Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,965 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:56 PM

How Do I Address this? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Address this? (1439 Views)

Reno Omokri's Reply To A Man Who Admired His Daughter & Asked For Her IG Address / How Would You Address This Issue / Shouldn't I Address You Base On How You Dress? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Address this? by Akintundexxy: 6:51pm On Oct 20, 2021
Good day everyone.

Good day everyone.

Let me hit the nail on the head, I'm a semi-introvert, but I swing between extrovert and semi-introvert depending on my environment.

1. I have friends that we do see and talk casually, but something I notice is; I do get betrayed often by people. I'm not dull, I wouldn't say I'm intelligent. As people would say, I have a good sense of humour. I'm humble as people do comment about this also. But I find it very difficult to gain the loyalty of people. At this stage of my life, I think I need not only people's loyalty but also how to indirectly manipulate them.

2. People are shy when talking to me, I'm not rich for now nor do I possess anything special, even those that are older than I am. They seem not to be comfortable when discussing with me as touching the reason I gave above.

I'm in my early 20s.

I need advice please...

lalasticlala abeg

1 Like

Re: How Do I Address this? by iKingsley(m): 6:55pm On Oct 20, 2021
-brings my seat and sits-
Re: How Do I Address this? by Stephenomozzy(m): 7:03pm On Oct 20, 2021
To earn loyalty, you have to give it first.

Try to modify your posts sha, it's hard understanding it
Re: How Do I Address this? by Kobojunkie: 7:06pm On Oct 20, 2021
Akintundexxy:

1. I have friends that we do see and talk casually, but something I notice is; I do get betrayed often by people. I'm not dull, I wouldn't say I'm intelligent. As people would say, I have a good sense of humour. I'm humble as people do comment about this also. But I find it very difficult to gain the loyalty of people. At this stage of my life, I think I need not only people's loyalty but also how to indirectly manipulate them.

2. People are shy when talking to me, I'm not rich for now nor do I possess anything special, even those that are older than I am. They seem not to be comfortable when discussing with me as touching the reason I gave above.
You seek ways to gain people's loyalty so as to manipulate them? undecided

People are shy when talking to you. They seem not to be comfortable when discussing issues with you? undecided

Have you considered that maybe the problem is you don't really understand yourself as well as you may think? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Address this? by Sonnobax15(m): 7:16pm On Oct 20, 2021
lipsrsealed
Na their loyalty you go chop?

Re: How Do I Address this? by Candidlady: 7:26pm On Oct 20, 2021
You be "ambivert"
Re: How Do I Address this? by Akintundexxy: 7:37pm On Oct 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You seek ways to gain people's loyalty so as to manipulate them? undecided

People are shy when talking to you. They seem not to be comfortable when discussing issues with you? undecided

Have you considered that maybe the problem is you don't really understand yourself as well as you may think? undecided
Explain more sir, am I not OK?
Re: How Do I Address this? by Kobojunkie: 7:42pm On Oct 20, 2021
Akintundexxy:

Explain more sir, am I not OK?
You ought to be the one telling us this since you never did tell us what it is about you that makes them uncomfortable or shy. undecided
Re: How Do I Address this? by SILENTandSMART2: 7:44pm On Oct 20, 2021
Come let we wise men bless you with knowledge... cheesy
Re: How Do I Address this? by luvmijeje(f): 7:54pm On Oct 20, 2021
I counted the 'I' in your opening post and it was close to 20. And half of it is what you want from others. You want them to be loyal, are you loyal? You want to manipulate them, can they manipulate you? They are uncomfortable with you, are you comfortable with them?

You are demanding things you are incapable of giving. You are demanding things that are beyond your pay grade.

Please focus on making money and making yourself someone worthy to be call a friend.
Re: How Do I Address this? by Akintundexxy: 7:58pm On Oct 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
You ought to be the one telling us this since you never did tell us what it is about you that makes them uncomfortable or shy. undecided
What do you think is the problem?
Re: How Do I Address this? by Akintundexxy: 7:59pm On Oct 20, 2021
luvmijeje:
I counted the 'I' in your opening post and it was close to 20. And half of it is what you want from others. You want them to be loyal, are you loyal? You want to manipulate them, can they manipulate you? They are uncomfortable with you, are you comfortable with them?

