Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,262 members, 7,839,327 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education (5212 Views)

Buhari Scraps Security Vote To Top Officials - Sahara Reporters / Buhari Has Scrapped Security Vote To Top Federal Officials / Gov Fayose Slashes Security Vote By 50%,, Reduces Ministries From 24 To 14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education by shady26(m): 3:06pm On Jun 07, 2011
@KOBO JUNKIE,y dont u get lost from this thread seeing ur views r not welcome and go look for any thread talkn about Yoruba eko fashola acn all joined togather to massage ur delusions instead of wastn ur talents here or do u think they r not seeing the jealousy veiled in ur comments.jema je du, ari onye iwu ebe!
Re: Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education by Kobojunkie: 3:24pm On Jun 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^ When you grow a brain, you will probably realize then say no be your papa get this thread.
Re: Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education by vicenzo(m): 4:15pm On Jun 07, 2011
Kobojunkie:

^^^^Yes, if you do not agree with @vincenzo and his ego, you are a fake imolite, right? grin grin grin
Kobo,i don't want to be trapped in your circular arguement.
Re: Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On Jun 07, 2011
. . . . ^^ this from the one who has so far offered the most ridiculous of arguments on this . ROFLMAO!!
Re: Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education by Guyman02: 4:34pm On Jun 07, 2011
Rochas has to start from a field where he knows the ground very well which is running schools succesfully.
The youths in Imo are talented going by the results achieved in major exams in Nigeria and the enrolment number. With the right education and enabling environment, getting the correct manpower to run businesses will not be a problem and the resultant effect will be rapid growth for the State.

The only way a nation can develop is through education. Kudos to Rochas. The Biafrans were able to develop some critical equipment during the civil war because of the available education they had which later led Awolowo to declare free education in the South West and for which other parts of the country have not been able to catch up.
The only way the govt could slow them down for the North to catch up was to declare catchment areas and quota systems in higher education, but they West circumvented this arrangement more easily because they shared several similar Muslim names with the Northerners and claimed many of the available Northern slots which the Igbos couldnt do.

Kobojunkie:

^^^ When you grow a brain, you will probably realize then say no be your papa get this thread.

The fact that say no be him papa get this thread doesnt mean that you must post JUNKies on issues you dont understand. Now I wonder who really needs to grow a brain?
Re: Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education by Ibomade1: 4:48pm On Jun 07, 2011
This Man seem to mean business. The security vote has always been an issue of concern to me. Imagine all the money that Governors allocate for security.
I hope some other Governors will take a leaf from this man. That is if there are not already vexed that this man is trying to spoil show for them.
Re: Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education by boneyone(m): 5:28pm On Jun 07, 2011
From what i know Rochas has got 3 schools (east, west, North) and i have a cousin who actually went to one, you only pay a subsidised amount for feeding and tuition is free, i have always acknowledge this even before he won the election, my fear is if the powers that be would allow him apply 'government' funds judiciously.
Initial gra-gra is ok, at least it sets a pace for something, if he aims at 100 maybe we would get 70.
But emphasis should be on industries, owerri cant boast of standard industries (just hotels), with industries there would be generation of funds for more scholarships vis-a-vis tax, ask fashola how much is generated from tax cos of industries around. Lets get ada palms running again, but nike resort on the map, find a way to tap into 'ota mmiri'. With 5 colleges in the state theres enough human traffic for recreational sites and also graduates for man power
Bottom line i wish the guy the best of luck cos he needs it to halt the downward slide imo state was on and myopic and sycophantic politicians around him.
Re: Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Jun 07, 2011
Guyman02:

Rochas has to start from a field where he knows the ground very well which is running schools succesfully.
The youths in Imo are talented going by the results achieved in major exams in Nigeria and the enrolment number. With the right education and enabling environment, getting the correct manpower to run businesses will not be a problem and the resultant effect will be rapid growth for the State.

The only way a nation can develop is through education. Kudos to Rochas. The Biafrans were able to develop some critical equipment during the civil war because of the available education they had which later led Awolowo to declare free education in the South West and for which other parts of the country have not been able to catch up.
The only way the govt could slow them down for the North to catch up was to declare catchment areas and quota systems in higher education, but they West circumvented this arrangement more easily because they shared several similar Muslim names with the Northerners and claimed many of the available Northern slots which the Igbos couldnt do.

