Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,591 members, 7,823,576 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! (49680 Views)

My Dad's Elder Sister's Son's Child Is My What.. Answers Please. / Female Child Is More Valuable Than Male Child – Reno Omokri / Help My Child Is 8 Months And Wife Is Pregnant Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by merits(m): 3:56pm On Oct 12, 2021
Shellsploit:
woow...
reminds me of my little neice who is 3years old .she started school at 3yrs. her brain is something else. we mind what we discuss whenever shes around us. otherwise she would use it as a statement unexpected. children of this days sef..
grin

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by MisterKennedy(m): 4:18pm On Oct 12, 2021
ntrukpum:
Hello friends, my daughter is very far ahead of her peers (class mates and outsiders) academically and otherwise. She started school when she was 2yrs. 3wks in school she had already knw how to write 1 to 10, A to F (I mean write not just to read).

Now she is 3yrs and she does things extraordinary. She can write 1 to 200, Aa to Zz without anybody assistance. She does her H/W alone, can read and spell two letter words. She sings a lot. I wanted her to play at least one musical instrument b4 she turns 5.

Two yrs ago, I had this vision of grooming "exceptionally intelligent" kids btw 9-12yrs to study outside their normal school curriculum. I mean a 9yr old kid in JS1 answering physics and advance maths question. Am still working on it. But my child is just 3yrs old and i am begining to be afraid. Married with two kids, an average of 30k monthly income as a private school teacher, I think, I lack the financial resources to push my daughter to where she deserves.

I need proper advice on how to guide her now.

Here's an idea Ma

Always make sure to enlist and enroll her for any academic completion. Especially those with scholarship benefit so that she can study in a better country.

Congrats for having such specially gifted child.

God will see you all through.

And also try to find out her likes and dislikes and what interests her more. That way you might help her decide on what career path she should follow.
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by ntrukpum(m): 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2021
Blue86:
Watch over in prayers, and guide into the right path by you being faithful with the Lord Jesus, and training her up in morals.

For many has lost their genius children due to the lack of these above tactics to :
1. Untimely death
2. Insanity
3. Prostitution
4. Hard drugs and fleshly pleasures.

Second, do not go about broadcasting to everyone what a genius she is,but get her things that will boost her up, and do the following above mentioned advice.

Yearly, genius comes to the world.
But they get terminated before time due to the parent's carelessness.
thank you, that's d reason i came to nairaland instead of facebook.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by DukeJoe17: 4:21pm On Oct 12, 2021
money121:

Almighty God will provide the money to take Good Care of Our Kids
But if you don't mind sir
I can assist with something for her Sch fees
Every term!
Just my part to contribute to her Success in Life
So you can Pm me let Discuss abt that sir!
Iyanu Masele God No go shame Us

*Update*

With my Little Support, So i decide to support the little Genius with 10k monthly Allowance for her Sch fees!
At least this will go A long way..
Wish her more knowledge and Understanding

Attached below payment for this Month!!

Thanks for helping that fellow, your reward is sure...

I have a little resources to start a business but I need someone to coach me just like obi cubana kind of follow up, mentorship, expertise supervision and connections.

Your kind consideration is appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by IamOrei(m): 4:27pm On Oct 12, 2021
U have a dream but lack the necessary courage to achieve it.

It's better not to have a dream at all
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Joelobioha(m): 4:28pm On Oct 12, 2021
Semaj77:

I think I've heard this but haven't verified it yet
the fat in their butt cheeks is has a special chemical they said that helps in formation of a babys cerebellum
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by fiddzy(m): 4:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
Mexyz:
I'm more concerned about your 'married with 2 kids on a 30k salary'
Boss how you take do am?

Some of us that earn almost 5x of that are damn scared of the word 'marriage'

God bring that understanding lady come my way na cry
these days lady brother na God. Even d village ones ma no go there bros.
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by drimzsmoke(m): 4:55pm On Oct 12, 2021
ntrukpum:
Hello friends, my daughter is very far ahead of her peers (class mates and outsiders) academically and otherwise. She started school when she was 2yrs. 3wks in school she had already knw how to write 1 to 10, A to F (I mean write not just to read).

Now she is 3yrs and she does things extraordinary. She can write 1 to 200, Aa to Zz without anybody assistance. She does her H/W alone, can read and spell two letter words. She sings a lot. I wanted her to play at least one musical instrument b4 she turns 5.

Please do you have any younger sister who is fertile and ready for marriage

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by geemd434: 5:23pm On Oct 12, 2021
Mamayam:
op, no worry, na initial gragra. She go mellow.

You are Fool... Mallam way nor get sense... Learn to shut up if you don't have something good to say

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by BigDawsNet: 5:30pm On Oct 12, 2021
adanny01:

Bad advice is what you gave.

You don't direct a genius to a field, you guide a genius to choose his or her path where the person's best potential will be developed.

Directing a child to a field is the same thing as force.

What are you saying mehn...

Nobody is talking about forcing... They are kids, they can't make decisions! You direct them...

While Zuckerberg's was growing up, he showed interest in computers, his parents hired private computer tutor David Newman to come to the house once a week and work with Zuckerberg...

