Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu (29983 Views)

Fayose Says He Will Only Support A Southern President In 2023 / Makinde Is PDP Leader – Fayose Concedes / Lere Olayinka Flexes With Fayose, Says 'Na Their Next Level Go Tough' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by yashau(m): 12:56pm On Oct 13, 2021
Former Ekiti State governor Ayodele Fayose has said his visit to former governor of Lagos State and a leader in the ruling All Progressives Congress Bola Tinubu was on health ground.

Tinubu returned to Nigeria earlier this month after spending weeks in London recovering from a knee surgery.

Fayose, a member of the opposition People’s Democratic Party, visited Tinubu at his Bourdillon, Ikoyi, residence on Tuesday. Many thought his visit could be in connection with Tinubu’s rumoured ambition to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari.

The PDP chief, however, cleared the air about his visit to the APC leader.

“To those negative political analysts, this visit notwithstanding, I remain an unrepentant PDP leader and key stakeholder,” Fayose said in a Facebook post on Tuesday.

He suggested that despite their political differences, Tinubu was still deserving of his visit, noting that “politics should be about love for each other.”

“Health issues know no political party and in this part of the world, we seldom celebrate people when they are alive,” Fayose said. “Rather, we like to sign condolence registers. To me, that is not the best way to live.”

Fayose, perhaps, is the highest-profile opposition figure whose visit to the APC leader has been made public.
In February, the former Ekiti governor said he will never defect to the APC, insisting that the ruling party has nothing to offer him.

However, in 2009, he supported the APC governorship candidate in the state, Kayode Fayemi, against Segun One who was the candidate of the PDP.

“I’m over 60. What do I want to become? I was governor at 42. All the opportunities anybody could offer, PDP offered me,” Fayose said on Channels TV’s Sunday Politics in February.

“I will not go to APC. What is missing? Some people choose to be dishonourable. Not me. I will rather go and be the husband of my wife, Feyisetan Fayose, and my son.”

In an exclusive interview with Daily Independent in April, Fayose said he rejected overtures by Tinubu for him to join APC.

““In 2009, I supported Governor (Kayode) Fayemi openly. Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu did everything, asking me to come to APC but I said no,” he told Daily Independent.

https://guardian.ng/news/i-am-unrepentant-pdp-leader-fayose-says-after-visit-to-tinubu/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&Echobox=1634114204

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by yashau(m): 12:56pm On Oct 13, 2021
Omoluabi gbasi be smiley

77 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by lloydtruth: 1:00pm On Oct 13, 2021
Una don start, tomorrow now you go do another FFK.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by LegendHero(m): 1:12pm On Oct 13, 2021
You have to remain in PDP to do the trick from there.

10 Likes

Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by Bizibi(m): 1:17pm On Oct 13, 2021
Fayose!!!! Na so ffk make mouth until he turn to beggar. We are watching you!!!

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by Charmingrascal(m): 1:22pm On Oct 13, 2021
yashau:
Former Ekiti State governor Ayodele Fayose has said his visit to former governor of Lagos State and a leader in the ruling All Progressives Congress Bola Tinubu was on health ground.

Tinubu returned to Nigeria earlier this month after spending weeks in London recovering from a knee surgery.

Fayose, a member of the opposition People’s Democratic Party, visited Tinubu at his Bourdillon, Ikoyi, residence on Tuesday. Many thought his visit could be in connection with Tinubu’s rumoured ambition to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari.

The PDP chief, however, cleared the air about his visit to the APC leader.

“To those negative political analysts, this visit notwithstanding, I remain an unrepentant PDP leader and key stakeholder,” Fayose said in a Facebook post on Tuesday.

He suggested that despite their political differences, Tinubu was still deserving of his visit, noting that “politics should be about love for each other.”

“Health issues know no political party and in this part of the world, we seldom celebrate people when they are alive,” Fayose said. “Rather, we like to sign condolence registers. To me, that is not the best way to live.”

Fayose, perhaps, is the highest-profile opposition figure whose visit to the APC leader has been made public.
In February, the former Ekiti governor said he will never defect to the APC, insisting that the ruling party has nothing to offer him.

However, in 2009, he supported the APC governorship candidate in the state, Kayode Fayemi, against Segun One who was the candidate of the PDP.

“I’m over 60. What do I want to become? I was governor at 42. All the opportunities anybody could offer, PDP offered me,” Fayose said on Channels TV’s Sunday Politics in February.

