Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show (17505 Views)

Modeling Reality TV Show - Hill Top Next Top Model / Are Reality TV Shows/Competitions Of Any Benefit To Us? / Dupsy Abiola, MKO 's Daughter Appearance On Dragons Den UK (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 8:24am On Aug 04, 2008
Anyone get to see the 2nd episode of Dragons Den last night on AIT, i was on my way back home when it started just managed to catch the last few minutes of the Mallam that got 11million. Please fill me in guys
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Mustay(m): 8:47am On Aug 04, 2008
i missed it
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by emekauzor(m): 2:56pm On Aug 04, 2008
yes it was cool one guy who owns naijacities.com got 10 million naira but the dragons awosika, john momoh and alex took 75 % of the business well from my own observation they did a coup there, he developed the programme and he initiated the whole tin only for the dragons to take so much from him from my own understanding the dragons can wake up one morning and shove him off

its rather a success for him but in the tale end its a failure in investment I wise odd decision u might put it
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Thor(m): 2:59pm On Aug 04, 2008
That will be the funniest program ever grin grin

I wonder how many 419'ers will apply to take part and relieve the panel of their money grin grin
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by mazaje(m): 3:43pm On Aug 04, 2008
emekauzor:

yes it was cool one guy who owns naijacities.com got 10 million naira but the dragons awosika, john momoh and alex took 75 % of the business well from my own observation they did a coup there, he developed the programme and he initiated the whole tin only for the dragons to take so much from him from my own understanding the dragons can wake up one morning and shove him off

its rather a success for him but in the tale end its a failure in investment I wise odd decision u might put it

Very true, nice observation.
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by francessby(f): 6:22am On Aug 10, 2008
the thing is too tough, if you did not present your product very well as in convience those lion and lioness men you are making fun of yourself because they ask you ?? that will be confused if you are not prepared for them.
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Mustay(m): 7:26am On Aug 10, 2008
hope to see it today
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Toks2008(m): 6:23pm On Aug 10, 2008
As far as i'm concerned, that show is a big sham.

Most times they end up making big fun of you and secretly explore the business idea to see how they can build on it and make it happen.

And they should remove that white lebanese or whoever from the panel cos he is too proud and i hate the way he looks down on every participant.
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Mustay(m): 6:30pm On Aug 10, 2008
Na wa o! Sham sham sham everywhere
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by fumscofolu(f): 12:00am On Aug 11, 2008
Wow, i gbadun these people, they are smart guys! See how their money will work for them. Dragons i salute you!

But serious,i appreciate the program, for the dragons, their money works some naira into their pocket and for the contestants, they are able tomake their dream come true!
Great!!!

The program comesup 10pm sundays
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Mustay(m): 11:39am On Aug 11, 2008
OMG

I missed it again.

Na only AIT dey air am sef?
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by kingud(m): 12:20pm On Aug 11, 2008
i dont understand you guys by what you mean dragondennigeria please just explain to me okay]
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Mustay(m): 2:39pm On Aug 11, 2008
@kingud

read the 1st page of this topic
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Mustay(m): 8:52am On Aug 16, 2008
Am aware that this show is also on Channels TV at 1.30pm on Saturdays. This season has 13 episodes and has been recorded. Suggestions are made that this program be aired on weekdays and non-graduates be allowed to exhibit their IDEAS.
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Mustay(m): 8:55am On Aug 16, 2008
Also, I think the program should be spread among various stations to enable wide coverage. I don't know how many seasons they'll have but applications for the next season is still OPEN.
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 5:21pm On Aug 20, 2008
Hi Chums!

FYI

http://dragonsdennigeria.com/blog/ wink[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by francessby(f): 7:29pm On Aug 20, 2008
it is an interesting program to watch and you know why it is very educative
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by drnonye(m): 1:15am On Aug 22, 2008
I wonder how the Dragons Den will work in Nigeria. Who will come on air to talk about his idea or invention? Nigeria has no regard for patent right. Its possible that B4 the end of the program, a fellow Nigerian will go 2 China and mass produce your invention to sell cheap. Even the dragons you are telling your idea to may say its nonsense just to go behind you to develop it for themselves. I stay in UK. I don’t miss dragons den every week. It’s a great program. This is my advice to my brilliant Nigerian brothers and sisters. Don’t go on air and make your ideas or invention public under the name of a TV show. Put your ideas in writing, patent it and find a way of presenting it in power points to your target company. Get a lawyer to back paper works. This is just an idea. It might not b the best but it is definitely better than going on air.
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by DisGuy: 8:30am On Aug 22, 2008
i missed the two previous ones, but watched the last one

Same old thing, these hungry guys cant plan properly#
can you imagine someone with just one cab looking to expand(start) with 30 cabs
even though he has only been in the business for less than six months!

