Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:22 AM

When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? (6179 Views)

Actress, Ejiro Okurame Regrets Acting Unclad In Movies / When Will Nollywood Give Us Their Own Season Films / Best Action Movies Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by Dorisy(f): 2:00am On Jun 02, 2011
Whenever I watch hollywood action movies like X-Men, Clash of the Titans, Pirates of the Carribean, A-Team, Enermy of the State, Matrix and so on, I begin to wonder when our own Nollywood actors and actresses will start acting professional movies like these. All of them are so fat, they can't even carry themselves anymore, they even carry pot bellies about when making advert on TV. See Angelina Jolie for example, mother of 6 children looking like a high school sweetheart. Can someone tell me when our own nollywood actors and actresses will begin to act professional movies? I am tired of seeing the same story line of nollywood movies everyday, movie lovers in Nigeria want something new, what they are acting now is the same old rituals, the same old love stories (the romance are not even touching the heart anyway)
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by Nobody: 3:09am On Jun 02, 2011
HOPEFULLY NEVER if it is the same garbage as the one we see these days!
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by iyatrustee(f): 11:59am On Jun 03, 2011
hopefully never. they would disappoint you if they ever produce one. lets just leave them with their love and witchcraft scripts cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by xanadu101(m): 12:01pm On Jun 03, 2011
they'll start acting action films when it would be legal 4 u & i to own a GUN. raff4.  tongue
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by OAM4J: 12:03pm On Jun 03, 2011
Is it compulsory for them to do so?
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by VALIDATOR: 12:04pm On Jun 03, 2011
@OP,
Why should we shoot action movies? Do we have to copy everything from there? We have cultures too that we can showcase the positive side of to the world. You try to be like somebody else and you will never be great.
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by enkoby: 12:18pm On Jun 03, 2011
Dorisy:

Whenever I watch hollywood action movies like X-Men, Clash of the Titans, Pirates of the Carribean, A-Team, Enermy of the State, Matrix and so on, I begin to wonder when our own Nollywood actors and actresses will start acting professional movies like these. All of them are so fat, they can't even carry themselves anymore, they even carry pot bellies about when making advert on TV. See Angelina Jolie for example, mother of 6 children looking like a high school sweetheart. Can someone tell me when our own nollywood actors and actresses will begin to act professional movies? I am tired of seeing the same story line of nollywood movies everyday, movie lovers in Nigeria want something new, what they are acting now is the same old rituals, the same old love stories (the romance are not even touching the heart anyway)

angelina jolie adopted all those kids you are seeing o.
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by mallorca(m): 12:30pm On Jun 03, 2011
OAM4J:

Is it compulsory for them to do so?
i wonder o
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by saintneo(m): 12:40pm On Jun 03, 2011
xanadu101:

they'll start acting action films when it would be legal 4 u & i to own a GUN. raff4.  tongue
That's the koko . . .
VALIDATOR:

@OP,
Why should we shoot action movies? Do we have to copy everything from there? We have cultures too that we can showcase the positive side of to the world. You try to be like somebody else and you will never be great.
sorry, we have action culture . . . . visit Niger Delta creeks or Boko Haram enclaves . . . . . . furthermore, the recent crisis in the North in which corps members lost their lives is a good story to work on - even pre-Biafra pogroms. It will bring about the exposure of the evil men in Nigeria.
enkoby:

Don't mind the poster? On a good day, give me Mercy Johnson, Ini Edo and Mary Remmy; and I'll buy you a bottle of beer.
iyatrustee:

hopefully never. they would disappoint you if they ever produce one. lets just leave them with their love and witchcraft scripts cheesy cheesy cheesy
[flash=425,349]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BymeLkZ7GqM[/flash]Who killed captain Alex?
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 03, 2011
witchcraft is our own contemporary action.

1 Like

Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by oladayo042: 1:22pm On Jun 03, 2011
enkoby:

She gave birth to three (Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt, Knox Léon Jolie-Pitt, and Vivienne Marcheline Jolie-Pitt) and adopted three (Maddox Chivan Jolie-Pitt, Pax Thien Jolie-Pitt, and Zahara Marley Jolie-Pitt). Get the facts right

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angelina_Jolie

VALIDATOR:

@OP,
So our culture is all about withcraft and faded love stories? We dont have to copy them, we just have to improve. Have you ever seen someone shoot in Nollywood movies? It looks stu.pid and arkward. We have to step up the game and stop overacting a particular script.
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by AfriWorld: 1:32pm On Jun 03, 2011
Hi All. . . To answer your question "When will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies", (or better yet, first rephrase the question to a preferable version - "When will Original & Astounding Action Movies be produced by Nigerian/African Directors,Producer,Actors?"wink; the answer? - THIS YEAR 2011. We are working on it, but before we can release any such movies, we have to ensure all ends are covered for us to recoup our investors' investment; Piracy is a big issue, and makes it hard for that to happen, so we are underground putting things in place, and lobbying with the government to fight it. By the end of this year everyone will see the results - and that will coincide with the release of our first "African" produced action movie.

