Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,480 members, 7,830,418 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy (43029 Views)

Help!!! I Can't Manage My New Puppy / What's The Specie And Breed Of This Puppy? / Should I Kill This Puppy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by harmargedon: 5:00pm On Nov 01, 2021
TheLoanGuy:
I'll share that soon.

The vet said I should give him a thorough bath and said it was mange, before applying the lotion and cream I got. I haven't bathed for him since I brought him from my parent's place and I doubt he has bathed since he was born.
the problem majorly for hair loss is lack of grooming. The hair eventually tangles with one another, and after a while it will fall off leaving a big patch. It could also arise from skin irritation, so regular oiling with coconut oil will be good. You can also get zito oil boosters to help with good hair growth. But go with the vet's solution first.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by harmargedon: 5:03pm On Nov 01, 2021
TheLoanGuy:
He's doing really good. I took him for his 2nd shot today.

The Vet says he's most likely going to be am aggressive dog because he was restless and wanted to bite the vet when he was giving him his shot.
try you best to ensure that he isn't agressive but territorial. Because it tells a lot about the owner. Agressive dogs are poorly trained dogs, they don't listen to commands and they are dangerous even to it's owner.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by harmargedon: 5:13pm On Nov 01, 2021
TheLoanGuy:
I'll share that soon.

The vet said I should give him a thorough bath and said it was mange, before applying the lotion and cream I got. I haven't bathed for him since I brought him from my parent's place and I doubt he has bathed since he was born.
is the spot spreading or in different locations?
Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by TheLoanGuy: 5:23pm On Nov 01, 2021
harmargedon:
is the spot spreading or in different locations?
It's appearing in different locations.
Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by TheLoanGuy: 5:25pm On Nov 01, 2021
harmargedon:
try you best to ensure that he isn't agressive but territorial. Because it tells a lot about the owner. Agressive dogs are poorly trained dogs, they don't listen to commands and they are dangerous even to it's owner.
So how do I train him not to become aggressive, the other day I put a leash on his collar and it wasn't a funny matter at all. He wasn't willing to move or go to anywhere I wanted him to, although it seemed like he wanted to pee because after I left him, that's what he did. When I put the leash back again. He wasn't having any of it.

How do I train him to listen?

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by akoniyong: 8:22pm On Nov 01, 2021
I'm Glad to hear your Pup is doing fine. . The chances of puppy surviving Parvovirus is very very slim. Congratulations Bruh. Please limit where he roams about. I'll advise u get him a house. You only free him on few occasions with close monitoring. Dogs are Man Best friend I swear. Jax and Zoey taking Kinetic Energy from the scorching sun ⛅

10 Likes

Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by harmargedon: 9:02pm On Nov 01, 2021
TheLoanGuy:
So how do I train him not to become aggressive, the other day I put a leash on his collar and it wasn't a funny matter at all. He wasn't willing to move or go to anywhere I wanted him to, although it seemed like he wanted to pee because after I left him, that's what he did. When I put the leash back again. He wasn't having any of it.

How do I train him to listen?
To prevent your dog from being aggressive, you must socialize it with friends/family/children. Take him for walks regularly.
To teach him basic commands, you should start by rewarding him with a treat (meat/fish/crackers biscuits) avoid sweet biscuits and anyone with chocolate. You can start the training by telling him to sit, teach him by gently pushing his waist down. When this is achieved, give him the biscuits.
For the collar, make wearing it fun for him. Put it on him always, so he'll get used to it. Then let him understand that he can only go out with you if he has the leash on.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by TheLoanGuy: 2:44pm On Nov 02, 2021
akoniyong:
I'm Glad to hear your Pup is doing fine. . The chances of puppy surviving Parvovirus is very very slim. Congratulations Bruh. Please limit where he roams about. I'll advise u get him a house. You only free him on few occasions with close monitoring. Dogs are Man Best friend I swear. Jax and Zoey taking Kinetic Energy from the scorching sun ⛅
Your dogs are really doing well boss. Caucasians abi.

I bathed my puppy for the first time today as suggested, omo he bit me o.

Thanks for the supplies and support once again.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by TheLoanGuy: 2:46pm On Nov 02, 2021
harmargedon:
To prevent your dog from being aggressive, you must socialize it with friends/family/children. Take him for walks regularly.
To teach him basic commands, you should start by rewarding him with a treat (meat/fish/crackers biscuits) avoid sweet biscuits and anyone with chocolate. You can start the training by telling him to sit, teach him by gently pushing his waist down. When this is achieved, give him the biscuits.
For the collar, make wearing it fun for him. Put it on him always, so he'll get used to it. Then let him understand that he can only go out with you if he has the leash on.
I stay alone so there's hardly anyone he can play with asides from me or when my family visit. I want him to complete his vaccination before I take him out for walks.

I gave him his first bath today, it wasn't a funny matter.

2 Likes

Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by harmargedon: 8:41pm On Nov 02, 2021
TheLoanGuy:
I stay alone so there's hardly anyone he can play with asides from me or when my family visit. I want him to complete his vaccination before I take him out for walks.

I gave him his first bath today, it wasn't a funny matter.
that's how it is always, even when they are fully grown. Mine disappears anytime she sees her towel.

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by tonididdy(m): 12:23am On Nov 03, 2021
Is there really any fog poop that doesn't smell? undecided

Well I did notice my dogs poop changed when I started feeding it noodles.... It was always watery and greyish but his energy level is always 100 regardless, then for a day I switched back to his usual 100% meat meal and the poop came back solid.

