Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:23 PM

How To Get Along With Each Other In Our Relationships - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To Get Along With Each Other In Our Relationships (2555 Views)

Keeping Our Relationships / The Thinking & Feeling Function - How They Impact Our Relationships. / Telling The Truth: Can It Hurt Relationships? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Get Along With Each Other In Our Relationships by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 03, 2011
Hello Everyone,

I receive the UCB daily devotional everyday and I just thought I would share today's message with everyone (June 3rd 2011)  at it really touched me. Its about getting along with each other; be it friendships, family matters, with relatives, marriage, colleagues etc God's way.

This is what God wants us to do and we cant go wrong if we follow Gods plan for our lives.

I am posting this in the family section because we encounter a lot of relationships & different relationship issues in this section, and I believe that if we can try and use Gods template for resolving issues, we can move mountains in our relationships  kiss

[b]
Getting Along with Each Other - UCB Daily Devotional June 3rd 2011 - You must get along with each other,  1 Corinthians 1:10

Here are two things you must do in order to mend a broken relationship. First, attack the problem, not the person. You can't fix the problem if you're obsessed with fixing the blame.

The Bible says, 'A gentle response defuses anger, but a sharp tongue kindles a temper-fire' (Proverbs 15:1 TM). In resolving any conflict, how you say it is as important as what you say. If you say it offensively, you'll be received defensively. 'A wise, mature person is known for his understanding.

The more pleasant his words, the more persuasive he is' (Proverbs 16:21 GNT). Nagging doesn't work. You're never persuasive when you're abrasive! Don't use words that are condemning, belittling, comparing, labeling, insulting, condescending or sarcastic; rather, 'Use,  only helpful words,  so that what you say will do good to those who hear you' (Ephesians 4:29 GNT). Second, focus on your relationship, not your differences.

It's unrealistic to expect everybody to agree about everything. But when we focus on the relationship, the problem often loses its significance, diminishes or becomes irrelevant. Often we can re-establish the relationship even though we're unable to resolve our differences. We'll always have honest disagreements, but surely, by God's grace, we can disagree without being disagreeable. We can walk arm-in-arm without seeing eye-to-eye.

This doesn't mean giving up on finding a solution. You may need to continue discussing it - but now you agree to do it in the spirit of love. Reconciliation means burying the hatchet, not necessarily the issue. So who do you need to contact?

With whom do you need to restore fellowship? Pick up the phone and begin the process
[/b]
Re: How To Get Along With Each Other In Our Relationships by Scooby1(m): 9:52am On Jun 03, 2011
Nice one
Re: How To Get Along With Each Other In Our Relationships by zayhal(f): 9:57am On Jun 03, 2011
Thank you for sharing.

Where have you been? I have personally missed you around here.
Re: How To Get Along With Each Other In Our Relationships by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 03, 2011
Thanks for sharing Madam CC! cool cool

I sure could use some of these tips right now. embarassed embarassed
Re: How To Get Along With Each Other In Our Relationships by babyme1(f): 11:18am On Jun 03, 2011
Thanks smiley
Re: How To Get Along With Each Other In Our Relationships by Blazay(m): 6:05pm On Jun 03, 2011
Nice tips for the 'biblical-minded"! wink
Not applicable.
Why should dying or dead relationships be re-established with the help of God or the Bible?
My relationships are solid and meaningful.
If terminated, or cease to be meaningful, they do not need to be rekindled.
I celebrate such losses. kiss

I try to leave my God out of my relationships and bother him for more meaningful things.
What your God has given you to be yours can NEVER be taken away.
If it leaves your hands, it does not belong to you.
To whom it may concern please. cool
Re: How To Get Along With Each Other In Our Relationships by mutter(f): 1:24am On Jun 04, 2011
Chairover, that is a nice one and I think I shall be coming back to read up this advice when next I get this feeling to twist someone's neck. wink
Re: How To Get Along With Each Other In Our Relationships by Nekai(f): 2:41am On Jun 04, 2011
chaircover:

Hello Everyone,

I receive the UCB daily devotional everyday and I just thought I would share today's message with everyone (June 3rd 2011)  at it really touched me. Its about getting along with each other; be it friendships, family matters, with relatives, marriage, colleagues etc God's way.

This is what God wants us to do and we cant go wrong if we follow Gods plan for our lives.

I am posting this in the family section because we encounter a lot of relationships & different relationship issues in this section, and I believe that if we can try and use Gods template for resolving issues, we can move mountains in our relationships  kiss

[b]
Getting Along with Each Other - UCB Daily Devotional June 3rd 2011 - You must get along with each other,  1 Corinthians 1:10

Here are two things you must do in order to mend a broken relationship. First, attack the problem, not the person. You can't fix the problem if you're obsessed with fixing the blame.

The Bible says, 'A gentle response defuses anger, but a sharp tongue kindles a temper-fire' (Proverbs 15:1 TM). In resolving any conflict, how you say it is as important as what you say. If you say it offensively, you'll be received defensively. 'A wise, mature person is known for his understanding.

The more pleasant his words, the more persuasive he is' (Proverbs 16:21 GNT). Nagging doesn't work. You're never persuasive when you're abrasive! Don't use words that are condemning, belittling, comparing, labeling, insulting, condescending or sarcastic; rather, 'Use,  only helpful words,  so that what you say will do good to those who hear you' (Ephesians 4:29 GNT). Second, focus on your relationship, not your differences.

It's unrealistic to expect everybody to agree about everything. But when we focus on the relationship, the problem often loses its significance, diminishes or becomes irrelevant. Often we can re-establish the relationship even though we're unable to resolve our differences. We'll always have honest disagreements, but surely, by God's grace, we can disagree without being disagreeable. We can walk arm-in-arm without seeing eye-to-eye.

This doesn't mean giving up on finding a solution. You may need to continue discussing it - but now you agree to do it in the spirit of love. Reconciliation means burying the hatchet, not necessarily the issue. So who do you need to contact?

With whom do you need to restore fellowship? Pick up the phone and begin the process
[/b]

I love this! kiss kiss kiss

(1) (Reply)

Help. Someone stole and edited my thre / .. / He Married Me For Papers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.