Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,470 members, 7,812,445 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Grace For Living Daily Devotion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Grace For Living Daily Devotion (1195 Views)

Ofm Rhema For Living Daily Devotional 14/02/2018 Wednesday / Ofm Rhema For Living Daily Devotional 03/02/2018 Saturday / Ofm Rhema For Living Daily Devotional 02/02/2018 Friday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 6:23am On Oct 21, 2021
Foursquare Grace for Living Daily Devotion
Thursday October 21, 2021

TOPIC:EVEN BIRDS SING

BIBLE READING:
Psalms 104:12;33-34

12 By them shall the fowls of the heaven have their habitation, which sing among the branches.

33 I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.

34 My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD.

MEDITATION:
Why do birds sing? According to David Rothenberg, birds sing because they can, and because they must. Songs are used to attract mates and defend territories, but the form is much more than function. Nature is full of beauty, God's handiwork.

Birds sing because they have syrinx and larynx. The syrinx is the bird's voice box, an organ that lies deep in the bird's chest and is uniquely fashioned for song. That at least is natural explanation for their gifts. Birds sing also because their Creator put a song in their heart. They were created to draw our hearts to our Creator. What a reminder that God has given us a song that we may sing His praise!

According to Psalm 104 verse 12, when we hear birds sing, we are challenged on the need to sing our own song, and lift up our voices unto our God, whether harmonious, hoarse or harsh. The same Psalm 104 in verse 33 enjoins us to sing unto the Lord: “I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praises to my God while I have my being.”

As all creation sings God's praise, we should lead them to sing as the only ones created in the image of God!

PRAYER:
Sing a joyful song to the Lord and praise His holy name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Isaiah 62-64 & 1 Timothy 1
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 8:07am On Oct 22, 2021
Friday October 22, 2021

TOPIC:THE TOUCH OF FAITH

BIBLE READING:
Mark 5:25-34

25 And a certain woman, which had an issue of blood twelve years,

26 Andhad suffered many things of many physicians, and had spent all that she had, and was nothing bettered, but rather grew worse,

27 When she had heard of Jesus, came in the press behind, and touched his garment.

28 For she said, If I may touch but his clothes, I shall be whole.

29 And straightway the fountain of her blood was dried up; and she felt in her body that she was healed of that plague.

30 And Jesus, immediately knowing in himself that virtue had gone out of him, turned him about in the press, and said, Who touched my clothes?

31 And his disciples said unto him, Thou seest the multitude thronging thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me?

32 And he looked round about to see her that had done this thing.

33 But the woman fearing and trembling, knowing what was done in her, came and fell down before him, and told him all the truth.

34 And he said unto her, Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague.

MEDITATION:
Christianity is a system of faith based on a person, Jesus Christ. Whenever any person puts their trust in Jesus Christ, they receive the miracle of salvation. Simple faith in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ makes this miracle possible. It is the gift of God consummated by grace through faith. Jesus is qualified to give this gift because he met the righteous demand of God. Jesus did not sin for once.

Besides this miracle, Jesus did some other great miracles. Faith in Him is key. The bible reading for today illustrates one of such great miracles that He performed during His ministry on earth. There was this woman with the issue of blood who had haemorrhaged for twelve years. She had spent all her money on doctors, but was not cured. She heard Jesus was passing by. She had said in her heart, “if I may but touch the hem of his garment, I will be made whole” – vs. 28. That was the faith that triggered her miracle. She touched Jesus' garment and was healed instantly. Jesus Himself knew that virtue (power) had gone out of Him, so he asked openly, “who touched me?” – Luke 8:45. The woman knew what had happened to her, and she came trembling before Jesus. He affirmed her healing and said, "Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague” – vs. 33. She found healing and peace. She was healed by the touch of faith.

Today, Jesus Christ awaits you to reach out with a touch of faith and return with a testimony.

PRAYER:
Lord, I know you can heal me completely, help me as I put my faith in your name today.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Isaiah 65-66 & 1 Timothy 2
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 7:05am On Oct 23, 2021
Saturday October 23, 2021

TOPIC:TRAPPED!

BIBLE READING:
2 Samuel 11:1-13

1 And it came to pass, after the year was expired, at the time when kings go forth to battle, that David sent Joab, and his servants with him, and all Israel; and they destroyed the children of Ammon, and besieged Rabbah. But David tarried still at Jerusalem.

2 And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon.

3 And David sent and enquired after the woman. And one said, Is not this Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite?

4 And David sent messengers, and took her; and she came in unto him, and he lay with her; for she was purified from her uncleanness: and she returned unto her house.

5 And the woman conceived, and sent and told David, and said, I am with child.

6 And David sent to Joab, saying, Send me Uriah the Hittite. And Joab sent Uriah to David.

7 And when Uriah was come unto him, David demanded of him how Joab did, and how the people did, and how the war prospered.

8 And David said to Uriah, Go down to thy house, and wash thy feet. And Uriah departed out of the king's house, and there followed him a mess of meat from the king.

9 But Uriah slept at the door of the king's house with all the servants of his lord, and went not down to his house.

10 And when they had told David, saying, Uriah went not down unto his house, David said unto Uriah, Camest thou not from thy journey? why then didst thou not go down unto thine house?

11 And Uriah said unto David, The ark, and Israel, and Judeh, abide in tents; and my lord Joab, and the servants of my lord, are encamped in the open fields; shall I then go into mine house, to eat and to drink, and to lie with my wife? as thou livest, and as thy soul liveth, I will not do this thing.

12 And David said to Uriah, Tarry here to day also, and to morrow I will let thee depart. So Uriah abode in Jerusalem that day, and the morrow.

13 And when David had called him, he did eat and drink before him; and he made him drunk: and at even he went out to lie on his bed with the servants of his lord, but went not down to his house.

MEDITATION:
When David ruled Israel, kings went to war in the spring. However, from our bible reading today, there was this particular time when the Israelite army went off to war, David stayed back in Jerusalem. It is a dangerous thing to stay behind when you are expected to be at your duty post.

On one particular restless evening, the king went up to the roof of his palace. Looking out over the city of Jerusalem, he saw Bathsheba, Uriah's beautiful wife, taking a bath. His passion stirred, David sent for her and slept with her. Fast forward, the report came to David that the woman was pregnant. He devised a plan to conceal his sin. He ordered Uriah to return to Jerusalem and report on the war's progress. Then he sent Uriah home to his wife, but Uriah refused to go home, declaring loyalty, "The ark... and my master Joab and my lord's men are camped in the open fields. How could I go to my house to eat and drink and lie with my wife?" - vs. 11. Uriah was more righteous certainly!