So watery poop could be due to food type

5 Likes

Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by thickkpomo(m): 12:36am On Nov 03, 2021
tonididdy:

Is there really any fog poop that doesn't smell? undecided

Well I did notice my dogs poop changed when I started feeding it noodles.... It was always watery and greyish but his energy level is always 100 regardless, then for a day I switched back to his usual 100% meat meal and the poop came back solid.

So watery poop could be due to food type
boss
Wetin sup yesterday
Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by akoniyong: 3:12am On Nov 03, 2021
TheLoanGuy:
Your dogs are really doing well boss. Caucasians abi.

I bathed my puppy for the first time today as suggested, omo he bit me o.

Thanks for the supplies and support once again.

Lol. Welcome to the Family Brother. Nahh, those are Long Coated showline GSD's from The Tox Anaketzra.

UWC Bruh

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by TheLoanGuy: 8:33pm On Nov 08, 2021
Rocky thinking he's sleek.

His ears are now "standing" not sure if that's the word, compared to when he was a 9 weeks.

6 Likes

Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by TheLoanGuy: 6:23pm On Dec 24, 2021
It's been awhile since I updated the thread.

Rocky is four months now.

Pictures taken today.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 24, 2021
Eliminate it
Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by karlnomarx: 8:35pm On Dec 24, 2021
angry

So sorry bro...
Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by adecz: 8:37pm On Dec 24, 2021
❗️❌❓❗️
Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by OgunkeelAllMod: 8:38pm On Dec 24, 2021
Wetin do the puppy
Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by thundafire: 8:39pm On Dec 24, 2021
TheLoanGuy:
Omo that would be so sad, the poop smells moderately. Although, I suspect parvo might be the case but the vet says we should keep watching.

The puppy is very active and playful, it shows no sign of weakness except when it sleeps. In fact most of the night it parades the house and chews on anything.
why feed it with all this meals and not dog food in cans. That ur vet no Sabi anything u need to start treatment oh that's how a drunkard of a vet killed my cousin dog with such excuses oh and gave it overdose

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by Matinho: 8:39pm On Dec 24, 2021
Stop giving him egg,chicken,custard. Na human food be dat and its not meant for dogs.Go shoprite and buy real food for him.
Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by BerrykissAkah: 8:40pm On Dec 24, 2021
TheLoanGuy:
Omo thanks a lot, I really appreciate it. I am not doing it for business but to keep as a pet/security.

We can discuss further on WhatsApp. .... Let me know when you've copied the number, so I can remove it.

Pls, I need your phone number. Here is mine 08050458204
Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by sisisioge: 8:41pm On Dec 24, 2021
Awwwww....baby embarassed
Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 24, 2021
akoniyong:

What I normally do is, before I feed my dog, I put her in a cage, give her food and at exactly 20 minute after, I withdraw both the plate and water. I wait for another 10 minute and when I go to pick her back to my room, she has already poo. She will not poo till the following day, she walks into my room as if she pays rent self
Una dey try o
Asin I go sleep peacefully with the knowledge of a dog around me..chai...ordinary ekita dey fear not to talk of those big ones

3 Likes

Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 24, 2021
jessejagga:

True sha... But i have this stubborn lhasa training it on potty o but when the dog is angry he likes to pee and poo on bed...mainly if u go out without taking him along
Will love to train dog one day

1 Like

Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by NohurryInLife: 8:49pm On Dec 24, 2021
kekakuz:
I just locked my GSd out this evening. Am fed up. I no just wan kill am or sell am. I locked it out. Hoping the dog will just walk away
Wetin the dog do you bro??
grin grin grin grin
Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by OgunkeelAllMod: 8:50pm On Dec 24, 2021
Longsleeve:
Mixed Rottweiler..not Mixed GSD
dont mind him, that puppy looks nothing like a mixed German Shepherd undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by Ashley86400: 8:50pm On Dec 24, 2021
TheLoanGuy:
Omo that would be so sad, the poop smells moderately. Although, I suspect parvo might be the case but the vet says we should keep watching.

The puppy is very active and playful, it shows no sign of weakness except when it sleeps. In fact most of the night it parades the house and chews on anything.

If it’s parvo it will be vomiting as well.
It’s probably something that doesn’t agree with it’s stomach.
Stop feeding it eggs. Get some real dog chow from the vet. If you buy dog canned meat. Divide into three and feed the dog each section with white rice. Cover the can back with the tin cover and refrigerate it till next time.

For the poop, wait till the dog is stable and no longer has diarrhea then immediately start potty training it.
Each time the dog poops (solid poops), move the poop to the area you want the dog to always poop.
Let the poop stay there all day so the dog can keep sniffing the poop in that particular area.
Do this for a week and the dog should always associate that spot with poops.
It sounds gross keeping the poop there but that’s the way even dog trainers do it.
Do not beat the dog or vent out your frustration on it when it poops. Let it know in the stern voice that you’re not pleased. Then move the poop.

Have a nice day.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by frugal(m): 8:51pm On Dec 24, 2021
jessejagga:

True sha... But i have this stubborn lhasa training it on potty o but when the dog is angry he likes to pee and poo on bed...mainly if u go out without taking him along

Revenge poop grin

6 Likes

Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by ShitStain(m): 8:52pm On Dec 24, 2021
ANDREW91:

Una dey try o
Asin I go sleep peacefully with the knowledge of a dog around me..chai...ordinary ekita dey fear not to talk of those big ones

Lol...fear fear
Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by Nyanabo(m): 8:52pm On Dec 24, 2021
I think you Vet would be in a better position to give you quality and professional advice. undecided
Re: Help! I Am About To Give Up On This Puppy by EM123: 8:55pm On Dec 24, 2021
Give the dog flagine , it will stop poing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Black Scorpion Eating A Cockroach In My Compound / Cats Cats Cats / My Guardian Dogs All Grown Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.