Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:50 AM

Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers (24572 Views)

Don’t Carry AK-47 - Bala Mohammed Begs Herdsmen / #SackBuhari: Lai Mohammed Begs Nigerians To Pardon Buhari Over Certificate / The #AmaechiTapes And The Low Budget Lai Mohammed Called Tolu Ogunlesi - Reno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by Islie: 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2021
The Minister of Information, Culture and Tourism, Lai Mohammed, has pleaded with the House of Representatives Committee on Information, National Orientation, Ethics and Values not to cut the ministry’s budget proposal.

Mr Mohammed, along with some heads of agencies under the ministry, had appeared before the committee on Monday to defend the propaganda budget.

“My prayer is that please don’t reduce from what is presented. Don’t touch my budget because you will have no moral justification for accusing the executive of giving me small,” he said.

According to him, when he met his counterpart in China and asked how much their budget for information was, the Chinese said it was national security.

Members of the committee also expressed concerns over underfunding of the ministry.

“I don’t know why the Ministry of Information is being underfunded. And I see some state ministries being funded more than a whole federal ministry.

“We need to make an official report on this matter to the House. If we don’t need the services of the ministry of information again we should close it,” the chairman of the committee, Olusegun Odebunmi, said.

Mr Odebunmi said the budget of the monitoring unit of the Ministry of Sports alone was more than the information ministry and pledged to confront the executive arm on the matter.

He urged Nigerians, hard hit by the effect of Mr Mohammed’s propaganda over the years, to rally support for the ministry, pledging that rather than remove a penny from the budget proposal, the House will add to it.

(NAN)

https://gazettengr.com/dont-slash-my-propaganda-budget-lai-mohammed-begs-lawmakers/

Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by Blackfire(m): 5:27pm On Oct 25, 2021
grin

Yoruba people eeehhh

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by AntiBMC(m): 5:35pm On Oct 25, 2021
Imagine this show of shame. Going to ask Chinese Minister of information how much his ministry receives. The answer he gave Lai alone is an indication that Lai doesn't know what his job is, talkless of what national security is about. And he was foolish enough to tell us about the reply he got. C0w people bringing shame to UAR since 1960.

Is he looking for more money to hire more bmc miscreants? As if we don't have enough of them already.

162 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by Juanmike(m): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2021
Pls
Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by eventainment(m): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2021
He might have lied in the budget.

38 Likes

Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by Manlikekebin(m): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2021
Oga liar need he own share of the national budget so abeg house of reps no remove something frm there ooh

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by SensualMan1(m): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2021
That's what a nation that has refused to grow deals with. This old fool gat no business in government, unfortunately these are the idiots that have mortgaged the future of Nigerian youths.
Tinubu is an ediot!
Lai Mohammed is an ediot!
Buhari is an ediot!
Osibanjo is an ediot!
Ahmed lawan is an ediot!

110 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by ALABACONNECT(m): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2021
Play me ITT by Fela

10 Likes

Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by tkonmoney001: 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2021
Baba olefor
Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by Oyiboman69: 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2021
I'm still trying to find the usefulness of this ministry to be honest...and to see any importance in lai's led one is even more difficult....

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by jayworld15(m): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2021
Baba Liar don calculate de amount im wan embezzle. grin grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by cbrezy(m): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2021
You think say you dey wise you're a mumu man grin cheesy

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by Sonnobax15(m): 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
lipsrsealed
When thief jam thief,one of them must loyal cheesy

11 Likes

Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by jullary(m): 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
Wetin u they take the money do?

4 Likes

Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by SultanOfPuna: 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ok
Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by BigDawsNet: 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
Sometimes I feel Media should stop reporting how politician are planning to spend money, and account on how they finally spend the money...

The truth is....even if it was obvious they stole a large money for a particular project the citizens hav no power to questions anybody and no single power to make a citizen arrest...

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by tillaman(m): 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
grin slash am abeg, that man is a fvcking clown
He is famed for his foul mouth

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by Earlystar698(m): 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by rex750(m): 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ok
Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by iamyemiakins(m): 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
A case of a thief begging his fellow thieves

17 Likes

Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by gurunlocker: 5:40pm On Oct 25, 2021
Werey wan cashout.... grin grin grin

Defend your budget, even though dem go still rubber stamp am

9 Likes

Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by Christmasdon(m): 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2021
WEO
Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by MrRichy(m): 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2021
What real value does the ministry of information add to the economy?

Thieves

14 Likes

Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by toyinjimoh(m): 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2021
Mr lai is not lying this time he really need the money for special purpose, pls don't reduce his budget biko....lol
Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by onyfor(m): 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2021
This one weak me oo... Well tomorrow he might say otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by Hapinex01: 5:41pm On Oct 25, 2021
Thief

5 Likes

Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by fatymore(f): 5:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
Lol
Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by GIANTPLUSHUB: 5:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
Lol
Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by Grace001: 5:42pm On Oct 25, 2021
My budget, as if it’s his family business.

Shameless lying grandpa lie Muhammad

8 Likes

Re: Don’t Slash My Budget - Lai Mohammed Begs Lawmakers by wunmi590(m): 5:42pm On Oct 25, 2021

Werey, he don lias with all the ministries under him to share the fund...

God of Righteousness2 go punish you and your generation

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari's Cabinet Members, Appointees Mentioned In Accountant-General N200b Fraud / Prof. Chinedu Nebo Nominated For A Ministerial Position / Shiite Muslim Women Protest: "Bastard Buhari, Release Our Leader/Teacher" (Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.