Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,842 members, 7,851,855 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:19 AM

'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa (4627 Views)

"This Is Not Democracy": Jaafar Jaafar Reacts To Sack Of Kano, Plateau Govs / What We Have In Nigeria Is Not Democracy But Agberocracy - Apostle Suleman / Karu LGA, Nasarawa Holds Mini Rally For Tinubu, Governor Sule, Others (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by Nobody: 6:48pm On Oct 30, 2021
Seun:

We have 4 paid moderators. Mukina2 and Dominique are the females.

How has having 4 female moderators reduced sexism on nairaland?
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by flamingREED(m): 8:46pm On Oct 30, 2021
SATANICALLY:

It's not good to wish someone death. I know you hate the President, but come on!

Just wishing him dead is an act of nobility.
What might be satisfactory is that not only him, but his lineage, kindred and everyone capable of resurrecting his wicked disposition towards others be consumed by everlasting destruction from the Almighty.
How I wish!
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by alphaNomega: 8:27am On Oct 31, 2021
Seun:
There are many smart, capable, brilliant women who have never tried to contest for office because they know that the odds would be against them simply because they are women. My proposal, if implemented would level the playing field and thus motivate those brilliant women to get involved in politics.

There is no way you can level the playing field without making it a matter of penis and vagina. It is because vagina people would have a different criteria from long-rod people for admission into a certain position
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by khadaffi(m): 3:21pm On Oct 31, 2021
Seun:
They would be more interested in politics if it wasn't dominated by men and the things men care about. If 50% of NASS was female the things females care more about such as how to ensure that all girls are allowed to go to school, how to take care of women and children in refugee camps, how to protect women from sexual assault and domestic violence, etc would be in the news more often and women would be more interested. In other words, women don't care about politics because politics is dominated by men and focused on men's issues.

Oga seun I'm disappointed about this statement of yours especially the bolded part because I know you are not a kid. But for others who might see this statement as valid it is important we quickly educate them that the major reason women are not in politics has nothing with what Seun said above but rather due to our history. Nigeria moved from military to democracy and our military men became the Democratic leaders. In the days when the military were in power, women were not accepted in the military hence when the system of government changed from military to democracy majority of the military guys who had looted the country easily became politicians. They were able achieve this by making interest forms in political party very high. Infact you have to be either a thief or past politician to be able to easily purchase forms for the major political party. Either way, it's not easy to find a woman/lady thief so you don't expect to see them in politics. However the case, in 1999 some women were in the Senate house. An example was senator Daisy Ehanire Danjuma who represented my state. Please I will like to ask you Seun, even if you have to browse to answer me : what was her contribution as a woman in the Senate? Considering what she did why should anyone still vote for her? It is important I also point out here that she was famous for always painting her nails while important discuss will be ongoing.

Please we should forget about women or whatever but rather channel our energy to campaign that the prices of interest forms in political parties be reduced to a level where a minimum wage worker of at least 18years old will be able to afford it whether male or female. If an 18 years old can vote, he should also be allowed to contest and everyone should also be allowed to contest regardless of the income you earn. This is a better campaign not the one our Oga wrote up there.
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by DMerciful(m): 5:44pm On Oct 31, 2021
Clearly you're playing to the gallery. We have more women voters yet they don't vote for themselves. Even in families, the only male child automatically becomes the head when he comes of age, it's a cultural thing!
Seun:
There are many smart, capable, brilliant women who have never tried to contest for office because they know that the odds would be against them simply because they are women. My proposal, if implemented would level the playing field and thus motivate those brilliant women to get involved in politics.
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by DMerciful(m): 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2021
There are actually more girls in schools than boys across Nigeria.

Is there a female US president in history? How many female UK prime Minister in history?

Let's focus on having credible elections then merit will determine
Seun:
They would be more interested in politics if it wasn't dominated by men and the things men care about. If 50% of NASS was female the things females care more about such as how to ensure that all girls are allowed to go to school, how to take care of women and children in refugee camps, how to protect women from sexual assault and domestic violence, etc would be in the news more often and women would be more interested. In other words, women don't care about politics because politics is dominated by men and focused on men's issues.
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by tobianodino(m): 11:07pm On Nov 02, 2021
blackmantis:
Why has twitter not recognized Seun the owner of one of the biggest social media platform in Africa?

Thinking the same
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by dragnet: 7:16am On Nov 13, 2021
Seun:

We have 4 paid moderators. Mukina2 and Dominique are the females.

Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by LLiKYekoba: 8:28am On Nov 13, 2021
This Seun is just an idealist, nigerian reality never hit well. Maybe because him get millions.
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by agos: 9:28pm On Mar 19, 2023
What is encouraging people to vote for apc even with the harsh economy Nigerians r experiencing
Re: 'That's Not Democracy" - Sanusi Sule, Others Knock Seun Osewa by FreeIgboho: 10:03pm On Mar 19, 2023
EnemyofGod22:
God and satan doesn't exist.
L

Know this and have peace of mind.

How do you know?
Please advice
I truly want to know

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Insecurity: We’re Tired Of Daily Killings, 400 Ethnic Groups Tell FG / Fayemi Urges Nigerians To Ensure Free And Credible Polls / Fuji Superstar Ayinde Barrister Dies At 62

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.