David was trapped. He had not been strong enough to refuse the temptation to sin. Now, he had no place to hide. Sin is a strong force that produces restlessness. When temptation comes, we always have a choice. We can flee from it immediately, or risk being entrapped like David. The game of sin is a game of shame. Beware!

PRAYER:
O Lord, my God, help me to flee from temptation today.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 1-2 & 1 Timothy 3
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 6:56am On Oct 24, 2021
Sunday October 24, 2021

TOPIC:THE SEARCH FOR HAPPINESS

BIBLE READING:
Ecclesiastes 12:1-14

1 Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;

2 While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain:

3 In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,

4 And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of musick shall be brought low;

5 Also when they shall be afraid of that which is high, and fears shall be in the way, and the almond tree shall flourish, and the grasshopper shall be a burden, and desire shall fail: because man goeth to his long home, and the mourners go about the streets:

6 Or ever the silver cord be loosed, or the golden bowl be broken, or the pitcher be broken at the fountain, or the wheel broken at the cistern.

7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

8 Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity.

9 And moreover, because the preacher was wise, he still taught the people knowledge; yea, he gave good heed, and sought out, and set in order many proverbs.

10 The preacher sought to find out acceptable words: and that which was written was upright, even words of truth.

11 The words of the wise are as goads, and as nails fastened by the masters of assemblies, which are given from one shepherd.

12 And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

14 For God shall bring every work into judgment, with every secret thing, whether it be good, or whether it be evil.

MEDITATION:
How to survive in these challenging days, be happy and useful is the deep concern for most people. The times we live are days of confusion, perplexity, bewilderment, uncertainty, and disillusionment. They are critical days for all of us. Fortunately, the bible already admonishes us and gives us a roadmap to live life at its best and at its highest.

King Solomon the writer of the book of Ecclesiastes, travelled down many blind alleys in search of happiness. Life for him was full of many perplexing problems and disappointments. His theme and conclusion about life is summed up as: "vanity of vanities; all is vanity" - v.2.

The great question you must ask yourself is: What am I created for? Life becomes meaningless when our focus leaves God out of the search for happiness. The race for majority of people today is purely on things that are not eternal, but of temporal appeal and value. Life becomes a burden when we apply man's formulae and wisdom in solving life's riddles. Solomon's exploration in the game of meaninglessness led him to discover the reality of life. He discovered the reason for man's existence: "...here is the conclusion of the matter. Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind" - v.13.

To leave God out of life is to invite misery and miss the road to happiness. Let God take control of your life so that you may experience happiness.

PRAYER:
Dear Lord, please teach me wisdom to know that it is only in knowing you that true happiness can be found.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremaih 3-5 & 1 Timothy 4
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 3:23pm On Oct 25, 2021
Monday October 25, 2021

TOPIC:WHAT IS IMPORTANT?

BIBLE READING:
Matthew 6:24-34

MEDITATION:
Everyone makes choices in life. As Harry Emerson Fosdick suggests so succinctly, "You can postpone making up your mind, but you cannot postpone making up your life." Every person makes mutually exclusive choices. That is why it is impossible for one to be a doctor, lawyer, engineer, and farmer all at one time. One cannot be married and single at the same time. One cannot lie and be truthful. One cannot steal and be honest. One cannot be pagan and Christian. Each person has only one life; no one is granted several lives with which to experiment. Life is indeed not a rehearsal!

The late George W. Truett said, "If I had a thousand lives, I would want every one of them to be lived for Jesus Christ." One precious life - and only one - is entrusted to each of us. Don't cheat yourself of life's true riches by failure to "seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness." Give your heart to Jesus Christ and live in obedience to His command.

Be sure to live with an eye single to God's glory, then you will come to understand that there is not a joy that loyalty to God in Christ does not enhance; there is not a sorrow that loyalty to God does not mitigate. Seek the first thing first.

PRAYER:
O Lord, please help me to make right choices in my journey of life.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 6-8 & 1 Timothy 5
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 11:07am On Oct 26, 2021
Tuesday October 26, 2021

TOPIC:MATURITY

BIBLE READING:1 Timothy 4:1-16

1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils

2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron

3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:

5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.

7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.

8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.

9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.

10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

11 These things command and teach.

12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.

13 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.

15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.

MEDITATION:
The truth is that people who lived many years ago faced the same problems we are facing today. The principles of the Bible are true today because the writers inspired by God, dealt with issues that have affected, and always will affect people as long as life goes on in this world. The basic problems of life are greed, pride, and appeal to fleshy lusts.

Immature people feel that every whim must be satisfied immediately. The Bible teaches that long-range solutions are always the best. If we sell our birthright for temporary satisfaction of a whim, we will soon regret the decision. Esau did and he lived to regret it. – Hebrews 12:16-17. If, on the other hand, we feast on God's word and choose to live by the principles laid down in it in our lives, we will come to the latter part of life with happiness and joy.

From today's bible reading, we see that Paul's command to Timothy is forceful and urgent. Timothy was probably more than thirty years of age by this time, but Paul still thought of him as a young person. Sons never grow up as far as their parents are concerned, and Timothy was Paul's "son in the ministry." He cautioned him always to be firm in the faith, but here, in a very special way, he is commanding him to act like a grown up man, matured, and not exhibit the characteristics of a child. Paul was eager for Timothy to "grow up" in the gospel. This, too, is also one of our greatest
needs. Don't be left behind in this race for maturity.

PRAYER:
This day Lord, I desire growth spiritually, help me overcome all my challenges that hinder my growth.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 9-11 & 1 Timothy 6
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 5:45am On Oct 27, 2021
Wednesday October 27, 2021

TOPIC:TEMPTED AT ALL POINTS

BIBLE READING:
Luke 4:1-15

1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness,

2 Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered.

3 And the devil said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, command this stone that it be made bread.

4 And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word of God.

5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.

6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

7 If thou therefore wilt worship me, all shall be thine.

8 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Get thee behind me, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

9 And he brought him to Jerusalem, and set him on a pinnacle of the temple, and said unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down from hence:

10 For it is written, He shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee:

11 And in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

12 And Jesus answering said unto him, It is said, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

13 And when the devil had ended all the temptation, he departed from him for a season.

14 And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.

15 And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all.

MEDITATION:
A teacher who gives a test does not do it for the purpose of failing members of the class, although it is given with the knowledge that some may fail. A test pilot does not test the plane for the purpose of wrecking it, although the hard tests may wreck the plane. God did not test Abraham for the purpose of delivering him to Satan, but with the purpose that his faith might prove steadfast.