It IS compulsory for Original Action movies to be produced; the customers/audience demand it, and are the ones who pay for the movies; the audience is tired of the "same old" stuff, so in order for the entertainment industry not to "rot & die" (which is already happening), new material needs to be fed in. In order for the African entertainment Industry to remain competitive with the rest of the world, we have to align ourselves with the technology & skills that exist in that field, and recognize that the audience are important deciding factors of the productions process, then use the tech/skills to meet the demands of the customer (audience) . . . else you would basically be producing a movie for you and yourself alone (maybe your family too) to watch. How would that benefit you as a producer/investor? smiley.

Current producers/actors/writers just get a script "they" like, and make a film without considering much of how the audience feel about it, or how the audience will receive it; it works for them now, and they are making money short-term (just because people have to watch something right?), but believe us when we say "its only short lived". Piracy is to blame too, because the current producer/actors want to make money, so why spend so much on a good film, only for pirates to have a happy day collecting the returns?

With the birth of new-age & upcoming Nigerian/African Directors & Producers who are trying to release new material (and are doing an OK job, but still need to do A LOT of work), people are now a bit interested in going to cinemas to watch those "new-age" movies.

Lets leave with a question - "Why do you think people/the audience prefer to watch an American or Indian movie released in theaters/cinemas as opposed to a Nigerian one?" (Whoever gives a correct answer will get a spot in one of our movies currently being planned/developed - just kidding smiley  )
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Jun 03, 2011
Comparative quality.
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by Thirst4Lif: 1:36pm On Jun 03, 2011
HOPEFULLY NEVER if it is the same garbage as the one we see these days!

SO true!
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by delicious1(m): 1:50pm On Jun 03, 2011
People all over Africa love the movies though. Maybe because they can relate to some of the morals of the stories being told.

But to your question, there should be a standard in the industry. Professionals should replace the amateur movie producers who shoot straight to DVDs (Part 1- 10) in one week!

It should be all about quality, not quantity.
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by redfred(m): 1:53pm On Jun 03, 2011
, who knows, when all they do is recycle the storyline that are existing,
Even the same stories are not make believes, MayGodHelpUs embarassed sad
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by vislabraye(m): 1:59pm On Jun 03, 2011
HAvent you been seeing action movies ? what of the ones Gentle Jack , Saint Obi acts ?

We have Nolly wood version of Romeo must die; Bourse Supremacy et al. grin
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by yaris(m): 2:04pm On Jun 03, 2011
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by gistar(m): 2:27pm On Jun 03, 2011
action movies, lemme see!!!!!! the year 2100? we'll probably be dead by then so we wouldn't know, cos they ought to av 'upped' their game by now already, don't u think?
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by anishe(m): 2:29pm On Jun 03, 2011
Dem go fit? They are not doing any form of research or study. What Nollywood's producers know best to do is to run after actresses for sex before giving such actress a role to play in movies. How then will they be able to produce action film.
Please, continue watching their washy washy yeye films.
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by kokoye(m): 2:53pm On Jun 03, 2011
Dorisy:

. . . All of them are so fat, they can't even carry themselves anymore, they even carry pot bellies about when making advert on TV. See Angelina Jolie for example, mother of 6 children looking like a high school sweetheart. . .

Could this be the main reason behind this thread of yours?

Pele o, skinny girl
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by otiigba1(m): 2:55pm On Jun 03, 2011
AfriWorld:

Hi All. . . To answer your question "When will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies", (or better yet, first rephrase the question to a preferable version - "When will Original & Astounding Action Movies be produced by Nigerian/African Directors,Producer,Actors?"wink; the answer? - THIS YEAR 2011. We are working on it, but before we can release any such movies, we have to ensure all ends are covered for us to recoup our investors' investment; Piracy is a big issue, and makes it hard for that to happen, so we are underground putting things in place, and lobbying with the government to fight it. By the end of this year everyone will see the results - and that will coincide with the release of our first "African" produced action movie.