You are demanding things you are incapable of giving. You are demanding things that are beyond your pay grade.

Please focus on making money and making yourself someone worthy to be call a friend.
Hmm..I'm touched
Re: How Do I Address this? by Kobojunkie: 8:00pm On Oct 20, 2021
Akintundexxy:

What do you think is the problem?
I am afraid only you can reveal that answer to us. You haven't really told us enough about you to help us help you in figure out that part. You need to give us more to go on here about your own self not others.. undecided
Re: How Do I Address this? by Akintundexxy: 8:02pm On Oct 20, 2021
SILENTandSMART2:
Come let we wise men bless you with knowledge... cheesy
I'm at your feet sire..
Re: How Do I Address this? by SILENTandSMART2: 8:29pm On Oct 20, 2021
Akintundexxy:

I'm at your feet sire..

Hehehe cheesy I'm almost have the same characteristics as yours just the difference is dat people always want to stay with me i try to be savage or arrogant but it won't still work....... Because i have trust issue I don't make new friends neither do i trust anybody but I'm a live of a discussion because I'm very funny and have different experience to tell about any fuckin' situation , what you need is to make people laugh that's all , don't trust anybody and don't make friends because you can't read anybody's mind....

Enjoy your day sir....
Re: How Do I Address this? by Akintundexxy: 8:33pm On Oct 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I am afraid only you can reveal that answer to us. You haven't really told us enough about you to help us help you in figure out that part. You need to give us more to go on here about your own self not others.. undecided
I'm handsome, neat and also a student of a popular federal university.
I don't smoke nor drink.
I read a lot, books like the laws of power and also books on creating thinking.
I speak well, and I make people laugh. I visit people but not frequently.
What else do I have to say?
Re: How Do I Address this? by Akintundexxy: 8:41pm On Oct 20, 2021
SILENTandSMART2:

Hehehe cheesy I'm almost have the same characteristics as yours just the difference is dat people always want to stay with me i try to be savage or arrogant but it won't still work....... Because i have trust issue I don't make new friends neither do i trust anybody but I'm a live of a discussion because I'm very funny and have different experience to tell about any fuckin' situation , what you need is to make people laugh that's all , don't trust anybody and don't make friends because you can't read anybody's mind....

Enjoy your day sir....
Thanks my brother, but how can I be successful in politics with this attitude?
Re: How Do I Address this? by Akintundexxy: 8:41pm On Oct 20, 2021
Lala,mynd44, Seun
Re: How Do I Address this? by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On Oct 20, 2021
Akintundexxy:

I'm handsome, neat and also a student of a popular federal university.
I don't smoke nor drink.
I read a lot, books like the laws of power and also books on creating thinking.
I speak well, and I make people laugh. I visit people but not frequently.
What else do I have to say?
So why do you think people don't open up when speaking to you? undecided

Why are they, as you described, uncomfortable around you? undecided
Re: How Do I Address this? by Akintundexxy: 8:49pm On Oct 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
So why do you think people don't open up when speaking to you? undecided

Why are they, as you described, uncomfortable around you? undecided
That's exactly what I don't understand. They laugh and also stylishly say I'm funny. But find it hard to express themselves, sometimes they look down when talking and also do that with their utterances garnished with respect. They seem somehow careful not to offend me with their speech.
Re: How Do I Address this? by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Oct 20, 2021
Akintundexxy:

That's exactly what I don't understand. They laugh and also stylishly say I'm funny. But find it hard to express themselves, sometimes they look down when talking and also do that with their utterances garnished with respect. They seem somehow careful not to offend me with their speech.
If say you dey school, I for say make you go talk to your school counselor to help put words to what it may be. undecided
You need an honest opinion and a counselor can maybe give you one. Or if you have a friend or even sibling, try to ask them for an honest assessment of your personality to help you maybe understand the possible reason for what you are worried about there. undecided
Re: How Do I Address this? by Akintundexxy: 8:53pm On Oct 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
If say you dey school, I for say make you go talk to your school counselor to help put words to what it may be. undecided
I don't understand bro, can you be more elaborate..
Re: How Do I Address this? by Kobojunkie: 8:55pm On Oct 20, 2021
Akintundexxy:

I don't understand bro, can you be more elaborate..
You need an honest opinion and a counselor can maybe give you one. Or if you have a friend or even sibling, try to ask them for an honest assessment of your personality to help you maybe understand the possible reason for what you are worried about there. undecided

This is most definitely not to say that there is indeed something wrong with you. undecided

1 Like

Re: How Do I Address this? by Akintundexxy: 8:56pm On Oct 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
School counselor in a Nigerian University? Guess you school in London.