Luke records: “And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, being forty days tempted of the devil" – vv. 1-2. After the forty days of temptation in which Jesus gained the victory, Luke wrote, "And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee" – vs. 14.

No great character can be developed without tests. One would never become a great mathematician by solving only the easy problems. The musician is developed by playing hard pieces. Storms help make sturdy oaks. There can be no heroism without risk. There would be no patience nor endurance without trials.

James in his book admonishes us: "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him" (James 1:12). Whatever the nature of your temptation, the victory of Jesus is guaranteed as yours. The good news is that Jesus has the power to deliver you from any temptation, for he was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin – Hebrews 4:15.

You can choose not to yield to sin by the grace and strength of the Most High God.

PRAYER:
O Lord my God, I trust in your power to deliver me from this temptation; please give me all I need to overcome today and always.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 12-14 & 2 Timothy 1
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 5:17am On Oct 28, 2021
Thursday October 28, 2021

TOPIC:KEEPING FAITH IN TRIALS

BIBLE READING:
1 Samuel 1:1-20

1 Now there was a certain man of Ramathaimzophim, of mount Ephraim, and his name was Elkanah, the son of Jeroham, the son of Elihu, the son of Tohu, the son of Zuph, an Ephrathite:

2 And he had two wives; the name of the one was Hannah, and the name of the other Peninnah: and Peninnah had children, but Hannah had no children.

3 And this man went up out of his city yearly to worship and to sacrifice unto the LORD of hosts in Shiloh. And the two sons of Eli, Hophni and Phinehas, the priests of the LORD, were there.

4 And when the time was that Elkanah offered, he gave to Peninnah his wife, and to all her sons and her daughters, portions:

5 But unto Hannah he gave a worthy portion; for he loved Hannah: but the LORD had shut up her womb.

6 And her adversary also provoked her sore, for to make her fret, because the LORD had shut up her womb.

7 And as he did so year by year, when she went up to the house of the LORD, so she provoked her; therefore she wept, and did not eat.

8 Then said Elkanah her husband to her, Hannah, why weepest thou? and why eatest thou not? and why is thy heart grieved? am not I better to thee than ten sons?

9 So Hannah rose up after they had eaten in Shiloh, and after they had drunk. Now Eli the priest sat upon a seat by a post of the temple of the LORD.

10 And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the LORD, and wept sore.

11 And she vowed a vow, and said, O LORD of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the LORD all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head.

12 And it came to pass, as she continued praying before the LORD, that Eli marked her mouth.

13 Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken.

14 And Eli said unto her, How long wilt thou be drunken? put away thy wine from thee.

15 And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD.

16 Count not thine handmaid for a daughter of Belial: for out of the abundance of my complaint and grief have I spoken hitherto.

17 Then Eli answered and said, Go in peace: and the God of Israel grant thee thy petition that thou hast asked of him.

18 And she said, Let thine handmaid find grace in thy sight. So the woman went her way, and did eat, and her countenance was no more sad.

19 And they rose up in the morning early, and worshipped before the LORD, and returned, and came to their house to Ramah: and Elkanah knew Hannah his wife; and the LORD remembered her.

20 Wherefore it came to pass, when the time was come about after Hannah had conceived, that she bare a son, and called his name Samuel, saying, Because I have asked him of the LORD.

MEDITATION:
The first book of Samuel introduces us to Hannah on one of the annual visits to Shiloh. Her difficult life might have easily caused her to just give up, refuse to talk, or even pout. Instead, we find her boldly standing up and crying out to God through her tears. Her simple request was a son whom she would present to God; a son whom she would raise devotedly for the Lord as a Nazarite - totally for God. Suddenly her anxiety is interrupted by the voice of Eli the priest, "Are you drunk?"

Pause for a moment and consider Hannah's dilemma. Many of us may have faced the same pattern - our trials may have come in tranches, and sometimes when we cry out, "how much more can I take?" God answers by sending additional testing. It is not that He is unmindful of what we can endure, nor is He hard or uncaring. In fact, He has promised that we shall never be tested beyond our endurance limit (1 Cor. 10:13).

As paper or metal must be bent beyond its yield strength, or it will come back to where it was, so our trials must be severe enough to make a permanent change in us. Has someone you know or respect falsely accused you? How did you respond? What was the result?

Hannah came through this trial in humble dignity; she receives the answer to her prayer for a son. Whatever you are trusting God for, it will do you much good to trust God to help you remain calm in the midst of every confusion, knowing that God is at work in your situation.

PRAYER:
O Lord, respond to my request and give me notable testimony.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 15-17 & 2 Timothy 2
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 6:52am On Oct 29, 2021
Friday October 29, 2021

TOPIC:THE PRIORITY OF PRAYER

BIBLE READING:
Psalms 102:1-13

1 Hear my prayer, O LORD, and let my cry come unto thee.

2 Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily.

3 For my days are consumed like smoke, and my bones are burned as an hearth.

4 My heart is smitten, and withered like grass; so that I forget to eat my bread.

5 By reason of the voice of my groaning my bones cleave to my skin.

6 I am like a pelican of the wilderness: I am like an owl of the desert.

7 I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.

8 Mine enemies reproach me all the day; and they that are mad against me are sworn against me.

9 For I have eaten ashes like bread, and mingled my drink with weeping.

10 Because of thine indignation and thy wrath: for thou hast lifted me up, and cast me down.

11 My days are like a shadow that declineth; and I am withered like grass.

12 But thou, O LORD, shall endure for ever; and thy remembrance unto all generations.

13 Thou shalt arise, and have mercy upon Zion: for the time to favour her, yea, the set time, is come.

MEDITATION:
A big truck was stalled on an expressway, and a man stopped to help. Upon inquiring about the problem, he found that the truck's wheel bearings had hooked for lack of grease. What's so particular about that? The truck was an oil company truck - and it was hauling grease!

Could this story be applicable to many of us who profess faith in Jesus Christ? Is it not true that often we get so busy carrying the grease of the gospel via unending programmes and activities, that we neglect greasing our own spiritual bearings many times? Many Christian workers are stalled on the roadside of life because they fail to take the time to be alone with God in prayer.

