Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,098 members, 7,863,840 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:31 AM

Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross (60732 Views)

Throwback Photo Of Nigerian Soldiers Celebrating The Liberation Of Port Harcourt / Capt. Jonathan Polit Dies In Accident (pics) / Buhari Celebrates 80th Birthday Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by kaymart: 8:57pm On Oct 31, 2021
seunmsg:

The part in bold is what Nairaland is all about.
I disagree...
Promoting hatred of the other tribe is what a forum is all about?
A lots of ppl use this platform to do grt things (travel abroad, connect with others for good moves).
Yours is to argue about agonja/iPob....

I understand u mightn't mean to create division as it's just a simple cruise to u but it might be creating so much toxins on the heart of other readers ...
Bye for now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Jaqenhghar: 8:57pm On Oct 31, 2021
This current Alaafin na only to bleach and bang underage girls him sabi.
Actualy all these so called royal fathers are the same. All they do is
Flaunt their wealth
Bang chics and little else. There is even one sef that is a weed head. He was videoed rolling a blunt

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by treatise: 8:58pm On Oct 31, 2021
SlyDev:
"A rare photo of a Diviner, Alaafin of Oyo & the almost legendary Capt. William A Ross. Who helped Alaafin of Oyo gain prominence again as paramount ruler of Yorubas- He was resident of Oyo 1914-1931. Ross was a friend of Alaafin Ladigbolu I. See how organized the palace is?"
A Whiteman helping a traditional ruler to gain prominence is his homeland?
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by ezegenigbonine: 8:58pm On Oct 31, 2021
Astrid4:

Am proud ohhhh at least am not a descendant of a fool who led a civil with bamboo tree and sticks

Can't you see the heroic nature of that guy. That's my legend you posted his picture. Chai (odogwum) (ogburunma na isi ijere) (anu ana agba egbe ona ete shoki)

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Astrid4(m): 9:00pm On Oct 31, 2021
ezegenigbonine:

Can't you see the heroic nature of that guy. That's my legend you posted his picture. Chain odogwum ogburunma na is I ijere anu ana agba egbe ona ete shoki

Hero that exiled the country as a woman grin grin
Leaving your fathers and grandfather languishing in abject poverty and hunger grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by invinzible1: 9:00pm On Oct 31, 2021
Astrid4:

How would you have known when your ancestors were in bush with apes and gorillas grin
Slaves calling themselves Jews cheesy grin
LoL. Since you lack cognitive reasoning, the premises of my engagement with you was not on tribal argument, as someone whose parents wasted money through primary to sec school probably and probably higher education, you came out to the public to say that picture was taken in 1600, lol I really hope you are the last born of your family

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Astrid4(m): 9:00pm On Oct 31, 2021
invinzible1:

[s]LoL. Since you lack cognitive reasoning, the premises of my engagement with you was not on tribal argument, as someone whose parents wasted money through primary to sec school probably and probably higher education, you came out to the public to say that picture was taken in 1600, lol I really hope you are the last born of your family[/s]

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by truthCoder: 9:02pm On Oct 31, 2021
Truthvalue3:

Actually, I am not assuming anything, you are clearly not smart enough to have this debate.

I like that…

If you think you know your onions on this subject, I challenge you to a debate.

Don’t clap back with insults.

Facts for facts.

Are you game or you want to give excuses?
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 31, 2021
At this period when Yorubas had palaces and civilisation yeebos were still wearing palm fronds hopping from tree to tree.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by defcon4: 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2021
LegendHero:
Oyo Alaafin.
Ojo pa sekere omo atiba
Oyo nipe kolowo ko gbowo
Oni koni iwofa gba tire
Ase kole ba di’ja, ko le ba daapon
Komo oba le ri ‘n muje
Oyo gbin agbado oran seyinkule elenkule
Elenkule o gbodo faatu, be ni ko si gbodo faaya.

Please I would like to know.
The Alaafin and the Ife king. Which is greater?
What parts or function do they play?

Amalekki:

At what point in history? Which also depends on what version of history you believe.
TODAY, no one is greater.
They are kings of totally separate domains.

