Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:41 PM

Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage (30098 Views)

Anambra East APGA Rally: Soludo Vows To Construct Eziagulu Otu-Enugu Otu Road / Pictures From APGA Rally In Awka, Anambra / Gunmen Attack APGA Rally,engage Obiano’s Convoy In Shootout,kill Many In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by etokhana: 6:10pm On Oct 12, 2021
Unidentified gunmen on Tuesday attacked Odoata Central School in Ihiala, Ihiala Local Government Area of Anambra State, where the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) was scheduled to hold its rally.

It was gathered that APGA was preparing to hold a political rally in the area when the gunmen visited, at the same time the governor’s convoy was arriving, while the gunmen engaged the security operatives in the governor’s convoy.

“The governor’s convoy was held for about one hour, while gunshots were ratcheting everywhere in the area,” a source said.

Meanwhile, DSP Toochukwu Ikenganyia, the Anambra State Police Command’s Public Relations Officer confirmed that there was an attack in Ihiala.

He said: “The attack happened at Odoata Central school, beside St Martins Church, Ihiala. It happened at about 9:30am.

“We recovered one AK-47 rifle, two magazines with 30 rounds of ammunition and a Toyota Hilux vehicle from the attackers.

“The Police and military are currently on ground now while mop up operations are ongoing. Normalcy has since returned to the area,” PPRO Ikenga said.

When the Anambra State Commissioner for Information, Mr C. Don Adinuba, was contacted, he confirmed the report, but refused to talk about the attack on the governor.

He said: “A combined team of policemen and soldiers this afternoon repelled an attack by unknown gunmen at Odoata Primary School, Ihiala, where the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) was scheduled to organize a campaign rally for the November 6 gubernatorial election in Anambra State.

“The gunmen came on various motorcycles and in three vehicles, namely, a Toyota Lexus 350 ES with registration number EKY 765 EX, Toyota RAV4 with number JJJ 434FP and a Ford van whose number could not ascertained at the time of this report because it caught fire during the exchange of bullets between the gunmen and security forces.

“The gunmen, unable to withstand the superior fire power of the soldiers and police officers, quickly ran into the large premises of Our Lady of Lourdes Hospital which is directly opposite the campaign ground.

“They suffered serious injuries, even though they managed to shoot a gallant soldier”, according to an eye witness who did not want his name disclosed in the media for fear of his safety,” Adinuba said.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/10/12/gunmen-attack-apga-rally-hold-obianos-convoy-hostage/?amp=1&utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter&__twitter_impression=true

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by Herbidemmy(m): 6:11pm On Oct 12, 2021
F

T

C cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by okpalaAnambra: 6:12pm On Oct 12, 2021
Good , no election in Anambra state, igbo kwenu

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by PrinceOfLagos: 6:12pm On Oct 12, 2021
I see APC hands in all of this senseless attacks

89 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by okpalaAnambra: 6:13pm On Oct 12, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
So far Abia is safe , Anambra can burn to ashes we don't care.Same Anambra used to insult us then, its their turn and I'm happy they're been reduced to nothing

37 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by nabiz(m): 6:13pm On Oct 12, 2021
Ummmm
Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by Mossadd: 6:14pm On Oct 12, 2021
Which kind lie be this?you recovered 1 ak47 without killing anybody or arresting them how did you get his ak47? Did you collect it from them with karate or how exactly did police get their weapons without killing or arresting them?

94 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by wwwihy: 6:14pm On Oct 12, 2021
[s]
PrinceOfLagos:
[/s]
South East is now worse than AfghanEastan

54 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by GRACETOLIVE(f): 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2021
My mother is very sick in the village with no care and I don't have even transport to go see her and buy drugs for her. Pls kindly help with any amount.

A/C No: 30904.14520 First bank

May your mother live long to enjoy the fruit of her labour including you. God bless you.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by meolaniyi(m): 6:15pm On Oct 12, 2021
This one they said they managed to shoot one soldier means the soldiers were summarily executed.

Very funny

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by Sakamaje: 6:16pm On Oct 12, 2021
Do you pipo think we are joking when we said NO LEFELENDUM NO ERECTION IN ANAMBLA OR WHAT??!! angry angry angry

13 Likes

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by meolaniyi(m): 6:19pm On Oct 12, 2021
okpalaAnambra:

So far Abia is safe , Anambra can burn to ashes we don't care.Same Anambra used to insult us then, its their turn and I'm happy they're been reduced to nothing
Biafra land is Biafra land. Nothing like Anambra or Imo.

90 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by Dannybammz: 6:24pm On Oct 12, 2021
Lol
Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by funkekemi(f): 6:28pm On Oct 12, 2021
meolaniyi:
Biafra land is Biafra land. Nothing like Anambra or Imo.
don't let a serial afonja dribble you like football

72 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by helinues: 6:29pm On Oct 12, 2021
The Taliban of East are keeping up with their promises

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by helinues: 6:31pm On Oct 12, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:

Me self dey see Apc legs for that matter

Eish

11 Likes

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by Alfamann: 6:31pm On Oct 12, 2021
So it was mission accomplished then.

Rally no hold.
Soldier shot.
Gunmen got away.
Nigerian terrorist govt. mopping up innocent civillians.

6 Likes

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by SlayerForever: 6:33pm On Oct 12, 2021
Happened in Ihiala this afternoon. It was not a small exchange of gunfire.

11 Likes

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by Danjikanbauchi: 6:34pm On Oct 12, 2021
okpalaAnambra:

stop misbehaving you are an adult, bloody Afonja

68 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by benuejosh: 6:37pm On Oct 12, 2021
IPOB at it again.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by SSIPON(m): 6:37pm On Oct 12, 2021
Gun men this, Gun men that. When will I ever log into Nairaland and see good news?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by Greatn3ss: 6:38pm On Oct 12, 2021
No lefelandom no erection in anambala

9 Likes

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by baralatie(m): 6:38pm On Oct 12, 2021
Wetin for Obiano to say another thing that it was DSS or Fulani herssmen

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by kenbee(f): 6:38pm On Oct 12, 2021
okpalaAnambra:

Anambra can never be reduced to being number 5 out of the 36 states. Like it or hate it, Anambra is a blessed state. We set the pace from 1963 till date

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by bishop4life(m): 6:38pm On Oct 12, 2021
Desperate power tussle.
Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by baralatie(m): 6:38pm On Oct 12, 2021
Greatn3ss:
E
E dom red

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by SSIPON(m): 6:38pm On Oct 12, 2021
Greatn3ss:
E

Space booker cheesy

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by kenbee(f): 6:38pm On Oct 12, 2021
I'm in support of freedom and I'm a bloody Biafran but as for blood shed, count me out. I know the difference from weed and seed

4 Likes

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by Authoreety: 6:38pm On Oct 12, 2021
Osetigo...

Ndi gunmen zukwanuike

1 Like

Re: Anambra: Gunmen Attack APGA Rally, Hold Obiano’s Convoy Hostage by MENELIIK: 6:39pm On Oct 12, 2021
Danjikanbauchi:
stop misbehaving you are an adult, bloody Afonja

Osu, face your Biafranistan wahala

14 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Wins APC Senatorial Ticket In Edo / 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns / Wole Soyinka: When You Marry An Illiterate Woman As A Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.