Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,921 members, 7,835,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? (18958 Views)

Lawyer Faults Portable’s Arrest, Says Police Not Debt Recovery Agency / Woman Punched To Death Three Days To Wedding Over N100 Debt (pic) / Uber Driver Nearly Jumps Into Lagoon In Lagos Over N90K Debt. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by kaymart: 10:28am On Nov 05, 2021
This thread u inscribed into Ur thread appears like a marketing strategy by loan sharks/company to draw sympathy to themselves....
No reasonable human with such level of education judging from the write-up will have this sort of mentality....
Anyways, goodluck to both of u (the borrower And the borrowee)
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by blackslayer: 10:28am On Nov 05, 2021
It's not only Nigerians...it's messed up people in general.
I just almost shot somebody just as a lesson for not paying back a $600 loan just now.
Why do you collect money you know you cannot payback or have no intention of paying back?
It's people that lack integrity that do such! I have no respect for anyone like that.
I took my shirt off my back to loan this particular bastard some money and when it was time to pay back they tell you stories..
I showed the asshole today...people like that are not friends but opportunistic assholes that need to be cut off....
I just had to vent man! what disrespect!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by blackslayer: 10:33am On Nov 05, 2021
1Alex:
Oga op, money no dey. A lot of people would want to make a repayment but money no dey. Those loan sharks should allow the option of paying back in convenient installments.

Money no dey? But you collected happily, now when its time to repay, money no dey? LOL
Your logic is warped at best.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by bamdly(m): 10:35am On Nov 05, 2021
Jwonder:

What is the debtors gain is I can't pay my staffs? Will they work for free? Won't they also commit suicide?
So u do have a loan company..... No wonder u are pissed at many naira landers comment
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by blackslayer: 10:38am On Nov 05, 2021
slimanyd:
My bro. Am currently in a 50k debt now because I thought they will be true to there words. Borrowed this fool 50k to add up to the operation of fibroid she did. Its now over 1 year , Nothing has been sent. People can at times be very wicked.

Yeap...it's nothing short of wickedness! wicked people are shameless.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Mrbenny001: 10:43am On Nov 05, 2021
Both the lenders and the borrower are criminal..you give someone 5k to collect 8k just for 7 days..most honest people who will definitely pay back won't even take such loan
FiverrTutor:
Nigerians are naturally by default criminally minded in nature... You see them everyday in church but unfortunately the having a pure heart is very far from them!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by ATECHCOIN: 10:45am On Nov 05, 2021
[quote author=Jwonder post=107345050]There's been a rise of Nigerians defaulting on Loans and coming online to form victims.
Why would you take a loan you have no plans of paying back?
This Loan companies don't collect collateral, so how else do expect them to recover their money if they don't harras you?

Just go through this thread and see how wicked humans are.
https://www.nairaland.com/6835279/loan-app-agent-keeps-blackmailing
They all forget this loan company is somebody's investment with staff to pay.
If everyone keeps defaulting on the loan won't they run out of business?

WHY ARE WE NEVER STRAIGHTFORWARD AS NIGERIANS?
I urge the CBN/ FG to start blocking the BVN and bank accounts attached to the BVN of loan defaulters, this will reduce the trend of evil people taking loans and refusing to pay.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Gsentme(m): 10:46am On Nov 05, 2021
Borrow pay.. because you might need it tomorrow.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Samakus(m): 10:47am On Nov 05, 2021
Nigerians are not people to help. Only few have the mindset of paying back loans.

Imagine small 10k I lent to someone I thought was my best friend, for two months now, the guy no wan pay me my money. Funny thing is that we work in the same office and I know how many times I have covered his tracks. To pick my call is a problem now.

I dey wait am on Monday. Either he gives me that money or one of us dies. I have learned my lesson. Never again!! Cry blood for eye, I go tell you say e no dey.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by shoprite: 10:51am On Nov 05, 2021
Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt?

They don't HATE paying . . .they just don't LIKE paying ! grin grin grin

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Epeegee(m): 10:52am On Nov 05, 2021
Open eyes my people,its 100% scam
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by kaymart: 10:53am On Nov 05, 2021
Coldie:

I borrow my own guy money someone that makes more money than me, pay me back he is demanding to check my bank statements first to know if I don’t have money. I just acted like I have forgotten about the money the shameless fool still get mind dae tell me to help am buy sth that he would pay me later, I refused.

Next thing he started telling people am stingy
Imagine...ppl dey...I just can't understand how some ppl think...

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by blackslayer: 10:54am On Nov 05, 2021
Samakus:
Nigerians are not people to help. Only few have the mindset of paying back loans.

Imagine small 10k I lent to someone I thought was my best friend, for two months now, the guy no wan pay me my money. Funny thing is that we work in the same office and I know how many times I have covered his tracks. To pick my call is a problem now.

