Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:04 AM

Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie (7306 Views)

Odemwingie Still Wants To Play For Nigeria / N2.4m For Super Eagles If They Defeat Ivory Coast / Osaze Peter Odemwingie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by scopusng(m): 9:24am On Jun 03, 2011
Arsenal are weighing up a shock cut-price £4million move for West Bromwich striker Peter Odemwingie.

Arsene Wenger wants to bolster his attacking options to take the goalscoring burden off Robin van Persie - who yesterday renewed his attack on Chelsea players for what he views as their attempts to intimidate officials.

Odemwingie caught Wenger’s eye during both Premier League clashes against the Baggies last season, which saw the Midlands club take four points - including a 3-2 win at the Emirates.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1393687/Arsenal-bid-4m-West-Brom-striker-Peter-Odemwingie.html#ixzz1OCQHczoq
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by 1025: 1:50pm On Jun 03, 2011
osaze shld not mind that madman called wenger. he shld go to france where players are bought for $1m. who among his players scored 15 goals in the last season? this thing wenger has no respect for players. does osaze look like a cheap article to him?
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by scopusng(m): 3:11pm On Jun 03, 2011
1025:

osaze shld not mind that madman called wenger. he shld go to france where players are bought for $1m. who among his players scored 15 goals in the last season? this thing wenger has no respect for players. does osaze look like a cheap article to him?

What planet are you from? How much did Westbrom bought Osaze? Anyway, be aware that Van Persie scored more than Osaze last season with 18 goals.

In Arsene I trust.
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by dustydee: 4:08pm On Jun 03, 2011
4 million is not that bad.
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by DisGuy: 6:21pm On Jun 03, 2011
1025:

what Osaze should be concerned about is his take home pay, the players don get the money they are bought/sold for, whats important is his wages and image rights

But i think he should stay at west brom

Where is Martins today?
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by scopusng(m): 6:56pm On Jun 03, 2011
Watching,
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by phreakabit(m): 8:06pm On Jun 03, 2011
God punish wenger. 4M? Does he think he is buying a player from the championship? Someone should tell this lunatic that the slave trade era is over ( at least thats what they tell us). He never buys black players at reasonable prices! Arrant lunatic, delusional old racist fart.  angry
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by MeGaStReEt: 8:11pm On Jun 04, 2011
Wenger don suffer for una hand no be small

but I think 6 or 8m is okay
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jun 05, 2011
after kanu, wenger has been skeptical about Nigerian players. Obafemi made it worse by not moving to arsenal when there was a discrepancy in price,now even Rubin kazan are not missing him. The factors against Osaze are the price he was sold from lokomotiv,his age and him being a nigerian.
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by 1025: 9:57am On Jun 07, 2011
what Osaze should be concerned about is his take home pay, the players don get the money they are bought/sold for, whats important is his wages and image rights

But i think he should stay at west brom

Where is Martins today?

@dis guy,
where do u get this poison u are feeding us with? eto sue barca when they delayed his share of the transfer fee. the only time a player does not get share of the money is when the player forced his own transfer. assuming you tell the club that u want to leave and they refused, u then petition them. that is forcing ur way out. but if the club willingly sale, the player is sure of at least 10 to 15% of the transfer fees.

What planet are you from? How much did Westbrom bought Osaze? Anyway, be aware that Van Persie scored more than Osaze last season with 18 goals.

@scopusng,
how much did man u buy ronaldo and how much did they sale him to madrid? apart from odemwingie, tell me any other player that scored up to 10 goals in a season that could be priced 4million. how many goals did tores score after his 50 million move? if van persie scored 18 in arsenal, i can bet it with anything that he can make 10 in west brom. have u ever looked at osaze's goals? most of them are solo efforts while van persie enjoy finished jobs. if this lunatic(wenger) can spend good money on osaze, the guy is sure to deliver at least 25.
are u aware that whatsoever amount man u bought hernandez, triple of the price cannot get him from man u now? and i am sure the guy did not do up to 15 goals. it is called tested and trusted with epl experience.
the truth about the matter is that most of these coaches have no respect for black players. apart from mourinho, tell me another coach that spends quality money buying a black player. do u know the embarrassment given to eto by the barca coach when he used eto and 40 million to by ibrahimovic? how far did the two players fair in their new destinations? eto ended up with a triple while ibrahim ended up with a loan spell.
most of us here are so inferior that nothing good to them can come from the fellow country man while others are dying of envy.
tell me in ur dreams what a player will do to worth 20 million pounds or more that osaze has not done. tell me what walcot who wenger bought 15 million has done in arsenal.

