Almighty God will provide the money to take Good Care of Our Kids
But if you don't mind sir
I can assist with something for her Sch fees
Every term!
Just my part to contribute to her Success in Life
So you can Pm me let Discuss abt that sir!
Iyanu Masele God No go shame Us

*Update*

With my Little Support, So i decide to support the little Genius with 10k monthly Allowance for her Sch fees!
At least this will go A long way..
Wish her more knowledge and Understanding

Attached below payment for this Month!!
God bless You sir.. if you're type reach 10 9ja for better

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by ntrukpum(m): 12:13pm On Oct 12, 2021
BigDolph:

Audio money grin grin
na real video money.o

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by thehappyone: 12:16pm On Oct 12, 2021
HenryDion:

I was like her. Wait for my response.

Never you make the mistake of treating her differently just because she's a genius, or whatever it is you call her.

All you have to do is expose her to materials, especially on things that sparks her interest.

You didn't make any iota of sense.

Get her in a good school, and pay #100,000+ a term if that's what it takes.

At home, allow her to breath, and play with other kids. Don't deprive her of her childhood because she's brilliant.

Don't rely on her to be the one to bring your pathetic assess out from poverty.

Or build up a certain kind of expectation because she's, well, a genius.

Woe to any genius birthed by ignorant and poor folks.

It's always a tough journey for them..

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Nobody: 12:16pm On Oct 12, 2021
Mamayam:

Uno get joy grin

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by 77up(m): 12:18pm On Oct 12, 2021
This op is actually talking about my kid kiss
I honestly don't know how he knew many English we do speaks to him , he's below 2 now .
He understands English without any hands discrpetion grin
Once you do or say anything in front of him, that thing has been registered with him. He does things amazingly. When they call prayer, my kid will just pick tesbiy,come to me and drag my hand to let's go for prayer grin

These nowadays kids are just wonderful gift from God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Depressed101: 12:19pm On Oct 12, 2021
ntrukpum:

what she need is protection evil witches in African, geniuses are always their prey, that's why you see kids who used to be smart when they were small turn dumb when they grow, happened to my sister, she used to be very smart.

Protect her from evil students, teachers and jealous parents.. I don't know why I am even advising you on this..

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by flamingREED(m): 12:20pm On Oct 12, 2021
Better exploit every research you can in Google. I wonder why that wasn't your first option. BTW, avoid pride like a plague. Be humble and acknowledge that she's not yet arrived or the world will stifle that little light of hers. Remember the laws of power. Beware of unnecessary show offs online.
Research and explore every positive option.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by staga: 12:20pm On Oct 12, 2021
ntrukpum:

Nurture it. Let her learn languages and musical instruments.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by DaTma(f): 12:20pm On Oct 12, 2021
ntrukpum:

She is no genius only bright and smart to assimilate fast.

My 3years old son do all this and more. Writes to 500, read 3 syllables words unaided, thinks critically. I won’t call him a genius

My 8years old son loves numbers to bits, gives answers to maths problems in split seconds with his head, solves simple equation. He started off playing with an app called Math trick since he was 4. I would not call him a genius either

What I can say is most kids this days are generally smart because they are exposed to a lot of learning resources way early in life thanks to technology. Their inquisitive nature and high assimilation helps them gain knowledge

We should watch out for this bred of children…a good one for Africa in the not so far future

6 Likes

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Depressed101: 12:21pm On Oct 12, 2021
ntrukpum:

if I were you, I will homeschool her instead of going to a normal school, homeschool her and document her progress via video, share it on YouTube, help might come

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by AutoChick4U(f): 12:21pm On Oct 12, 2021
Mamayam:

OS

So why still asking for help?
How?
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by greenprince(m): 12:21pm On Oct 12, 2021
ntrukpum:
Thanks man!
yes, less stress, but jumping of class? no! I want her to go one step at a time. But i needed advise if it's proper to start teaching her things outside her scheme of Work, since she has already knew everything they are currently doing. Will i be pushing her to much? I had discussed with my wife to start teaching her addition and subtraction, and we've already prepared a timetable for that.

I'd advise you engage her in learning an instrument as you said. That thing crazily boosts both motor and cognitive ability.

See that she plays enough, not video games or electronic stuff too much but more of Lego or other toys. In the long run her ability to grasp concepts easily can make her lazy and when she enters uni for a tough major, she may not have the resilience to pull through.

Try to remind her that hard work is essential even as you tell her she's special. If she can combine both well, then there's no stopping her.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by MyAmericandream(f): 12:21pm On Oct 12, 2021
Mamayam:
Na only if her parent mellow. All she need is serious grooming.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Mustiboy(m): 12:22pm On Oct 12, 2021
spandola:
Can you send me a private message..If you are based in Lagos,let's see what we can do regarding getting you a better job since you studied electrical/electronics engineering.. I studied Computer engineering.
ntrukpum
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by fm7070: 12:22pm On Oct 12, 2021
@OP. You started your comment well, but the ending part is not palatable.
God blessed you with what money cannot buy, you are talking about 30k/month
Haven't you seen children going to big school but have a very dull brain?
What people with 3m/week are praying for and did not get
The gift of a man maketh way for him.
Develop the child more, do your bit and see the grace of God maximise your bit

I have an aunty whose salary was less than 20k, the husband earns like 30k. Total of 50k/month
Their first child is a medical doctor, second child is a lawyer. Simply because God gave them brain.
It was not easy for them, they were LAPO customer, but now, the story is different.
Be thankful, groom what God has given you.
Shalom

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by saydfact(m): 12:25pm On Oct 12, 2021
ntrukpum:

Hi, start by finding a second stream of income - and about the child, just let her live her normal life; don't start putting pressure on her or her brain because you think or it's obvious she's a smart kid.

afterall, she's not 9 yet

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by MyAmericandream(f): 12:26pm On Oct 12, 2021
EndBuhariNow:
By 2years I started using our National TV then to do some practice, by 4 I connect electric bulb from our flat to my mom shop downstairs.... all these doesn't make me supernatural or some sort of genius, ur child is not a genius but he has sharp brain to catch words easily, my elder brother started reading bible at the age of 2yrs
Then who’s a genius? Pls I need a clear definition for that word.
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Sunnybabe(m): 12:27pm On Oct 12, 2021
money121:

Almighty God will provide the money to take Good Care of Our Kids
But if you don't mind sir
I can assist with something for her Sch fees
Every term!
Just my part to contribute to her Success in Life
So you can Pm me let Discuss abt that sir!
Iyanu Masele God No go shame Us

*Update*

With my Little Support, So i decide to support the little Genius with 10k monthly Allowance for her Sch fees!
At least this will go A long way..
Wish her more knowledge and Understanding

Attached below payment for this Month!!
God bless u for this sir

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Child Molestation - I Was Molested Twice As A Kid / Disclaimer: Elohor Okudu Clarifies Herself On The N580k Bride Price Story / 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.