Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,674 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:00 PM

Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results (11027 Views)

Timothy Owoeye Caught Bathing In Osun Market Ahead Of Election (Photos, video) / Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election Results: INEC Official Announcement Updates / Ekiti 2018 Governorship Election Results From Polling Units & Wards (Unofficial) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by IKBARUTEN11(m): 1:01pm On Oct 12, 2021
A
Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by Oppy2k2: 1:02pm On Oct 12, 2021
g
Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by enyice(m): 1:03pm On Oct 12, 2021
tmtech:
Great.. INEC should carry out a survey on all pooling unit in conjunction with the Telco to determine areas with coverage black out and decide what to do. not senate filled with privileged olodos

Telcos mast are in trouble.

People will deliberately blow them up then claim total blackout to enable manually transmission, ballot papers snatching etc
Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by Chinonye02: 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2021
Let's take your products to your target market
Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by yedepob: 1:05pm On Oct 12, 2021
I see...
Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by Mossadd: 1:06pm On Oct 12, 2021
muykem:
Good one. PDP will still criticise it. Electronic transmission of results will not change anything.
have you devised another way to manipulate it again because apchit is full of fraudulent individuals
Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by socialmediaman: 1:09pm On Oct 12, 2021
jlinkd78:
Unfortunately for Lawan and his Team Rubber Stamp the credit for this singular act which will go a long way in deepening democracy and quality of election outcome will go to the INEC Chairman and his team who showed determination in d face of pliable legislative arm by insisting they must transmit results electronically. Simply put electronic transmission of election results means 1+2=3 while analogue compilation means 1+2= 3000, 30000 etc. You now see why d fear for electronic transmission painting it look like it's rocket science. We will now begin to see results that are arithmetic progression based not d usual geometric progression these political actors shun out and it's about time d myth in the North"s population cum election figures about to be busted

Status quo remains. Nothing changed. Nigerians continue to be fooled. In the last election, INEC insisted it will transmit results electronically, even demonstrated on national TV how they will do it, only to claim after election that there was no electronic transmission.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by Lionnation: 1:21pm On Oct 12, 2021
Why mandate all political parties to use direct primary mode to pick there candidates
Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by wolebest: 1:23pm On Oct 12, 2021
The 1999 Constitution already gave INEC the powers to organise elections at the state and national levels and supervise local government. So no Sanate can give INEC that powers again.

1 Like

Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by Racoon(m): 1:26pm On Oct 12, 2021
So as usual they senate was just grandstanding in the beginning? Useless bunch of rubberstamp mofos.

1 Like

Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by Donjovinco: 1:29pm On Oct 12, 2021
I don't understand this power of autonomy,however see REGINA DANIEL in new photos https://jovinletter.com/2021/10/12/have-a-look-at-the-breath-taking-photos-of-regina-daniel/

Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by Pharaoh4rin(m): 1:34pm On Oct 12, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright..

We still get inec for this country....

The headline should be senate empower or give the go ahead to Apc to determine transmission of election results

You alliterate give me shame.
I'm sure if they ask 1+1, your answer will be 11.

Do you understand the thread at all?
Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by Pharaoh4rin(m): 1:35pm On Oct 12, 2021
iconnecta:
this one na to hide face.
INEC already are hell bent on transmitting result electronically, with or without Senate approval.
I already know that INEC will not make a shift.
INEC already carried out Pilot experiment of electronic voting in 2015 election and have found out how the Result have changed on their way to Abuja as compare to the Electronic collation they did at the background.
this is the reason INEC have completely refute the manual collection going forward.

SENATE knew that INEC are not backing out on the move.

I tell you. For this reason, I'm going to vote for the first time in 2023

3 Likes

Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by ojtech8291: 1:43pm On Oct 12, 2021
Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by Forest122: 1:46pm On Oct 12, 2021
Good
Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by AKWATGOLD1(m): 1:50pm On Oct 12, 2021
This is another trap to cause Political imbroglio in this country because the activities of the HACKERS might bring to pre-intimacy if Election will be transmit electronically.
Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by tempest01(m): 1:50pm On Oct 12, 2021
I really hope the rivers will not put in someone that will use these laws to do their bidding.
Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by adioolayi(m): 1:58pm On Oct 12, 2021
"The upper legislative chamber also approved that all political parties must use the direct primary mode in picking candidates."

Operation show your level at the grassroots
grin grin

Heavyweights politicians that likes imposition and handpicking can contest this grin angry
Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by adioolayi(m): 1:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
AKWATGOLD1:
This is another trap to cause Political imbroglio in this country because the activities of the HACKERS might bring to pre-intimacy if Election will be transmit electronically.

Abeg jare...die it
Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by nattyGENT: 2:11pm On Oct 12, 2021
If no for some very wrong policies & ethnicity, APC would have won the PDP with salient achievements for democracy.
Quite commendable & apt
Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by caracas: 2:15pm On Oct 12, 2021
Good
Let me see how Tinubu's thugs will rig Lagos for Afonjas.....
Pdp will take over lag in 2023
Mark my words.....
Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by caracas: 2:18pm On Oct 12, 2021
After rigging twice for buhari, this useless inec chairman is trying to make amends....
Hahahahahah......
Tinubu in the mud.....

1 Like

Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by BluntCrazeMan: 2:40pm On Oct 12, 2021
I so much Love This..
I commend INEC for their doggedness.!!
Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by joey150(m): 2:59pm On Oct 12, 2021
Awesome stuff!

This will go a long way to curbing rigging. We still have a long way to go in santizing our electoral process, but this is a noteworthy step.

INEC must begin to put everything in place to make this process fair and transparent. I hope they adopt it for the upcoming election in Anambra state.
Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by deji68: 3:08pm On Oct 12, 2021
I like the direct mandate option....no more bribing of delegates with Ghana must go dollar package wink
Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by deji68: 3:10pm On Oct 12, 2021
LOl.. Tinubu will be recruiting the best Hackers money can buy to rig the election mark my word
caracas:
Good
Let me see how Tinubu's thugs will rig Lagos for Afonjas.....
Pdp will take over lag in 2023
Mark my words.....
Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by Agasi6815: 3:42pm On Oct 12, 2021
I'm very glad to hear this news, now I can safeguard my voters card for the coming election to vote out corrupted leaders. Before I almost given up; saying without the adoption for electronic transmission of Results I will never again participate in any election in this country because my vote doesn't count.
Now we await the presidential assent to the bill.
Re: Senate Empowers INEC To Determine Transmission Of Election Results by gryhusky(m): 3:55pm On Oct 12, 2021
Before 16 years Waste party PDP, said APC is afraid, now it has been accepted let us watch how the game play

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some Members Of LP In Ogun Back Doyin Okupe / Atiku, Sadiq, Siddiq Are Variants - Jaafar Jaafar / EFCC Hunts For FIRS Boss Fowler As Aide Exposes Fowler’s Car Gift To Girlfriend!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.