Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,402 members, 7,954,593 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:59 PM

Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati (19914 Views)

Patience Jonathan’s Look At Alamieyeseigha's Service Of Song (Pictured) / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death / Alamieyeseigha's Pardon: Bill Gates Cancels Trip To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Nobody: 9:40pm On Mar 16, 2013
Dr Reuben Abati while speaking about the state pardon granted to former Governor of Bayelsa state, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha described the widespread reaction to the pardon as ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’.

The President’s aide explained the constitutional procedure of state pardons and how the decision is reached not just by President but with members of the council of state, hence the utmost use of wisdom in reaching the final decision.

He noted that the conviction of a Nigerian does not mean that such an individual should be locked out of the society.

The state pardon, he claims is to help restore such convicts back in the society.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/03/16/nigerians-reaction-to-alams-pardon-is-sophisticated-ignorance-abati/

2 Likes

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by israel007: 9:43pm On Mar 16, 2013
Really? What would this double standard man not say for money!

12 Likes

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Wendyslim(f): 9:45pm On Mar 16, 2013
Mind you not only nigerians even united state were disappointed. So let him just go and sit somewhere

1 Like

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 16, 2013
Dr Reuben Abati while speaking about the state pardon granted to former Governor of Bayelsa state, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha described the widespread reaction to the pardon as ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’.

SMH for Reuben sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by aljharem(m): 9:49pm On Mar 16, 2013
abati !!!!! Haba

Yes you call Nigerians ignorant because the pardon was done by the executive council which is part of the constitution. Yes we know and Nigerians are not stu.pid

The bone of contention of why people are angry is the fact that

1. Only Alams was really pardon, the rest like Diya and co was all to play on Nigerians

2. It was the president that gave and influenced the ECOS to pardon a convicted corrupt personal

You see Abati, we know you are working for your money but money is not everything. There is MORE (a lot more) to life apart from chasing money of which when you die, your money would not follow you to the after life.

14 Likes

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Nobody: 9:53pm On Mar 16, 2013
alj harem: abati !!!!! Haba

You see Abati, we know you are working for your money but money is not everything. There is MORE (a lot more) to life apart from chasing money of which when you die, your money would not follow you to the after life.

may the gods take away from me anything that will make me turn out to be like Reuben. . . cry cry cry

22 Likes

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by mapet: 9:55pm On Mar 16, 2013
Abati has lost me for good
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by EKONGKING: 9:57pm On Mar 16, 2013
what money does to previously sane people undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Nobody: 9:57pm On Mar 16, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq1Rk-ZZdLE

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.”
― Mark Twain

At the end of the meeting of the NCS in Abuja on Tuesday, State House correspondents were not briefed on its outcome but sources at the meeting confirmed that the former governor was granted presidential pardon among some others whose names were presented to the council.

“Yes. It is true that presidential pardon was approved for the former governor at the meeting,” one of the state governors at the meeting, who pleaded anonymity, said.

But his position contradicted the position of his colleague from Adamawa State, Murtala Nyako, who claimed that no former governor’s name was mentioned at the meeting.

He however confirmed that the issue of “state pardon” was discussed.

Nyako, who spoke with some journalists in Hausa, said the Council deliberated on the possibility of granting state clemency to certain category of offenders both at state and federal levels.

“No such issue (pardon for errant governors) was discussed. I didn’t see the name of any governor. But we considered the issue of state pardon for people who committed certain offences.

“We observed that in cases of manslaughter, pardon for such should be handled by state governors if they are committed in such states. But if it is the case of armed robbery, the Council may decide to grant pardon or the matter could be referred to the President for his consideration,” Nyako said.

There was no official confirmation on the matter at press time.
Source
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by aljharem(m): 9:58pm On Mar 16, 2013
greateros:

may the gods take away from me anything that will make me turn out to be like Reuben. . . cry cry cry

Amin my brother.
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by badassnigga(m): 10:16pm On Mar 16, 2013
this guy called abati is a joker.
has alam's stopped being a woman?

3 Likes

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by kokoA(m): 10:28pm On Mar 16, 2013
This guy insulted respected citizens of this country because of his daily bread?! Abati, do remember that your current friends will not hesitate to kick you out as soon as they are done with you. Then you will come back to your senses and realize the shame you have brought upon yourself. To think I used to like this guy those days on Patito's gang.. Smh!

