Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,378 members, 7,829,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:29 PM

'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa (4608 Views)

"This Is Not Democracy": Jaafar Jaafar Reacts To Sack Of Kano, Plateau Govs / What We Have In Nigeria Is Not Democracy But Agberocracy - Apostle Suleman / Karu LGA, Nasarawa Holds Mini Rally For Tinubu, Governor Sule, Others (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by SATANICALLY: 11:38am On Oct 29, 2021
Seun Osewa has a brilliant idea - he wants the male to female ratio in every legislative body to be 50:50...

Coming from someone with no single female super moderator. I only know of Lalasticlala and Mynd44..

Hopefully, Seun would take his own advice and make the male to female ratio of his Super Moderators even..

His post and reactions..

I believe that the male to female ratio in every legislative body should be 50:50 i.e. one man and one woman from every constituency. Men deserve exactly 50% representation because we make up 50% of the population. This should be guaranteed by law.

This will be very beneficial for the north. Northern women value the welfare of their people and the education of the girl child more than religion and pride. If they have 50% representation, they'll vote for laws that will make the north more peaceful, prosperous, and humane.

Read reactions below...

2 Likes

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by loyalty500: 11:40am On Oct 29, 2021
what are you even talking about?
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by SATANICALLY: 11:40am On Oct 29, 2021
grin

1 Like

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by DoggoneDogg: 11:43am On Oct 29, 2021
And the only woman in that thread is more interested in making money not what they are saying on her gender's behalf

Vagina people ehn grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by SmartPolician: 11:43am On Oct 29, 2021
Why always women? How come men don't have a ministry of men affairs? Abeg make Seun rest. Women should go and contest like men. Nobody should be given elective positions based on gender but competence, popularity and suitability.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by BKayy: 11:44am On Oct 29, 2021
The most sexist movement in life is deciding elective posts based on sexes.
What they should be campaigning for is meritocracy not sacrificing certain posts to incompetent people because you want a 50:50 nonsense.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Iamgrey5(m): 11:45am On Oct 29, 2021
SATANICALLY:
grin
Dominique

There's this other lady that got in messy fight with almost everyone some years ago.

She was the supper mod before Lala and Mydd.

2 Likes

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by WibusJaga: 11:49am On Oct 29, 2021
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by SATANICALLY: 11:51am On Oct 29, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Dominique

There's this other lady that got in messy fight with almost everyone some years ago.

She was the supper mod before Lala and Mydd.

Dominique is not a super mod. Only Lalasticlala and Mynd44 are...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Iamgrey5(m): 11:51am On Oct 29, 2021
It's hard to talk about issues surrounding women representation in politics.

On one hand, one could argue that women have not necessarily been given the opportunities from the start to get involved, hence there's need for special allocated slots to Women to rewrite the wrongs of the past.

On the other hand, one could argue that qouta system is not necessarily the best way to solve any problem. It will only create unfair advantage and most likely give unmerited position to people who don't necessarily deserve it.

A prime example of the aforementioned scenerio is how some unqualified individuals get to hold important positions in Nigeria as a result of qouta system.

3 Likes

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by SATANICALLY: 11:52am On Oct 29, 2021
KashApp:
At least, 60-70% of Nigerians home and abroad would have been celebrating since yesterday based on a particular news.... lipsrsealed

It's not good to wish someone death. I know you hate the President, but come on!

1 Like

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Iamgrey5(m): 11:53am On Oct 29, 2021
SATANICALLY:

Dominique is not a super mod. Only Lalasticlala and Mynd44 are...
Dominique is a super mod

And you don't necessarily know about izzi-love
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by MRDEE01: 11:53am On Oct 29, 2021
ok
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by silvoclaira: 11:54am On Oct 29, 2021
Well, Having some sensitivity is important for gender equality, but keeping a balance as free of bias as possible is an ongoing challenge anywhere. I don't think women need to be tyrants to get equal match/representation with their men counterparts. Thank you

1 Like

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by KashApp: 11:55am On Oct 29, 2021
SATANICALLY:

It's not good to wish someone death. I know you hate the President, but come on!
I didn't wish him Bro...even my post is to mock those who wished him dead and yes, I don't like him. Lemme modify the comment. Thanks man!!
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by SATANICALLY: 11:56am On Oct 29, 2021
Iamgrey5:
Dominique is a super mod

And you don't necessarily know about izzi-love

Dominique is not a super mod.

The only Super Moderators I am aware of are Mynd4 and Lala.. We need 2 female Super Mods to make the ratio 50:50..

