Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,114 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:01 AM

Nigerian Foods That One Can Eat If Watching Weight - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Nigerian Foods That One Can Eat If Watching Weight (95175 Views)

22 Appropriate Names Of Nigerian Foods You Probably Didn't Know / 10 Nigerian Foods You Must Eat Before You Die / Nigerian Food One Can Eat To Add Weight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Foods That One Can Eat If Watching Weight by Nobody: 3:08pm On Mar 04, 2012
thanks y'all, well after so much research and reading through all ur posts, i ended up with a diet like this
wheatbread
brown rice
wheat and black amala as my morsel foods, vegetables, no egusi, i cook with olive oil at most 2tablespoons, garri with unsalted groundnut, weetbix lite(no sugar or salt added), skimmed milk, unripe plantain, beans(1 and half milk cup, to be cooked with one table spoon of palmoil, sweet potatoes, my noodles is just once a week, no carbonated drinks except soda water once in a while, i also reduced my salt intake, no sweets, biscuits or ice cream, the meals can be depressing but for the past 2 months i feel lighter amd healthier and i'm beginning to see results, there is light at the end of the tunnel for me grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Foods That One Can Eat If Watching Weight by tpia5: 8:18pm On Mar 05, 2012
not easy, i know.

very hard sticking to these things.

you can try more fresh fruit also.

i dont always succeed in staying on a low calorie diet, but i just have to keep trying.

small portion sizes are also useful. Or filler foods which dont pack a lot of carbs.
Re: Nigerian Foods That One Can Eat If Watching Weight by martinize(f): 9:01pm On Apr 27, 2012
Is it good to eat semo? And what of coffe does it work? U said we should not eat white rice,where can we get brown rice?
Re: Nigerian Foods That One Can Eat If Watching Weight by Nobody: 9:46am On May 02, 2012
@ martinze.... you can get brown rice at any store or supermarket near you or better still go to shoprite at their rice section u'll see brown rice there. you can also try Basmati rice too.
Re: Nigerian Foods That One Can Eat If Watching Weight by Warlly(m): 10:15pm On May 02, 2012
First thing is avoid any food with sugar
Eat fruit all day
avoid any kind of meat
eat only fish
eat all kind of nuts
Rule of thump:eat anything that grow naturally from the ground
Re: Nigerian Foods That One Can Eat If Watching Weight by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jun 02, 2012
hmmmmmmm. ok
Re: Nigerian Foods That One Can Eat If Watching Weight by deeteeneey(f): 2:04am On Jun 07, 2012
u can check this site for more info, its bn of help to me:
africanweightloss.com/forum/index.php

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Foods That One Can Eat If Watching Weight by Bluemoon1(f): 10:59am On Jul 02, 2012
reduce your carb intake drastically. if possible eliminate rice totally while u are trying to lose weight. eat more proteins like meat and chicken. the main thing is to reduce the carbs, it works
Re: Nigerian Foods That One Can Eat If Watching Weight by Yornandrew: 2:45pm On Jul 09, 2012
No comments
Re: Nigerian Foods That One Can Eat If Watching Weight by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 23, 2012
thanks... losing weight aint easy jor... angry sad
Re: Nigerian Foods That One Can Eat If Watching Weight by belemzy: 7:09pm On Jul 24, 2012
All i did was to cut down on my meal, never the less i am a very selective person when it comes to food. I dislike Yam, beans, and unripe plantain. From a size 18 i fouhgt my way to to 16. I change my food quantity by use a smaller plate to eat, and i never lacked garden egg or cucumber in d house cos i use then to fill up my hunger for more food. I also check out indoor work outs on YOUTUBE. Cheers and good luck.
Re: Nigerian Foods That One Can Eat If Watching Weight by Cyntilatin: 12:56pm On Oct 04, 2012
Please people, is basmatti rice fattening too? I eat brown rice bt its soo not sweet bt av got noo choice. Is wheat bread bad to replace white bread?
Re: Nigerian Foods That One Can Eat If Watching Weight by akinyemiOlamid(f): 10:45pm On May 30, 2013
Oh!!!!!! Thanks for this Post. wink
Have been on diet quite a weak now, no Carbs in-takes embarassed and it has been really helpful in loosing some weights.
I now consume more of Fruits cos, they are reach in Vitamins which helps to fight some diseases and keep the Body Fit and healthy.
Have not been able to go to the gym for some work-out yet, am really loosing the heavy side of me ....am not to Fat though but, am a lady with curves. grin
Re: Nigerian Foods That One Can Eat If Watching Weight by naijainfogalery: 12:16pm On Jan 01, 2015
Looking for the perfect taste of home, where ever you may be, we offer groceries such as Flour and grains , herbs and spices , vegetables, soups and stews, snacks, drinks etc

http://www.nigerianfoods.com/
Re: Nigerian Foods That One Can Eat If Watching Weight by naijainfogalery: 12:16pm On Jan 01, 2015
Looking for the perfect taste of home wherever you may be, we offer groceries such as Flour and grains , herbs and spices , vegetables, soups and stews, snacks, drinks etc

http://www.nigerianfoods.com/
Re: Nigerian Foods That One Can Eat If Watching Weight by nonyeluv1(f): 5:51pm On Nov 26, 2015
My name is Nonye, and I am a distributor of Forever Living Products in Nigeria. I would be happy to help you either with products or with business. Feel free to contact me directly in case you have any questions. Common reasons people contact me are about Aleo Vera products as well as about how to start Forever Living Business. I can certainly help you with that. Aloe vera products are very powerful product for weight loss. They are very good products. We have the clean 9, fit1, and fit 2. They are all for weight loss. Use clean 9 today and burn down those fat in 9 days.its for both men and women.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stunning Photos Of Hilda Baci / Oyinbo People Queue To Buy Nigerian Jollof Rice From "Mama Put" In London. / See What My Girl Friend Served Me For Lunch - Photos

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.