Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns (30102 Views)

Heavy Voter Apathy In Port Harcourt / Igangan: Don’t Dare North, CNG Warns Gani Adams / Those Bent On Power Shift To South Behind Security Challenges In North – CNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by Islie: 3:24pm On Jun 13, 2022
The Coalition for Northern Groups (CNG) has warned that unless urgent measures are taken, there is likelihood of voter apathy in the Northern part...

By Clement A. Oloyede

The Coalition for Northern Groups (CNG) has warned that unless urgent measures are taken, there is likelihood of voter apathy in the Northern part of the country in the 2023 general elections.

Addressing journalists in Kano on Monday, the spokesman of the coalition, Abdul-Azeez Suleiman, said its observations indicated that there is lower participation in the ongoing update of voter registration in the North compared to other parts of the country.

This, the coalition said is not unconnected to the huge disappointment of Northerners in the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari.

The coalition also said the outcome of party primaries especially in the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and the main opposition People’s Democratic Party (PDP) had further pushed a huge percentage of northerners to a position of caring little about who emerges winner in the 2023 election with the “monetization” of the process.

The coalition, however, charged northerners not to be discouraged with the turn of events but to massively register for their “Permanent Voter Cards as the only sure way of ensuring leadership that will address our limitations.”

It also “remind the northern voter to be vigilante with the direction of his voting by refusing to be pinned to political party specifics and go for candidates with pronounced credibility, competence, capacity and with the antecedent of expressly identifying with their problems around security, the economy and education.”

The coalition also demanded for a “thorough investigation into whether election funding in recent primary elections by parties followed the prescribed protocols as indicated in the Electoral Act” and also demanded for “an enquiry into the extent to which adherence or otherwise to the electoral guidelines contributed to the monetization of the electoral contests in the various parties and its implication for future electoral integrity.”

https://dailytrust.com/2023-voter-apathy-looms-in-north-cng-warns

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by fernandez1(m): 3:32pm On Jun 13, 2022
When 2023 is here we all know the north won’t vote with pvc but the pvc is only mandatory in the southern part of the country.

First you people need to fight electoral fraud first if not not matter how many people vote for their preferred candidate, apc and pdp will still rig their way to the top.

100 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by ImDStar: 3:34pm On Jun 13, 2022
I am beginning to believe that some Nigerians deserve to die suffering.

In the first place, how can you be crying and praying for a better country, but you have Atiku and Tinubu as your best choice?

Is that not pure madness in the highest order?

You're suffering oo, and you're still the diehard fans your slave master!! What kind of human being do that??

A master strategy who brought upon Nigerians a disastrous leader in form of buhari, you want to reward him with Presidency for a job Weldon abi.

He's now telling you he wants to solve the problems the buhari he brought created. Pure foolishness.

You know in your subconscious that you're toying the wrong line, but that spirit of suffering in you must make sure you don't apply common sense.

That's how majority of you did in 2015, and you're still the most affected person by your masters unfortunate leadership, sorry oo.

Even if it would only be my vote LP garnered that day, I will feel fulfilled.

322 Likes 36 Shares

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by Samuelnze(m): 3:43pm On Jun 13, 2022
Boko boys have taken over their lands including their voting centers, i saw this coming..it will even be to the south's advantage which will make our obi to win...
our northern politicians can use the looted public funds in their accounts to set up voting centers for our northern brothers and sisters in IDP camps....we move

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by LegendHero(m): 3:49pm On Jun 13, 2022
ImDStar:
I am beginning to believe that some Nigerians deserve to die suffering.

In the first place, how can you be crying and praying for a better country, but you have Atiku and Tinubu as your best choice?

Is that not pure madness in the highest order?

You're suffering oo, and you're still the diehard fans your slave master!! What kind of human being do that??

A master strategy who brought upon Nigerians a disastrous leader in form of buhari, you want to reward him with Presidency for a job Weldon abi.

He's now telling you he wants to solve the problems the buhari he brought created. Pure foolishness.

You know in your subconscious that you're toying the wrong line, but that spirit of suffering in you must make sure you don't apply common sense.

That's how majority of you did in 2015, and you're still the most affected person by your masters unfortunate leadership, sorry oo.

Even if it would only be my vote LP garnered that day, I will feel fulfilled.

Ogbeni quit all these jargons.

We don't want to suffer another non payment of salary from Obi Pandora.

168 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by XerXers: 3:51pm On Jun 13, 2022
Large votes in the north is just because of Buhari. I pity Tinubu urchins expecting huge votes from the north

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by money121(m): 8:38pm On Jun 13, 2022
Ok
Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by Tunechi5(m): 8:38pm On Jun 13, 2022
grin grin the north sef don taya for pdp nd apc grin

32 Likes

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by Splitmind: 8:38pm On Jun 13, 2022
Nonsense, the people of the North are ready to sieze the elections and build upon the great legacy President Buhari has left behind.

We want what we are experiencing in the North right now to spread over the entire country and continue for many years to come.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by Viraltrends123: 8:38pm On Jun 13, 2022
LOL, I was expecting silence from when Tinubu won, and Amaechi lost, despite their noisez wail, bad pictures of Tinubu flying around etc.

I was also expecting silence when their almighty Peter Obi they were hailing, fight for, discrediting other Ibo aspirants stepped down for Atiku grin so funny.

