Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,169 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos (14539 Views)

House Of Representative Members Visit Tinubu In London (Photos) / Kwam1 And Adebayo Olasoju Visit Tinubu In London - photo / Gambari, Adamu, Ministers Visit Tinubu In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos by NewFolm4(m): 9:38pm On Oct 19, 2021
Leaders of Pan-Yoruba socio-political group, Afenifere, have paid a visit to a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, at his home in Lagos.

They include Afenifere leader, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, Chief Supo Sonibare, Oba Olaitan Oladipo, and retired Assistant Inspector General of Police, Tunji Alapini.

This is coming days after Tinubu returned from a medical trip to the United Kingdom where he underwent knee surgery.

The last time Tinubu and Adebanjo met was in April when the former Afenifere spokesman, Yinka Odumakin died.

Prior to the visit, Adebanjo had told PUNCH Online interview programme, The Roundtable that the reason why Tinubu has been silent on the herdsmen crisis is that he thinks the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), will make him his successor.

In another interview with SUNDAY PUNCH, Adebanjo stated that Buhari won’t hand over power to Tinubu, adding that they are both deceiving themselves.

He said, “I have said it openly before and I would say it again that Buhari is deceiving Tinubu and Tinubu is deceiving Buhari. I’m an old man and I’m a funeral candidate already, so quote me. If Tinubu contests the primary in APC today, he will fail.”

Adebanjo then advised Tinubu and other APC members from the South-West to leave the party in the interest of Yorubaland.

He said, “I have always told them, from Tinubu downwards, that it’s better they save themselves speedily. I’m talking to all of them, that in the interest of Yorubaland and the country, they should get out of the carcass they call APC. I made a public pronouncement that they were a conglomeration of incompatibles. It’s on record. I said it then and I’m still saying it now; if they don’t save themselves early enough, then they are ready for a disaster.”
https://punchng.com/adebanjo-other-afenifere-chieftains-visit-tinubu-in-lagos/

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos by helinues: 9:48pm On Oct 19, 2021
SWAGA preparation

Nice one

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 19, 2021
Yoruba should come together, be one whether pdp APC muslim Christian.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos by Sirjamo: 11:10pm On Oct 19, 2021
They should leave APC and go to PDP, where Wike is the personal lord and savior.

At 96, grand pa Adebanjo needs to stop granting interviews, baba is stuck in the AG UPN days. Asiwaju is the political leader of Yoruba land, others are just noise makers.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos by Lagosfinder(m): 11:12pm On Oct 19, 2021
Yoruba I'd one
Re: Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos by zombieHUNTER: 11:14pm On Oct 19, 2021
SlyDev:

Fake massacre, the one that happen in your backyard does not hurt? Awuku sars killings?
Yoruba forward never backward.

Yoruba Muslim friend
So how much did you collect from Buhari to be supporting evil meted out on the masses like this.. ..

These guys are sell outs..

Spits

6 Likes

Re: Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos by Jestin: 4:38am On Oct 20, 2021
Nigeria nor be Lagos
Re: Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos by stag: 4:38am On Oct 20, 2021
shocked Adebanjo visits Tinubu?!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos by WonderManly(m): 4:38am On Oct 20, 2021
What are they looking for now! Anyway...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos by leadedge: 4:40am On Oct 20, 2021
20-10-20 ===20-10-21
Re: Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos by ProfessorBerlin(m): 4:41am On Oct 20, 2021
Ladies and Gentlemen

Your incoming President

Tinubu Jagaban

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos by Samnavy: 4:44am On Oct 20, 2021
We are watching
Re: Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos by Cholls(m): 4:48am On Oct 20, 2021
WonderManly:
What are they looking for now! Anyway...
my brother they're building a legacy for their children...

15 Likes

Re: Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos by HajiMT: 4:57am On Oct 20, 2021
Jagaban!

12 Likes

Re: Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos by techWriter3: 5:00am On Oct 20, 2021
Nice gesture from Afenifere. Can Tinubu and "his people" reciprocate the kindness?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos by 4four(m): 5:03am On Oct 20, 2021
This branch of Afenifere being lead by adebanjo are created and sponsor by Tinubu his self to create a division among the Yoruba elders
Re: Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos by Nonybb: 5:23am On Oct 20, 2021
May God keep Pa AYO ADEBANJO

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos by RichDad1(m): 5:43am On Oct 20, 2021
Tinubu the Enigma.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos by RichDad1(m): 5:43am On Oct 20, 2021
techWriter3:
Nice gesture from Afenifere. Can Tinubu and "his people" reciprocate the kindness?
Tinubu visited him first around april.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adebanjo, Other Afenifere Chieftains Visit Tinubu In Lagos by danot1030: 5:57am On Oct 20, 2021
Synergy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amaechi: Why Presidency Wants My Removal As NGF Chairman / How Can Nigeria Produce An Ibo President? / Theophilus Danjuma Celebrates His 77th Birthday Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.