If you are too busy to pray, you may just be headed for some painful spiritual drought. The Gospels tell us that Jesus had the habit of rising a great while before daybreak to talk with the Father or withdrawing himself for the purpose of personal communion with God – Mark 1:35; Luke 5:16. We cannot afford to do differently. It is imperative that we follow His example. If prayer is a conscious and personal experience with God, it is obvious that a consciousness of God's presence is essential to prayer. God is waiting for us each moment to hear from us. You must choose to 'grease' your life with prayer.

Is your voice rising up to heaven as it should daily?

PRAYER:
Oh Lord, I receive strength from you today for a consistent time of fellowship with you in the place of prayer.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 18-19 & 2 Timothy 3
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 6:21pm On Oct 30, 2021
Thursday October 28, 2021

TOPIC:KEEPING FAITH IN TRIALS

BIBLE READING:
1 Samuel 1:1-20

1 Now there was a certain man of Ramathaimzophim, of mount Ephraim, and his name was Elkanah, the son of Jeroham, the son of Elihu, the son of Tohu, the son of Zuph, an Ephrathite:

2 And he had two wives; the name of the one was Hannah, and the name of the other Peninnah: and Peninnah had children, but Hannah had no children.

3 And this man went up out of his city yearly to worship and to sacrifice unto the LORD of hosts in Shiloh. And the two sons of Eli, Hophni and Phinehas, the priests of the LORD, were there.

4 And when the time was that Elkanah offered, he gave to Peninnah his wife, and to all her sons and her daughters, portions:

5 But unto Hannah he gave a worthy portion; for he loved Hannah: but the LORD had shut up her womb.

6 And her adversary also provoked her sore, for to make her fret, because the LORD had shut up her womb.

7 And as he did so year by year, when she went up to the house of the LORD, so she provoked her; therefore she wept, and did not eat.

8 Then said Elkanah her husband to her, Hannah, why weepest thou? and why eatest thou not? and why is thy heart grieved? am not I better to thee than ten sons?

9 So Hannah rose up after they had eaten in Shiloh, and after they had drunk. Now Eli the priest sat upon a seat by a post of the temple of the LORD.

10 And she was in bitterness of soul, and prayed unto the LORD, and wept sore.

11 And she vowed a vow, and said, O LORD of hosts, if thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of thine handmaid, and remember me, and not forget thine handmaid, but wilt give unto thine handmaid a man child, then I will give him unto the LORD all the days of his life, and there shall no razor come upon his head.

12 And it came to pass, as she continued praying before the LORD, that Eli marked her mouth.

13 Now Hannah, she spake in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard: therefore Eli thought she had been drunken.

14 And Eli said unto her, How long wilt thou be drunken? put away thy wine from thee.

15 And Hannah answered and said, No, my lord, I am a woman of a sorrowful spirit: I have drunk neither wine nor strong drink, but have poured out my soul before the LORD.

16 Count not thine handmaid for a daughter of Belial: for out of the abundance of my complaint and grief have I spoken hitherto.

17 Then Eli answered and said, Go in peace: and the God of Israel grant thee thy petition that thou hast asked of him.

18 And she said, Let thine handmaid find grace in thy sight. So the woman went her way, and did eat, and her countenance was no more sad.

19 And they rose up in the morning early, and worshipped before the LORD, and returned, and came to their house to Ramah: and Elkanah knew Hannah his wife; and the LORD remembered her.

20 Wherefore it came to pass, when the time was come about after Hannah had conceived, that she bare a son, and called his name Samuel, saying, Because I have asked him of the LORD.

MEDITATION:
The first book of Samuel introduces us to Hannah on one of the annual visits to Shiloh. Her difficult life might have easily caused her to just give up, refuse to talk, or even pout. Instead, we find her boldly standing up and crying out to God through her tears. Her simple request was a son whom she would present to God; a son whom she would raise devotedly for the Lord as a Nazarite - totally for God. Suddenly her anxiety is interrupted by the voice of Eli the priest, "Are you drunk?"

Pause for a moment and consider Hannah's dilemma. Many of us may have faced the same pattern - our trials may have come in tranches, and sometimes when we cry out, "how much more can I take?" God answers by sending additional testing. It is not that He is unmindful of what we can endure, nor is He hard or uncaring. In fact, He has promised that we shall never be tested beyond our endurance limit (1 Cor. 10:13).

As paper or metal must be bent beyond its yield strength, or it will come back to where it was, so our trials must be severe enough to make a permanent change in us. Has someone you know or respect falsely accused you? How did you respond? What was the result?

Hannah came through this trial in humble dignity; she receives the answer to her prayer for a son. Whatever you are trusting God for, it will do you much good to trust God to help you remain calm in the midst of every confusion, knowing that God is at work in your situation.

PRAYER:
O Lord, respond to my request and give me notable testimony.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 15-17 & 2 Timothy 2
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 8:28am On Oct 31, 2021
Sunday October 31, 2021

TOPIC:GIVE THANKS

BIBLE READING:
Psalms 92:1-4

1 It is a good thing to give thanks unto the Lord, and to sing praises unto thy name, O most High:

2 To shew forth thy lovingkindness in the morning, and thy faithfulness every night,

3 Upon an instrument of ten strings, and upon the psaltery; upon the harp with a solemn sound.

4 For thou, LORD, hast made me glad through thy work: I will triumph in the works of thy hands.

MEDITATION:
The psalmist observed that the habit of giving thanks to the Lord is good. For us to be thankful brings joy to the heart of our Father, God. For us to develop the habit of being thankful will enable us to overcome our negative inclinations and will lead us to face life with a positive and benevolent attitude. For us to be thankful will be a blessing to others. It is indeed a good thing to give thanks to the Lord.

It is good to give thanks to God for being the kind of God He is. He is the Father who revealed His love in the Son and who abides with us at all times as the Holy Spirit. We should be thankful to God for the fellowship of the church. Through the church we receive the good news of God's love. In the fellowship of the church we receive the strength we need for living a victorious life. We should give thanks to God for our country and for all good men and women who live and work to make it a better place for us.

We should give thanks to God for the members of our family who have sustained us, and who now help to give us a reason for living. It is a good thing to give thanks to God for all the good things of life. Now give thanks to God.

PRAYER:
O Lord, I thank you for who you are, and for all your doings in the past, now and in the future.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 22-23 & Titus 1
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 7:45am On Nov 01, 2021
Monday November 1, 2021

TOPIC:A CHAMPION FOR THE LORD

BIBLE READING:
1 Samuel 17:45-51

45 Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.

46 This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.

47 And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD's, and he will give you into our hands.

48 And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came, and drew nigh to meet David, that David hastened, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine.

49 And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.

50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.