These guys just dont plan!
the guy with an stabilizer idea looking for research grant grin

these dragons den is turning into a business advisory show cool

sorry I'm out tongue
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by DisGuy: 8:34am On Aug 22, 2008
I think the TV dude invested in that big lady because of her brother and her tilted head of course  undecided

have you noticed all the dragons are from one area of nigeria wink
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Nobody: 2:48pm On Aug 28, 2008
how come ive neva heard of it, undecided grin
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by DisGuy: 4:33pm On Aug 28, 2008
maybe because you've been watching paloma  grin

AIT, sundays 9.30pm

damn i keep missing the show

MsMS why do you guys upload some old episode online?  wink its 2008!
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by Nobody: 7:20pm On Aug 29, 2008
paloma ke, guy where av bin,dat was brodcasted like last year. shocked, well 4 ur info,it 2nd chance(el cuerpo del deseo)now wink
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by leereekz: 9:25am On Aug 30, 2008
what i've noticed is that Nigerian entrepeneurs that go on the programme tend to short change themselves.
They feel because they are seeking investment they have to part with a lot of equity.
I believe that you should believe in yourself,your product and your dream and dont think that anyone is doing you a favour.After all everyone is in it for the money, cool
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by kolebank1(m): 7:28pm On Aug 30, 2008
hey, i lyk d program. smiley smiley smiley smiley
its really inspiring
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 6:49pm On Sep 08, 2008
Hmmmmmmm undecided I watched lastnights episode and wondered why the guys with the business Ideas refuse to negotiate terms/percentage with Dragons each time they are offered cash Fear may be, Nice show last night, keep it up as we're all learning while being entertained!
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by soloqy: 7:13pm On Sep 08, 2008
MsMs:

Hmmmmmmm undecided I watched lastnights episode and wondered why the guys with the business Ideas refuse to negotiate terms/percentage with Dragons each time they are offered cash Fear may be, Nice show last night, keep it up as we're all learning while being entertained!

Exactly, did they tell them that they cant make counter offers and bargain?

For instance, the guy that created a program that enables anyone receive information on hotels, airlines, reservations via sms gateway.

Imagine how he parted with 75% of equity without even bargaining.

He created the program for crying out loud.

Its not even good for the Dragons to try to take away so much from the business owners.

They ought to make offers that will also encourage the guys to work hard at the business.

If not, the guys can just receive the initial pay and refuse to overwork himself for a paltry 10% stake.
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 10:58am On Sep 15, 2008
Anyone see that guy who tried to rob the Den last night in the name of Charity! Smartly the Dragons saw through his shady presentation and scorched his bare behind grin grin grin I cannot get enough of this show.
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by depearl: 2:11pm On Sep 20, 2008
considering the diffenet opinions aired here.if u look at this programme carefully, it might be a sham and on the other hand, it is definelty a blessing for people.
Not bad though
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 11:22am On Sep 29, 2008
Did anyone see last nights episode of Dragons den on AIT. i missed it but heard that a "boli" seller was able to slay the Dragons, wonderful grin
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by soloqy: 11:49am On Sep 29, 2008
MsMs:

Did anyone see last nights episode of Dragons den on AIT. i missed it but heard that a "boli" seller was able to slay the Dragons, wonderful grin

@MsMs

She was well packaged but the only dragon that indicated interest was Mrs Awosika.

All the others opted out saying it was not unique idea and that if the big Fast food players decided to do the same thing, that they would eat up the lady in business.

In other words, Chris Parks, John Momoh and the other lady(I think Tokumbo), all thought was too small scale to invest in.

Mrs Awosika, then told the lady that she would buy her out but that she was proposing something a lot bigger than what the lady brought .

That was when Tejuosho got interested and now said that he would want 30% of whatever Mrs Awoshika was planning(that shows belief in Awoshika's business acumen).

Mrs Awoshika then offered the Lady 30% of the stake instead of the 70% she wanted to have but assured her that the new plan was bigger and way beyond what she brought to the dragons. It would include the boli but also encompass other wider scope.

I guess she didnt want to say the plan so that people viewing and listening don't jump in and start doing it before they start.

So the boli seller didnt quite slay the dragons, she got one of them interested and it turned out, that one person was already thinking of a business that entails some sort of catering.
Re: Dragon's Den Nigeria: Upcoming Reality TV Show by MsMs: 4:56pm On Oct 06, 2008
@ Soloqy Thanks for the update,

Sounds like an interesting idea which a lot of people would overlook. But now that it's out there expect Boli at a store near you wink soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nollywood Actors & Actresses' Value / Cinemas Before Markets, Kannywood's Latest Strategy. (photos) / My Short Film Script- PARANOIA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.