I dey wait am on Monday. Either he gives me that money or one of us dies. I have learned my lesson. Never again!! Cry blood for eye, I go tell you say e no dey.

You will be shocked to know it's not only Nigerians!
Now i know why some people don't loan others money even when they have the means to.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by kaymart: 11:04am On Nov 05, 2021
Jwonder:

I suggest you open your own loan company and let people pay at their convenient time.
Don't mind them....
Alwz talking rubbish when they know they won't take a glimpse of such...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by nobilie: 11:05am On Nov 05, 2021
Oga OP, make i hear word. The amount of hunger in the land now is alarming. People working are finding life difficult talk less of people not working(which is very high). If you are hungry, you must borrow. Nigerians now borrow to repay loan and borrow another to eat. I dont support wrongs but trying to understand the OP esp as relates it to loan companies.
Now, regards loan firms exp loan APPs, which i call official criminals, they will grant you short time loan at ridiculous interest rate (sometimes more than 50%) but will claim @15%. Imagine a loan of N4000 to repair in 5 days and you are paying back more than N1000 as interest!! That is devilish cos you make the borrower deeper in need. If you default for a day (due to no money yet, APP issue or wrong destination, failure due to network), this people will not only disturb your life with calls/SMS but will criminally send an incriminating SMS to all your contacts (9Credit is on number 1). This is blackmail. People should start charging them to court. You'll notice that the loan APPs are now on the increase cos they are reaping people off.
almost everyone will jump into conclusion that people are wicked regards returning loan. This may be true depending on the cycle of friends/people you have/keep. At this time in Nigeria, times are veeerrrry hard. If you must lend to someone, let it be an amount you can forgo except, you are sure.
Try hard to avoid loan APPs (i know it will be difficult sha).
I know that very soon, CBN will look into their criminal activities and close down some but increasing conditions of running it(minimum deposit).
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Samakus(m): 11:05am On Nov 05, 2021
blackslayer:

You will be shocked to know it's not only Nigerians!
Now i know why some people don't loan others money even when they have the means to.

NEVER again in my life will I try. Never!!! If small 10k could make my best friend behave like this, imagine if it's someone I was not to close with. It's my best friend we're talking about here. My pain is that it's not that the money hasn't come for him to pay back. This guy received salary last Monday. Pay up na, for where.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by kaymart: 11:05am On Nov 05, 2021
Jwonder:

What is the debtors gain is I can't pay my staffs?
Will they work for free? Won't they also commit suicide?
Stop reply those kind of ppl...
They are wicked...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by blackslayer: 11:09am On Nov 05, 2021
Samakus:

NEVER again in my life will I try. Never!!! If small 10k could make my best friend behave like this, imagine if it's someone I was not to close with. It's my best friend we're talking about here. My pain is that it's not that the money hasn't come for him to pay back. This guy received salary last Monday. Pay up na, for where.

Even if he didn't receive salary, its none of your concern. He borrowed money from you and he refused to repay! He stole from you essentially....You need to reevaluate your so called friendship. That is not a friend but an opportunistic asshole!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Kajaard: 11:23am On Nov 05, 2021
CryptoClub2018:

You people are foolish as I have said and most especially you. Which foolish T & C. The one you all copy from one foolish Chinese company and all made a standard for your selfish selfs. Lazy thieves, if you know how to run a business, run a proper business and see if you can grow and not the money you inherited from your late father or mother using for a lazy business reaping where you did not sow. Ole. Lazy fools. People already know you and it's viral so people will continue to default and you can do nothing. Some don't care if you blackmail them or not since you loan companies have decided to be mad, let everyone be mad. Lazy people, go and run a proper business and see what it looks like. Miserable people. You are talking about t&c, can you collect that kind of loan with such interest rate within a short time if you don't have an issue? 7 days? You people are mad

Lol cheesy grin cheesy

Bros dey vex cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Gkemz: 11:43am On Nov 05, 2021
That's why I no longer lend huge amt of money to my Imo friends. Last time I lent 50k, I fought tooth and nail to recover 90% of it after which we became foes. Imo people are known for that.
Someone was sacked by her employer for supplying goods worth over 700k on credit to an Imo businessman operating in Owerri who absconded with her goods without payment.
It's wickedness.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Stanchem029: 11:49am On Nov 05, 2021
Bakerdav:
r u sure of this,make u loan me for fish farming biz then
Stay away from that boy, he is a chronic scammer.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Bakerdav: 12:04pm On Nov 05, 2021
Stanchem029:

Stay away from that boy, he is a chronic scammer.
lol u don turn to sokoloan ,na dem dy use chronic words

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Hahjascho(m): 12:04pm On Nov 05, 2021
Samakus:

Lol....experience has taught many of us a good lesson.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by pedrilo: 12:06pm On Nov 05, 2021
Ask them why they hate LAPO and listen to all manner of lies all because the organisation knows how to handle them.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by BigBashiru: 12:13pm On Nov 05, 2021
joey150:
Never deal with a typical Nigerian without a 'fail safe' option. The average Nigerian thinks they're cunningly smart. They see every 'loophole' as an opportunity to exhibit their callousness and lawlessness, and they shamelessly brag about it when they succeed.

