Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,741 members, 7,831,366 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) (21851 Views)

A Guest That Doesn't Want To Leave / Zimbabwean Woman Steals Husband's Money, Caught In Guest House With Boyfriend / Finally Joined Nairaland After Been A Guest Reader For 8 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by Kajaard: 4:59pm On Oct 20, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

You must story to tell ... Why

And why not? I see you posting your stories as well, has anyone of us told you to stop? Leave him and let him be.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by ETIIKO: 4:59pm On Oct 20, 2021
Bros you get it wrong, it depends on your approach to them, I have invited many to my house both male and female and we have a good conversation. =DoggoneDogg post=106907713]Na Jehovah Witness girls o.
Enter house dem no go enter but dem dey show every Sunday dey confuse man pikin. Waste of beauty walahi[/quote]
Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by Elsueno: 5:09pm On Oct 20, 2021
ETIIKO:
Bros you get it wrong, it depends on your approach to them, I have invited many to my house both male and female and we have a good conversation. =DoggoneDogg post=106907713]Na Jehovah Witness girls o.
Enter house dem no go enter but dem dey show every Sunday dey confuse man pikin. Waste of beauty walahi

Do dey dash u lots of fliers grin........ Personally I like them, they are good conversationists. I usually ask them all sort of wierd stuff like, do u watch anime? do u play video games grin
Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by Sonnobax15(m): 5:27pm On Oct 20, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

You must story to tell ... Why
grin grin
That's the way it is Bro cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by superCleanworks(m): 5:43pm On Oct 20, 2021
Many oh

I had one cousin who would not say a word all day. When we ask him if he is ready for his lunch he would say no. But na we com dey use our head dey set him food on table like that but before you go to the kitchen to get water and come back... The food is gone.

We had one village bros that would never go away when your visitor is around. That's when he would carry a book and come sit near you and your visitor forming reading then he will start contributing to the gist when no one asks him.

Dem plenty cos our house was like airport back then.

13 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by metalgear11(m): 5:45pm On Oct 20, 2021
I remember when I was still young, this was sometimes in 1998. My dad had been appointed as the sole administrator(i.e. chairman) of one of the local governments in our state under the then military administration. You know how some of these our old Yoruba elders can be sometimes - because one of their "sons of the land" is in a government position, they feel so entitled. This old man (I hear he has been late for a while now) usually came to our house almost every other day to see my dad. My pale man would give him some money, only for him to come again about three days later. This man will just siddon balance for our sitting room like he owned the place. There was a day my dad went to his station. He left around 7am. About 30 minutes later, this man came sauntering in. My dad had a few days earlier given my grandmum(may her soul rest in peace) some money to give this man, and here he was again. We told him dad was not at home as he had traveled and would not be back until very late, thinking he will go away as everyone was already fed up of him. Na so this man balance for chair, and sat there until my dad came back around 10pm. Immediately my dad came in and saw him - I guess he must have been very exhausted from his travels - he told the man to come with him and they marched out of the house. He later told us he lodged him in a guest house somewhere.

This went on until the end of my dad's tenure. That's when the old man's visits stopped. Our very next door neighbor(who coincidentally was also from the same hometown as my dad) was appointed shortly after as the director of the satellite campus of one of the universities. It was not long afterwards that we started seeing this same old man going over there and repeating the act he did with us. Not even a shameful bone in his body. He didn't even think we would see him there, or he may not have cared.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by Juliusmomoh: 5:47pm On Oct 20, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin grin That's the way it is Bro cheesy
I get. Hw fah
Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by Sonnobax15(m): 5:53pm On Oct 20, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

I get.
Hw fah
Na jah oh
How e dey be na?
Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by Juliusmomoh: 6:05pm On Oct 20, 2021
Sonnobax15:
Na jah oh How e dey be na?
I thank jah oo... How your bakery na?..
Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by princewarri1985: 6:11pm On Oct 20, 2021
She is 43, is she married yet? If she is not yet married that means na them be that, because i also have an aunty too like her, who is my mom sister and also a torn on my flesh too

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by bigcee(m): 6:11pm On Oct 20, 2021
silentvoice:
I remember one time I got so angry that I mixed one rubbish to put inside food and leave it where he would see it so he can eat and disappear but I changed my mind last minute grin

The man stingy die!
Lwkmd grin grin grin

Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by Sonnobax15(m): 6:14pm On Oct 20, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

I thank jah oo...
How your bakery na?..
Omah, Bakery dey one side first.....I be close am before na...But I me and my guy dey plan how to re-open am anytime from now cha.
Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by babavik: 6:15pm On Oct 20, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Yeah...I do have a male cousin (my dad's sister's son) who used to live with us back then.....He do normally go to work and used to return late in the evening....Most times,my dad would deliberately wants all of us to starve and wait for him(my cousin?/) To return back from work first before we'll eat at the same place.....But the dude was always fond of rejecting, thereby putting all our efforts of waiting to no avail....... He'd wait till when it's dark like around 9p.m , and would go out and buy mama-put food..

