Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,058 members, 7,863,749 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:48 AM

Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross (60729 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Nigerian Soldiers Celebrating The Liberation Of Port Harcourt / Capt. Jonathan Polit Dies In Accident (pics) / Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by shrudyance(m): 8:41pm On Oct 31, 2021
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Astrid4(m): 8:42pm On Oct 31, 2021
Truthvalue3:

I repeat, that Wikipedia page was written by a yoruba troll. Look for real historical documents, not pieces of garbage written by jingoistic trolls.

See this mumu so Jimmy wales and Larry Sanger are Yoruba names.

Go skul no dey push drugs una no go here
See your miserable life
Fool!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 8:42pm On Oct 31, 2021
truthCoder:

So when was the war according to your own source? Counter him with facts and not insults.

Actually, logics doesn't work like this. When you make a claim, you have to provide proof before anybody could take you seriously.

Also, I wasn't concerned about "the war", I was concerned about the obvious lie of oyo seazing a piece of land from the Fulani. That is not substantiated at all.
Also when talking about a civil war, you need the two opponents to belong to the same country, whereas such is not the case with the "yoruba".
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Astrid4(m): 8:43pm On Oct 31, 2021
ezegenigbonine:

Afonja abi, as he cowardly allow Fulani to take over illorin

This same coward overran the Fulani and took over Jebba Niger state abegiii no be juju be that grin
Fool!!!

5 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by seunmsg(m): 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2021
0balufonlll:

THe Oyo referred to in this oriki is the Ago di Oyo, not the empire. This current one is not the same as the empire. It was founded by one prince, hence, Oyo Atiba.

The descendants of those that occupied the old Oyo are the ones in the present Oyo. They are all the same people. Oyo is Oyo.

9 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by truthCoder: 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2021
Truthvalue3:

Actually, logics doesn't work like this. When you make a claim, you have to provide proof before anybody could take you seriously.

Also, I wasn't concerned about "the war", I was concerned about the obvious lie of oyo seating a piece of land from the Fulani. That is not substantiated at all.
Also when talking about a civil war, you need the two opponents to belong to the same country, whereas such is not the case with the "yoruba".

In summary are you saying there was no yoruba civil war as described in the Wikipedia article that was shared?

In addition, burden of counter-proof resides with you since you do not accept his own source

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by ezegenigbonine: 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2021
Astrid4:

This same coward overran the Fulani and took over Jebba Niger state abegiii no be juju be that grin
Fool!!!

Kikikiki this one pain am ooo. But agree with me that you are from descendant of cowards.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 31, 2021
Astrid4:

See this mumu so Jimmy wales and Larry Sanger are Yoruba names.

Go skul no dey push drugs una no go here
See your miserable life
Fool!!
What don't you understand in " that Wikipedia page", let me repeat my comment so that your empty brain can review it again and again until you understand:

Truthvalue3:

I repeat, that Wikipedia page was written by a yoruba troll. Look for real historical documents, not pieces of garbage written by jingoistic trolls.

It seems you don't understand that it is ordinary bystanders/trolls who write Wikipedia pages and not Larry Wales who by the way knows nothing about anything.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Thebraveman: 8:47pm On Oct 31, 2021
Ok
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Lightorder: 8:47pm On Oct 31, 2021
SlyDev:
Yoruba civilization is the best, Omo see culture and greatness in one picture.

If I'm not Yoruba, I will be jealous of them.
Eeeya! I am not a yoruba , jealousy is killing me. I have lost my life saving . I am already in a hospital at oshogbo here .
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 31, 2021
truthCoder:

In summary are you saying there was no yoruba civil war as described in the Wikipedia article that was shared?

In addition, burden of counter-proof resides with you since you do not accept his own source

Actually, once again logics do not work as you describe, if you make a claim, you have to provide proof.
Also I don't need you to rephrase what I said, it was more than clear enough.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by invinzible1: 8:48pm On Oct 31, 2021
Astrid4:

See this dumbass I posted a pics from a reputable website am sure your great grandfather were still in this bushes with apes when this pictures were taken grin

You clearly speak just like your age, you thought you went to school but your mind is not emancipated. You picked something from a reputable site but you suspended your brain.
Guards fully clothed in 1600, pictures on the wall in 1600... LoL when was camera invented.
Like I said you lack logic and reason, if you are above 25 and you reason this way your problem is then spiritual.
LoL......

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Shezzman: 8:48pm On Oct 31, 2021
You see why this country can't develop?
You people are so senseless thinking one tribe is better than another.
BKayy:

You mean the Igbo women in your picture that are wearing rare copper spirals worth atleast 12 million Naira in todays amount on their legs are naked?