It IS compulsory for Original Action movies to be produced; the customers/audience demand it, and are the ones who pay for the movies; the audience is tired of the "same old" stuff, so in order for the entertainment industry not to "rot & die" (which is already happening), new material needs to be fed in. In order for the African entertainment Industry to remain competitive with the rest of the world, we have to align ourselves with the technology & skills that exist in that field, and recognize that the audience are important deciding factors of the productions process, then use the tech/skills to meet the demands of the customer (audience) . . . else you would basically be producing a movie for you and yourself alone (maybe your family too) to watch. How would that benefit you as a producer/investor? smiley.

Current producers/actors/writers just get a script "they" like, and make a film without considering much of how the audience feel about it, or how the audience will receive it; it works for them now, and they are making money short-term (just because people have to watch something right?), but believe us when we say "its only short lived". Piracy is to blame too, because the current producer/actors want to make money, so why spend so much on a good film, only for pirates to have a happy day collecting the returns?

With the birth of new-age & upcoming Nigerian/African Directors & Producers who are trying to release new material (and are doing an OK job, but still need to do A LOT of work), people are now a bit interested in going to cinemas to watch those "new-age" movies.

Lets leave with a question - "Why do you think people/the audience prefer to watch an American or Indian movie released in theaters/cinemas as opposed to a Nigerian one?" (Whoever gives a correct answer will get a spot in one of our movies currently being planned/developed - just kidding smiley  )
this is just a long story nigerians are not and will never be capable of acting like hollywoods actors i ve watch the so called nollywood movies they are all craps, they all seem to be copying each other some times the actors keep repeating the same word its rubbish and why call it nolywoods anyway? instead of african movies sounds like they are copying holywood its embarassing they could never match up with holywood movies not in 10 million years  angry angry angry angry
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by otiigba1(m): 3:03pm On Jun 03, 2011
VALIDATOR:

@OP,
if we shouldnt copy them why call it nollywood? sounds like copying hollywood to me!! i have a very serious problem with this angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by otiigba1(m): 3:12pm On Jun 03, 2011
every body seems to be acting in nigeria i travelled to nigeria not long ago and one of my old friend we used to do bus conductor together when i asked him what he does these days, he said he is an actor, lol!! with no experience whatsoever
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by Orikinla(m): 3:16pm On Jun 03, 2011
There are action movies in Nollywood.

Dangerous Men by Nigerian American Gugu Michaels is showing at the Silverbird Cinemas in Nigeria and Ghana from June 10, 2011.

See the thread on
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-515751.32.html

Vigilante is another Nigerian action movie by Afolabi Adesanya produced in 1989.
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by MMM2(m): 3:41pm On Jun 03, 2011
next 20yrs.
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by VALIDATOR: 3:47pm On Jun 03, 2011

sorry, we have action culture . . . . visit Niger Delta creeks or Boko Haram enclaves . . . . . . furthermore, the recent crisis in the North in which corps members lost their lives is a good story to work on - even pre-Biafra pogroms. It will bring about the exposure of the evil men in Nigeria.

@saintneo,
Thank you so much for this post. I agree with action movie NIGERIAN STYLE AND CONTENT. Things that our people and children can relate with.
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jun 03, 2011
not a bad idea [Action movies in Nollywood]
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by Dsense(m): 4:41pm On Jun 03, 2011
Hey sweetie , what's good kiss

OP.

hOPEFULLY THEY DARE NOT ACTING ACTION MOVIE, . . . .Else i personally would charge then to court for the non-sense they have been showcasing way long and yet to upgrade the BS.
I stopped watching their BS since 2004 . .Just (Black Berry Babes) i saw two months ago . .and i have been rgreting the time i wasted on that craps. undecided
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by Fhemmmy: 4:52pm On Jun 03, 2011
When they stop all these there new found soft Indecency . . . . . . These days, you cant even watch their movies as a family time and watch with kids, cos it is all about x-rated stuff.
If they wanna copy America movies, they should at least do it well without being disgusting
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by Freemanalee(m): 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2011
Bro u don speak my mind o! I've been thinking about this for a whole lot of time. Do we even have role-leadin actors or actresses at all? Can U imagine Wesley Snipes actin a role with a pot belly? Or worst still, Sandra Bullock actin with an over-sized body? The only thing wey U fit see for Nollywood movies na only flashy clothes, flashy cars or flashy houses. Yeye. Mtchewwwwwww!

1 Like

Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by pelezico: 4:57pm On Jun 03, 2011
When will they start acting properly ??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Is The Best Dth Satellite Provider In Nigeria Apart From Dstv? / Download Free Beat : Nerro Beats-Loud-1 (Prod By Nerro Beats) / Zeeworld: Monday Update On Twist Of Fate Episode 60 - 61

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.