3 Likes

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Nobody: 10:34pm On Mar 16, 2013
On this day and moment, I have just lost my respect for reuben abati. He has choose to remain on the side of negativity and the anals of history will never forgive him and may the cold fist of corruption snatch life away from him if at all he has any left. Amen

4 Likes

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by takedat(m): 10:37pm On Mar 16, 2013
"But you(Reuben) are as undisciplined as a roaring river, so thou(Reuben) shalt not excel............" Gen 49:4

Using such a puerile, undignified and an uncouth language on Nigerians in his attempt to defend an insensitive and rudderless action of government, speaks volume of an undisciplined, treacherous turncoat whose conscience is in tatters!

27 Likes

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by seanet02: 10:43pm On Mar 16, 2013
What a clown this abati is
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 16, 2013
Abati is now finished! There is no shame in his dictionary again. I used to read this guy along side notable columnists like Edwin Madunagu, Biodun Jeyifo and late Prof Sam Okoye's Science column in the Guardian. That same Abati is now a shameless vociferous defender of unspeakable impunity for what he would have otherwise condemned is heart rending. He was actually writing to be noticed and hired, neither for inspiring change nor based on principles or conviction.

4 Likes

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by lacasa: 12:13am On Mar 17, 2013
He insulted 150million nigerians or more angry

#.. Fresh Air !!!

2 Likes

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by EkoIle1: 12:26am On Mar 17, 2013
Are these clowns public servants or public abusers? Taxpayers pay these worthless clowns to serve them, but instead of serving,they abuse the tax payers with their actions and when the taxpayers complains, they insult and abuse the taxpayers.

Only in Nigeria...

4 Likes

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Nobody: 12:30am On Mar 17, 2013
Abati is a sophisticated turncoat, an embodiment of what is wrong with many African social critics. Throw them a few crumbs from the seat of power and watch them become the same people they used to criticize. I can't belief I wasted my valuable time reading his hollow columns in the Guardian.

2 Likes

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Rossikk(m): 12:32am On Mar 17, 2013
Eko Ile: Are these clowns public servants or public abusers? Taxpayers pay these worthless clowns to serve them, but instead of serving,they abuse the tax payers with their actions and when the taxpayers complains, they insult and abuse the taxpayers.

Only in Nigeria...

They think you're a worthless clown too so it's even.

1 Like

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Rossikk(m): 12:34am On Mar 17, 2013
Aigbofa: Abati is a sophisticated turncoat, an embodiment of what is wrong with many African social critics. Throw them a few crumbs from the seat of power and watch them become the same people they used to criticize. I can't belief I wasted my valuable time reading his hollow columns in the Guardian.

If YOU got into govt YOU would start to see many things DIFFERENTLY from the way you see them now that you are OUT of govt. NOT necessarily because you're a turncoat or a bad person, but because you'll be viewing things from a totally different ANGLE and PERSPECTIVE.

If you became CEO of a company, you would view things VERY DIFFERENTLY from the way you did when you were an INTERN at that company. By the time you're CEO for a month, the employees would come to see you as a vampire. You would come to see 3/4 of them as inefficient layabouts draining the company's resources. No more the sense of camaraderie and comradeship you had with the workers when you were one of them. You'd change even before you noticed it. This happens to 99% of people when they 'move up' in life. You'll be no different.

12 Likes

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by EkoIle1: 12:35am On Mar 17, 2013
Rossikk:

They think you're a worthless clown too so it's even.

You know this because you are a fly on their wall or you are they errand boy the send on STAR beer runs?

Speak for yourself you rabies infested bingo ....

What a bloody tampon twattt.

lmao

5 Likes

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Rossikk(m): 12:39am On Mar 17, 2013
Eko Ile:

You know this because you are a fly on their wall or you are they errand boy the send on STAR beer runs?

lmao

They DO see you as a worthless clown ranting like a drunk on NL. Surely you don't imagine they take YOU seriously? Riffraff like you? Don't make us laugh.

1 Like

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by EkoIle1: 12:47am On Mar 17, 2013
Rossikk:

They DO see you as a worthless clown ranting like a drunk on NL. Surely you don't imagine they take YOU seriously? Riffraff like you? Don't make us laugh.

lmao

2 Likes

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Rossikk(m): 12:52am On Mar 17, 2013
^^ Stay there imitating Anglo/American teenage insults at your old age and feeling funky with yourself.

It just makes you more of a riffraff not less.
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by EkoIle1: 1:00am On Mar 17, 2013
Rossikk: ^^ Stay there imitating Anglo/American teenage insults at your old age and feeling funky with yourself.

It just makes you more of a riffraff not less.