Lastly as kid grow up they can loose focus on what they love to do.. due to multiple lazy friends...they need directions to keep them in place...

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by rhames(m): 5:40pm On Oct 12, 2021
ntrukpum:

Two yrs ago, I had this vision of grooming "exceptionally intelligent" kids btw 9-12yrs to study outside their normal school curriculum. I mean a 9yr old kid in JS1 answering physics and advance maths question. Am still working on it. But my child is just 3yrs old and i am begining to be afraid. Married with two kids, an average of 30k monthly income as a private school teacher, I think, I lack the financial resources to push my daughter to where she deserves.

My friend, please go to your pastors and imams to help you cover that boys destiny before dangerous demons discover and destroy his destiny.

I speak from experience.

Please if you need to restrict him from going out please do. Just do everything to protect him as we now live in an evil world that hates progress.

He will be a shining example and a role model to your family by God's grace.

Amen
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by JayPeeOham: 5:57pm On Oct 12, 2021
chukwuibuipob:
coolmay her Wisdom surpass Daniel's own.It a gift from above.Such a brilliant girl will gain admission to tertiary university @,15 /graduate @20

chukwuibuipob:
coolmay her Wisdom surpass Daniel's own.It a gift from above.Such a brilliant girl will gain admission to tertiary university @,15 /graduate @20

Amen and it's very possible, speaking from experience!

My Kid Sis turned 21 in August and she is currently serving. She graduated at the age of 19. Service was delayed due to COVID-19.

Cc: ntrukpum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by JayPeeOham: 5:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
ntrukpum:

OP abeg which State you dey stay with 30k income and 2 kids. Abeg how you take dey do am, I wan learn undecided
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Angelacruz: 6:05pm On Oct 12, 2021
God bless u sir
money121:

Every term!

*Update*

With my Little Support, So i decide to support the little Genius with 10k monthly Allowance for her Sch fees!

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by lookyzy: 6:07pm On Oct 12, 2021
olioxx:
OP before you call her genius, she first have to undergo an IQ test, a score above 150 undoubtedly proves she is a genius.
Okay so what I will suggest you do is :
1. Let her learn to play a musical instruments.
2. Let her play games very well. Preferably games that stimulate abstract thinking like chess, Scrabble etc. Even tic tac toe.
3. Let her socialize and play with other kids as well.
4. Let her sleep very well.
5. Let her Master the Tratenberg System of Speed Mathematics. I learnt this when I was 17 and it help me with abstract thinking. So teach here, if you want I will send the book to you via email.
All in all, congratulations.
I have learnt something from this post. thank you for your contribution.
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 12, 2021
kekakuz:
Get her online . Do videos with her and make her popular. Help will come from different places in no time
Exactly champ. If he can open Instagram account for her. And start to display is potential to people to watch.She can become famous from there.
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by 2elliot: 6:50pm On Oct 12, 2021
Please, I want to advise you to not brag about your daughter among your friends or any one else around you. The world could be very dangerous. Growing up, at first in primary one and two, I took last positions all through the three terms. Then my mom changed me from the school. Just first term into my new school, I was able to read and write, and then I took third position. From then on I took first positions till I left primary school. And even in secondary I still got the fire. I represented my school in several competitions. I was the talk of the town when I wrote SPDC scholarship exams and won the overall best in my state. I got several scholarships. But life happened when my father kept bragging about me before anyone he met. And i saw the jealousy in some people's eyes. Before I would know what was happening, I went down with terrible stomach ulcers. And again I had a very terrible accident that changed the trajectory of my life for a very long time even to this moment.
So please, be very careful with your daughter.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by adanny01(m): 7:23pm On Oct 12, 2021
BigDawsNet:

What are you saying mehn...

Nobody is talking about forcing... They are kids, they can't make decisions! You direct them...

While Zuckerberg's was growing up, he showed interest in computers, his parents hired private computer tutor David Newman to come to the house once a week and work with Zuckerberg...

Lastly as kid grow up they can loose focus on what they love to do.. due to multiple lazy friends...they need directions to keep them in place...

If Zuckerberg showed interest in computers, does it mean his parents "directed" him to computers or "coding" as you suggested?

Thats exactly my point and you made an example for me. You don't direct the child, you support the childs interest after you find it, not direct him.

When parents direct children, they tend to direct them towards what the parents want. If a child likes math, buy math books, if the child likes music, buy music books and find out which instruments the child wants and get it. The child leads the way not the parent directing the way. The direction is chosen by the child, guidance is what the child needs.

Guidance is the right thing to do not direct.
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by DaRuud(m): 7:35pm On Oct 12, 2021
Be grateful for having a baby at age 3 doing things on her own , you need to download some app to help her achieve her goals

ntrukpum:

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by nnamdico82: 7:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
Oga o and seat down there is nothing special, I know of one that can as well perform better than her at age 3 he can do addition and etc.
ntrukpum:

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by AmadorSays: 7:55pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lovely, this is almost every parents pride
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by Tinyemeka(m): 8:23pm On Oct 12, 2021
ntrukpum:

Hi.

