Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,574 members, 7,847,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:15 PM

Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested (18004 Views)

Plateau Assembly: Names Of 6 Suspended Lawmakers As Majority Back Nuhu Abok / Nuhu Abok Holds Plenary Outside Plateau Assembly Complex, Suspends 6 Lawmakers / Meet Abok Ayuba, Speaker Plateau Assembly, 33-year-old Final Year Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested by Safyqueen: 8:41am On Nov 02, 2021
Baselm:

What nonsense are you saying? I am from Kogi state and my family has been living in Kwara and Kogi state for over 30 years. You either don't know about this places or you are intentionally mischievous.
Do well to furnish me the answer to the question you asked about Plateau state since you know so much than everyone else.

Who is mischievous here? You or I ?
Do you want to re-write history? From all indication I am talking to media schooled hypocritic teenager. Travel around and see reality.
Re: Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested by Safyqueen: 8:44am On Nov 02, 2021
richmote:

How many are predominately Muslims please tell us

No need please because you are media schooled teenager who doesn't know some basic fact about this country.
Re: Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested by Safyqueen: 8:48am On Nov 02, 2021
ItswellMike:
What happen to Christian population in Borno, Kebbi, Gombe, Kaduna, Kano and u are here talk in about injustice. Some of u started it and favoured u. Pls stop complaining and face reality. This is what Buhari is trying to impose on Nigeria

We are talking about middle belt where we have heterogeneous society by religions. If I ask you about what happens to Muslims in IMO, Abia, Enugu, Ebonyi , Bayelsa etc, it will derail the discussion.
Re: Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested by Safyqueen: 8:54am On Nov 02, 2021
sotomayor:

The Islamic bigotry and violence is the problem.
why is there no christain deputy up north.

But they are still in government despite their negligible number, what can you say about Muslims in South East whose existence is threatened every day.? The focus here is middle belt.
Re: Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested by ostartruth: 8:58am On Nov 02, 2021
They have taken this one to go and format his brain and install Fulani agenda app inside it.

This country is a big joke
Re: Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested by Coolgent(m): 9:40am On Nov 02, 2021
Jlow2:
Worst governor plateau state ever had, he has sold jos north to Hausa fulani, just to be made northern governors chairman.

Why not mention those he has sold Plateau state to instead of ethnic labeling? Which is very wrong.
Re: Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested by AuntRose(f): 9:51am On Nov 02, 2021
Danja:

What is wrong with giving part of your state to other ppl in the same country. All land belong to God. Your ancestors must have migrated from another place to that place where you are laying claim. Learn to accommodate pls.
Are you serious right now??
Re: Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested by vickydevoka(m): 10:00am On Nov 02, 2021
Jlow2:
Worst governor plateau state ever had, he has sold jos north to Hausa fulani, just to be made northern governors chairman.
He is like buhari. He works with only people he trust
Re: Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested by RodgersAkpafu: 10:53am On Nov 02, 2021
Penguin2:
I wonder where Lalong will live after he is done being governor?
Abuja
Re: Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested by RodgersAkpafu: 10:54am On Nov 02, 2021
Danja:

What is wrong with giving part of your state to other ppl in the same country. All land belong to God. Your ancestors must have migrated from another place to that place where you are laying claim. Learn to accommodate pls.
Are you seriously saying this ?
Re: Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested by Evercurious(f): 11:41am On Nov 02, 2021
Danja:

You are sos so mad and stupid
Re: Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested by Tecno66: 12:44pm On Nov 02, 2021
Illuminatiship:
There was once a NIGERIA
Now it is clear we are in a banana republic. How can a Governor brazingly remove a speaker with few members and be using the police to legitimize his illegal actions.

1 Like

Re: Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested by J3susFr3ak: 1:19pm On Nov 02, 2021
Tecno66:
Now it is clear we are in a banana republic. How can a Governor brazingly remove a speaker with few members and be using the police to legitimize his illegal actions.

Makes it seem as if the prolonged era of Military rule has so much dis-oriented the civilians, they have no clear understanding on what their specific roles are. But specifically, this can also been a knock-on carry over effect from Military excesses into an existing faux democracy.

The events almost signals a dour potential for abuse if or when State Police is finally accepted. Can we possibly define the parameters that should govern said State Police if finally put into effect?

1. No sitting State Governor has the right or power to utilize the state security apparatus to wield undue power and influence over another equal branch of the Government in a way that intimidates, diminishes or mutes their legitimate functions.

2. A court must be given concrete evidence of criminal activity in order to issue the Police a very limited warrant to interrogate and investigate if such allegations are true. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

3. If a sitting Governor violates due process by using the State security apparatus to wield terror or persecute political opponents...the courts have the power to immediately revoke those State Security privileges a Governor commands. Let the Judges and traditional rulers of the state be granted temporary control of the same State Security apparatus whenever a sitting Governor abuses his power and misbehaves. If the Judges and Traditional rulers also misbehave, then a higher but regional security control apparatus takes over. Ultimately, the true arbiters of what constitutes an abuse, lies with the people being governed.