Na one day one day my popsman sit am down and clear am all him fvck up....Like wait,you dey catch me witch abi wizard for my own house?
Bro I did exactly this not quiet long ago. Sometimes nah see finish we dey avoid. I can understand him somehow

3 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by Juliusmomoh: 6:33pm On Oct 20, 2021
Sonnobax15:
Omah, Bakery dey one side first.....I be close am before na...But I me and my guy dey plan how to re-open am anytime from now cha.

Na u get the bakery abi u de work there? cheesy

I just de feel your vibes
Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by MrMacinterchi1: 6:35pm On Oct 20, 2021
Lastmankc:
I have this cousin brother that even bought his own gas cooker in our house.Imagine living with us and you are cooking your food separately.
And nah our food and ingredients, even our pots him dey use cook self.Nah one day me and my younger brother reason the guy Mata.
this one de funny. SINCE HE BUY GAS, WHY HE NO BUY STUFFS FOR FOOD TOO? madness.
Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by Sonnobax15(m): 7:07pm On Oct 20, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Na u get the bakery abi u de work there? cheesy

I just de feel your vibes
Na my guy get am,so I just dey work there with am cheesy.
Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by Juliusmomoh: 7:27pm On Oct 20, 2021
Sonnobax15:
Na my guy get am,so I just dey work there with am cheesy.

Good to hear that.

One day husle go pay.
Don't lost hope o ...
Wetin u de do at the moment?
Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by Sonnobax15(m): 7:28pm On Oct 20, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Good to hear that.

One day husle go pay.
Don't lost hope o ...
Wetin u de do at the moment?
Nothing really.......just dey go bakery just to put things in order before we go start again...But for now,I must be honest with you bro,I no dey do anything cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by Juliusmomoh: 7:30pm On Oct 20, 2021
Sonnobax15:
Nothing really.......just dey go bakery just to put things in order before we go start again...But for now,I must be honest with you bro,I no dey do anything cheesy

Graduate?
Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by Sonnobax15(m): 7:31pm On Oct 20, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

Graduate?
OND holder precisely
Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by Geetee2021: 7:34pm On Oct 20, 2021
Seldomly is nonexistent
Tonero5200:
They is this female cousin of mine, my dad sisters child (she's about 43years old) she seldomly visits my dad, whenever she does, she always acts odd.

1) she has never eaten my parents food

2) she has never drank water from our house. (prefers to go and buy ragolis water on her own)

3) she stays in another states, whenever she visits prefers to stay with other distant relatives and friends than my dad's house.

4) she always talk without proper reasonings ( talking to my mom anyhow, talking to my dad sometimes without reasoning.

5)she always talk about revelations from her bishops and witches worrying her and household.

honestly, I had to tell my mom whenever she comes no need asking her if she wants to eat (since you've already known she won't eat, why ask?) my mom won't listen. that always gets me annoyed.

my dad on the other hand is not making things easy, old man always waiting for people that don't give a dine about him to come feed him. so he doesn't talk at all.
he hardly pray for us his children to be Better in life so that we can carter for him, instead he prefers putting mind in other people. ( relations) I tire.

from what I noticed from all of this.
this female cousin of mine is looking down too bad on all of us....like we are witches and wizard or something in our own house, whenever she visits.

have you ever had a guest like this?

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by ebixy(m): 7:36pm On Oct 20, 2021
babavik:

Bro I did exactly this not quiet long ago. Sometimes nah see finish we dey avoid. I can understand him somehow

See finish na him you no go lodge for guest house or hotel? Their house, room and bed no follow for see finish ba? You dey breathe their air, dey bath their water.

If dem wan jazz you, there are a thousand and one ways they can get you.

4 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by IamCookie(f): 8:07pm On Oct 20, 2021
Tonero5200:
They is this female cousin of mine, my dad sisters child (she's about 43years old) she seldomly visits my dad, whenever she does, she always acts odd.

1) she has never eaten my parents food

2) she has never drank water from our house. (prefers to go and buy ragolis water on her own)

3) she stays in another states, whenever she visits prefers to stay with other distant relatives and friends than my dad's house.