The fact that say no be him papa get this thread doesnt mean that you must post JUNKies on issues you dont understand. Now I wonder who really needs to grow a brain?

Kobojunkie:

Re: Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education by Oscillation(m): 6:59pm On Jun 07, 2011
If this can be achieve in anambra state i think imo can do same. It was initiated by ngige but obi's administration revoked it but later reformed it and students have to pay #50 for primary and #500 for junior secondary as education levy fee. Free education doesn't necessarily entails putting everything to standard at a time. I can assuredly infer that anambra state government have improve education in the state to a level that major schools have functional bore-hole, giant sound prove generator, computer system (the last one being 50 laptops), vsat for internet connections, science lab equipments, books, new school bus, at least a new building block to mention but a few . Imo should start from somewhere and rochas has taken the first step in the right direction kudos to imolites and i believe the man will achieve wonders in imo state and people will not have to part with #10 for a sachet of water anymore. With good cooperation with his counter part in anambra(governor with a track record of prudence in management of state fund) he will exactly know what to do with their money, when and where to reform. Am not saying that anambra is a paradise, infact we're still miles away from there, development is one after the other continuous reformation to keep things going. All i know is that he is super rich to execute his philanthropist acts even when he is not a governor so he can better all his achievement now he is one and rewrite history and possibly carve his name in gold in the sand of time. cool
Re: Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education by Eziachi: 7:11pm On Jun 07, 2011
kcjazz:

The money is here, now it is a new question.

First off, Imo State has the highest literacy rate in Nigeria. Meaning: Someone is passing their JAMB and getting the minimum 5 credits. Quality is relative, it not like it is Katsina or Boko. The issue of quality is not buildings or computer, it is an institutional problem in Nigeria.
However, Rochas Okorocha has a plan to re-train and improve teachers quality. Programs such as the Teach-The-Teacher Program (TTP) will handle that aspect. To the best of my knowledge, no new schools are being built rather schools will be upgraded and modernized. Bring back the glory of Bishop Shanahan, Holy Ghost college etc

Kcjazz,
Do you know I am an old boy of BISHOP SHANAHAN COLLEGE? During my time, it was the Hopewardell College or Fishers college were the rivals in the old East then, this was before Emmanuel College and later the like of Holy Ghost College.
Bishop Shanahan College surfered a terrible physical damage in the hand of Nigerian troops and airforce during the war. I have not been there in nearly 35 years now.

As for the issue of free education, I believe that the poorest state of Nigeria can afford free education up to secondary school level if every penny of the public goes into public spending alone and all official and unofficial thieving stopped, capital flight stopped.
I am sure they will all have surplus but if a state like Imo will voting that sum of money for security they do not control before, no wonder they have no money left to service the public issues because, we all knew that all State's security budgets ends up in Swiss bank accounts.
Re: Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 07, 2011
Lol, Eziachi attended my Dad's school, LMAO, small world
Re: Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education by kasiem(m): 8:55pm On Jun 07, 2011
@violent, how did u know that my second name is slowpoke? Jealousy dey killoooöo
Re: Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education by Ericology(m): 10:39pm On Jun 07, 2011
musKeeto:

Lol, Eziachi attended my Dad's school,  LMAO,  small world

BSC na my alma mater too
Re: Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education by ugostefano(m): 11:11pm On Jun 07, 2011
one thing i know is this Rochas and Ngige have futher plans/ambitions. their present postions are not there main interest and they will try all they can to make good use of this postion to get to their main postion. i foresee one running for president in 2015 and another been a vice president. Rochas APGA presidential candidate 2015. GEJ will not make it to Aso rock next tenure because most of this governors will perform so well in their states will GEJ will be ridicule with so many national issues that he will have a poor tenure.
Re: Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education by houvest: 12:10am On Jun 08, 2011
ugostefano:

one thing i know is this Rochas and Ngige have futher plans/ambitions. their present postions are not there main interest and they will try all they can to make good use of this postion to get to their main postion. i foresee one running for president in 2015 and another been a vice president. Rochas APGA presidential candidate 2015. GEJ will not make it to Aso rock next tenure because most of this governors will perform so well in their states will GEJ will be ridicule with so many national issues that he will have a poor tenure.