Unfortunately, most Nigerians lack any form of discipline. They are a product of their environment. Government exploits the people, people exploit themselves, vicious cycle. This pathetic behaviour isn't just linked to loan repayment. Nigerians bypass meters, avoid paying taxes, never obey authority, I can go on and on.

Loan sharks are the worst people to borrow from. However, you signed up and agreed to their terms. And since there's no collateral, people think it's free money. Happily borrowing without any plans to repay. Without those threats or embarrassment, most people would never pay. Extreme solution to an extreme problem.

And then they go "Buhari is a disaster", "the mannequin in aso rock", etc

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Hahjascho(m): 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2021
Àsejù ni borrowing from Loan shark, discussing money lent to family and friends ti wà ok.

Truly, many are just wicked and really lack self control. Though life out there is hard, it doesn't warrant making insincere fantasised, fake promises with no plan to repay when soliciting for money. Think ahead and borrow what you can afford to pay back. That's where most people get it wrong.

Most loan defaulters have created a bad tag for people who honestly borrow for good intents. These same people have taught don't who wish to lend money out a big lesson.

It's just not hard to do. Repay the money you borrowed with the same ENERGY & PASSION you used when collecting it.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Maxwell4404(m): 12:17pm On Nov 05, 2021
Because dem no won receive Debit alert grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by slimanyd: 12:30pm On Nov 05, 2021
Coldie:

I borrow my own guy money someone that makes more money than me, pay me back he is demanding to check my bank statements first to know if I don’t have money. I just acted like I have forgotten about the money the shameless fool still get mind dae tell me to help am buy sth that he would pay me later, I refused.

Next thing he started telling people am stingy

Chai. I noticed close friends finds it difficult to repay debt but far friends who you hardly chat or talk with respect themselves. That's why I will hardly borrow close pal any tangible money but if nah like 1k or 3k. I fit borrow , but to borrow a friend like 5k upward now, would take holy spirit to person all talk to him himself.
Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by airsaylongcome: 12:36pm On Nov 05, 2021
Lifestone:

Don't judge the loan company untill you see the terms and conditions of the Loan. Although it's doubtful if contact can provide guarantee without express consent. It's probably a plot to further harassed the chronic debtor

Really?! Don't blame the loan company? I don't care the terms. Until one of them gets a lawsuit for sending messages to people that were not party to the loan

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerians Hate Paying Their Debt? by Karlifate: 12:48pm On Nov 05, 2021
koladebrainiac:
you were in a fixed
you needed money to eat or to pay your wife hospital bill,

you are a salary earner and the month was 12th of the that month,you approached your company for IOU, your company told you there is no money
you called all your friends and family, everybody is saying no money

all you needed was 20k
then one friend told you about loan app
where you can borrow money
you downloaded the app, the amount you were looking for is 20k the loan company said you qualified for 12k and you will pay back 18,500 in the next 7days

you were like what the hell!!!

12k to pay 18500?? this is rip off! you logged out

then you went out again, finally somebody managed to borrow u 10k

your wife was still in the hospital and the bill is now 15k

you begged the doctor for that you have only 10k but the doctor said get the complete money blah blah blah

later in the day you turn back to that app, you took the 12k

the next day your wife was discharged

you were safe everybody is happy

then you b you bought food of 5k for the family

6days later the collector started reminding you for the money

suddenly you realized that you do not have any means to pay back 18,500 vthe next day

dude i was just begging for 20k 6days ago

and at that point the money your church contributed in your care , 15k you have already spent it oo. hoping that you when you collect your salary you will pay back

the next day the loan was due are messaging you up and down calling you to pay your loan 18,500

now you have to perform the magic, you told your wife, your wife too had to go borrow money again she got 8k you kept stalling then your the loan kept accumulating

it got to a stage the loan accumulated to 25k,all what you took was 12k oo... then they paid your salary which was 60k
you are paying 25k ,8k and 10k debt

oya share the money

cheesy Sense no go kee you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Girl Throws Away Her New Born Baby From 2-storey Building In Enugu / Arase Demotes Patrick Onwu, DPO, For Assaulting Female Traffic Warden / Father-Of-Six Arrested For Sexually Assaulting 9-Year-Old Girl In Adamawa (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.