Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,456 members, 7,836,809 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video (42419 Views)

Mirabel Obi, UNN Twerker, Attempts Suicide (Video) / Mirabel Obi: My Father Lost Contracts Due To Twerking Video- UNN Medical Student / Mirabel Obi: Gustavo Cubana To Send Money To UNN Student Twerker For Expulsion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by WibusJaga: 8:14am On Nov 04, 2021

Our degrees and certificates are awarded only to those who have been found worthy in character and in learning.
Based on this, the girl deserves to be sanctioned.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Psoul(m): 8:18am On Nov 04, 2021
It will be wrong to expel her from school for this particular act.

Meanwhile, this girl should have better been a Theater Art or Mass Communication Student. She's too rugged and radical to be a Medical Student.
Medical students are supposed to groom themselves so well right from school so that wen at the job, even patients will have that confidence that this Doctor can treat me well.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Odidigboigbo(m): 8:22am On Nov 04, 2021
WoundedLamb:
Panel for what exactly? She could be wrong on moral grounds, but how is that the school's business? Do they really want to start punishing adults for indecent activities?
Have you ever take your time to read the oat you signed during matriculation? You are not only trained academically but in character. Maybe it's not also school business for students to join cult. The UNN I know, there are some clothes you dear not wear in the campus, you will be sanctioned. These things are written in the oat.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by babyfaceafrica: 8:23am On Nov 04, 2021
passion007:

It wouldn't be the first time UNN expelled students for improper conduct in their personal lives. While in my first year, they used to emphasise that you had to be 'worthy in character and in learning' in order to graduate. Notice that character is even mentioned first.

Not that I agree with that philosophy as I think it should change to reflect the times we are in.
So values should be relaxed because of the times we are in. Lolz
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by jaxxy(m): 8:25am On Nov 04, 2021
How was she half naked?? undecided

U guys better free her if u don’t have more important work to do.

Did she dance in the lecture room or at a party and it’s was even a dance competition.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by texazzpete(m): 8:27am On Nov 04, 2021
Skyfornia:
She must be under some influence...don't suspend her rather take her to a psychiatrist, hard drug is definitely driving her.

I strongly suspect YOU are the one under the influence of hard drugs, or have a mental health condition. Because this your comment is senseless, illogical and unwise.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by texazzpete(m): 8:30am On Nov 04, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Have you ever take your time to read the oat you signed during matriculation? You are not only trained academically but in character. Maybe it's not also school business for students to join cult. The UNN I know, there are some clothes you dear not wear in the campus, you will be sanctioned. These things are written in the oat.

And what has that got to do with her dancing at night, away from official school business?
How can you try to equate her dancing with cultism? I believe your certificate should also be withdrawn because this is a poorly considered analogy.

Where does it end with UNN? Should they also do forced virginity tests for men and women and expel non-virgins?

Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by yusluvad(m): 8:30am On Nov 04, 2021
Bighead9:
Igbo Girls no Dey carry last. They must hustle. Money must be made. grin grin grin grin
Ngwanu...
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by PaNnamdi: 8:32am On Nov 04, 2021
muller101:
Morally some people's comments on this thread shows they are already dead. If you want people to adhere to mind your business mentality don't go to public places. Useless yourself privately.
Are u the owner of public place u can't force your views on others public place or not u can go to Afghanistan and cover all your body including your eyes nonsense.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Goalnaldo(m): 8:32am On Nov 04, 2021
I wonder why females are hell bent in bringing shame to their families and institutions of learning.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by texazzpete(m): 8:33am On Nov 04, 2021
KingAzari:

''Our degrees and certificates are awarded only to those who have been found worthy in character and in learning"

Let that sink in.

The ‘character’ bit covers serious offenses like cultism, theft, murder, rape etc. not a pledge that everyone who goes to the school must be as pure as the driven snow.

Can UNN prove that this has harmed the school or her fellow students in any way?