51 Therefore David ran, and stood upon the Philistine, and took his sword, and drew it out of the sheath thereof, and slew him, and cut off his head therewith. And when the Philistines saw their champion was dead, they fled.

MEDITATION:
Desmond Doss was a quiet, frail and skinny Seventh Day Adventist kid from Lynchburg. His physique looked nothing like a soldier billed to fight one of the deadliest battles of World War II in the Pacific. His disadvantages nonetheless, Doss was determined to go into the battlefront without a gun! After enduring brutal treatments and ridicules from colleagues and his captain, Doss got the pass to serve in the army without carrying a gun.

The battle at Hacksaw Ridge was a close combat fight with heavy artillery. Yet, without a gun, Doss saved 75 American soldiers – including his captain, Jack Glover. Doss had been motivated from childhood by his biblical instruction – 'thou shall not kill.' His motive was 'while others were killing, he would be saving lives.'

Like Doss, David was no match to Goliath – militarily and physically. Goliath was a giant who had been a soldier all his life. But David, a teenager, was merely a shepherd. No one thought David had a chance. While everyone saw a shepherd boy, God had the stage set to introduce Himself through David.

David teaches us that we overcome Goliaths of this life when we place our trust in the only God who does not fail, and are not afraid to confront the giant. The God we serve is greater than the problems we may face.

Problems don't get solved when we run away from them. But they are solved when we face them with a confident, God-glorifying trust. We set the stage for victory when we exalt God above our challenges. That's how God's champions are made.

PRAYER:
Ask God for strength and boldness to confront your Goliath.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 24-26 & Titus 2
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 6:10am On Nov 02, 2021
Tuesday November 2, 2021

TOPIC:NEVERTHELESS, AT THY WORD

BIBLE READING:
Luke 5:4-9

4 Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.

5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.

6 And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.

7 And they beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink.

8 When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.

9 For he was astonished, and all that were with him, at the draught of the fishes which they had taken:

MEDITATION:
In the movie, Faith Like Potatoes, unending political unrest and discouraging land reforms led Angus Buchan, a white Zambian farmer of Scottish origin, to migrate down south for a better life. Time passed, yet things didn't get better for the Buchan family. He was soon consumed by anger, fear and destruction.

Persuaded by his wife, Buchan found Jesus in a local church meeting. His life took a different outlook henceforth. Against warnings from scientists, Buchan – a maize farmer – heeded God's instruction to plant potatoes in time of drought. When harvest came, Buchan had giant potatoes!

We all have our limitations as human beings. God, however, is limitless. His power towers over every life's situation. Peter, in the above Bible account, faced a discouraging moment in his job notwithstanding his fishing knowledge and expertise.

Knowledge and experience play vital roles in any profession. These two vital components smoothen one's journey to career success. But, at the same time, they can also let you down as it happened to Peter. All of us need the intervention of God in our lives. Such intervention comes when we abandon our finite knowledge and decide to embrace the word of God.

Peter came to this point. He put away his knowledge and experience, because they had failed him this time around. Hence, he relied on, and clung to the word of Jesus saying, “Nevertheless at Your Word I will let down the net.” – vs. 5.

Obedience to God's word ushers us into the spacious room of God's love and grace. Like Peter, we can obey the word of God and enjoy a faithstrengthening harvest.

PRAYER:
Lord, please speak the exact word I need into my life.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 27-29 & Titus 3
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 6:21am On Nov 03, 2021
Wednesday November 3, 2021

TOPIC:TRUST AND HOPE IN GOD

BIBLE READING:
Psalms 130:5-8

5 I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.

6 My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning.

7 Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.

8 And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

MEDITATION:
It's been 37 years since Harold left for war and had not returned. Every Thursday for 35 years, Claire waited at the train station to receive her beloved husband. Harold had been enlisted in the army during World War II few weeks after he married the woman of his dream. All that Claire remembered of Harold was the ten minutes of crying, and warm embrace at the strain station, and Harold's last letter which reads 'I'm coming home next Thursday.' Harold's truck had been attacked by the enemy army a day to his return, and there had been no clue about Harold. But Claire held on to
Harold's last letter. It was her only hope.

The distressed psalmist shares his waiting experience. There seemed to be no light in sight. But rather than give up hope, he turns his face to God, anchoring his hope in the unfailing word of God. The psalmist relied on two things that cannot fail – the character of the LORD and His Word. God does not fail. He is preeminent and all-powerful. Nothing is hid from His sight. Everything is laid bare before Him. And His word does not fail. God keeps his word.

Unlike man, God's word cannot be broken. No external force can prevent His word from fulfilling the assigned purpose. Rather than trust in mortals, the psalmist anchors his trust and hope in the unchanging God.

While Harold could not keep his promise because of forces greater than him, God is sovereign over all things. We can learn from Claire and the psalmist, and place an unwavering trust in the living God.

Because God does not renege on His word, we can be sure he will come for us while we trustfully wait for Him and hope in His word.

PRAYER:
Ask God to give you increasing grace to trust Him for the needed supply in every area of your life.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 30-31 & Philemon
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 8:03am On Nov 05, 2021
Friday November 5, 2021

TOPIC:YOU CAN BE LIFTED

BIBLE READING:
Psalms 40:1-4

1 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.

2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

4 Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

MEDITATION:
God desires to lift His people. Sometime when we face challenges of life we do not know where the breakthrough will come from. At such a time (and at all times), God wants us to know that He has the ability to get us out of the predicament.

When we learn to rely on God, like David, we are lifted from the dungeons of life. Waiting on God implies trusting Him on His own terms, and not ours. It implies relinquishing the control of our lives into His trusted hands. When we wait for the Lord, we do so patiently. Why? Because God's perfect time is not ours to decide. He knows when it's right to come to our aid. Just as He did at the wedding at Cana, we can trust God to come when it is best.

What life's difficulty are you experiencing presently? God can lift you out of it. We have a listening and seeing God – He hears our cries and sees our tears. And he knows how we feel, for he has tasted of our pains and weaknesses. In him we have a High Priest who can sympathize with our infirmities.

You are dear to God, and for every discouraging situation you find yourself, God has provided a way of lifting for you.

Today, Jesus still beckons on us to come to him with our weary souls and burdened hearts in exchange for his light burden and easy yoke.

