Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:33 PM

When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? (6188 Views)

Actress, Ejiro Okurame Regrets Acting Unclad In Movies / When Will Nollywood Give Us Their Own Season Films / Best Action Movies Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by cmezue: 2:33pm On Jun 04, 2011
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by Solozzo(m): 5:10pm On Jun 04, 2011
To me, it is not the " action" in the movie that matter but the capacity of the movie to recite a feeling of "realness" the quality of the acting that counts. There need not be physical fights in the films as such. Check out many of Oscar winning movies from abroad. These kinds of films cost a lot in terms of material resources and quality actors to make it real, eg james Cameron's Avatar or The Aviator.

Nigeria is not yet capable of these kind of films. So for now let us enjoy what is affordable. Maybe in the next 30-50 years perhaps. Think of how old Hollywood is!
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by hope2007(f): 5:39pm On Jun 04, 2011
Even in the days of silent movies Charlie Chaplin is more funny than our commedians of today eg Nkem Owoh and silent movies is close to 100 yrs old. Its not age of hollywood but talent and effort behind the movies that matters
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by Natasha2(f): 7:06pm On Jun 04, 2011
what? does this mean I'm the only one who has watched Nollywood action moviesĀ  shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by yoged(m): 7:58pm On Jun 04, 2011
Very simple question, 8points agenda, vision 2040, the annoying part of Nollywood movie be say, u don already sabi wetin go happen next and the outcome of the film, , no suspence, I prefer watching nollywood comedy films.( sanyeri. A yoruba actor.u ar too much.) ,
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by Nobody: 4:04am On Jun 05, 2011
i would like to see the day they will start making some legit quality p o r n o for adults only ofcourse! anyone? or am i the only one that likes to see chook chook
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by ladykool(f): 4:09am On Jun 05, 2011
oh Lord, Please i dont want them to start action movies, besides i swear they do action movies but just few and IT IS ABSOLUTELY CRAP!!!!! they should just stick to romance, drama, comedy and whatever they are good at but not action oo please!!
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by namski(m): 10:58am On Jun 05, 2011
Action Movies! Did I read you well? Anyway the simple answer is never. Just trying to play back a nollywood action movie in my mind and just cant stop laughing at how 'mickey mousey' it would be. Just think about the type of stunts and all that. No Chance, better to stick to our schools drama kind of movies, at least we are now so used to the rubbish.
Re: When Will Nollywood Start Acting Action Movies? by vislabraye(m): 9:43pm On Jun 05, 2011
Nolly wood would need some expert training- cameras and stuntmen. And I dont see or I'm yet to know any Niger stuntman. Every thing balls down to cash,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Oscars, 2010 Live Coverage And Results / Zeeworld: Monday Update On Twist Of Fate Episode 60 - 61 / Which Is The Best Dth Satellite Provider In Nigeria Apart From Dstv?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.