1 Like

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by PaNnamdi: 8:33am On Nov 04, 2021
Psoul:

Meanwhile, this girl should have better been a Theater Art or Mass Communication Student. She's too rugged and radical to be a Medical Student.
Medical students are supposed to groom themselves so well right from school so that wen at the job, even patients will have that confidence that this Doctor can treat me well.
Yet Nigerian doctors at public hospitals behaves like agberos in mushin grin grin
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by PaNnamdi: 8:35am On Nov 04, 2021
WibusJaga:

Based on this, the girl deserves to be sanctioned.
Sanction over what

Mr righteous man!!!! explain why she should be sanctioned

1 Like

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by seyz91(m): 8:36am On Nov 04, 2021
cheesy

na ontop useless matter panel and comittee dey dey ontop for this useless country when dem no get real job
iLoveYouToo:
Panel ontop this kind matter? SMH

1 Like

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Pimine: 8:36am On Nov 04, 2021
muller101:
Morally some people's comments on this thread shows they are already dead. If you want people to adhere to mind your business mentality don't go to public places. Useless yourself privately.
Aswearugaaad

Issa simpu sturvz.

Institutions will always move to distance themselves from anything that would cast a negative light on their reputation. Useless yourself but don't let it affect my business.

That's the same reason companies cut ties with Tiwhore Savage after her sextape scandal.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by PaNnamdi: 8:37am On Nov 04, 2021
MALIGNANTGuest:
This ASHAWO again!
Keep quiet bro,
Stop been a hypocrite
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by AfroKnight: 8:39am On Nov 04, 2021
So she’s not a medical student.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Bamzyriches451: 8:40am On Nov 04, 2021
This people no just get work!
Panel untop this kind matter?
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by KingAzari: 8:48am On Nov 04, 2021
texazzpete:

The ‘character’ bit covers serious offenses like cultism, theft, murder, rape etc. not a pledge that everyone who goes to the school must be as pure as the driven snow.

Can UNN prove that this has harmed the school or her fellow students in any way?

Their school, their rules. Abide or step aside for others that want to abide.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by chymeze: 8:48am On Nov 04, 2021
Assessment or conferment of a degree in university is not just based on academic assessment, the character of the so called person is also adjudged as important as the academic prowess itself. That's why when a certificate or degree is conferred, the person is said to have been found worthy in CHARACTER
(conduct) and in LEARNING (academic)! That's also the reason why cultism can earn one an outright expulsion. And to even think that she's a medical student who'd be entrusted with the life of a human being, good character or conduct is all the more important!

WoundedLamb:
Panel for what exactly? She could be wrong on moral grounds, but how is that the school's business? Do they really want to start punishing adults for indecent activities?
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Odidigboigbo(m): 8:52am On Nov 04, 2021
Rydermaverick:

And is this China...we practice democracy here not dictatorship..we Nigerians always let religion get into our head anytime we are always passing judgement..use your head to process things not following what you are being told..
She was dancing for a price in a competition and she was desperate to win the money so she did what she gotta do by pulling off her top or something..was she naked? stop being judgemental..
Hypocrisy we are quick to judge others especially ladies but we always act as if we ain't worse than them...peace out and enjoy..
Her action has brought bad reputation to the school, which is against the oath she signed in her Maric, to be a good student in "Character and Learning" and never to indulge in any activities that will bring bad reputation to the Institution.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by bab22: 8:53am On Nov 04, 2021
Na book Dis one come learn.
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Sermwell(m): 8:55am On Nov 04, 2021
donprincebigt:
Panel!!! Ontop twerking ?
Her life is her reputation. What's dere own. If she like make she spoil am. And if she like make she preserve am.
How I wish everybody just av d mind ur business mentality. Everywhere 4 good
If everyone does what they like, you won't be here typing this nonsense! The school's reputation is at stake if they don't act!!
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Nobody: 8:57am On Nov 04, 2021
Odidigboigbo:
Her action has brought bad reputation to the school, which is against the oath she signed in her Maric, to be a good student in "Character and Learning" and never to indulge in any activities that will bring bad reputation to the Institution.
And how has it brought bad reputation to the school?any sensible person alive should know she didn't commit any crime and also it's left for any illiterate to view it as a crime..
In my knowledge and understanding I don't think any institution would take "twerking" at a "competition" as a bad character...stop the stereotype man..we should be addressing what makes sense instead of dying over an innocent girl "twerking" by the way why are you so bothered..??keep your head up and chill out..
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by rex21: 9:03am On Nov 04, 2021
donprincebigt:
Panel!!! Ontop twerking ?
Her life is her reputation. What's dere own. If she like make she spoil am. And if she like make she preserve am.
How I wish everybody just av d mind ur business mentality. Everywhere 4 good

