Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,201 members, 7,953,742 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:32 AM

Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie (7347 Views)

Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast / Osaze Peter Odemwingie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jun 11, 2011
Whateva angle u view it from, 4m is far 2 cheap 4 a player who not only scored 15 goals in his first season at england, but is currently the footballer of the year in his country. Truly if he needs cheap players he should go 2 serie B in italy or the ligue 2 in france. . .
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by fxtopedia(m): 8:59pm On Jun 11, 2011
Sun of god:

Think David Moyes of Everton is desperate to offload both Yobo and Yakubu.

Wenger should put in a combined bid for them - £1 Million should do the trick.

I can't laugh ooooo
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by YoursGEJ(m): 9:12pm On Jun 11, 2011
he shud up his bid. Even westbrom know say osaze is not in their league. Na pple like konchesky na him hodgson like. He can buy 6 koncheskies with osaze's transfer fee. Make the guy leave there jare, we want to be watching our SE players in weekends and midweek aka UCL!
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by anishe(m): 10:18pm On Jun 11, 2011
Arsene Wenger is a useless coach. Osaze should just stay clear of Arsenal. Man Utd may be better.
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by tubolancer(m): 11:05pm On Jun 11, 2011
Arsene Wenger is not serious had it been osaze was a french man, he would table thirty million for him even at that the man is not ready to buy any player above five million pound.I think the man is very selfish and didn't consider the emotion of we the supporters of Arsenal.
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by phreakabit(m): 11:40pm On Jun 11, 2011
To all those saying all that really matters are weekly wages. Be reminded that his current club, agent and himself would have to split the sign on fee accordingly. If you think about it properly, at the end of it all it would be as though he was signed on a free deal. BTW with $4 million pounds his weekly wages is bound to fall below the 40k mark. Makes absolutely no sense if you ask me.
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by Porthable(m): 1:16am On Jun 12, 2011
I think wenger is growing too old making him have loss of memory. But well i can remind him dat Andy carrol a liverpool player was bought 4 35 mill after only a not to impressive 11 goals. Wenger should leave coaching 4 commentary!
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:29am On Jun 12, 2011
osaze is african (doubts over age)

he is 29 soon 30 ( little or no resale value)

he wont sell jerseys and his marketing value is very low

he may bomb out, or not fit in with Arsenal pattern

he will miss tranches of the season for the next 2 yrs due to nations cup

he will miss games due to other factors

he may not be all that

HOW IS 4 MILLION FIRST OFFER A BAD THING? ARSENAL NE FATHER XMAS?

all u ignoramuses think pple earn fees and salaries out of the air? when ronaldo went for 80 mill, u tink na beans? after the top performances week in week out, at a prime age, he makes madrid stupenduos sums off endorsements and ads.

na fake arsenal jersey osaze go sell for onitsha?

mumu. better thing dey sweet una, but una nor dey like work for am. why do ur players run away from top football at their prime?

a player that moved for 1 mill a year ago should now get sold for 20 @ 30 yrs of age? wetin dey im CV? 15 goals? ever heard of andy johnson? etc etc?

come, if u know little shut up and learn. besides it was a first bid.

no be wetin barca sef dey do dey price fabregas 2 per ten naira?
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by Porthable(m): 1:39am On Jun 12, 2011
Arsenal fan, pele oooh! But lt me tel u a 35 is definately exageratin but 8 or 9 would hve been humbling nw!
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by phreakabit(m): 7:12am On Jun 12, 2011
osaze is african (doubts over age)

he is 29 soon 30 ( little or no resale value)

he wont sell jerseys and his marketing value is very low

he may bomb out, or not fit in with Arsenal pattern

he will miss tranches of the season for the next 2 yrs due to nations cup

he will miss games due to other factors

he  may not be all that

HOW IS 4 MILLION FIRST OFFER A BAD THING? ARSENAL NE FATHER XMAS?

all u ignoramuses think pple earn fees and salaries out of the air?  when ronaldo went for 80 mill, u tink na beans? after the top performances week in week out, at a prime age, he makes madrid stupenduos sums off endorsements and ads.

na fake arsenal jersey osaze go sell for onitsha?

mumu. better thing dey sweet una, but una nor dey like work for am. why do your players run away from top football at their prime?

a player that moved for 1 mill a year ago should now get sold for 20 @ 30 yrs of age? wetin dey im CV? 15 goals?   ever heard of andy johnson? etc etc?

come, if u know little shut up and learn.  besides it was a first bid.

no be wetin barca sef dey do dey price fabregas 2 per ten naira?

Arsenal fans are sh.i.t dripping cu[b]#[/b]ts. You talk about ignoramus , yet you can't spell properly if it will save your life! And just so you know I will buy Osaze over that feminine captain of yours fabregas, and b4 you go around parading yourself like some football encyclopedia, Andy Johnson @ Everton (when he was hot) was a simple tap in striker with great upper body strength, reminiscent of Yakubu. Nothing more nothing less!
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by tashanja(m): 10:24am On Jun 12, 2011
A player's worth, value or price, like any other commodity, is determined by the simple market forces of supply and demand.
Its an open market, if the player is worth more and in demand, many other clubs would be competing to buy him and his club would sell to highest bidder - subject, of course, to the contractual conditions between club and player.

In football, clubs and players are out to make as much money for themselves; and when it comes to money, there is no discrimination between black and white, African or European - so guys please stop arguing based on sentiments.
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by dapofrank(m): 2:21pm On Jun 12, 2011
Wenger has come with this his economics madness! Arsenal needs attackers and defenders period! Instead of buying players the guy is busy doing economics! By the way, I think the price tag of 4m is an insult on osaze!
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by vislabraye(m): 4:01pm On Jun 13, 2011
I'm sure the deal Osaze woudld get at Arsenal would be much better thann what he currently has at West Brom. He would play in CL for sure. But if a better offer comes for Osaze, he should go for it. Let's not 4get age factor
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by jackpot(f): 9:15am On Jun 14, 2011
If only Osaze had used a football age instead of his real age. . .

Value goes hand in hand with age.
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by 1025: 1:52pm On Jun 14, 2011
all these conditions based on age and market values are only seen in arsenal. how much was henry sold and at what age? when toure was very young, how much did wenger buy him and when he was becoming old, how much did he sale him? is walcot whom wenger spent 15 million on better than osaze? if osaze's age is the problem now, why didn't wenger buy him all these years that he was young? if i may ask, is wenger not seeing the likes of sanchez, neymar and other top class strikers that are young or is he looking for a player to trade on? this same mad man(wenger) have made it clear on several occassions that he is into small children so why is he looking osaze's way now abi he wan develop osaze at 40 years?
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by jackpot(f): 5:49am On Jun 15, 2011
hmm
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by Roland17(m): 5:41am On Jun 19, 2011
how much do we expect him to be bought, have u considered his age, he would be 31 by next yr, how much longer can he play and withstand the physical nature of the premiership, wat would be the return on investment, its a very risky deal for wenger and he knows that, 4 million is a good deal for me, how much do u think feggie would pay if he was tto consider the guy, 5 probably,
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by ymstar(m): 1:02pm On Mar 03, 2021
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Wizkid Truly The First African Artiste To Perform In World Cup Opening Ceremo / Unfailing Method : Make Your Bookmakers Cry / Will Startimes Be Showing Pre-season Matches As From Tomorrow?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.