They've been wailing since 2014, they are not ready to see the reality, and we are helping them by liking their posts grin

They are ready to wail from 2014 to 2031, they said they will rather vote for Atiku than to vote for any Yoruba man, they want power to go back to north, if it won't be south east. We will show them what politics is, their wailing started 2014, it will continue till 2031, by the Obi would be over 70, they will push for old man presidency grin, but it would be too late, they will wail till 2039 after Osinbanjo

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by IKBARUTEN11(m): 8:39pm On Jun 13, 2022
Im glad that those people from Niger republic won't be voting en mass this Time around

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by Abfinest007(m): 8:39pm On Jun 13, 2022
Wait till election day n u b amaze what w

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by Imstrong2(m): 8:39pm On Jun 13, 2022
P.V.C: peter victory card

PDP:Peter deserves the presidency

APC: actualization of Peter's conquest

LP: leveraging on peter

APGA: Alliance with peter gives assurance

112 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by McOluOmo: 8:39pm On Jun 13, 2022
Ok

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by MEGA4BILLION(m): 8:39pm On Jun 13, 2022
Southerners are back to their senses, they know it's not business as usual that's why they are registering to increase their voting strength

8 Likes

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by nazicartel(m): 8:39pm On Jun 13, 2022
Everybody should just calm down. The tension is high.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by Hushbingo: 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2022
Hmmm

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by tuoyoojo(m): 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2022
I feel for my northern brothers

I remember how they queued up for mai gaskiya.... the man who they thought would help them fight corruption and better their lives

But alas we're they in for the surprise of their lives

The mai gaskiya didn't just take them from frying pan to fire but tied them up in burning stakes

See the level of killings, kidnapping and hardship he brought upon his people

But alas they could not complain because they brought it upon themselves with their pvcs

Everyone can how see that tribalism and regionalism cannot compare with competence

This is the reason why Labour Party is the new opposition

Enough of pdp and apc

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2022
They already know Peter Obi is the next President

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by Sigoilo(m): 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2022
Mmmm
Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by smatt1711: 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2022
Buhari really break many peoples hearts

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by specialmati(m): 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2022
grin grin grin anything to make sure the old money bags are retired is a welcome development. Because I keep asking myself since the old money bags are good why did they bribe delegates. So tell me, when they win they will have to recover the money they spend on delegates first before looting what is left. Country people no mistake this time again ooh. Vote for Peter Obi

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by Realists(m): 8:40pm On Jun 13, 2022
fernandez1:
When 2023 is here we all know the north won’t vote with pvc but the pvc is only mandatory in the southern part of the country.

First you people need to fight electoral fraud first if not not matter how many people vote for their preferred candidate, apc and pdp will still rig their way to the top.

Mr Electoral fraud, you choose to be blind on the fraudulent votes & rigging that happens in southern part of the country, but open your eyes on the people of the Northern part. Well it's a fact that the majority will have their way, while the minority will have their say aka wailing, for demo crazy is a game of numbers.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by NaijaOlosho(f): 8:41pm On Jun 13, 2022
grin
Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by KingKO22: 8:41pm On Jun 13, 2022
The #Cityboy is all we need

#Cityboy should replicate the development spirit of Lagos in Nigeria

We need a visionary leader like Tinubu

Enough of suffering and smiling

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by owiko(m): 8:41pm On Jun 13, 2022
Just like "END SARS", PETER OBI is a national movement...

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by nameo: 8:41pm On Jun 13, 2022
I was telling someone this yesterday.

There is a relative low enthusiasm in the north for the next elections not only in the low momentum there but also in the relative low PVC registration.

This is cos northerners are deeply disappointed with the Buhari they have really hoped up and are just as every other region in this country, are really TIRED of the situation of the country. And they see the APC and PDP as the harbinger of that disappointement and disillusionment.

The only person who excites them to some extent is Kwankwaso.

Now, compared with the massive enthusiasm and PVC uptake in parts of the south. Which is due to the fact that a lot of southerners, esp in the previously politically docile SE, have seen someone that rekindles HOPE that things can change.

And this is where the LP and Obi startegists can really make a hug difference: reach out to the north with your message, patiently engaging them. They want the change badly but are afraid(as is naturally). Try to also establish strong alliances with credible northern groups and individuals like Kwankwaso and work on it. The people there are hungry for it. You will not win the north but you will have gotten important votes from there and further reduced any block votes to any of the 2 main parties.

This, whilst aggressively building on the clear advantage (with the message and momentum) you currently have in the south

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by ProfAmaben(m): 8:41pm On Jun 13, 2022
My family can never be hungry, vote for whomever you wanna vote, I no send una cheesy

1 Like

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by specialmati(m): 8:41pm On Jun 13, 2022
LegendHero:

Ogbeni quit all these jargons.

We don't want to suffer another non payment of salary from Obi Pandora.
grin grin grin grin if the sensible youth are all supporting Peter Obi and you are here attacking the only best shot we have to rescue our country. Then I don't know why and hope you are not supporting any of the old money bags because we can't afford to allow them retire in aso rock. Instead they will retire in their homes

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Voter Apathy Looms In North, CNG Warns by Promoter2: 8:42pm On Jun 13, 2022
Don't believe the media. Don't.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Dapchi Yobe Girls School Attack: 94 Students Missing / Oyo State Government Finally Reconstructing Yinka Ayefele’s Music House / Atiku Pays 7-Year-Old Chimamanda's Surgery Bill, Sends Her Back To School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.