1 Like

Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 07, 2011
@ 1025
the part about Walcott's sign on fee, makes me feel like strangling Wenger.
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by DisGuy: 11:44pm On Jun 07, 2011
1025:

@dis guy,
where do u get this poison u are feeding us with? eto sue barca when they delayed his share of the transfer fee. the only time a player does not get share of the money is when the player forced his own transfer. assuming you tell the club that u want to leave and they refused, u then petition them. that is forcing your way out. but if the club willingly sale, the player is sure of at least 10 to 15% of the transfer fees.

what i'm saying is that the price they buy or sell a player for his not going into his account, 10/15% isnt much if you compare it to the salary and endorsement you can get from a big club

But honestly what do you guys think he is worth? I know some players get ridiculous amount of money but they have mad agents with great marketability, its not just about the goals, its about how much they can bring in, ordinary Jun sun park of Man U will bring in millions from shirt sales
Its not about inferiority complex there's much more that goes into some players value than the amount of goal they score in one season

if this lunatic(wenger) can spend good money on osaze, the guy is sure to deliver at least 25.

lol you think the amount of money bought i proportional to the number of goals? Torres

Anyway its not compulsory Wenger buys him others should make a better offer
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by 1025: 9:58pm On Jun 09, 2011
what i'm saying is that the price they buy or sell a player for his not going into his account, 10/15% isnt much if you compare it to the salary and endorsement you can get from a big club

But honestly what do you guys think he is worth? I know some players get ridiculous amount of money but they have mad agents with great marketability, its not just about the goals, its about how much they can bring in, ordinary Jun sun park of Man U will bring in millions from shirt sales
Its not about inferiority complex there's much more that goes into some players value than the amount of goal they score in one season

@dis guy,
now that you are changing ur position, let me lecture u or remind u this. assuming wenger buys osaze at 4 million, and osaze ends up with 15%, does 600,000 pounds not make sense to you or how long does it take a player to get that amount from salary.
if you talk quality, who was walcot when wenger signed him for 15 million?
if not for their non-respect for black players, tell me why ferguson will buy mikel at 4 million and then sale him for 16 million within days? why not 4.5 million?
why will wenger buy kolo toure for 500,000 pounds and sale him for over 20 million? osaze for God's sake is a tasted and trusted player even in the epl, what else will a player do to cost 10 million and above. if not for mounrinho, which player will ever worth 10 million to you?
what will u say if nasri is a black player and is requesting for 110,000 pounds per week?
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by DisGuy: 10:48pm On Jun 09, 2011
1025:

@dis guy,
now that you are changing your position, let me lecture u or remind u this. assuming wenger buys osaze at 4 million, and osaze ends up with 15%, does 600,000 pounds not make sense to you or how long does it take a player to get that amount from salary.
if you talk quality, who was walcot when wenger signed him for 15 million?
if not for their non-respect for black players, tell me why ferguson will buy mikel at 4 million and then sale him for 16 million within days? why not 4.5 million?
[b]why will wenger buy kolo toure for 500,000 pounds and sale him for over 20 million? [/b]osaze for God's sake is a tasted and trusted player even in the epl, what else will a player do to cost 10 million and above. if not for mounrinho, which player will ever worth 10 million to you?
what will u say if nasri is a black player and is requesting for 110,000 pounds per week?

depending on your initial negotiation you will make your money back (not sure for a nigerian player) but will image rights and sponsorship the money you get from sign on go be chicken change tax and all, Just a trip to Japan earned Beckham $1m

If you have a degree from tafawa balewa and a masters from Harvard, your level go change sharp sharp! Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea are not on the same level as West brom, you cant go from Goldmans to UBA for cheap money

There is brand name, you dont buy any regular player from a top team for cheap money, once you are in your prime and played for top team with a re-sale value you will be bought for more money, but if you are in your 30s in the EPL your re-sale value is not that much except you are a defender or GK

it's all about added value, Nigeria sells Crude Oil for $100/barrell, refined products of that barrell brings in $10,000

Players asking for wages is different from the price they are bought/sold for, it all depends on what you think you can get somewhere else. if you know someone can offer you that much you can use that to bargain for wage increase or just jump ship

1 Like

Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by 1025: 2:14pm On Jun 10, 2011
depending on your initial negotiation you will make your money back (not sure for a nigerian player) but will image rights and sponsorship the money you get from sign on go be chicken change tax and all, Just a trip to Japan earned Beckham $1m

If you have a degree from tafawa balewa and a masters from Harvard, your level go change sharp sharp! Arsenal, Man U, Chelsea are not on the same level as West brom, you cant go from Goldmans to UBA for cheap money

There is brand name, you dont buy any regular player from a top team for cheap money, once you are in your prime and played for top team with a re-sale value you will be bought for more money, but if you are in your 30s in the EPL your re-sale value is not that much except you are a defender or GK

it's all about added value, Nigeria sells Crude Oil for $100/barrell, refined products of that barrell brings in $10,000

Players asking for wages is different from the price they are bought/sold for, it all depends on what you think you can get somewhere else. if you know someone can offer you that much you can use that to bargain for wage increase or just jump ship