What a bloody tampon twattt. lmao
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Nobody: 1:01am On Mar 17, 2013
Aigbofa: Abati is a sophisticated turncoat, an embodiment of what is wrong with many African social critics. Throw them a few crumbs from the seat of power and watch them become the same people they used to criticize. I can't belief I wasted my valuable time reading his hollow columns in the Guardian.

You never read Animal Farm?

P.S: I saw some of his columns a few years back and I thought he was a very poor and inarticulate writer. I never understood what the hype over his writing "prowess" was.
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Nobody: 1:05am On Mar 17, 2013
Rossikk:

If YOU got into govt YOU would start to see many things DIFFERENTLY from the way you see them now that you are OUT of govt. NOT necessarily because you're a turncoat or a bad person, but because you'll be viewing things from a totally different ANGLE and PERSPECTIVE.

You know this because youve ever been in Govt?

1 Like

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Rossikk(m): 1:09am On Mar 17, 2013
This nairaland must be filled with SAINTS. I'm sure if any of these posters got a phone call from Aso Rock asking them to become presidential spokesmen, they would instantly turn down the job. Surely.

Or perhaps not?

1 Like

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Rossikk(m): 1:11am On Mar 17, 2013
kingoflag:

You know this because youve ever been in Govt?

I know this because I know people who HAVE been in govt and that's what they say. None of those folks are any less moral than you. But being in govt means there are a LOT of things you are forced to consider which you do not have to consider now that you are outside of it.
Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by taharqa: 1:17am On Mar 17, 2013
Wendyslim: Mind you not only nigerians even united state were disappointed. So let him just go and sit somewhere

SHUT that your sillly mouth there, you NITWIT. Which USA? Some of you are so stu.pid and damn Ignorant to booth. GOSH!!!

US Presidents have routinely given Pardons to more people with crimes far greater than those of Thief Alams, and in a few instance, in more morally periled circumstances. Hardly any of them have not given Pardons to less than a 100 CRIMINALS (Spies, tax cheats, fraudsters, corrupt persons, murderers, etc, including 'Prisoners of Conscience' of course). How many times has Nigeria, or any country for that matter, expressed 'disappointment' over such pardons??

Bill Clinton's last Executive action in Office (Jan 20, 2001) was to grant Pardon to a former Business partner of his who was linked to the (in)famous WhiteWaters Scandal ( a corruption case which even somehow roped Bill Clinton and his wife, Hillary) and also to his own Brother, who had been convicted of Cocaine Possession. Bill Clinton ended up granting I think almost 500 Presidential Pardons.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/1318811/Clinton-grants-pardon-for-his-drug-offending-brother.html

President Gerald Ford also granted Pardon to his immediate Boss and preceding President ( Richard Nixon) after the (in)famous WaterGate Scandal (a grand scheme that involved Perjury, Corruption etc at the highest levels of the US Govt); as a matter of fact, he granted the ex-President 'Unconditional Pardon' to prevent him from even been tried in the US Courts for his crimes!! Yea, that right: unlike Thief Alams that was even convicted in our own court, ex-President Nixon was 'forgiven of ALL his sins, known and unknown' by President Ford's Pardon which ensured that he couldn't even be prosecuted. These examples are in no way Exceptional in the history of the granting of Presidential Pardons in the USA. Is this the same country you are 'happy' is criticizing your own country for doing way less than what they have done at various times, including recently??

There is NOTHING wrong ordinarily in granting pardons to CRIMINALS, afterall, Pardons are meant for Sinners and not Saints. GEJ's Pardon to Thief Alams is only wrong to the extent of the peculiar situation of Nigeria ie the Perception it gives about the ongoing 'Fight on Corruption'; and I agree completely on this grounds with people who have criticized this particular decision of GEJ, esp as Perception could often times be as powerful as Reality. However, I insist that we can criticize the decision without further 'foooling' ourselves and taking thrash from HYPOCRITES who do even 'worse' in this respect.

The USA should keep SHUT on this issue; if they dont, then we ought to remind them to so do.

13 Likes

Re: Reaction To Alamieyeseigha’s Pardon Is ‘Sophisticated Ignorance’ - Abati by Rossikk(m): 1:19am On Mar 17, 2013
^^ May your days be long.

I honestly don't know what sort of education our people receive these days, when they are so naive, gullible and trusting of countries like the USA. Even in these days of the internet when one can easily research the activities of these countries for free, someone can just come out and make a peabrained comment like ''even the USA is disappointed!''. It's so embarrassing my brother.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wike And PDP Members Dispel Protesting APC Members In Rivers State / Anti-Buni Governors Plan To Revolt Against Buhari At APC Convention / List Of People Killed In Southern Kaduna 13/12/2022 Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.