Thanks.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by 0balufonlll: 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2021
seunmsg:

The descendants of those that occupied the old Oyo are the ones in the present Oyo. They are all the same people. Oyo is Oyo.

Not true. Starting with the ruling house, only one prince out of numerous other lines in the Old Oyo, rule Ago di Oyo. The other old ruling lines are scattered across Kishi, Igboho and so on. Basorun in Old Oyo was a title occupied by a lineage of Nupe line, it is not the case in Ago di Oyo. And several other issues.

Now riddle me this, if in your family, your parents and siblings were displayed (God forbid) and you go to say somewhere in the SE and establish a space mimicking what your parents established, would you consider them to be the same? No!

2 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 31, 2021
truthCoder:

I like that…

If you think you know your onions on this subject, I challenge you to a debate.

Don’t clap back with insults.

Facts for facts.

Are you game or you want to give excuses?
this is not a western movie, you don't need to "provoke" a duel, if you don't agree with a thing which I said then point to it and share your reservations. If you have a claim to submit then do so and don't forget to attach it to a proof.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by 0balufonlll: 9:07pm On Oct 31, 2021
defcon4:

Are you greater than your father?
If no, then you have your answer.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by ezegenigbonine: 9:07pm On Oct 31, 2021
Astrid4:

Hero that exiled the country as a woman grin grin
Leaving your fathers and grandfather languishing in abject poverty and hunger grin grin

If you are learned, you must remember this wise word (May live to fight another day; But he who is battle slain. Can never rise to fight again.”)
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Heymus(m): 9:07pm On Oct 31, 2021
BKayy:

No allow them to finish celebrating what the white men built as theirs before I give them receipts of the original Alaafin of Oyo's Palace
ogbeni, you're nothing but a mere braggart we know your type in real life, empty barrel.
Cos I couldn't see the correlation between the statement "I'm proud to be a yoruba man " and your stew.. pid comparison.

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 31, 2021
invinzible1:

LoL. Since you lack cognitive reasoning, the premises of my engagement with you was not on tribal argument, as someone whose parents wasted money through primary to sec school probably and probably higher education, you came out to the public to say that picture was taken in 1600, lol I really hope you are the last born of your family
I believe astrid4 is not older than 13 years old.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by truthCoder: 9:08pm On Oct 31, 2021
treatise:

A Whiteman helping a traditional ruler to gain prominence is his homeland?

The period was a special case. There were plenty civil wars ongoing within the whole Yoruba country at that period. The main Oyo town had been sacked. There were tensions in every other tribe and there was an Ekiti parapo war that was already ongoing for a couple of decades.

The British restored a little bit of sanity and peace.

3 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by haffaze777(m): 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2021
Yoruba lagba

5 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:
At this period when Yorubas had palaces and civilisation yeebos were still wearing palm fronds hopping from tree to tree.
That palace was built by the British during the colonial era

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 31, 2021
BKayy:

The picture is from early 20th century (after Amalgamation).
By then, Igbo businessmen have started developing estates in Lagos.

By the way, I never knew we would get to a level when Yorubas will start celebrating what the white men built as theirs.

Lol. These people are more Shameless than I thought.

Nobody fools himself more than a Igbo. Building estates in Lagos? At a time you guys were wearing palm fronds? Tell me another joke.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by truthCoder: 9:13pm On Oct 31, 2021
Truthvalue3:
this is not a western movie, you don't need to "provoke" a duel, if you don't agree with a thing which I said then point to it and share your reservations. If you have a claim to submit then do so and don't forget to attach it to a proof.

You are simply an excuse giver with no content.

