Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,491 members, 7,830,479 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention (8315 Views)

Atiku Thanks Jigawa Residents For Attending PDP Presidential Rally (Pictures) / Edo Judiciary Denies Stopping Orbih,10 Others From Attending National Convention / Edo: Court Restrains Self From Further Hearing Of Suit Challenging Direct Primar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by Kwanza: 9:39pm On Oct 22, 2021
Justice Joy Okeaya-Inneh of a Benin City High Court on Friday issued an interim injunction restraining embattled National Vice Chairman (South-South) of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Dan Orbih, the State Secretary of the party, Hilary Otsu and nine others from participating in the national convention of the party, scheduled to hold from 30 to 31 October, 2021 in Abuja.

Others restrained from participating in the convention by the court order in the suit marked B/218/os/2021, include the member representing Oredo Federal Constituency, Omoregie Ogbeide-Ihama, Hon. Samuel Saiki, Vincent Ekpomhoriri Umoru, Leslie Ebozoje, David Okoh Aigbodion (also known as Arizona) and Abdulkareem Kassim.

Others are Kayode Ogunubi, Mr. Oduwa Igbinosun and Mr. Friday Enaruna and the PDP which was listed as the 12th Defendant.

Justice Okeaya-Inneh while ruling on the motion ex-parte filed by Chief Idehen Manfred Ekundayo, Mr. Stanley Iduoze and Odior Omadimhe, restrained 1st to 11th Defendants from attending, participating, or voting at the National Convention of the PDP, the 12th defendant in the suit.

The court also granted “an order of interim injunction, directing the 12th Defendant (PDP), its servants, officers, agents, or otherwise whosoever, to deny admittance to the 1st-11th Defendants at the National Convention of the 12th Defendant (PDP) scheduled for 30th and 31st October 2021 or any other day and ensure that the 1st-11th Defendants do not vote or participate in any shape or form at the National Convention of the 12th Defendants scheduled for 30th and 31st October 2021 or scheduled for any other date(s), pending the hearing and determination of the Motion on Notice herein”.

According to the enrolment order of the court, Justice Okeaya-Inneh granted leave to the Claimants to serve the concurrent originating summons on the 12th Defendant, outside the jurisdiction of the court at the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, namely at the National Headquarters of the 12th Defendant (PDP) being Plot 1970 Michael Okpara street, Wadata Plaza, Wuse Zone 5, Abuja.

The court also granted leave to the Claimants/Applicants to serve the originating summons and all other accompanying processes in the suit on the 1st-11th Defendants by substituted means, to wit, by Advertisement in a National Newspaper.

Justice Okeaya-Inneh cited the salient pressing issues raised in the processes before the court and ordered accelerated hearing of the Motion-On-Notice.

He further directed the Bailiff of the court to effect service as a matter of urgency of “all the processes in the suit on the 1st–11th Defendants and thereafter adjourned the hearing on the suit to November 2, 2021.
https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/10/22/edo-court-stops-orbih-10-others-from-pdp-convention/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

2 Likes

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by Illuminatiship(m): 9:42pm On Oct 22, 2021
All of them na thief and Edo don worst pass Lagos.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by Christistruth02: 10:06pm On Oct 22, 2021
Edo no be Lagos but Obaseki is too overbearing

Why does he always turn around to attack those who help him ?

Oshio Baba will be busy dancing that his "Skelewu, i told you so" dance

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by Buckeyemedia1: 10:28pm On Oct 22, 2021
Christistruth02:

Useless People, let them go & blame Oshiomole.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by Wahalaperson: 11:02pm On Oct 22, 2021
I don't really have issues with Obaseki fighting everybody around him from APC to PDP.
What I have problem with it the way the man abandoned governance since first term.
Education sector is rotten since he became a governor, this man has within five years in governance turned education in edo state from primary to tertiary to an eyesore.
Roads are worse, security is worse since 1999, sign anti open grazing bill, NO!!! But he's busy importing northerners to Benin minute of the day.
What manner of man is this? A useless tyrant.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:24am On Oct 23, 2021
PDP

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by OLLYBEE24: 6:26am On Oct 23, 2021
rubbish
Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by Buharifan: 6:26am On Oct 23, 2021
PDP is dead. Now and forever, quote me anywhere

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by Runaway: 6:28am On Oct 23, 2021
Edo PDP is becoming shameful to me....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by ATEAMS: 6:28am On Oct 23, 2021
HigH grade WAHALA

1 Like

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by Urbanchampion: 6:29am On Oct 23, 2021
Head or tail, Obaseki is useless...

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by muykem: 6:29am On Oct 23, 2021
Because of temporary monetary gain. Edo PDP sold their platform to devil. Obaseki is the worst politician I have ever seen, somebody that refused house of assembly members to sit three years down the line and those are the people work and voted for him his first term.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by Wantedmiller: 6:33am On Oct 23, 2021
Obaseki.....am begging you work for your people.