Glad to hear your story.

My daughter also shows a similar precocious disposition.

At 18 months, she already familiar with navigating my android device and going to gallery or VLC app to watch videos. Her favourite then was Teletubbies. Around that age also, she could already identify and differentiate any colour at all (she could tell you which was pink, purple or blue). So what I did was to download as much kiddies videos as I could from YouTube. Homeschool Pop and Busy Beavers are just two of many channels with great kids' educational content. I also made sure to get videos that are way ahead of what her class teaches.

She's 6 now (Primary 2), but always puts me on my toes, with the kind of "crazy" (for her age though) questions she asks. Like how seeds form trees, why the moon goes around the earth, how food makes us grow, etc. I always get apprehensive whenever she asks her questions, because I try to make every effort to answer them as accurately as possible. LOL.

I also strictly control what the kids watch on TV, so there's no age-inappropriate program for them. It's basically Jim-Jam, Discovery Kids, PBS kids and other kids channels focused on education. She no longer bothers to watch Disney kids anymore. Now she speaks with an American accent all the time with an extensive command of her vocabulary. I swear. Just 3 days ago, she was describing to me how glass is made from melting sand.

Please encourage your daughter as much as you can. Do not hesitate to answer her questions and put her through on topics that require clarification, meaning you don get permanent assignment be that. LOL.

Take care.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by OlawaleBammie: 8:25pm On Oct 12, 2021
oluwafeolami:

I’m still in awe of this kind gesture. The sender is a Yoruba Muslim while the receiver is an Igbo and most probably a Christian by their religions (I stand to be corrected though).

Now tell me, aren’t we good together in oneness?

Incase u wanna know,
Service to Humanity, is Service to God Almighty.

as in eehn, i just love how yorubas are Liberal with religiosity

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by DavidHarry(m): 8:34pm On Oct 12, 2021
Take her to the jungle let her kush some loud, she could also hawk pepper around cele, make sure she's withdrawn from among intellectuals or anything that would promote that genius. I guess this could do for now
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by eprynce(m): 8:43pm On Oct 12, 2021
Hmmm... I've them too o! My 5-year old can read anything, and I mean anything! Her communication is top notch for her age and many more. The 3-year old junior is like your own and I've got reports he's probably better because he's a lot quicker than his sister. I've been away for a while now and my wife says I better hustle hard because our 1-year old is showing same signs.
I try to help them guard their hearts and never let anyone try to put them down.
Above all I they pray and hustle o
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by emmanuelpopson(m): 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2021
In all of this... Give God the glory for making you have such kid.. And now. If you were of science inclined it could have been better for her.. Because that is the basics knowledge she would like to know before deviating to arts or humanities.. I'll. Advice that you also buckle you seat belt and be studying so that you can match her inquisition when she ask questions so that she won't feel that daddy does not know anything and thereby she won't be able to be free with you..
You are her first teacher and compass to other knowledge she will receive later...
God bless you to be able to provide for her..

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:13pm On Oct 12, 2021
apparentlylaw:
Na so I start o
Jamb come humble me
I enter uni all those lecturers tell me no be by to sabi
You allowed foolish Nigerian lecturers to dampen your intelligence? Come on!
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by SeunNotOwner: 9:14pm On Oct 12, 2021
ntrukpum:

You should go watch or see the movie gifted

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by oluwafeolami(m): 10:21pm On Oct 12, 2021
ntrukpum:

Yes this is really an act of kindness, love to humanity. I am not Igbo. I am from Eket, in Akwa Ibom state.

Oh ok. God be with you and your family. Regards to your amazing daughter. She will excel beyond limits and all her sibling(s).
Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by oluwafeolami(m): 10:34pm On Oct 12, 2021
Oduduwa707:

You've seen the notification is all you can say, abi? angry Not even a single "Thank You"! You're not only ungrateful but, MADDD as well. angry

Baba mi Money121, abeg no too waste ur money on dis entitled fool. angry

But do you know this is grossly uncalled for.
He had already appreciated immediately he got the alert and he even posted it here.
It is well oooo.
At op please do kindly ignore, it’s a phase that will pass.

2 Likes

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by oluwafeolami(m): 10:40pm On Oct 12, 2021
Oduduwa707:

You've seen the notification is all you can say, abi? angry Not even a single "Thank You"! You're not only ungrateful but, MADDD as well. angry

Baba mi Money121, abeg no too waste ur money on dis entitled fool. angry

Finally you were served what you ordered for.
Even if you want to correct people on a public platform, u should do that without being vulgar. It only shows a sign of weakness. Qualifying the op with unprintable names is totally uncalled for.
You should learn from this and if you don’t so be it.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Child Is Already A GENIUS @ 3! by SaintUlot: 12:54am On Oct 13, 2021
money121:

Every term!

*Update*

Impressive, God will continue to bless you and your handwork.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Child Molestation - I Was Molested Twice As A Kid / Disclaimer: Elohor Okudu Clarifies Herself On The N580k Bride Price Story / 5 Things Ladies Must Look Out For In A Man Before Marrying Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.