Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,085 members, 7,814,755 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:06 PM

Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage (47517 Views)

SARS Officers Shoot 2 Robbers Dead In Igando, Lagos (Photos) / SARS Officers Shoot Shop Owner Dead In Lagos / SARS Officers Shoot Bus Driver In The Head At Point Range In Ikeja (Graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by prof2007: 10:45am On Oct 18, 2021
A Branch Manager with Wema Bank, Bamidele Ajala, has been shot by personnel of the Lagos State Environmental and Special Offences Enforcement Unit (task force) in Oshodi area of the state. PUNCH Metro gathered that the officers shot the 39-year-old in the hand while they were fleeing with a yet-to-be-identified LT commercial bus driver, who bashed his car.

Our correspondent learnt that the driver crashed into Ajala’s vehicle around Oshodi, inward Airport Road, last Tuesday. After the crash, the banker said the driver claimed he lost control of the vehicle when some area boys working with task force officials dragged steering with him to force him to stop. In the process, the driver rammed into Ajala’s Honda Accord and damaged one of the back doors.

The 39-year-old said he wanted to take the driver to a police station to report the case, but the task force officials refused. Ajala said, “The driver said the area boys usually worked with the task force officials to track down drivers and that it was when they were dragging his steering with him and pepper-sprayed his face that he rammed into my car.

“I told the driver that somebody has to be responsible for the damage to my car. The area boys wore mufti and I held the driver because the damage to my car was too much. So, the real task force officials came, asked why I held the driver’s trousers and I told them I wanted to take him to the police station to make an entry of the accident.

“The task force officials said they would handle it and I handed over the driver to them. The officials called the area boys to drive the commercial bus and the driver away, but when I realised that they were trying to escape with the driver, I ran into my car and caught up with them.”

The Kogi State indigene said when he asked where they were taking the driver to, one of the task force officials shot his right hand and the tyres of his vehicles. The victim, while demanding justice, said the officials protected the bus driver to prevent him from making a report that would indict them.

He said, “I said the driver needed to fix my car, but one of the task force officials slapped my face; my mouth peeled and I started bleeding. The task force official also went toward my car and used his AK-47 to shoot the two tyres on the passenger’s side. At this point, a mob had gathered and in a bid to disperse them, he started shooting and one of the bullets hit my upper left hand. He did all these to prevent me from double-crossing them as I did when they were escaping with the driver and the bus.

“My shirts and inner wears were soaked with blood after being shot, but people rushed me to the Kupa Hospital on Ajao Estate, from where I was referred to the Airforce Hospital in Ikeja for further treatment. I want justice. The task force officials knew if I was able to take the commercial driver to the station, he would mention their names.”

An x-ray conducted on Ajala and sighted by PUNCH Metro showed a bullet in the victim’s left hand. A spokesperson for the task force, Raheem Gbadeyinka, said the task force did not operate in the area on the day of the incident.

“Not all policemen are part of the task force; there are some people who parade themselves as task force officials, but they are not. Regarding his case, it has to be proved beyond reasonable doubt that the policemen are actually task force men.”

SOURCE: https://punchng.com/fleeing-lagos-task-force-officers-shoot-banker-for-protesting-car-damage/

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by Fahdiga(m): 10:49am On Oct 18, 2021
This Omonile people can do the unthinkable. Nigeria is a jungle

109 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by UBER99Sam: 10:52am On Oct 18, 2021
Na wa oh!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 18, 2021
Omo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by Naijanascam: 11:00am On Oct 18, 2021
As usual it can't be their member ......

and they don't operate on that route that day
Case closed?

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by tutudesz: 11:06am On Oct 18, 2021
Nigeria Police and bad news

125 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by Maxymilliano(m): 11:18am On Oct 18, 2021
A spokesperson for the task force, Raheem Gbadeyinka, said the task force did not operate in the area on the day of the incident.

“Not all policemen are part of the task force; there are some people who parade themselves as task force officials, but they are not. Regarding his case, it has to be proved beyond reasonable doubt that the policemen are actually task force men.”

How do you expect average Lagosians to build trust and confidence in the men of the taskforce with an unprofessional responses like this from a supposedly spokeperson of the force without any form of investigation

SMH angry

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by UBER99Sam: 11:27am On Oct 18, 2021
Here are some thoughts on this type of criminality....

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by UBER99Sam: 11:28am On Oct 18, 2021
Some more thoughts...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by DeFuturePresido: 11:33am On Oct 18, 2021
The Lagos State Government urgently needs to rein in these criminals in uniform!

13 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by Lanretoye(m): 11:37am On Oct 18, 2021
He has to prove beyound reasonable doubt that he was shot otlr that his car was bashed?...lets pray for the spokesperson to die by fire un Jesus name.
Only God will deliver us from ourselves.

31 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by treesun: 11:38am On Oct 18, 2021
prof2007:
A Branch Manager with Wema Bank, Bamidele Ajala, has been shot by personnel of the Lagos State Environmental and Special Offences Enforcement Unit (task force) in Oshodi area of the state. PUNCH Metro gathered that the officers shot the 39-year-old in the hand while they were fleeing with a yet-to-be-identified LT commercial bus driver, who bashed his car.

