Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,248 members, 7,860,573 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:51 PM

Please,help My Ignorance If You Know! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please,help My Ignorance If You Know! (690 Views)

Jonathan Feigns Ignorance Of Wife’s Whereabouts / The Value Of Our Naira! The Fall And My Ignorance / Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please,help My Ignorance If You Know! by 1luvkipsus: 7:47am On Jun 01, 2011
You re in your room waiting patiently for light (NEPA) after 1 or 2 days of interrupted power supply. U need to do ur cloths, or watch a movie, or freeze ur food, or charge ur phones or laptop,etc,and suddenly the light comes.'Up NEPA!!' u scream;u go 2 put on d electronics ,get ur cloths 2 iron,slug in d movie,etc,and d next thing?the light goes off, oh my God!u get so angry.u curse NEPA and vow never to pay d bill again.u are so angry with ursef,d govt and NEPA.u re so angry that u can't do ur cloths.u re angry dat ur foods and drinks re getting bad in the fridge.u re really angry,and it is well understood.but one thing that realy amazes me in all of these is the way this light goes off.is it a person who goes to switch off this light just after 5minutes or it goes off on its own?i don't imagine a sane man doing this.what do u think?how does NEPA bring and take light?
Re: Please,help My Ignorance If You Know! by Nobody: 7:52am On Jun 01, 2011
lol grin i also wanna know
Re: Please,help My Ignorance If You Know! by Nobody: 10:39am On Jun 01, 2011
Good one there!! Please i also want to know how nepa does this cos i dont think its a sane person who does the switching.
Re: Please,help My Ignorance If You Know! by otitokoro1: 10:54am On Jun 01, 2011
High;y intelligent question,

I once asked a friend of mine several years ago who was serving in NEPA Alausa then,

The answer he gave me was unsatisfactory, talking about bird mounting on wire, trees bridging the cable etc,
Re: Please,help My Ignorance If You Know! by Mynd44: 11:18am On Jun 01, 2011
I think sometime the transmission lines or some other stuff get faulty hence the blackout, then immediately it is fixed, another section develops a fault perhaps the fuse cos when the ones with the faults are fixed, the voltage that is supplied gets to its normal level which the transformers cannot handle so the fuses break and that will have to be fixed too. Just my opinion here but for the regular blackout, that is just rationing.
Re: Please,help My Ignorance If You Know! by Mynd44: 11:18am On Jun 01, 2011
I think sometime the transmission lines or some other stuff get faulty hence the blackout, then immediately it is fixed, another section develops a fault perhaps the fuse cos when the ones with the faults are fixed, the voltage that is supplied gets to its normal level which the transformers cannot handle so the fuses break and that will have to be fixed too. Just my opinion here but for the regular blackout, that is just rationing.
Re: Please,help My Ignorance If You Know! by Mynd44: 11:19am On Jun 01, 2011
Re: Please,help My Ignorance If You Know! by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 01, 2011
to my own understanding. they share the light according to charts which they draw with the amount of lights used on a transformer. so for example, if there want to give this particular place x megawatts, they balance it with the chart and give to them for like say 2 hours off it and give another group in the chat a particular megawatts as well. Most times when the power comes from oshogbo.(where the western part of the country get their lights from after it leaves kanji dam) they automate all the chats with the watts coming that day. some will see and some wont. so most times when the light turns on and turns off within sec. The light that was sent from oshogbo wasn't enough and because u are to have light that day it will just blink it.

The problem is the need to automate their machines to be sharing light according to how much they will generate a day. I dont think they are doing that or probably their systems are not updated. I was telling a friend of mine. We need national GPS and after that things will start getting to shape not only in the power sector.

I hope i helped a bit. I dont know about PHCN protocols, i am talking about NEPA then by the way but i think its the same.
Re: Please,help My Ignorance If You Know! by OAM4J: 8:25pm On Jun 01, 2011
Good question!

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu, Afenifere - Who Anchors South West Interests? / Bankole's Cross / Is This The Woman That Betrayed Femi Fani-kayode?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.