Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,877 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

We Can Be Friends - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Can Be Friends (978 Views)

Is It Safe To Be Friends With "Cuddle Benefit' With A Guy? / Why Do Ex's Say, "We Can Still Be Friends," After A Break-up? / When She Just Wants To Be Friends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Can Be Friends by 2sexy(m): 12:12am On Jun 01, 2011
Guys what do you do or will do if lady you are asking out says 'we can be friends'? What does that mean to you?
Re: We Can Be Friends by omega25red(m): 12:23am On Jun 01, 2011
1 it means she is seeing someone but likes you as a person so she wants to be friends
2 it means she is kind enough not to yell NO when you asked her out and she came up with the lets just be friends excuse
3 she is with someone and interested but she wants to see what the person she is with will do so she will keep you as reserve
4 she just wants to be friends and not in the mood to date or be in a relationship

now pick one

1 Like

Re: We Can Be Friends by Nobody: 12:50am On Jun 01, 2011
she doesn't want you romantically.
Re: We Can Be Friends by MrsChima1(f): 3:04am On Jun 01, 2011
[size=44pt]SHE DO NOT WANT YOU.[/size]
Re: We Can Be Friends by Pweety4me(f): 3:07am On Jun 01, 2011
omega25red:

1 it means she is seeing someone but likes you as a person so she wants to be friends
2 it means she is kind enough not to yell NO when you asked her out and she came up with the lets just be friends excuse
3 she is with someone and interested but she wants to see what the person she is with will do so she will keep you as reserve
4 she just wants to be friends and not in the mood to date or be in a relationship

now pick one

@OP It could be any of these^^^and many more!

It's really up to you poster how you want to see it, and how much you really like or even know the girL!
Re: We Can Be Friends by 2blunt: 4:55am On Jun 01, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

[size=44pt]SHE DO NOT WANT YOU.[/size]

[size=45pt]Dry sense of humour [/size]
Re: We Can Be Friends by Dyt(f): 6:04am On Jun 01, 2011
Wat else cld dat mean?
Gosh
sm ppl jst cm ere n ask wat dey already know
abi u no no wetin frnds mean? *in wafi accent*
Re: We Can Be Friends by noblegas2(m): 6:21am On Jun 01, 2011
Means , Keep trying dude!
Re: We Can Be Friends by 2sexy(m): 6:57am On Jun 01, 2011
I really like this girl. Despite all dis, she always pick up my call. She is really a nice lady. Should push it or give her more time?
Re: We Can Be Friends by limnd(m): 7:13am On Jun 01, 2011
Dude, that's a great reply, Afterall, all great relationship don't just start off like that, It starts with dat particular phrase 'let's b friends',

Remember don't push it, Let nature takes it effect, What ll b,ll b,
Re: We Can Be Friends by Ekpoma1: 7:23am On Jun 01, 2011
Poster when u ask any gal out these days and she says no, she said no not bcoz she doesnt like u but just bcoz u dont have money 2 take care of her needs.
Re: We Can Be Friends by frank317: 7:38am On Jun 01, 2011
omega25red:

now pick one

likes u as a person? whats that? so if someone "loves" u she/he likes u as a GOD? what do u guys actually think love is?
Re: We Can Be Friends by omega25red(m): 8:54pm On Jun 01, 2011
frank3.16:

likes u as a person? whats that? so if someone "loves" u she/he likes u as a GOD? what do u guys actually think love is?
i know english is your second language so i wont argue with you because you are over thinking it
Re: We Can Be Friends by kokoye(m): 9:12pm On Jun 01, 2011
Several ladies have said that to me . .and i still ended up laying those pipes.

I'll take it over a slap or spit wink
Re: We Can Be Friends by frank317: 9:24pm On Jun 01, 2011
omega25red:

i know english is your second language so i wont argue with you because you are over thinking it

oga! i no talk say your english wrong. a lot of people say this all the time and i just does not make sense to me.

"like me for who i am" who are u? people must like u for being either rich, tall, funny, caring, busty, beautiful, kind, intelligent etc and that is who u are. but most times if people love u for either of all these people call it infatuation.

"like me as a person" before will somebody like u as an animal?

this love self, they talk as if its one magic thing; it is formed from the physical things we see.
Re: We Can Be Friends by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 01, 2011
@poster
it could simply mean that she wants to get to know you as a friend before jumping into romance.
the sad truth is that many 9ja men, get to know a women and suddenly expect her to jump into a r!ship with them FOR NO DAMN REASON.
so i suggest you discover this woman, find out if you even have anything in common or can enjoy anything together, laugh and have fun together before going into such a dangerous place as DATING.

you HAVE to be friends before thinking that you could be lovers or more.
Re: We Can Be Friends by MMM2(m): 11:33pm On Jun 01, 2011
op
it means she will give u Womanliness when she feels like. angry
Re: We Can Be Friends by Blazay(m): 9:44am On Jun 02, 2011
It means she is 'doween' someone else and you are not 'attractive' enough. . .YET! kiss
There might be hope.
Things change you know. wink
Re: We Can Be Friends by 2sexy(m): 2:40pm On Jun 02, 2011
I spoke to her yesterday and she that she thougth i was initially playing pranks but seeing my level of seriousness in her,she does not know what to do. She has just broke up with her guy and she does not want to rush into any relationship. So my reply to her was that i will wait for her to make up her mind. Actually, I have been eyeing this lady since 2007/08. I believe this the right time.
Re: We Can Be Friends by Dyt(f): 2:46pm On Jun 02, 2011
Congrats
Happy 4 u

(1) (Reply)

Wedding / Love Your Lady To The Fullest / deleted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.