Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,455 members, 7,770,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:05 AM

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience (613034 Views)

Your Experience With Spectranet Internet Services / Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / Any One Into Security Installations Systems, Lets Have A Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by obijack: 8:26am On Jun 10, 2011
For commercial use it is a bit of heavy investment, but for home use, inverters are far better than generators as they are eco friendly and requirement little or no maintenance throughout their life span.

It is one piece of equipment you will have and be rest assured it will work. Also, remember the recouping of money spent on fueling the generator, you cannot match that any day.

Those thinking of using it with air conditioners should pls. think twice unless u have the stomach for it. If u use a prepaid PHCN meter at home, u will notice how fast the unit decreases when the AC is on. The same thing will happen when u are on battery.

The truth is that it takes more time to charge but the user friendly nature is more advantageous. Imagine not running around when PHCN strikes and ur neighbour's generator is given him one heck of a tough time to start.

If u can afford for lighting only, just use it. But for Running computers and freezers, Its a very heavy investment that might take a long time to recoup.

peace.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by sugafoot(m): 9:19am On Jun 10, 2011
sugafoot:

The knowledge we are getting from this thread is priceless kudos to all contributors.
Pls i wud like to know the requirements to power a one horse power window unit a/c and a single energy bulb plus a lap top for 6-8 hours at least. I don't need to power everything at home at same time just necessities will do for now. Thank you.
PLS AM STILL WAITING FOR A POSITIVE RESPONSE TO MY QUESTION
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 10:10am On Jun 10, 2011
@sugafoot as an expert i will advice u to remove ac from that list and post the rest.
N.B I WILL ADVICE U TO REMOVE ANY DEVICE THAT IS MORE THAN 250WATTS IF U REALLY WANT TO ENJOY IT.
FOR THE BATTERY TO LAST DO NOT OVERLOAD

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 10, 2011

Pls i wud like to know the requirements to power a one horse power window unit a/c and a single energy bulb plus a lap top for 6-8 hours at least. I don't need to power everything at home at same time just necessities will do for now. Thank you.
Although a 5kva Inverter with 4 DC Batteries will serve your request, but I'd be sincere here; look your interest away from powering your AC with inverter. Though it will work, but drains your battery out faster than we can even estimate here. Inverter is about power management, so go for a 3kva with 2 DC 200amps battery, use fans with it. You will be glad you did. I'd do this for you and install for you at total of N120,00 (before my promo offer ends 15th June). Call for more discussion or to meet me (0806.060.6166).
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 10, 2011
seal777:

i got more than i bargain for when posting the topic, fuel is killing my pocket hence the need for the post.

i am making my move, enof of frequent visits to the filling station.

I ran a cyber cafe of 10 systems in an area where PHCN is non existent.

i spend N700 daily on fuel, i need to find a solution very fast,
You should get two separate 3kva Inverters. One will take 5 systems each, with other bulbs and etc shared through a connection web. I'd still do that for you between now and 15th June at N130,000 each for the two (connections service inclusive). After next week Wednesday, normal price will apply in the following quote:

-3kva Inverter (N50,000)
-200amps DC Battery x2 at N47,000 each (N94,000)
-Installations and other separate connection services (N15,000)
-Total =N159,000 for one or N318,000 for the two.

Give me a call for meeting or other discussions (0806.060.6166)

Good luck!
Olawoye 'Segun.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by SUV(f): 12:05pm On Jun 10, 2011
suv welldone even as a female you know what it entail but i guess you ar a technical person

Well, I read physics in university, but that’s besides the point. When it stopped the first time, I went back to the dealer and paid N1,500 and I saw it was just the fuse they changed, so I decided to do it myself the next time.
The only reason why it will stop is when u mistakenly leave the freezer, A/c or any higher appliance on before switching the inverter on, the inverter will trip off and the fuse will go bad to protect the equipment. Generally, I think inverter is easy to maintain.
Whenever u hv problem wit ur inverter, post it on nairaland, just be sure of what exactly happened, am sure u will get a helpful answer.

@SUV: Any dealer address/contact for the Genus Inverter. Am in Lagso state. Many thanks!

Gaoxinqui is the company name, it is located at end of Opebi road towards Maryland side, I will check the receipt for the full contact details and get back to u.
I met them during an event where they had exhibition. They also sell PAXB phones, UPS and other accessories.

2 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by nateevs(m): 12:46pm On Jun 10, 2011
Unless there is something I am missing in elementary voltage calculations, is it not possible to connect an infinite number of batteries to the inverter to generate more power in the energy bank? I am assuming that this works as sort of a repository of the energy.

So more power in repository = more available power to use up. Which means I can if want to - use an AC, electric iron, PC, Fridge - add an infinite number of batteries (assuming I can) and use up as much power as available in the repository.

If this is true, then I think it is slightly wrong to advice not to use a high-power consuming device with an inverter without suggesting first that the client adds more batteries.

Has this advice been given on the premise of cost saving?

Only of course if my assertion is skewed and I need a total overhaul of my understanding of it all.

