Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,792 members, 7,844,571 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports (15602 Views)

COVID-19: FAAN To Deploy Robots In Airports / COVID-19: Nigerian Airports Set For Reopening, Passengers Issued Warnings / FAAN To Divert All MMIA Flights To E Wing On Saturday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by Powersurge: 6:45am On Nov 09, 2021
This country is a fucking joke. A big zoo.

1 Like

Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by EagleNest(m): 6:45am On Nov 09, 2021
lexy2014:

I don't get u. Who is "them" and how are they being patronised?

Have you not used the Lagos airport before? I'm surprised you are digging on the obvious. Take a trip there, just stand and watch even if you are not travelling, and you won't miss it.
Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by CableWire: 6:50am On Nov 09, 2021
Nigeria is a joke. But first, who wan ban who?
FAAN go first ban FAAN cos na them be highest bribe collector for airports even when they are on uniforms, followed by Customs, Immigration, Quarantine officers, NDLEA, then, airline staff, before the littered agents, the handlers.

So, FAAN go first ban that their oga Capt Rabiu, followed by all those other aforementioned agents before we can move forward from this case.

Talking as an airline staff.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by Valuc: 6:59am On Nov 09, 2021
NwaNimo1:

https://dailytrust.com/faan-to-ban-bribe-takers-from-working-at-nigerian-airports
I said the other day that guy wrote about them and their extortion act... The govt will come and be acting like they will do something ... Mumu people
Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by Blessned1: 7:01am On Nov 09, 2021
Na normal thing grin grin grin

CHECK MY SIGNATURE FOR JUMIA BLACK FRIDAY GIVEAWAY
Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by Kemjisuper(m): 7:02am On Nov 09, 2021
It's about time they took this Airport bribery thing very serious... Our Airports are daily making the headlines as the reflection of corruption in the Nation. Our Airports are even more corrupt than the rest of the country itself if I'm not mistaken.

I support the use of social media videos to continue to expose these bribe takers so everyone, let's keep our phone recordings handy and maybe, just maybe this rubbish will stop! �

1 Like

Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by lexy2014: 7:07am On Nov 09, 2021
EagleNest:

Have you not used the Lagos airport before? I'm surprised you are digging on the obvious. Take a trip there, just stand and watch even if you are not travelling, and you won't miss it.

U haven't answered my questions:

Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by Dshocker(m): 7:08am On Nov 09, 2021
Would that be possible
Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by mmsen: 7:09am On Nov 09, 2021
It's NOW that they realize that is embarrassing having done nothing about it for decades?

I hope there is action behind these words but I won't hold my breath.
Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by EagleNest(m): 7:11am On Nov 09, 2021
lexy2014:

U haven't answered my questions:

U go wait tire
Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by toprealman: 7:14am On Nov 09, 2021
FAAN=Bribe taker=FAAN
Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by lexy2014: 7:15am On Nov 09, 2021
EagleNest:

U go wait tire

Are u admitting that u can't answer the questions?

Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by casppyjay: 7:15am On Nov 09, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Airport workers and bribe is like Aboki and gworo ... Inseparable . Even the so called airport managers and their teams are included in the cycle.

Bribery and corruption has so much eating deep into the fabrics of our society, and no areas is exempted.

It can only be curtailed to barest minimum and not totally exterminated, except the government is ready to shut down operation in the airports.
or make we use Holy Spirit man the airport dem
Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by Yankee101: 7:18am On Nov 09, 2021
When the head is rotten...
Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by EagleNest(m): 7:20am On Nov 09, 2021
lexy2014:

Because u have no question.
Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by Perfectnumber6(m): 7:21am On Nov 09, 2021
Yes ban them all mostly those Yoruba Muslims always stretching their hands asking Anything for the boys..
Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by xelly: 7:32am On Nov 09, 2021
The oga at the top is also involved. Corruption is rooted into their DNA.

It is easy to spot corrupt people by displaying contact details to report corrupt practices.

CCTV can be used to verify such claims.

1 Like

Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by bigpicture001: 7:33am On Nov 09, 2021
Wait ooo.. recently we all complain about this here and shared our stories.. now this, those it mean they heard our complain..?
Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by toclemmy(m): 7:44am On Nov 09, 2021
Lol.Hope it works. those people are just outrageous. Everyone of them looking for different means to fleece one.
Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by Havertz10: 7:51am On Nov 09, 2021
Automate choke points, use oversight for sectors that require human interactions, corruption will be no more but you wouldn't because you all benefit from the system.

1 Like

Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by googlepikins: 8:08am On Nov 09, 2021
Story,

Staff usually bribe ogas to be posted to the airport. Because they know that's where the money (bribery) is.

That American vlogger have made them to sit up
Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by gnykelly(m): 8:48am On Nov 09, 2021
Vision4God:
I pray it works o.

It can never work.

If not that the person involved is a white blogger there wouldn't have been an outcry.
Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by lexy2014: 8:48am On Nov 09, 2021
EagleNest:

Because u have no question.

Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by donogaga(m): 8:52am On Nov 09, 2021
NwaNimo1:

https://dailytrust.com/faan-to-ban-bribe-takers-from-working-at-nigerian-airports

Story for the God's.

They still collected bribe from me specifically on the 15th of September, 2021. It's quite a shameful thing. They beg without any iota of Shame. Very unprofessional.
Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by Femeto: 8:56am On Nov 09, 2021
Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by MeghaneMorgane(f): 8:57am On Nov 09, 2021
The funny thing is that it is some of the users that aid this bribe thing.
1.Airline says carryon luggage should not be more than 10kg, you bring 15kg to the airport and you want to carry it in by force even when you know the maximum is 10kg, then you bribe the officer checking in your luggage
2. Airline says check in at least 40 minutes before departure, you enter airport 10mins to departure and you expect not to pay bribe.
3. Airline says come in all your valid documents to travel, you come in with invalid documents and you expect not to pay bribe.

Airport users, you self do the right things.

I’m almost sure that it is those people who do the wrong things that pay bribe. Do the right thing and you won’t need to pay bribe.

My only problem with the MMA airport is the exploitation. To print just one page is 1000 naira. They weigh hand luggages. Who in this world weights hand luggages for an international flight if not because they want to exploit you
Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by Educram: 9:50am On Nov 09, 2021
All this talk na format but hopefully, it works out as they plan.

6 Reasons Government Should Approve Privatization of More Public Schools.
Source: https://www.educram.com/6-reasons-government-should-approve-privatization-of-more-public-schools/
Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by geechy: 10:02am On Nov 09, 2021
Use geechy

@op...

All this noise people in government of today make.

Simple, just have connect with top people in govt,,, wat local man will call 'long leg' .... Whether you like take bribe till 10 years, government people and their useless talk no go touch you
Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by Coolgent(m): 10:07am On Nov 09, 2021
Sammy07:
cheesy
Lol, how will dey recognize a bribe taker?
Do they write it on forehead cheesy

With CCTV in every corner of our airport it can be possible
Re: FAAN To Ban Bribe Takers From Working At Nigerian Airports by gidado14(m): 10:17am On Nov 09, 2021
NwaNimo1:

someone that wants to ban someone from the system he/she grows[b][/b][i][/i]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UK Removes Nigeria, 10 Countries From Red List / Nigerians To Pay VAT On International Passports – FIRS / The travel scam called "World Passport". Have you been a victim?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.