PRAYER:
I set my eyes unto thee o Lord, lift me up above every situation of life in Jesus name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 34-36 & Hebrews 2
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 6:15am On Nov 06, 2021
Saturday November 6, 2021

TOPIC:BEARERS OF GOOD TIDINGS

BIBLE READING:
Romans 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

MEDITATION:
After nearly five years of ministry among tertiary students in a North Central state in Nigeria, a Missionary recalled his journey of disciplemaking in the state: “If you focus on the pains of the cross and not the joy (of conformity) it works out in you, you'll find no endurance and hope to finish strong.” Writing further, he shared what the good news was: “It is seeing that one student, who was once adorned in wretched garment, now beaming with the radiance of God's transformative work. It is seeing a cheat now championing campaign against examination malpractice…an unsaved now embracing the love of Jesus Christ wholeheartedly. There can be no greater joy!”

Good tidings (good news) is what everyone loves to hear. It is sweet to the ear; it gladdens the soul, and makes the heart rejoice (Proverbs 13:19). From attaining landmark events in life, acquiring a property, success in a business venture, and career promotion, to surviving a health problem or recording a breakthrough after years of waiting, good tidings come in different forms.

God has called us to be bearers of good tidings. While we are eager to proclaim the glad tidings of human success in life, the Good News of reconciliation of man to God through His Jesus Christ should be our highest priority. The salvation, deliverance and victory Jesus brought to humanity is the good news the world needs to hear through you. No tribe, race, language group should be excluded from this opportunity to hear the Good News (Romans 1:16; John 3:16).

Like the Missionary shared, the gospel is God's proven transformation tool for the world. The change we seek in today's world can only be when we break down all barriers to take the gospel to sinful world.

PRAYER:
Lord, make me a carrier of your good news in Jesus name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 37-39 & Hebrews 3
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 5:27am On Nov 07, 2021
Sunday November 7, 2021

TOPIC:FRUITFULNESS – GOD'S DESIGN

BIBLE READING:
Genesis 1:26-28

26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

MEDITATION:
It is commonplace in Africa to see husbands who desire a male progeny, and go several miles to achieve their quest. It's also a familiar thing to see first, second and, sometimes, third family generations towing similar path. Though this sometimes results in crisis of purpose, the preservation of family legacy and identity are often the underlying reasons.

Having created the first humans in His likeness, the triune God set them on a mission to replicate His character quality on earth. The blessing to 'be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth' is also a command. Here, we find God's blessings embedded in a command.

Though sin interfered along the line, it is clear from Genesis 1:28 that the potential to be fruitful is embedded in everyone created by God. This is even more binding on us who have yielded our lives to Christ Jesus. Obeying this God's 'command-blessing' means a propagation of the Kingdom of God here on earth.

We are invited into a partnership that enforces God's ideal, nature, principles, nature in all spheres of life. You are a product of God's fruitfulness, because “God said let us make man in our image, after our likeness.” So, you should see yourself as an embodiment of fruitfulness because that is what God has pronounced upon you.

Like Jesus said in John 15, our fruitfulness lies in abiding in Him. Outside of Christ, there's no multiplicity, there's no growth. We become fruitful as we are nourished by Him. Without Jesus, we are nothing and can do nothing. We can only bear a lasting fruit if we abide in Christ.

The call to fruitfulness is more than a call to preserve legacy; it's a call to fulfilling purpose.

PRAYER:
I have the potentials of God within me therefore, I am fruitful in Jesus name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 40-42 & Hebrews 4

1 Like

Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 6:10am On Nov 08, 2021
Monday November 8, 2021

TOPIC:REWARD ASSURED

BIBLE READING:
Matthew 19:27-29

27 Then answered Peter and said unto him, Behold, we have forsaken all, and followed thee; what shall we have therefore?

28 And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

29 And every one that hath forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my name's sake, shall receive an hundredfold, and shall inherit everlasting life.

MEDITATION:
It is an established practice among the Igbo Traders in Nigeria to 'settle' the persons who undergo tutelage for a trade or business under a Trainer (usually called a Master) after some mutually agreed number of years. This is a system whereby loyalty, industry and commitment are rewarded openly.

Reward is that which is offered in return for a service rendered. Jesus guaranteed his disciples tangible reward for following him – vv. 28-29. God is not a hard, harsh or difficult God. He is not a taskmaster. He has not called us to follow him in vain.

We are not without a hope of a better reward. Having sacrificed comfort and personal dreams to follow Him, Christ assures his followers of a recompense that holds true for here and the hereafter. In 1Corinthians 15:19, Paul re-echoed Jesus words, affirming that our reward transcends this fleeting world. Our hope is not only in this world, else we shall be of all men most miserable. Believers, therefore, should see the command to make disciples (Matthew 28::19) as holding great rewards both for the church and the soul winner.

When you think about your travails in following Jesus, take solace in Christ's comforting answer to Peter's question, “And everyone who has left houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or wife or children or lands, for My name's sake, shall receive a hundredfold, and inherit eternal life” – vs. 29.

PRAYER:
Lord, please help me to follow you wholeheartedly to the end.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 43-45 & Hebrews 5
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 5:41am On Nov 09, 2021
Tuesday November 9, 2021

TOPIC:NUGGET FOR GOOD SUCCESS

BIBLE READING:
Joshua 1:1-9

1 Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came to pass, that the LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying,

2 Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.

3 Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.

4 From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.

5 There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

6 Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.

7 Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest.

8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

MEDITATION:
In today's fast-paced world, success is everything to an average person. Almost all areas of our lives is driven by this quest. Untamed desires for success has led many down the path of darkness, and ruined many promising lives.

While God wants us to succeed, His word clearly points out what success is. The world's idea of success differs sharply from what is obtainable in God. While the world emphasizes the end result, God takes cognizance of every detail of the process that leads to an outcome. Thus God focuses on who we are becoming rather than on what we are getting (in material substance).

Those who follow the world's pattern often ignore the prosperity of their souls and spirit in their pursuit of success. The rising rate of social vices are pointers to this. To God, good success is predicated upon many factors, the major one being the word of God (the Bible). The Bible is God's manual for man's living. It is the key to whatever a man can become in life.

Joshua, on taking over the leadership of Israelites from Moses was enjoined to meditate consistently on the word of God for him to succeed in the assignment – vs. 8. That instruction is still as valid today if you will have good success in life.

You must remember always that it is the word of God you obey and practice that works for you.

How often do you read and meditate on the word of God?

PRAYER:
Lord, teach me your word and give me the grace to obey and practice it daily.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 46-47 & Hebrews 6
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 6:04am On Nov 10, 2021
Wednesday November 10, 2021

TOPIC:OBEDIENCE ACTIVATES FRUITFULNESS

BIBLE READING:
Deuteronomy 28:1-14

1 And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all His commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:

2 And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.

3 Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.

