Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej (4090 Views)

Photo Of Bola Tinubu On The 'wall Of Fame' As An Outstanding Alumni In America / Leo Ekpenyong Who Accused Akpabio Of Corruption Charged With Defamation / PHOTO:That Moment When A Goat Decided To Fall NEPA Hand By Caling Spade A Spade. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by edicolove: 11:39am On Jun 04, 2011
Nairaland has become a platform for bitter Nigerians, especially in diaspora, to vent their anger. I can understand the pain but it still doesnt justify their lack of objectivity and ignorance about Nigeria. Just insults and baseless criticisms. They will criticize anything. It doesnt matter if you do the right thing or not. They are making many threads boring on Nairaland. The sad part is that Nigerian train is fast moving on, into the future and they will loose out big time if they dont change their negativity. There is a lot to gain from the emerging development atmosphere and new policies. But you cannot benefit from it or grow with it as a bonafide Nigerian if you spend or your time trying to rubbish it.
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by ibedun: 12:03pm On Jun 04, 2011
So GEJ has passed the FOI bill. GREAT

Why do Nigerians sit around and expect everything to be done for them?

It is our responsibility as a PEOPLE to change our country. Nobody can / will do it for us.

GEJ has just done his bit (passed the FOI bill) the rest is now with the press and the PEOPLE.

When a country is full of clueless people then obviously the people must endure severe suffering.

GEJ has and continues to do his bit - this is not the time to expect or wait for miracles.
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by zstranger: 12:22pm On Jun 04, 2011
^^^

Wait a minute, Miracles arent real?
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by Rhino5dm: 12:42pm On Jun 04, 2011
Speak for yourself broda.
Many of us are on ground and can testify that nothing is changing, infact things is getting worst. A pointer is that yesterday the IGP went to beg the former speaker of house to allow himself to be arrested.

edicolove:

Nairaland has become a platform for bitter Nigerians, especially in diaspora, to vent their anger. I can understand the pain but it still doesnt justify their lack of objectivity and ignorance about Nigeria. Just insults and baseless criticisms. They will criticize anything. It doesnt matter if you do the right thing or not. They are making many threads boring on Nairaland. The sad part is that Nigerian train is fast moving on, into the future and they will loose out big time if they dont change their negativity. There is a lot to gain from the emerging development atmosphere and new policies. But you cannot benefit from it or grow with it as a bonafide Nigerian if you spend or your time trying to rubbish it.
edicolove:

Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by friedrice1: 1:06pm On Jun 04, 2011
Ibime:

Jonathan must be SAMSON cos if he pushes the wall down, the wall will fall on him as well as the Philistines.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin i love this,
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by JimmyBoy1: 1:25pm On Jun 04, 2011
Everybody knows there is a difference between policy and 'compliance with the policy'.until I see the latter,my response remain ' Na Today?'.
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by eros(m): 1:50pm On Jun 04, 2011
Brother Jona always talking, please act for once. angry angry angry
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by sleek29(m): 2:17pm On Jun 04, 2011
All he does is to give ultimatums and believe in luck, after bank ole resist arrest, i dey wait ooo
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by philip0906(m): 2:30pm On Jun 04, 2011
dis jonathan of a man is a joke. . .i pity my country
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by seanet02: 4:05pm On Jun 04, 2011
Philip long time o
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by Sonofpeace(m): 8:03pm On Jun 04, 2011
Nawa for Nigerians. What do we really want? FOI or GEJ head? The man has done his part by signing FOI into law, it is then left for every Nigerian to demand for clarification of any unclear information or act.
What we should be discussing is how to utilise our new right and not this crap we are talking here.
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by Fadipeshet(m): 8:47pm On Jun 04, 2011
Signing a bill into law is no big deal without prejudice to the good intention of the FOI bill.
Following through with the implementation of such laws has always been a big challenge.

For instance, what has happened to the section of the electoral act that says incumbent public office holders should
resign from their current office not later than 3 months before contesting for an election.