I'm afraid to ask people how I behave so they won't laugh at my case
Re: How Do I Address this? by Kobojunkie: 8:57pm On Oct 20, 2021
Akintundexxy:

School counselor in a Nigerian University? Guess you school in London.

I'm afraid to ask people how I behave so they won't laugh at my case
Ask your siblings or even your neighbors. There is nothing to to ashamed of. undecided
Re: How Do I Address this? by Akintundexxy: 9:05pm On Oct 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Ask your siblings or even your neighbors. There is nothing to to ashamed of. undecided
Alright bro, thanks
Re: How Do I Address this? by Kobojunkie: 9:06pm On Oct 20, 2021
Akintundexxy:

Alright bro, thanks
No! Use this opportunity to truly discover how others see you as opposed to how you think they do and maybe you will find the real issue. undecided
Re: How Do I Address this? by Akintundexxy: 9:10pm On Oct 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
No! Use this opportunity to truly discover how others see you as opposed to how you think they do and maybe you will find the real issue. undecided
But how do you see me?, from the little discription I wrote about myself above.
Re: How Do I Address this? by Kobojunkie: 9:13pm On Oct 20, 2021
Akintundexxy:

But how do you see me?, from the little discription I wrote about myself above.
Oh, I still don't see you. That is why I suggested you should get the opinion of those who have known you longest or your neighbors. undecided
Re: How Do I Address this? by Akintundexxy: 9:15pm On Oct 20, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Oh, I still don't see you. That is why I suggested you should get the opinion of those who have known you longest or your neighbors. undecided
Some say I'm proud. Some call me pastor.
Some say I smile a lot...
Re: How Do I Address this? by Kobojunkie: 9:18pm On Oct 20, 2021
Akintundexxy:

Some say I'm proud. Some call me pastor.
Some say I smile a lot...
undecided

Don't take all of what people say to heart or you might end up flogging your self-esteem in to the gutter. Just take the parts that will help you work on what you really want to work on , and file the rest under "to be reviewed at a later date". undecided
Re: How Do I Address this? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 20, 2021
Why do you want to manipulate them?

You come off as a narcissistic fellow, which I may be wrong.

People can only envy if you have something they admire or want.

If they're not intelligent or rich as you claim, then you're probably living in self-delusion.

I'd advise getting across a therapist to help put your feelings into perceptive.

For me though, it's more of intimidation, garnished with envy.

Even without trying, some guys feel intimidated when in my presence.

My therapist said I'm smart. Perhaps that could be it...

I'm financially stable and dresses well.. Great body too...

Maybe that's contributing to it too...

I exude confidence... Not that I'm perfect. I'm just self-contented and carefree thanks to personal development.

Or maybe because I'm handsome, young, and kinda like an overachiever for my age.

Not bragging... Trying to make you understand something here.

These qualities make me a target to people who feel inferior.... cause I never know who I might unintentionally intimidate and he'll start planning evil for me.

What I do is bury myself with work, and limit my contact with people.

I would advise selecting your association... People who are on the same level as you, both in intelligence and wealth.

Ever wonder why the rich flock around with other rich people?

Why do the intelligent go with other intelligent people?

Likes attract. If they aren't at your level, it repels and that can be dangerous cause they can even kill you.

Be wise.

(1) (2) (Reply)

"Egungun" Abandons The Work Of The God's To Ask A Lady Out / “I Feel Worthless” – Man Laments After Girlfriend Received N600K And Iphone 13 / Pretty Nigerian Lady Pranks Her Pastor, Leaks Their Chats.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.