This 'mind your business' slogan of this nee generation dey spoil things both directly and indirectly, but una nor know.

Person wey drink go drive, come get accident kill the wife of he friend ontop okada. He friend naim buy the drink for am, knowing fully well say he go drive.

Our small actions can cause cataclysmic events bro.

Africa has a saying that a child is not raised by the parents alone, but by the community.

Nor talk mind your business, rather reprimand with moderation, nor carry the matter for head

1 Like

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Mayflowa(m): 9:07am On Nov 04, 2021
Rydermaverick:

How is hard drugs affecting her? For twerking in a competition or did she commit a crime...??
Nigerians get serious problem abeg...

What is twerking? She wasn't even naked. This was a student party. No one has any business there.

1 Like

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Vinnie2000(m): 9:08am On Nov 04, 2021
aluyapreston:

Baba she committed a very big crime as long as Nigeria Universities is Concerned. This is our Jusrisdiction and not the west. The NUC mandates all Universities to only award degree for academic powress and character. She failed the last.

Even in China, crossdressers or any wrong gender swinging is drastically punished. Did you ever read your Matriculation book

Oga!
She has NOT committed any Big Crime! I watched the video!
She twerked mostly in front of Girls! It was DARK! It was a FEMALE HOSTEL!
It was done in fronts of ADULTS!

In the US, Flashing of your Genitals in Public is an Offence!
However If you flash ur genitals at night, at in a Blind Alley, d Offence might be Overlooked!

We Should Apply CommonSense and stop all dis Self-righteousness Bulls*t!!.. sad
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by subzeroth: 9:12am On Nov 04, 2021
Psoul:

The lady in question is not graduating to be a doctor..she is not a medical student but a medical laboratory science student.
Medical lab science students are the least disciplined among all other medical courses so I'm not really surprise

1 Like

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by jonadaft: 9:16am On Nov 04, 2021
DWJOBScom:
Oh great
I hope they compensate her for the destruction of her private property
Or the indecent comment of the Dean
Compensate a shameless slùt?
Who brought you up?
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by passion007: 9:20am On Nov 04, 2021
babyfaceafrica:
So values should be relaxed because of the times we are in. Lolz

Short answer is yes.

Firstly UNN is not a religious institution, so who defines what is considered good or bad, and based on whose religion?

Secondly, the world has moved on very quickly since the institution was set up in 1963. Our culture has undergone a paradigm shift, and I don't think we can continue to hold people, especially women, to our older ideals of good behaviour. It is paternalistic at the very least.

Thirdly, body revealing costumes, dances, cultures are now part of popular culture in today's world. They did not exist in 1963, so it is important to interpret the supposed infraction in the light of what is common today.

But this is only my opinion, you're welcome to disagree as I'm not enforcing it on anyone.

1 Like

Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 04, 2021
Mayflowa:

What is twerking? She wasn't even naked. This was a student party. No one has any business there.
The thing tire me..and wan guy just dey follow me argue say na bad character...na wa oo..make religion no just make some people head scatter..Nigerians are too judgemental abeg..
Re: Mirabel Obi: UNN Releases Statement On Student Who Twerked In Viral Video by jimtemi1: 9:25am On Nov 04, 2021
You no thank GOD she no twerk naked or with panties.. Nowadays girls lack dignity

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oboh Emmanuel: OAU Student Commits Suicide Over Academic Depression / It is actually 'Biscuit Bone', not 'Brisket Bone' / Ambrose Alli University Law Students Celebrate Graduation In Grand Style(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.