If you want to talk about people being naked, talk about the Yoruba women in the picture below that the few things they are wearing are worth absolutely nothing

You can't compare yourselves with Ndigbo. There has never been a time we were mates

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by kaymart: 8:48pm On Oct 31, 2021
seunmsg:
Beautiful. So proud to be a Yoruba man with royal blood. No wonder the other side with little or no history or early civilization are always jealous and hateful of everything about the south west.
Hehehe...
Can't u make Ur point without bigotry....hanhan...
Tribalism is worse than racism...
Before u begin to attack...I'm same tribe with u but why fight fight fight ...
Insults too cos of difference in tribe.
Who cursed Africa
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Advocate500: 8:49pm On Oct 31, 2021
SlyDev:

you are not only a yurobaman but also a hateful bigot.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Tywo2018: 8:49pm On Oct 31, 2021
I like this.. Waow
LegendHero:
Oyo Alaafin.
Ojo pa sekere omo atiba
Oyo nipe kolowo ko gbowo
Oni koni iwofa gba tire
Ase kole ba di’ja, ko le ba daapon
Komo oba le ri ‘n muje
Oyo gbin agbado oran seyinkule elenkule
Elenkule o gbodo faatu, be ni ko si gbodo faaya.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 31, 2021
truthCoder:

So when was the war according to your own source? Counter him with facts and not insults.

Also, I wasn't concerned about "the war", I was concerned about the obvious lie of oyo seazing a piece of land from the Fulani. That is not substantiated at all.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Astrid4(m): 8:50pm On Oct 31, 2021
ezegenigbonine:

Kikikiki this one pain am ooo. But agree with me that you are from descendant of cowards.

Am proud ohhhh at least am not a descendant of a fool who led a civil war with bamboo tree and sticks

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by seunmsg(m): 8:50pm On Oct 31, 2021
kaymart:

Hehehe...
Can't u make Ur point without bigotry....hanhan...
Tribalism is worse than racism...
Before u begin to attack...I'm same tribe with u but why fight fighte fight ...
Insults too cos of difference in tribe.
Who cursed Africa

The part in bold is what Nairaland is all about.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by truthCoder: 8:51pm On Oct 31, 2021
Truthvalue3:

Actually, once again logics do not work as you describe, if you make a claim, you have to provide proof.
Also I don't need you to rephrase what I said, it was more than clear enough.

You have no point then. Dont assume readers are not intelligent enough to sift through

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Astrid4(m): 8:52pm On Oct 31, 2021
invinzible1:

You clearly speak just like your age, you thought you went to school but your mind is not emancipated. You picked something from a reputable site but you suspended your brain.
Guards fully clothed in 1600, pictures on the wall in 1600... LoL when was camera invented.
Like I said you lack logic and reason, if you are above 25 and you reason this way your problem is then spiritual.
LoL......

How would you have known when your ancestors were in bush with apes and gorillas grin
Slaves calling themselves Jews cheesy grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 31, 2021
truthCoder:

You have no point then. Dont assume readers are not intelligent enough to sift through
Actually, I am not assuming anything, you are clearly not smart enough to have this debate.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 31, 2021
These guys are deluded:
This fellow astrid4 believes the second picture below was taken in 1600's.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Astrid4(m): 8:54pm On Oct 31, 2021
Truthvalue3:

Yoruba seized Jebba from Fulani when they overran their army...that is why they don't have an emir in Jebba but an Oba
Don't be a misguided fool.

11 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 31, 2021
Astrid4:

How would you have known when your ancestors were in bush with apes and gorillas grin
Slaves calling themselves Jews cheesy grin
I think you are around 13 years old.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Astrid4(m): 8:55pm On Oct 31, 2021
Truthvalue3:
These guys are deluded:
This fellow astrid4 believes the second picture below was taken in 1600's.

Your ancestors were eating grasses in the bush when these pictures were taken grin grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 31, 2021
Astrid4:

Yoruba seized Jebba from Fulani when they overran their army...that is why they don't have an emir in Jebba but an Oba
Don't be a misguided fool.

Kid, stay away from drugs.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Astrid4(m): 8:56pm On Oct 31, 2021
Truthvalue3:

I think you are around 13 years old.

70 year old man continue wailing cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 31, 2021
lipsrsealed

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by seunsmith1930(m): 8:57pm On Oct 31, 2021
SlyDev:

Lol
Yes oooo

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Astrid4(m): 8:57pm On Oct 31, 2021
Truthvalue3:

Kid, stay away from drugs.

Same one your forefathers were pushing from Cambodia to Cyprus all in the guise of developer grin grin

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Why President Buhari Was Absent From FEC Meeting Today - Lai Mohammed / APGA Permanent Headquarters Abuja, A Beauty To Behold. / Abike Dabiri Shares Buhari's Electric Entrance To Rally In Adamawa, Atiku State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.