2 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 10, 2011
nateevs:

Unless there is something I am missing in elementary voltage calculations, is it not possible to connect an infinite number of batteries to the inverter to generate more power in the energy bank? I am assuming that this works as sort of a repository of the energy.

So more power in repository = more available power to use up. Which means I can if want to - use an AC, electric iron, PC, Fridge - add an infinite number of batteries (assuming I can) and use up as much power as available in the repository.

If this is true, then I think it is slightly wrong to advice not to use a high-power consuming device with an inverter without suggesting first that the client adds more batteries.

Only of course if my assertion is skewed and I need a total overhaul of my understanding of it all. 
Almost signing out when I saw this. Yes it is correct, but users want to use only 4 batteries with their AC's and that's why we advice not to load their AC's on the inverter; it's premised on cost implication.
However, for as many as is ready to add more batteries, WHY NOT?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by SUV(f): 2:17pm On Jun 10, 2011

Nobody in this forum has advised people not to use high-power consuming appliances.

what we are saying is that u have to do some calculations before you add load to your inverter. the capacity of inverter and battery must complement the load for maximum output, durability and efficiency. Also the cost differs depending on the need.
what u said is very correct.
we are just advising pple, that since one cannot use an i better pass generator to power A/C same applies to inverter.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by nateevs(m): 2:42pm On Jun 10, 2011
SUV:

Nobody in this forum has advised people not to use high-power consuming appliances.

Olawoye:

but I'd be sincere here; look your interest away from powering your AC with inverter. Though it will work, but drains your battery out faster than we can even estimate here. .

JUO:

@sugafoot as an expert i will advice u to remove ac from that list and post the rest.
N.B I WILL ADVICE U TO REMOVE ANY DEVICE THAT IS MORE THAN 250WATTS IF U REALLY WANT TO ENJOY IT.
FOR THE BATTERY TO LAST DO NOT OVERLOAD

I quite understand now that from Ola's last response to my post that cost was a major factor in his advice. However, before then it was made to look, as evidenced from the posts above, that it is impossible to extend maximum energy, hence the talk of "overload" . There can only be overload when the source rate is fixed and requirement levels are variable.

If source rate and output can be extended then, there's little reason for overload unless cost becomes a factor. (Which has been explained).

I also believe that answers to the questions of duration of energy output should factor in the number of connected batteries possible in one array. e.g "After your load calculations, your energy will last you as many batteries you can afford" rather than "After your calculations, your energy will last x number of hours". - The former makes you believe the sky is the limit provided you have money, the latter paints a picture of fixed boundaries within which you have to work.

The reason I say so is that, like many posters previously, Ola has advice someone to use 2 inverters instead of requesting additional batteries. It looks like an inflexible solution to me. (Every inverter can only work with four batteries).

Now don't get me wrong, I know jack-all about inverters. I haven't got a clue and I am not trying to stir up an argument. I am just saying the propositions have been a tad confusing.

The only other explanation is that "Inverters can only work with a fixed number of batteries"

If that's the case, then please disregard everything I typed.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Zector(m): 11:34pm On Jun 10, 2011
My people,

If u really want inverter go for best that can withstand test of time. China inverter are much in market now and cause a lot of
loss due to inability to surge and withstand long time overloading.
Secondly , most of this china or made in Indian inverter do not ve service centered here in Nigeria all what their installer in case
of damage is try by error.

I market and install inverter manufacture in USA with two year warranty and we happen to be the only 1 company that have right
to repair and service the product in WEST AFRICA. when u are going for inverter ,kindly check 1. charging rate 2. surge capability
3. service, in case fault occur.
For better info call
08036094485 or 08098272744 (YOMI)
pawazecnl@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 5:10am On Jun 11, 2011

The reason I say so is that, like many posters previously, Ola has advice someone to use 2 inverters instead of requesting additional batteries. It looks like an inflexible solution to me. (Every inverter can only work with four batteries).

And adding up batteries to one inverter of a fixed capacity isn't going to increase the capacity to bear more load, it only will increase the duration to bear load within its capacity. Okay, maybe you're advising the man who wants to power ten systems in his cyber cafe to use 5kva with 10 batteries against buying two separate 3kva (equals 6kva) with four batteries (two each). Which is more economical? Of course he could add more batteries to each later to enable them be stronger in serving him longer, but using 100 pieces of battery to a 3kva (for instance) to power AC isn't a flexible or economic solution either.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 9:36am On Jun 11, 2011
And adding up batteries to one inverter of a fixed capacity isn't going to increase the capacity to bear more load, it only will increase the duration to bear load within its capacity. Okay,
case closed
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 11:15am On Jun 11, 2011
CHINA OR NO CHINA THIS IS WHAT I USE FOR THE PAST 2YEARS
RADIANT 2000
http://www.mercury-pc.com/product-spec.php?productid=776

MY FRIEND WAS USING SUKAM 800VA AT THE END, AFTER STEADY LIGHT FOR 5DAYS THE INVERTER HAD THE BATTERY OVERCHARGED

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kshow1(m): 7:57pm On Jun 11, 2011
Olawoye:

Many do not realize this. To them, if it is not foreign and expensive; it is not real. Our clients that we build inverters for have been using it for more than five years without complaints except to add more batteries in order to make it serve longer since they can no longer imagine living without power inverter.
We also make it very affordable and install ourselves to avoid problems by your electricians. We give one year warranty (though for five years now we've not had clients bothering us except asking our products for friends).
Our office/workshop is at Alagbole~Ajuwon (0806.060.6166).
'Segun Olawoye.