4. No sitting Governor should have access to directly control the State police during sensitive times of elections. Judges from neutral zones oversee their actions. The people decide what constitutes a "neutral zone".

So...it is an attempt to LIMIT the power of the Federal Government on the State using the very biased and lopsided security structures that currently exists--while ensuring that any Governor does not go over the line to completely abuse his power when controlling a state police.

Yeah...I know this is a wish list and mere suggestions! But implementing any of these goes some distance to removing the shameful stigma of a "banana republic". in this limping faux democracy.

Whoever is the next President if this country limps along...feel free to steal some ideas for kick-starting a State Policing System.
Re: Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested by Izongdave(m): 1:25pm On Nov 02, 2021
What did section 42(2) of your constitution say
Danja:

Re: Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested by Baselm: 1:45pm On Nov 02, 2021
Safyqueen:

Who is mischievous here? You or I ?
Do you want to re-write history? From all indication I am talking to media schooled hypocritic teenager. Travel around and see reality.

This 2021 alone, I have visited between 8-10 states in Nigeria including all the states you earlier quoted.
Do well to name the Muslim dominated LGs in Plateau state you earlier asserted or forever keep shut.
Re: Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested by Cutezt(m): 4:02pm On Nov 02, 2021
Safyqueen:

This is my point. You are saying this because opportunity was given. How many LGAs has plateau state and how many are predominantly Muslims. Get your facts together and lets educate the public not sentiment.

You dey craze, Only Wase has many Muslims in the whole of Plateau, and you know you all stole that LGA from the Taroh.
Re: Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested by Safyqueen: 5:08pm On Nov 02, 2021
Cutezt:

You dey craze, Only Wase has many Muslims in the whole of Plateau, and you know you all stole that LGA from the Taroh.

I no blame you, na media thing. Face to face, you are too small to insult me. Where do you place Jos north, what of yelwa and so on. Anyway the truth will prevail.
Re: Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested by J3susFr3ak: 6:09pm On Nov 02, 2021
Safyqueen:

I no blame you, na media thing. Face to face, you are too small to insult me. Where do you place Jos north, what of yelwa and so on. Anyway the truth will prevail.

I beg your pardon! Jos North (or whatever you choose to call it) has districts and hamlets with names of the original inhabitants! The congested slum clusters the Hausas reside in are not even half the size of the normal districts in other parts of the state. Besides....settling in an area does not suddenly guarantee automatic rights for anyone else to suddenly kowtow to the guests' imaginary needs. The Igbos and Yoruba sections of Jos which are far older than these Hausa slums--are more organized and well-built since colonial times....yet fellows from the South choose to trade and do their business in quiet and peace. Now...why aren't the Sabon Garis in Kano and elsewhere brimming with Yoruba or Igbo settlers assuming control of entire LGAs? And those are far larger than the tiny congested slums the Hausas and their ilk reside.

Jos is Jos. Like I said before, every funny creation to rob natives of their rights and inheritance is not welcome. Jos North might as well be scraped and the blood stained LGA subventions be damned! We only know of one Jos.
Re: Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested by J3susFr3ak: 6:11pm On Nov 02, 2021
J3susFr3ak:

I beg your pardon! Jos North (or whatever you choose to call it) has districts and hamlets with names from and by the original inhabitants! The congested slum clusters the Hausas reside in are not even half the size of the normal districts in other parts of the state. Besides....settling in an area does not suddenly guarantee automatic rights for anyone else to suddenly kowtow to the guests' imaginary needs. The Igbo and Yoruba sections of Jos which are far older than these Hausa slums--are more organized and well-built since colonial times....yet fellows from the South choose to trade and do their business in quiet and peace. Now...why aren't the Sabon Garis in Kano and elsewhere brimming with Yoruba or Igbo settlers assuming control of entire LGAs? And those are far larger than the tiny congested slums the Hausas and their ilk reside.

Jos is Jos. Like I said before, every funny creation to rob natives of their rights and inheritance is not welcome. Jos North might as well be scraped and the blood stained LGA subventions be damned! We only know of one Jos.

Re: Plateau Assembly: Abok Ayuba, 10 Others Arrested by Cutezt(m): 9:47pm On Nov 02, 2021
Safyqueen:

Headslamming terrorist, I'll face you everywhere, in dream, reality, and everywhere.

The number of igbos alone in Jos north has overpowered the entire Muslim population.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshiomhole Dazzles Labour Community, Tinubu With Dance Moves (Video) / Gunshots In Port-harcourt For over Four Hours / Niger-Delta Amnesty Fueled Boko Haram - Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.