4 Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.

5 Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.

6 Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.

7 The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.

8 The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and He shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.

9 The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as He hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways.

10 And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee.

11 And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers to give thee.

12 The LORD shall open unto thee His good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.

13 And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if thatthou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:

14 And thou shalt not go aside from any of the words which I command thee this day, to the right hand, or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them.

MEDITATION:
There is an abundance of promises for all-round fruitfulness in the scripture. In both the Old and New Testaments, there is a lot the believer in Christ Jesus can claim to come to the experience of an all-round fruitfulness. One challenge this poses to us as Christians is the need to search the scripture carefully and diligently. Many believers today are robbed of God's blessings because they are too lethargic to know the mind of God through His word.

Though all of God's promises are 'Yes and Amen' in Christ Jesus, only obedience and practice of these words align us with these blessings. For us to attain all-round fruitfulness, obedience is key. Our bible reading today lists some of such promises with their conditions for fulfilment in our lives: “I will make you the head and not the tail; you shall be above only, and not be beneath, if you heed the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you today, and are careful to observe them. So you shall not turn aside from any of the words which I command you this day, to the right or the left, to go after other gods to serve them” – vv. 13-14.

What is your level of obedience to God? God places priority on obedience over a thousand sacrifices (I Samuel 15:22). Additionally, God takes greater delight in you obeying than putting up religious attitudes. In what area is God calling you to obedience? Check your life. Take a step of obedience. As you determine to obey God fully, be assured of God's faithfulness to give you all-round fruitfulness. Obedience to God ushers you into God's open space of grace.

PRAYER:
Lord, I yield myself in total obedience to you and your word.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 48-49 & Hebrews 7

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by soty21: 5:35pm On Nov 10, 2021
God bless you for sharing this devotional. Can you pls add me to the WhatsApp group for the devotional, or direct me on how I can get it directly on my WhatsApp every morning.

Thanks
Olayemi
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 6:13am On Nov 11, 2021
Thursday November 11, 2021

TOPIC:TREASURE IN FUTILITY

BIBLE READING:
Matthew 6:19-21

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

MEDITATION:
In Oron Town, Akwa Ibom State of Nigeria, a very wealthy and prominent business man died in the late 80s. While the Officiating Priest was getting set for the graveside final burial rites before the rich man's body was lowered into the grave, an unkempt and haggard lunatic forced his way to the graveside. His appearance and uncontrollably loud noise made access easy for him.

In utter bewilderment, the Priest stepped aside as the lunatic made the following statement: “Oh no, you cannot bury him yet; you have forgotten his houses, money, cars and wives; they must all go with him.” As he ended, he quietly walked away. There was a pin-drop silence in the crowd of family members, sympathisers and mourners. The Priest raised his head and said: “the lunatic has preached the sermon of the day.” The casket was lowered into the grave, and everyone left the graveside quietly, but soberly.

From the bible reading today, Jesus charged his disciples and listeners never to lay up their treasures upon earth because they will be corrupted by moth and rust; thieves will break in and steal – vs. 19. What premium do you place on temporal things? Paul exhorts on the right attitude towards treasures – 1 Timothy 6:6-10. Where do you invest your resources? Here on earth or heaven?

Insatiable gathering and quest for riches and wealth can be futile if they control our lives, and compete with the space for God in our lives.

PRAYER:
Oh Lord, please teach me wisdom so I can lay my treasures in heaven.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 50 & Hebrews 8
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 6:16am On Nov 11, 2021
soty21:
God bless you for sharing this devotional. Can you pls add me to the WhatsApp group for the devotional, or direct me on how I can get it directly on my WhatsApp every morning.

Thanks
Olayemi

Amen, thanks, God bless you too.
I don't have a group for it but you can send your number to my email. shollyblaq16@yahoo.com
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by soty21: 8:48am On Nov 11, 2021
Thanks so much sir/ma
I sent an email but rebounced because your email address could not be found. Maybe you can check again.
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by soty21: 10:54am On Nov 11, 2021
My email is sotik4real@gmail.com
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 7:37am On Nov 12, 2021
Friday November 12, 2021

TOPIC:REFLECTING THE LIGHT OF GOD

BIBLE READING:
John 1:4-9,John 8:12

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.

8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.

9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.

John 8:12
12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

MEDITATION:
Jesus Christ is the light of the world and as true followers of Jesus, we are to reflect the light of God that the world can truly know that we belong to God.

Kamau, a Sunday School Teacher in his church was recruited as a Senior Logistician in a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) that distributed food items in the Southern part of Sudan several years ago. When he arrived at the warehouse as the manager in charge, he insisted he had to be physically present in the warehouse for any food item to be moved into trucks for distribution. For every late night and early morning operation when it was dark, he insisted there must be very good lighting in and around the warehouse. In this way he could checkmate every sharp practice of his warehouse staff. He was nicknamed 'Mr. Light' and hated by his colleagues for his new rules. His insistence on proper lighting exposed some big time fraud that had gone on in that NGO for over 2 years under the cover of
darkness, and had put his agency on collision course with Government officials. He stopped the fraud and the warehouse was re-organized, and his NGO's credibility bounced back.

Kamau was the light in that NGO. His lifestyle show-cased and reflected light that shined among his colleagues. He refused to walk in darkness of greed and fraud.

To shine as light is to live a life that is blameless before God and men in this crooked and perverse world - (Philippians 2: 15). Reflecting the light of God is the challenge of the church today.

In what way can you reflect God's light in your neighbourhood committee for example?

PRAYER:
I am a child of light; Oh Lord, please give me the grace to shine your light to brighten this crooked and perverse world.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Jeremiah 51-52 & Hebrews 9
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by soty21: 9:00am On Nov 12, 2021
Good morning.
I will be grateful if you can please guide me on how I can also buy the soft copy from the source.
Thanks
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 6:46am On Nov 13, 2021
Saturday November 13, 2021

TOPIC:ACTIVATE YOUR POTENTIAL

BIBLE READING:
Joshua 1:1-9

1 Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came to pass, that the LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses' minister, saying,

2 Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all this people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.

3 Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.

4 From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.

5 There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.

6 Be strong and of a good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.

7 Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper withersoever thou goest.

8 This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.

9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.