“I will not go to APC. What is missing? Some people choose to be dishonourable. Not me. I will rather go and be the husband of my wife, Feyisetan Fayose, and my son.”

In an exclusive interview with Daily Independent in April, Fayose said he rejected overtures by Tinubu for him to join APC.

““In 2009, I supported Governor (Kayode) Fayemi openly. Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu did everything, asking me to come to APC but I said no,” he told Daily Independent.

https://guardian.ng/news/i-am-unrepentant-pdp-leader-fayose-says-after-visit-to-tinubu/?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&Echobox=1634114204

Na so Kayode talk

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by Sirjamo: 1:30pm On Oct 13, 2021
When Tinubu become president, you will defect with the speed of light

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by Maxymilliano(m): 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2021
This was how Fani-Kayode started, we now know better ...
Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by Kaybee14(m): 2:06pm On Oct 13, 2021
Time will tell.
Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by HeGeMon(m): 3:05pm On Oct 13, 2021
Trust no youruba man at the moment.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by dollynnn(f): 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2021
Fani Kayode said more than this and where is he now?
He is in their coven picking up the crumbs that fell from the tables of those he wrestled with..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by wunmi590(m): 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2021

I see nothing bad visiting Tinubu, but decamping to APC would be a disaster for him, because he would be dragged even more than FFK....

But I see him secretly drumming support for Tinubu for the presidency.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by ATEAMS: 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2021
Political freedom without economic equality is a pretense, a fraud, a lie; and the workers want no lying.

2 Likes

Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by money121(m): 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2021
Ok
Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by INTEGRITYA1(m): 3:12pm On Oct 13, 2021
Fayose have said it on several occasions that; he's a Yoruba man before being a politician. Omo Odua ataata.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by tolulope1990(m): 3:13pm On Oct 13, 2021
Ok
Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by Princeton92(m): 3:14pm On Oct 13, 2021
That's just the same thing the other ones said before cry
Na Una chorus!
Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by justking(m): 3:14pm On Oct 13, 2021
Who cares
Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by Fiscus105(m): 3:14pm On Oct 13, 2021
Political realignment before the D-Day, ur twin brother Fani-Kayode said more than this. Everybody is "tuale" for big masquerade. The few remaining recalcitrants will be blown away by multitude.

Just imagine the camp of Bode Gorge, Umahi, El rufai and co. Last last den go join bandwagon.

4 Likes

Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by fasho01(m): 3:14pm On Oct 13, 2021
You're one of the few who stood strong when pdp seemed to be headed for oblivion. However, I don't trust any politician so time will tell

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by Segzy22: 3:14pm On Oct 13, 2021
Na so FFK talk, we go soon dey sing one by one den don dey come

1 Like

Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by emmabest2000(m): 3:15pm On Oct 13, 2021
Dem package Tinubu with Adidas kits today
Tomorrow might be with Gucci kits or so I thought grin

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 13, 2021
grin

6 Likes

Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 13, 2021
Fayose is not hungry like the other man.

The praise singer and song writer of politicians.

5 Likes

Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by opribo(m): 3:16pm On Oct 13, 2021
Many said more than this yet they left to become slaves in a foreign land.
Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by Hemanwel(m): 3:16pm On Oct 13, 2021
I understand Fayose's position: He is a PDP member but welcomes the presidential ambition of his kinsman in the opposition.

Meaning that, despite being a member of the PDP, he is going to vote Asiwaju if he becomes the presidential candidate of the APC.

My inference, though!

7 Likes

Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by Nobody: 3:16pm On Oct 13, 2021
Asgard73

1 Like

Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by Echo50(m): 3:16pm On Oct 13, 2021
With good money, the table can be turned over at noon before the night hours.
Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by Thinktwicemybro: 3:17pm On Oct 13, 2021
The frog eye should forget the presidency, we don't want another yaradua case. Give presidency to the east or peacefully divide the country. The media attention he is enjoying now won't be this much by next year.

Re: I Am ‘Unrepentant PDP Leader,’ Fayose Says After Visit To Tinubu by McOluOmo: 3:17pm On Oct 13, 2021
We are watching

Guys wey no get girlfriend get peace of mind

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

We’ll Be Back In Four Years Time – Okupe / Showdown In Ekiti As Fayose Mobilises Okada Riders,nurtw / 10 Times EFCC Twitter Handle Gave Epic Replies (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.