Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,058 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:52 PM

LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. (7681 Views)

Sanni Bello, Oyetola Appointed Members Of APC Caretaker Committee / PDP NWC Dissolves South South Zonal Caretaker Committee...constitutes New Commit / Buhari Constitutes Economic Team: Charles Soludo, Others Get New Appointments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by naptu2: 6:08pm On Oct 21, 2021
See previous thread here: Lagos State Govt Directs ASPAMDA Caretakers To Conduct Election In 60-90 Days

RECONSTITUTION OF INTERIM CARETAKER COMMITTEE FOR AUTO SPARE PARTS & MACHINERY DEALERS ASSOCIATION (ASPMDA) IN COMPLIANCE WITH JUDGMENTS OF THE HIGH COURT OF LAGOS STATE IN SUIT No. LD/2588/TCM/18 AND COURT OF APPEAL IN CA/L/2513/2018

1. WHEREAS, owing to the buildup of tension and threat to security occasioned by the state of affairs in ASPMDA and to prevent a breach of law and order in the market, Mr. Governor, by a letter dated 3rd July 2020 signed by the Hon. Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, set up an Interim Caretaker Committee sometime in June 2020 with the mandate to immediately conduct elections for new Executive Officers of ASPMDA.

2. WHEREAS, fifteen (15) months after constituting the Interim Caretaker Committee chaired by Sir. Sunday Igbanuzue, the said Committee has failed to conduct the elections for new Executive Officers of ASPMDA.

3. Serious agitation and discontent about the current state of affairs of ASPMDA is threatening to lead to a breakdown of law and order, owing to the failure of the Interim Caretaker Committee to comply with the directives of Mr. Governor that elections be carried out within 30 days of their appointment.

4. Consequently, Mr. Governor has directed the following:

a. Immediate dissolution of the Interim Caretaker Committee constituted by the State Government sometime in June 2020, chaired by Sir. Sunday Igbanuzue.

b. The reconstitution of another Interim Caretaker Committee comprising:

i. Chief Anthony Ughagwu - Chairman
ii. Mr. Dozie Ezeugo - Secretary
iii. Mr. Jonah Aneke - Chief Security Officer (CSO)

To hold elections within 45 days of their appointment and the elections supervised by the State Government.

c. The 45 days tenure of the reconstituted Interim Caretaker Committee shall not be extended.

5. Mr. Governor has furthermore enjoined Law Enforcement Agencies to ensure peace and orderly conduct is maintained during the conduct of the elections.

Signed
Office of Hon. Attorney General & Commissioner for Justice

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=241307238027337&id=100064441879510

2 Likes

Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by Fahdiga(m): 6:13pm On Oct 21, 2021
Lagos is home to all

3 Likes

Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by Jestin: 6:32pm On Oct 21, 2021
No man’s land
Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by NwaNimo1(m): 6:32pm On Oct 21, 2021
The reconstitution of another Interim Caretaker Committee comprising:

i. Chief Anthony Ughagwu - Chairman
ii. Mr. Dozie Ezeugo - Secretary
iii. Mr. Jonah Aneke - Chief Security Officer (CSO)

[img]https://media1./images/3bfdc594138a31437ffe0e0258548c06/tenor.gif?itemid=20828015[/img]

Igbo matters concerning......Not me!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by adexbols: 6:32pm On Oct 21, 2021
Wow
Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by Shellsploit: 6:34pm On Oct 21, 2021
Issokay... Oga ndi oga!!!
Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by Foreverae: 6:34pm On Oct 21, 2021
Bunch 9f fools

2 Likes

Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by naptu2: 6:34pm On Oct 21, 2021
Summary of the story so far.

There was a leadership tussle at ASPAMDA. The High Court dissolved the former leadership and that judgement was affirmed by the Appeal Court.

The former leadership refused to vacate office despite the judgement. This led to threats of violence at the market.

The Lagos State Government set up an interim caretaker committee to conduct elections to produce new leaders at ASPAMDA.

The members of the committee failed to conduct elections and were instead trying to hang on to power. This led to more violence at ASPAMDA.

The State Government gave the Interim Committee another deadline to conduct elections.

The deadline has now passed.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by adebenson155: 6:35pm On Oct 21, 2021
k
Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by Oracleforce: 6:35pm On Oct 21, 2021
Omo Igbo is at it again

1 Like

Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by festacman(m): 6:35pm On Oct 21, 2021

1 Like

Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 21, 2021
Jestin:
No man’s land

Keep saying it online! Your brothers are paying dues running to millions monthly to landlords, and you are here online saying no mans land

Online warrior. Na your type we dey slap thrice every week.

11 Likes

Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by CUMIN: 6:37pm On Oct 21, 2021
Always contributing trouble to wherever they go.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by RichDad1(m): 6:38pm On Oct 21, 2021
Good one for the lousy mouths.

2 Likes

Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by sofiscatedmoron: 6:39pm On Oct 21, 2021
angry
Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by sammirano3: 6:41pm On Oct 21, 2021
SARSCoV2:

Keep saying it online! Your brothers are paying dues running to millions monthly to landlords, and you are here online saying no mans land

No mind the fool, my broda

5 Likes

Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by brandnprinting: 6:41pm On Oct 21, 2021
Baba Oloja loading,

1 Like

Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by Skillsnigeria: 6:53pm On Oct 21, 2021
Hmmm
Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by bukalis(m): 7:02pm On Oct 21, 2021
Na so
I hope the present caretaker committee obey the LASG
Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by Lightorder: 7:21pm On Oct 21, 2021
Oracleforce:
Omo Igbo is at it again
do you have any needle in that market ? One of those names could buy up your entire village. Steer clear ! it is strictly our affairs, mr jobless

6 Likes

Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by chukel(m): 7:23pm On Oct 21, 2021
One biafra indeed. An Igbo dominated market, yet they can't trade in harmony and conduct election peacefully. Even interim committee is holding tight to power. When the governor appoints an iyaloja to man the affairs of the market, they will shout oppression and marginalisation. This is how our biafra will look like. Who do us bikonu.

5 Likes

Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by free2ryhme: 7:31pm On Oct 21, 2021

4 Likes

Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by Donedeal1(m): 7:43pm On Oct 21, 2021
Please let Sanwo Olu give us an Iyaloja to help us out.
Everyone else is a government on it's own here.

1 Like

Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by obigold1(m): 7:45pm On Oct 21, 2021
SARSCoV2:

Guy I wish I can see you face to face
Please where do you stay I wan reason with you.
Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by obigold1(m): 7:49pm On Oct 21, 2021
Please who get this guy full address I wan reason am something abeg
SARSCoV2
I need his full address please
Re: LASG Dissolves ASPAMDA Caretaker Committee, Constitutes Another Committee. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 21, 2021
obigold1:
Please who get this guy full address I wan reason am something abeg
SARSCoV2
I need his full address please

Empty barrel

Doers dont make noise

You even too poor to run intels. You had to come to a public forum.

Smh...

seems like you want to get missing...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gangstar Oba Of Akure Removed! / "I Regret Supporting Subsidy Removal" - Prof Jeffery Sachs / Nigerians Mark Awolowo’s Posthumous Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.