4) she always talk without proper reasonings ( talking to my mom anyhow, talking to my dad sometimes without reasoning.

5)she always talk about revelations from her bishops and witches worrying her and household.

honestly, I had to tell my mom whenever she comes no need asking her if she wants to eat (since you've already known she won't eat, why ask?) my mom won't listen. that always gets me annoyed.

my dad on the other hand is not making things easy, old man always waiting for people that don't give a dine about him to come feed him. so he doesn't talk at all.
he hardly pray for us his children to be Better in life so that we can carter for him, instead he prefers putting mind in other people. ( relations) I tire.

this female cousin of mine is looking down too bad on all of us....like we are witches and wizard or something in our own house, whenever she visits.

You should avoid such a person , especially because you are a politician. This your username is familiar. Ehn ehn cheesy
Ragolis grin it seem the op lives in Ikorodu, Lagos. Who is who group ; this woman(Mogaab group) ; board member, sports commission , representing Ikorodu West LCDA kiss
Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by Nobody: 8:33pm On Oct 20, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Yeah...I do have a male cousin (my dad's sister's son) who used to live with us back then.....He do normally go to work and used to return late in the evening....Most times,my dad would deliberately wants all of us to starve and wait for him(my cousin?/) To return back from work first before we'll eat at the same place.....But the dude was always fond of rejecting, thereby putting all our efforts of waiting to no avail....... He'd wait till when it's dark like around 9p.m , and would go out and buy mama-put food..

Na one day one day my popsman sit am down and clear am all him fvck up....Like wait,you dey catch me witch abi wizard for my own house?

I like your kind of dad
Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by PROPEACE: 9:09pm On Oct 20, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Na Jehovah Witness girls o.
Enter house dem no go enter but dem dey show every Sunday dey confuse man pikin. Waste of beauty walahi
I remember one Jehovah witness babe I met in PH. Very bad girl. We did it in one student estate off camp. Hmm, I still can't believe it.
Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by APCNig: 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2021
Tonero5200:

Why do you care so much about idiots and nincompops?
Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by MufasaLion: 10:34pm On Oct 20, 2021
Funny thread. grin
Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by caesymore(m): 11:46pm On Oct 20, 2021
Tonero5200:

nnah eh, some people doings are just too bad.

grin odd indeed
Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by BRATISLAVA: 11:49pm On Oct 20, 2021
metalgear11:
I remember when I was still young, this was sometimes in 1998. My dad had been appointed as the sole administrator(i.e. chairman) of one of the local governments in our state under the then military administration. You know how some of these our old Yoruba elders can be sometimes - because one of their "sons of the land" is in a government position, they feel so entitled. This old man (I hear he has been late for a while now) usually came to our house almost every other day to see my dad. My pale man would give him some money, only for him to come again about three days later. This man will just siddon balance for our sitting room like he owned the place. There was a day my dad went to his station. He left around 7am. About 30 minutes later, this man came sauntering in. My dad had a few days earlier given my grandmum(may her soul rest in peace) some money to give this man, and here he was again. We told him dad was not at home as he had traveled and would not be back until very late, thinking he will go away as everyone was already fed up of him. Na so this man balance for chair, and sat there until my dad came back around 10pm. Immediately my dad came in and saw him - I guess he must have been very exhausted from his travels - he told the man to come with him and they marched out of the house. He later told us he lodged him in a guest house somewhere.

This went on until the end of my dad's tenure. That's when the old man's visits stopped. Our very next door neighbor(who coincidentally was also from the same hometown as my dad) was appointed shortly after as the director of the satellite campus of one of the universities. It was not long afterwards that we started seeing this same old man going over there and repeating the act he did with us. Not even a shameful bone in his body. He didn't even think we would see him there, or he may not have cared.

LOL!
Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by Juliusmomoh: 6:21am On Oct 21, 2021
Sonnobax15:
OND holder precisely
We need a new accountant in our industry. But a graduate.
How i wish you are atleast HND holder. I whold have put you in that slot...
Re: Have You Ever Had An Odd Guest? (my experience) by Sonnobax15(m): 6:32am On Oct 21, 2021
Juliusmomoh:

We need a new accountant in our industry. But a graduate.

How i wish you are atleast HND holder. I whold have put you in that slot...

Eyahhhhh. No p cha... Thanks bro..I really appreciate cheesy. Mennnnnnnn, nairaland fam has really been of help to me...I go miss una cha.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Wife Has Turned Me Into A Punching Bag – Abuja Man Cries Out / Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After 16 Years Of Marriage (Photos) / Meet The Couple Who Won N1m In Who Wants To Be A Millionaire Valentine Edition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.