You refute alternate opinions without providing yours. You assume the position of a fact god when your innards are as empty as a cheap Chinese bag. I would have used you to scrub the floors of Nairaland today but it seems you are reserved for another day.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by invinzible1: 9:13pm On Oct 31, 2021
Truthvalue3:

I believe astrid4 is not older than 13 years old.
Even a 13 year old teen should be wiser in this case.
My prayers is that astrid4 should just be the last child of his family they can easily do away with him and focus on those before him
grin

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Astrid4(m): 9:14pm On Oct 31, 2021
ezegenigbonine:

If you are learned, you must remember this wise word (May live to fight another day; But he who is battle slain. Can never rise to fight again.”)

grin grin
Ekuke freedom fighter left 2 million ndigbo to die shamelessly now the werey died in 2011...now ask yourself
'Does it worth it"
I believe stupidity run in the genes of ojukwu his drug addicted son, a barber in Brixton a dropout of mass communication in Nsukka has continued from where his shameless father stopped this time around will successfully wipe out the race from the surface of the earth...cursed people
Tuafiakwa grin

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 9:14pm On Oct 31, 2021
BKayy:

You mean the Igbo women in your picture that are wearing rare copper spirals worth atleast 12 million Naira in todays amount on their legs are naked?

If you want to talk about people being naked, talk about the Yoruba women in the picture below that the few things they are wearing are worth absolutely nothing

You can't compare yourselves with Ndigbo. There has never been a time we were mates

I don't know if you're kidding, or reasoning is not your strongest fort (got to be the latter as a Igbo). So, if you sister goes out of the house with nothing on but a gold necklace and bangles worth N3m you won't consider her naked? For your sake and the sake of everyone living around you I hope that's not the way you think.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Amalekki: 9:15pm On Oct 31, 2021
0balufonlll:

Are you greater than your father?
If no, then you have your answer.
How could the answer to this question of yours be no?
Obama is greater than his father.
Donald Trump is greater than his father.
Joe Biden is greater than his father.
Awolowo is greater than his father.
Fela is greater than his father.
Buhari is greater than his father.
Jonathan is greater than his father.
Atiku is greater than his father.
I know that a common prayer by most is for their children to be greater than they are.

grin

4 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 31, 2021
BKayy:

No allow them to finish celebrating what the white men built as theirs before I give them receipts of the original Alaafin of Oyo's Palace

You can add the receipts of the first television station in Africa while you're at it.

7 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 31, 2021
truthCoder:

You are simply an excuse giver with no content.

You refute alternate opinions without providing yours. You assume the position of a fact god when your innards are as empty as a cheap Chinese bag. I would have used you to scrub the floors of Nairaland today but it seems you are reserved for another day.

Ok, nairaland warrior, I am most impressed by your nairaland muscle flexing. Soon you might ask for my launch money.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Amalekki: 9:16pm On Oct 31, 2021
defcon4:

At what point in history? Which also depends on what version of history you believe.
They are kings of totally separate domains.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 31, 2021
Amalekki:

At what point in history?
They are kings of totally separate towns.
A king rules a kingdom, not a town.
Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Amalekki: 9:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
Truthvalue3:

A king rules a kingdom, not a town.
Whatever you call it.
TODAY, they rule totally separate kingdoms or domains. That is even if you ignore the real essence of the constitution of Nigeria, the word 'ruling' may even become interesting.

1 Like

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 31, 2021
Jaqenhghar:
This current Alaafin na only to bleach and bang underage girls him sabi.
Actualy all these so called royal fathers are the same. All they do is
Flaunt their wealth
Bang chics and little else. There is even one sef that is a weed head. He was videoed rolling a blunt

You had no king, so you can't understand what Kings is to Yorubas, it's like a blind man telling others to remove their eyes

5 Likes

Re: Throwback Photo Of Alaafin Of Oyo, A Diviner And Legendary Capt. William A. Ross by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 31, 2021
invinzible1:

Even a 13 year old teen should be wiser in this case.
My prayers is that astrid4 should just be the last child of his family they can easily do away with him and focus on those before him
grin

By the way, I think Astrid is the name of a female. Perhaps she is a very retarded 13 year old.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Abike Dabiri Shares Buhari's Electric Entrance To Rally In Adamawa, Atiku State / Shettima And Bandits' Negotiator, Tukur Mamu (Throwback Photo) / Oshiomhole & Wife Iara At The Presidential Inauguration Lunch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.