The question is this HAS THIS BEEN FULLY IMPLEMENTED TO THE LATTER?.

My suggestion for a corruption free Nigeria:

1. Strenghten the Judiciary
2. Empower and Equip the Police

Before you know it, everything will become normal
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by zoraro(m): 9:40pm On Jun 04, 2011
JAZES:

This GEJ guy is just one hell of a Big Clown.
Sometimes i wonder how he just open his ARSE
sorry Mouth to make empty promises.
Oga President, you dont need to talk b4 what we know
you are lying cos action speaks louder than words.
TALK IS CHEAP cool cool cool

A clown is your President. You must be a bigger clown. angry
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by EkoIle1: 9:54pm On Jun 04, 2011
This GEJ clown really need to shut his fishy mouth sometimes, at least till they get rid of their corrupt Immunity Clause.

Evn gan sef, is this no the same man blocking EFCC left and right from going after these unpatriotuc and corrupt idiots?
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by clemsajayi07(m): 11:32pm On Jun 04, 2011
it should start from the gathering of gang of LoOtErS called PDP(papa decieve pikin),
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by enyojo(f): 11:36pm On Jun 04, 2011
zoraro:

A clown is your President. You must be a bigger clown. angry

ALL OF YOU THAT VOTED FOR A CLOWN ARE BIGGER CLOWNS
BEAF IS NO. 1
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by zoraro(m): 10:51am On Jun 05, 2011
I can see that there a lot of juvenile delinquents here. angry
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by T9ksy(m): 3:25pm On Jun 05, 2011
The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej

I seem to recollect OBJoke making similar assertion at his inauguration in 1999 whilst surrounded by ex-NPN stalwarts and Militicians.I laughed so hard i damn nearly broke a rib!
His (OBJoke's) apologists then said, "oh, let's give him a chance- he may pull through", but "discerning minds" like moi who still remembers his brief stint as our military dictator knew nothing was ever gonna come out of his "jerusalem". Lol and behold, OBJoke subsequently went on to fill his kitchen cabinent with same old mofos who were directly complict in our extant myriad  quandary.  Oh well, the rest as they say, is now history.

So, as to the above quote in bolded credited to Gej, my simple response is
"Odechukwu, i beg comot 4 road mak i hia word, jo. we 've heard it all before,read the script, seen the movie and even wore the T-shirt".

Actions speaks louder than words and so far, Gej's performance is nothing to write home to the archbishop of Canterbury about or dance on the rooftop of cocoa house.

I have no faith in Odechukwu, never had and with his recent dumb rhetorics, never will.
At the mo, am just in "Look & Laugh" mode. cool.
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by adaphik(f): 5:13pm On Jun 05, 2011
Well, we're all watching u, Mr President.
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by Kobojunkie: 5:47pm On Jun 05, 2011
^^^ Are you sure? Cause he was supposed to declare his assets, before swearing in ceremony but never did that. And following his example, most all of our recently elected leaders were sworn without that.
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by marvix(m): 5:50pm On Jun 05, 2011
What would nairalanders have said if jonathan has refused to sign the bill saying it was not enforceable, I guess its a case of whatever u do people will talk, The FOI bill is now an act if u dont like it, u can climb NEPA pole and make a call to baba God!
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by pleep(m): 7:03pm On Jun 05, 2011
arrest obj!
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jun 05, 2011
"Odechukwu, i beg comot 4 road mak i hia word, jo. we 've heard it all before,read the script, seen the movie and even wore the T-shirt".

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

classic
Re: The Wall Of Corruption In Nigeria Is About To Fall Down - Gej by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 05, 2011
You guys and your negative attitude.

Did the wall of Jericho not fall on the third day?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Father Would Have Checked Boko Haram, Says Mohammed Abacha / 2015 BENUE GOVERNORSHIP : CAN IDOMA BREAK THE 38 YEAR JINX ? / Chelsea Beloved Female Doctor Axed After Mourinho Anger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.