I think Anyim too.
Re: Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education by kcjazz(m): 4:53am On Jun 08, 2011
Eziachi:

Kcjazz,
Do you know I am an old boy of BISHOP SHANAHAN COLLEGE? During my time, it was the Hopewardell College or Fishers college were the rivals in the old East then, this was before Emmanuel College and later the like of Holy Ghost College.
Bishop Shanahan College surfered a terrible physical damage in the hand of Nigerian troops and airforce during the war. I have not been there in nearly 35 years now.

Haha Oga Eziachi, glad to know. I never attended this schools but my folks talk about them like mini-Havards of the old days plus CKC Onitsha, gives me so much pleasure. Do you have old boys association? You guys should do something to restore the glory.

Meanwhile, for the funding aspect. Here is the official disbursement to states by the UBE program, it shows that indeed as I believe education should be free in all states under 5 million pop, Lagos can take care of itself lol grin . I am sad that this moneys are in trillions in the past 5 years, so when we talk free education it is every childs right first plus for Nigeria it is never about money. Data is 2005-2010 and yet some foolish states have not even collected their own like WTH!

Disbursed funds
[url]http://ubeconline.com/Pre/disbursement%20AS%20AT%2031st%20MAY,%202011.pdf[/url]

Unaccessed funds
[url]http://ubeconline.com/Pre/unaccess%20AS%20AT%2031st%20MAY,%202011.pdf[/url]

UBE Website http://ubeconline.com/financial_records.html

State governments need to step up, it is sad what am seeing and even Imo has not taken all their funds cry, part of the problem I hear is a lack of implementation and accountability by the states, you have to show what you have done for money to be released.
Re: Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education by DONZIGWE: 8:28am On Jun 08, 2011
I am an Imolite, from Ezinihitte Mbaise to be precise. I have lived in Imo state all through my life.
Take it or you leave it ROCHAS is the messiah the people have been waiting for in Imo state. I
have never seen a man that has the kind of support ROCHAS has in Imo, therefore he has no choice
than to perform. Well as for the free education, that is a step in the right direction, and he should be
commended for that. Investing the security votes in our education is also a step in the right direction.
After all Imo had the highest rate of Kidnapping during the last administration, even with such huge
amount of money as security whatever.
Re: Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education by OgeneDom(m): 12:54pm On Jun 08, 2011
May God strengthen you to do the right thing and to to strong not to fall for the hungry politicians. The bottom line is let there be a quality free education in Imo state.
Re: Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education by kellybaba(m): 2:34pm On Jun 08, 2011
So 'his Ex- cellency' Ikedi Godson Ohakim(with his goons) was busy squeezing Imo dry through a whopping financial haemorrhage of N6.5 BILLION yearly and yet he's always on air crying that Imo has lean financial resources and cannot do much about infrastructural development.

Man's inhumanity to man ! Wickedness of the wicked ! Lets see how you will end up for visiting Imo citizens with so much scourge and deceit !
Re: Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education by Dede1(m): 5:31pm On Jun 08, 2011
I seriously do not understand the joyous expressions on the faces of people of Imo State on mere declaration of free education in the state by Rochas Okorocha. As a matter of fact, this so-called education theme is overhyped. I guess educated masses need jobs. As much as I liked the sound made by education, I prefer the sound made by job. The ratio of jobs/graduates available in Imo State is staggering in favor of joblessness.
Re: Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On Jun 08, 2011
^^^ I am gonna go with that too! Jobs sound better than pooling at that available money now towards some free education scheme when that money alone will probably not be enough to fix the dilapidated schools, or adequately train the teachers to improve education in the state.
Re: Rochas Slashes Security Vote To Make Money For Free Education by rolchi(m): 9:06am On Jun 09, 2011
I buy your idea, Kobojunkie! Come to Rivers State and see the environment where free education should be expressed. The quality of the schools built by CRA. Now, the other day, ARO was on TV in one Secondary School in Imo State teaching Economics. The infrastructure was really in a bad shape and ARO also complained that the teachers were not in school as at 9.00am,

Now, free education must involve a good learning environment, well motivated teachers and enough "kudi". I do not think that 6.5B Naira will achieve this in a state like Imo that is has Education as the only visible Industry!!!

I wait to see how ARO will do this magic without asking the people to pay some kind of money.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Reason(s) Why US Is Scared Of Nigeria / North Korea Sends Serious Warning To Nigeria Over Inciting Movie…see / President Jacob Zuma Sends Message To Nairaland Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.