MEDITATION:
At creation, God put in you all that is needed to achieve good success. It is called potential and it does not work for you until you activate it. Jeremiah was ordained to be a prophet from the womb but had to be activated (Jeremiah 1: 4-cool. Locked within Moses was the potential for great exploits, but he was reluctant to step out for God until God intervened in the Great Exodus episode. Joshua also had to be encouraged by God to release the potential that saw him leading the children of Israel triumphantly into the Promised Land, and dividing the land for them according to God's purpose (Joshua 1: 1-9; 12 and 13).

As a Christian, you carry the seed of good success but the real success only comes when we fully engage our potentials. Stop complaining about the challenges of life. Activate God's abilities within you. Know that you are grafted in Jesus Christ, the true vine and that good success is available in Jesus through you (John 15:1-5).

You must daily engage the word of God through obedience and practice, backed up by fervent prayer of faith to unleash your potentials for good success.

You can have an ATM card or a super smart phone but without activation, it remains useless to you. You must get up and activate your potentials already deposited in you by the working of the Holy Spirit.

What practical steps can you take to release your potentials for good success?

PRAYER:
Father Lord, open the eyes of my spirit to see your purpose and plan for my life in Jesus name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Lamentation 1-2 & Hebrews 10:1-18
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 7:25am On Nov 14, 2021
Sunday November 14, 2021

TOPIC:CHARACTER BEYOND SKILLS

BIBLE READING:
Genesis 6:9-18

MEDITATION:
I was Project Coordinator for an NGO several years ago in one of the South Eastern Cities in Nigeria. We were to recruit a Purchasing Officer to lead a Purchasing Unit we had created. This unit was required to do market surveys and report back to the office with best price options. During the interview for this position, there was a particular candidate who had no formal training or qualification in Purchasing and Supplies but had a university degree in Geology. He brought two reference letters from the last two NGOs he had worked as Supply Officer. Both Agencies had similar recommendations: “Godwin can be trusted, reliable, and loyal; he is of impeccable character; he does not compromise his integrity” As we ended the interview, my Personnel Officer (PO) dropped in a note to me to say, “Sir, I think we have got a candidate for this position in Godwin.”

Noah didn't have the right resume for the job of constructing the Ark. He was neither a boat builder nor a carpenter nor an architect nor a designer. He was a farmer who tilled the land. Yet God used him to deal with the evil in the world at his time. Noah stood out because he walked faithfully with God. God valued Noah's strength of character to resist the corruption and evils around him.

In looking for a Purchasing Officer, we were really not necessarily concerned with skill sets or paper qualifications but someone we could trust and whose antecedents would give us the desired results of proper accountability and value for our money. Godwin had those traits and we went for them.

What character traits do you need God to develop in you to be a useful tool in His hands like Noah?

PRAYER:
Father Lord, please purify my heart and give me the grace to grow those character traits that will commend me to you.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Lamentation 3-5 & Hebrews 10:19-39
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 10:18pm On Nov 14, 2021
soty21:
Good morning.
I will be grateful if you can please guide me on how I can also buy the soft copy from the source.
Thanks

Apologies for the late response, just seeing this message pls check your email.
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 5:23am On Nov 15, 2021
Monday November 15, 2021

TOPIC:DIVINE SECRETS

BIBLE READING:
Daniel 2:19-24

19 Then was the secret revealed unto Daniel in a night vision. Then Daniel blessed the God of heaven.

20 Daniel answered and said, Blessed be the name of God for ever and ever: for wisdom and might are his:

21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

22 He revealeth the deep and secret things: he knoweth what is in the darkness, and the light dwelleth with him.

23 I thank thee, and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers, who hast given me wisdom and might, and hast made known unto me now what we desired of thee: for thou hast now made known unto us the king's matter.

24 Therefore Daniel went in unto Arioch, whom the king had ordained to destroy the wise men of Babylon: he went and said thus unto him; Destroy not the wise men of Babylon: bring me in before the king, and I will shew unto the king the interpretation.

MEDITATION:
In many Information Technology (IT) savvy Organizations, they have staff members who are assigned rights to access or approve or sign certain documents in their systems. If you are not given this right, no matter how IT savvy you are, you cannot perform those specific functions.

In the spiritual realm also, there are divine secrets. If a thing is divine, it means it is of God and from God; never from man. Therefore, it has nothing to do with being rich or powerful or poor or learned or famous or status! Only a select few (Amos 3:7; Colossians 1:26) have access to it. It also means hidden wisdom (1 Cor. 2:7-10). There must therefore be certain conditions to access divine secrets such as fear of God, consistent and persistent prayers.

Once accessed, divine secrets confer dominion and inexplicable authority and control, honour, direct access to the source of resources, divine and inexplicable protection, unsolicited favour and advantage. Daniel (Daniel 5:17) and Elisha (2 Kings 6:8-10) are among those who received divine secrets in scriptures.

Every divine secret must pass certain tests which include, agreement with the word of God, the lifestyle of the person declaring or proclaiming the divine secret, as in showing forth the fruits of the spirit – Matthew 7:20; Galatians 5:22-23.

PRAYER:
Oh Lord, open my ears to receive divine secrets in Jesus name.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Ezekiel 1-2 & Hebrews 11:1-19
Re: Grace For Living Daily Devotion by Solvik(f): 7:11am On Nov 16, 2021
Tuesday November 16, 2021

TOPIC:DIVINE LIFTING

BIBLE READING:
Psalms 40:1-5

1 I waited patiently for the LORD; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.

2 He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.

3 And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.

4 Blessed is that man that maketh the LORD his trust, and respecteth not the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.

5 Many, O LORD my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.

MEDITATION:
God desires to lift His people. Sometimes when we face challenges of life, we do not know where the breakthrough will come from. At such a time God wants us to see in Him the ability to get us out of the predicament. The psalmist was once in such situation and he cried out “I lift up my eyes unto the hills, where does my help comes from? My help comes from the Lord, maker of Heaven and the earth” Psalm 121:1-2.

When we learn to rely on God, the power of lifting comes upon our lives. What stress of life are you experiencing presently? There is a lifting for you. “I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the simple pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand”. Psalm 40:1-2 (NIV).

You are dear to God and for every discouraging situation you may find yourself, God has provided a way of lifting for you. As you wait patiently upon Him, he will release His hand from above to lift you up. For whatever you may be going through, why not lift Him up in praise, worship and thanksgiving (1 Thessalonians 5:18); and He will in turn lift you up.

PRAYER:
Oh Lord, my God you are my divine lifter; please lift me up.

BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Ezekiel 3-4 & Hebrews 11:20-40

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lent And Christian / Christ Doctrine Or Church Doctrine.which Is Gaining Ground. / A Minute Date With God, What Would You Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 208
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.