2 Likes

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by SATANICALLY: 11:57am On Oct 29, 2021
KashApp:
I didn't wish him Bro...even my post is to mock those who wished him dead and yes, I don't like him. Lemme modify the comment.

Lol, it's well
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Blackfire(m): 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2021
Who is seun??

Oh that guy that refuse to sell NL to me for 900M naira..

North2023 North2023 North2023 North2023

Anyways I sell cows o
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Nobody: 1:31pm On Oct 29, 2021
This guy and his stupid liberal ideas, how would this reduce unemployment or even reduce gender inequality on a wider level? Rubbish.

1 Like

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by DOTian: 1:43pm On Oct 29, 2021
Utopian..
It can be 70% women and 30% men, yet he who plays the piper dictates the tune.. It's like making igbos ministers while Buhari is still the president....What matters is that you put in place adequate legislative and policy structures to safeguard and enhance the forward movement of women in the society. Most floor managers in China are women, but they don't even make up to 1/3 of the politburo..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Harddiskng(m): 1:58pm On Oct 29, 2021
BKayy:
The most sexist movement in life is deciding elective posts based on sexes.
What they should be campaigning for is meritocracy not sacrificing certain posts to incompetent people because you want a 50:50 nonsense.

Brother i tire oo.

In advance countries, women campaign and win elections along side their male counterparts.

They are not given the position cause they are women, which is even an insult to their ability.

Seun’s idea is just plain stupid. Anybody that wants a position should prove he/she capabilities by raising up to the occasion.

Is it not the same Seun that has allowed bigotry, tribal and religious sentiments to thrive on Nairaland. I am not even surprised he is spewing this nonsense.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by EmekaA125(m): 2:29pm On Oct 29, 2021
Seun has a good point but he was decimated by superior argument.
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by flokii: 3:55pm On Oct 29, 2021
I don't think Mr Seun understands the kind of country we are living in where muslim men want to hide their wives at home, fully kitted in hijab never to be seen on the streets.

Hardly will you see female senators or reps member from the North cos of their religious fanatism. It's only Southern women that get the opportunity to contest, vote and be voted for due to a much liberal disposition in the South.

2 Likes

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Harddiskng(m): 4:35pm On Oct 29, 2021
flokii:
I don't think Mr Seun understands the kind of country we are living in where muslim men want to hide their wives at home, fully kitted in hijab never to be seen on the streets.

Hardly will you see female senators or reps member from the North cos of their religious fanatism. It's only Southern women that get the opportunity to contest, vote and be voted for due to a much liberal disposition in the South.

It is one thing for some of our elderly leaders to be clueless.

But when a youth like Seun that should contribute sound input regarding how we can solve Nigeria’s problems start promoting religious sentiments and making unreasonable comments online, what hope does Nigeria have?
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by blackmantis: 4:56pm On Oct 29, 2021
Why has twitter not recognized Seun the owner of one of the biggest social media platform in Africa?
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Seun(m): 5:08pm On Oct 29, 2021
flokii:

Hardly will you see female senators or reps member from the North cos of their religious fanaticism. It's only Southern women that get the opportunity to contest, vote and be voted for due to a much liberal disposition in the South.
That is precisely the problem I am trying to solve. Nigerian women will never get proportional representation if it's not mandated by law. A lot of men (and some self-hating women) will do everything they can to frustrate women who try to rise to the top in politics. A legal mandate that 50% of legislators must be women is the proposed solution. Only 4.4% of lawmakers are women, which is unacceptable.

Legitimate concerns include the fact that constituencies will have to be merged to avoid increasing the cost of governance, and the difficulty of getting such a law passed by the same people who have been holding women back.
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Seun(m): 5:26pm On Oct 29, 2021
WesternOligarch:
This guy and his stupid liberal ideas, how would this reduce unemployment or even reduce gender inequality on a wider level? Rubbish.
1) We are a nation of laws. If 50% of the people making laws are women, then it will be very difficult to pass laws that are misogynistic because women won't vote for them. Male legislators seeking to have their bills passed will have to make them more women-friendly to win the votes of their female colleagues. Also, with the cooperation of enlightened lawmakers, bills that make life better for women will be easy to push through. That's the goal.

2) The existence of a large number of female legislators visibly fighting for women's rights will cause other Nigerian women to believe that they, too, can fight for their rights and win.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by EnemyofGod22(m): 5:27pm On Oct 29, 2021
God and satan doesn't exist.

Know this and have peace of mind.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Thread Of SW Bmc,insulting Kaduna Train Victims / Northern Youths Burn Nigerian Flag, Lament Northerners Feeding On Leaves Under T / Dangote: Billionaire Without A Cause - Garba Deen Mo-ha-mmed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.