Social media fought for your coming back.

1 Like

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by Ogegeodey(m): 6:33am On Oct 23, 2021
PDP were in a rush to sign a sitting governor, now he overides them all

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by Sirjamo: 6:34am On Oct 23, 2021
Mr three credit is working overtime to destroy the PDP.

Always fighting political battles

Nothing to show as achievement after five years

Fighting everybody including the Oba

Next election, he will shout Edo no be Lagos,
Oba ga tope
Oba ga to pole wire

His Tinubu haters will vote for his candidate.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by agbonkamen(f): 6:35am On Oct 23, 2021
PDP deserves what they are getting from Obaseki now cos PDP ideology no tally at all. They sold their birth right to obaseki and they should enjoy their mumu decision all because of Money. grin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by awumen: 6:39am On Oct 23, 2021
Urbanchampion:
Head or tail, Obaseki is useless...
No he is not useless o. He is the best...
I told people then on this forum that I am not a fan of Osho Baba neither do I have anything to do with their wahala politics but I strongly believe that Osho knows something about Obaseki that we all don't know hence the reason behind it all. Well Edo people and our almighty PDP are being served in hot hot pattern.
Roads in Benin are gone education gone rather he is busy fighting everyone all over again. The same style the same cycle.
Edo no b lagos tru tru

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by muykem: 6:40am On Oct 23, 2021
Christistruth02:

Because Edo no be lagos. Bitting a finger that once feed you is Edo trait that makes it different from lagos.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by legendgalas(f): 6:46am On Oct 23, 2021
Edo state
My state
My people
I warned them about this. Obaseki
Oba too warn them
Oshio baba warn
Them no hia
PDP saw a soft landing and booming, they fell for it. Now e don clear for their eyes say "wetin papa sitdown dey see, pikin no fit see am even if pikin climb 50ft ladder.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by Pierce008: 6:48am On Oct 23, 2021
Obaseki has proven to be very unloyal and worse off very ungrateful

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by Nobody: 7:07am On Oct 23, 2021
Oolk
Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by seanfer(m): 7:10am On Oct 23, 2021
Where are the Obaseki/PDP foot soldiers calling us names when we were warning them. Now he’s showing those that worked for him the way out of the party.
This is just the tip of what will happen in the next 3 years.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 23, 2021
Wahalaperson:
I don't really have issues with Obaseki fighting everybody around him from APC to PDP.
What I have problem with it the way the man abandoned governance since first term.
Education sector is rotten since he became a governor, this man has within five years in governance turned education in edo state from primary to tertiary to an eyesore.
Roads are worse, security is worse since 1999, sign anti open grazing bill, NO!!! But he's busy importing northerners to Benin minute of the day.
Yet, Una vote massively for am for second term

Una never see anything

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by Nobody: 7:14am On Oct 23, 2021
Pierce008:
Obaseki has proven to be very unloyal and worse off very ungrateful
Immediately his tenure finish, e will become useless, even if he force his way to the senate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by Yarimoooh: 7:23am On Oct 23, 2021
Obaseki was a time bomb waiting to explode. His true colours are out for everyone to see. It serves Oshiomole and PDP right. You get what you wish for

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by OVB123: 7:24am On Oct 23, 2021
Wahalaperson:
Very soon he will meet his waterloo. Very useless governor.

5 Likes

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by Minjim: 7:28am On Oct 23, 2021
Edo may not be Lagos but loyalty and compensating those that lifted you up when you were down are necessary virtues in politics.

Nigerians are gullible people. Most people voted Obaseki because of the propaganda he promoted during the election.
Now the truth is out

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by NwokoloOwa: 7:29am On Oct 23, 2021
Beyond 30 years of age you can no longer change your personality and your character. This is OBASEKI

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by jessevictor459: 8:00am On Oct 23, 2021
omoh i like what is happening because we told them they said no, edo no be lagos and now edo dey suffer lagos they prosper its good, obaseki should ride on afterall he bought the party

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Edo Court Stops Orbih, 10 Others From Attending PDP Convention by sammyscholar(m): 8:04am On Oct 23, 2021
Edo no be Lagos, let it sink!

The irrelevance and rejection that will trail Obaseki when he finishes his tenure are what are going in the front. Even those who claim to be on his side today are doing so because he's still governor and they have something to get from him. The moment he leaves the sit, even rat will be important than him.

The man feels he has totality of power and always think too highly of himself. He keeps burning bridges and paying evil to those who have helped his political career.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Governor Oyebanji Hails Victorious Nigerian Contingent To World Arts And Crafts / 9th Assembly Leadership: We Won’t Work With PDP, Oshiomhole Insists / Reps Deny Demanding Bribe From Binance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.