@dis guy,
image right is not always that of the player. if you don't know about all these things, you have internet to make your findings. backham left madrid because he wanted a whole right to his image. madrid could not pay that much for a player that seats on the bench without having a share of his image right. again, all these depends on the club and player. such influential players with sign out clauses that involve huge sums always do not have total right to their image. beckham had an endorsement of $63m with gillet while he was at madrid and in ur mind, madrid will watch him enjoy all that? mikel, drogba and essien were featured in the samsung advert so you think samsung who are chelsea sponsors did all that with the players alone?
again, where was essien bought from? where did drogba come from? in arsenal, where did walcot come from? the quality of a player is the no 1 issue in selling them not their clubs. robinho cost man city 32 million pounds and the same player was sold by man city at 10 million pounds why? do u think man city is not rich or a big club? man u bought mikel this week at 4 million pounds and without playing a single game for them was sold to chelsea at 16 million.
how much did chelsea buy diarra and how much did arsenal buy diarra from chelsea or are u saying chelsea is a small club?
how mcuh did chelsea buy kezman who was later add to 24 million to buy essien from lyon or is lyon bigger than chelsea?
uncle, get ur information right before posting and do same with examples because many of us here have information on the game of soccer.

1 Like

Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by mallorca(m): 6:17pm On Jun 11, 2011
too cheap for player of his class
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by iz2much: 6:23pm On Jun 11, 2011
chai! the man for buy me o £1m don do me. ame we use the £3m flex
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by Dsense(m): 6:24pm On Jun 11, 2011
Wenger don craze when me dey here dey beg to be bought for just $50,000 embarassed

1 Like

Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by tunde300us(m): 6:37pm On Jun 11, 2011
The CL is very important for osaze, but i think wenger can go to around 6m-8m and am sure westbrom go sell am sharp sharp.
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by MMM2(m): 6:39pm On Jun 11, 2011
dat good
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by Parnassuss(m): 6:40pm On Jun 11, 2011
Wenger is not serious. Three years ago when he expressed admiration for Osaze, the lad would have moved for pennies but no, the bastard gay kept Osaze on a pipe dream and now WestBrom is enjoying their gamble the gay bastard again wants to insult them, in fact plus me, with this paltry sum? Does anyone here think Micheal owen would be sold at that price? And who the hell says Osaze doesn't sell Jerseys, the dude is fast becoming a WestBrom Legend! If the manager's most important task of the break is to KEEP Osaze at the club don't you think that means Osaze is big business? Abeg you Arsenal fuckas should do your signature move and flunk out before things get serious.
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by octar6: 6:55pm On Jun 11, 2011
Dats wat u get 4rm a stingy,confused, unproductive,selfish coach. Wenger runs arsenel as his own private biznes.dats y arsenel cant perform.lets face d truth.
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 11, 2011
octar6:

Dats wat u get 4rm a stingy,confused, unproductive,selfish coach. Wenger runs arsenel as his own private biznes.dats y arsenel cant perform.lets face d truth.
he is productive, u assss
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by octar6: 7:09pm On Jun 11, 2011
Donlittle:

he is productive, u assss
. When last did he win trophies? Most Arsenel fans like u hate d truth. Go hug transformer,big ^fool^ like u.
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 11, 2011
octar6:

. When last did he win trophies? Most Arsenel fans like u hate d truth. Go hug transformer,big ^fool^ like u.
ur a modasucka, wenger is productive, ok?? point blank period
i will always call for his sack tho, anytime anyday
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by logica(m): 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2011
While performance is important AGE can also be a factor in the pricing of a player. Young players (in the 20 to 26 range) are bound to be a bit more pricey that any other range.
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by octar6: 7:21pm On Jun 11, 2011
Donlittle:

your a modasucka, wenger is productive, ok?? point blank period
i will always call for his sack tho, anytime anyday
. Its pointless arguin with a lunatic.2 hell
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by BabaO2: 7:24pm On Jun 11, 2011
God punish wenger. 4M? Does he think he is buying a player from the championship? Someone should tell this lunatic that the slave trade era is over ( at least thats what they tell us). He never buys black players at reasonable prices! Arrant lunatic, delusional old racist fart.
I smh for this country, with your wrong understanding of issues.
if he likes, buy him for £500k, it is not odewingwe's problem but the club selling, odewingwe is only entitle to certain percentage of the sale.
What matters most to him (Osaze) is his weekly wages wherever he's going. WBA bought same osaze £1m mid session that just concluded from locomotive, buying him for £4m now is not a bad deal for WBA at all.
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by DollyB(m): 7:36pm On Jun 11, 2011
ozase d money 2 small ask am make him jncrease am to 15m, u gas pay ur manager abi? wink
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by Gbenge77(m): 7:43pm On Jun 11, 2011
I think Arsene's Arsenal will eventually settle for Gervinho
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by Sunofgod(m): 8:02pm On Jun 11, 2011
Think David Moyes of Everton is desperate to offload both Yobo and Yakubu.

Wenger should put in a combined bid for them - £1 Million should do the trick.
Re: Wenger Bid £4m For Peter Odemwingie by monkeyleg: 8:11pm On Jun 11, 2011
I hope this goes through. It will be a good move for both player and manager. Osaze will fit into Arsenals way of playing

(1) (2) (Reply)

Usain Bolt Is Superhuman / Asisat Oshoala Scores As Barcelona Beats Villarreal 5-0. / England Vs Algeria - [0 - 0] - World Cup 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.