Our correspondent learnt that the driver crashed into Ajala’s vehicle around Oshodi, inward Airport Road, last Tuesday. After the crash, the banker said the driver claimed he lost control of the vehicle when some area boys working with task force officials dragged steering with him to force him to stop. In the process, the driver rammed into Ajala’s Honda Accord and damaged one of the back doors.

The 39-year-old said he wanted to take the driver to a police station to report the case, but the task force officials refused. Ajala said, “The driver said the area boys usually worked with the task force officials to track down drivers and that it was when they were dragging his steering with him and pepper-sprayed his face that he rammed into my car.

“I told the driver that somebody has to be responsible for the damage to my car. The area boys wore mufti and I held the driver because the damage to my car was too much. So, the real task force officials came, asked why I held the driver’s trousers and I told them I wanted to take him to the police station to make an entry of the accident.

“The task force officials said they would handle it and I handed over the driver to them. The officials called the area boys to drive the commercial bus and the driver away, but when I realised that they were trying to escape with the driver, I ran into my car and caught up with them.”

The Kogi State indigene said when he asked where they were taking the driver to, one of the task force officials shot his right hand and the tyres of his vehicles. The victim, while demanding justice, said the officials protected the bus driver to prevent him from making a report that would indict them.

He said, “I said the driver needed to fix my car, but one of the task force officials slapped my face; my mouth peeled and I started bleeding. The task force official also went toward my car and used his AK-47 to shoot the two tyres on the passenger’s side. At this point, a mob had gathered and in a bid to disperse them, he started shooting and one of the bullets hit my upper left hand. He did all these to prevent me from double-crossing them as I did when they were escaping with the driver and the bus.

“My shirts and inner wears were soaked with blood after being shot, but people rushed me to the Kupa Hospital on Ajao Estate, from where I was referred to the Airforce Hospital in Ikeja for further treatment. I want justice. The task force officials knew if I was able to take the commercial driver to the station, he would mention their names.”

An x-ray conducted on Ajala and sighted by PUNCH Metro showed a bullet in the victim’s left hand. A spokesperson for the task force, Raheem Gbadeyinka, said the task force did not operate in the area on the day of the incident.

SOURCE: https://punchng.com/fleeing-lagos-task-force-officers-shoot-banker-for-protesting-car-damage/

The case will be swept under carpet, if it was Ajala that hit their car, the spokes man would have fill everywhere with the news. They are trying to protect them, if the bullet has hit him to kill him, he would have been tagged yahoo boy or armed robber. CP Odumosu who have come on air to announce their great achievement. He should thank God he is alive to tell his story. Reason why #Endsars will be with us for along while unless, government do something meaningful.

Lalasticlala.

31 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by kingphilip(m): 3:33pm On Oct 18, 2021
Small power like this people go de misuse am

In a bid to exonerate themselves they're bringing out this excuse.

I hope he can get one of the policemen name and also the vehicle number for easy tracking of the individuals involved.

If punishment is not meted out, be sure this is only the beginning.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:34pm On Oct 18, 2021
He said, “I said the driver needed to fix my car, but one of the task force officials slapped my face; my mouth peeled and I started bleeding. The task force official also went toward my car and used his AK-47 to shoot the two tyres on the passenger’s side. At this point, a mob had gathered and in a bid to disperse them, he started shooting and one of the bullets hit my upper left hand
He should be made to face the consequences of his wicked and devilish act.

We Rise.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:34pm On Oct 18, 2021
kingphilip:
Small power like this people go de misuse am
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts Absolutely!!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by JackDaAlienz(m): 3:34pm On Oct 18, 2021
No
Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by Elchele(m): 3:35pm On Oct 18, 2021
Crazy
Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by Goldenheart(m): 3:35pm On Oct 18, 2021
angry
Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by Princeadebayo11(m): 3:35pm On Oct 18, 2021
Some days to ENDSARS anniversary, and Lagos taskforce are about to ignite a fire they can't wait to quench.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by SecretReporter(f): 3:35pm On Oct 18, 2021
H
Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by olisefom: 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2021
Nigerians are more wicked than their leaders

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by Kingpele(m): 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2021
U Don mean it ,this is why I don't quarrel with anyone with gun ,the young man was lucky cos if the bullet touched his ribs ,it would have been something else..most of the police officers attached to all this taskforce feels invincible bcuz they can simply disappear or denial involvement ,life is bigger than material things of this world

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by Lumig: 3:36pm On Oct 18, 2021
Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by EjaikreTheViper(f): 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2021
Jobless Afonjas!

Agberoism is their other name

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by MVLOX(m): 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2021
I foresee an End SAR part 2

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by Optimistguy1969: 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2021
When will these bad news stop?

Animal naija police
Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by Sonnobax15(m): 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2021
undecided
For ordinary task force officer wey he b shocked

1 Like

Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by Covidodo: 3:37pm On Oct 18, 2021
Nawao
Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by MANNABBQGRILLS: 3:38pm On Oct 18, 2021
We love this......
Thanks for sharing UBER99Sam.....

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos Task Force Officers Shoot Banker For Protesting Car Damage by Gentew(m): 3:38pm On Oct 18, 2021
Naijanascam:
As usual it can't be their member ......

and they don't operate on that route that day
Case closed?

This Country.... I don't even know what to say.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See What Happened To My Generator When I checked This Morning / Derico Nwamama: Notorious Criminal Who Terrorised South-Eastern Nigeria / Tanker Driver Slumps, Dies In Lover’s Lagos Apartment (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.