The guy who built mine locally can be reached on 08027567940 (dele)
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by XKZ(m): 10:54pm On Jun 11, 2011
Priceless.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by shithapuns: 8:38am On Jun 12, 2011
@ the cybercafe guy, i think its beta u buy 2nd hand laptops instead and secure it to the table with the laptop security lock, laptops consume only 65watts, compared to desktops cpu and monitor that consume upto 300 watts!

who can give me a formula for calculating how long a 100ah battery will carry a 300watt load?

or how to convert dc amp hr into ac wattage or current?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by seal777(m): 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2011
@shithapuns,
My flat screens are 49 watts and CPU are 2.7 amps don't really know how to convert that to watts, my bulbs are original ATK power saving bulbs.

All my utilities are power saving utilities cos of the pressure of light, i run a 4yrs old Jinling 2.0 KVA generator for an average of 10 hrs daily on 12 litres of fuel, earning N300 per day giving my chemist shop neighbor ( 2 POWER SAVING Bulbs, 1 FAN, SMALL TV) power 6pm to 11pm everyday.

I am not really pressed with the light issue, though if there is light i will save more on daily basis. JUST THAT I HATE THE NOISE THING OF THE GENERATOR.

I don't really think i can invest that much on inverter especially for commercial purpose but will be willing to have one for personal use mostly nights, fan, lcd tv and bulb.

I am confused on which onw to get to suit my private need, so much choice and experiences from consumers, will surely make up my mind based on the experiences i have read here next week.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 4:11pm On Jun 12, 2011
@shithapuns 300watts on 100ah battery should be around 4-5hrs depending on the battery make
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by shithapuns: 7:37pm On Jun 12, 2011
@juo, i get around 5 to 7hrs on my battery when it was brand new.
am actually looking for the equation to calculate the battery life in hrs,

where are our physics majors?

@seal777 i bet the cpu consumes a lot of power btw 250 n 250watss, too bad, 2nd hand laptops wud hv been a neta choice. i use the goaxing inverters, costs abt 14k direct and 20k in shops, 800watts capacity and 1200 peak, its a basic system, simple design with inbuilt battery charger and overload protector.hv been using it since 2007
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 8:07pm On Jun 12, 2011
welcome back to the house i have read a lot of post for the past 30min now im going to start with what i promised attached is the load chart if you want to know some calculation and the rating of the inverter you need

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 8:35pm On Jun 12, 2011
i must tell you for those having problem with load calculation i attached a load chat sheet if you are having problem downloading it email me on josfemi@yahoo.com and i will forward to you,

i read a post on someone saying he doesnt know how to calculate watt, if you appliance is given in amps use this calculation to determine the watt

power= current *voltage
P=IV

another point i want to stress here is that whatever inverter you are buying tell the supplier to measure the off load current for you, if you have it multiply it by your battery voltage this will give you the watt the inverter is running without load. this is important

ANOTHER HINT
larger resistive load require more wattage
industive load require more current to operate than resistive load of same wattage

the current is what you are using out of the inverter and it need to be refile

another hint
to know if you charger will not over charge when you buy the inverter the person supplying you should try to connect it and set the charger on then tell him to measure the flowing current into the battery you mut get 3 to 4 amp this show this is trickle charging and will definately go to zero current when it get to 15v which is the standard to charge a battery that is used as inverter in cycle use

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by JUO(m): 8:03am On Jun 13, 2011
@femiolorun do u think u are in us, where u can return item after one month of purchase?
we are in Nigeria if u don't know.
do u want to tell me after buying inverter of agreed spec for end user, he will tell me to return it? the shop i bought it from will not even take it back. are u expecting me to use my money and buy another one for him?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 9:00am On Jun 13, 2011
@JUO
im here to give a technical advise for those that bother to know, if you follow mypost i have not condem any impoted or locally made inverter, for those that wanted to know and have a good engineer around before purchasing, the tip to follow is what am given. that is all
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by shithapuns: 11:51am On Jun 13, 2011
@femiolorun,
thanks for your input.

this is whqt i need from you, or anyone that knows,

i have a tv set rated 2.5amps, it uses 240v, then i have a 100ah battery,

cud u use equations to show me how long the battery should last.

note. AC & DC is involved, they are not directly interchangeable as most peeps assume
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 12:32pm On Jun 13, 2011
@shithapum
the battery operation time depend on the battery capacity(AH) and the loading power(WATT)
calculation of the operation is

battery capacity*input voltage/charge potential
from your specification

battery capacity is 100amp as you said
input voltage for your inverter is 12volt

your loading power will now be from you spec
2.5amp * 240 volt = 600watt
operation time is
(100*12)/600=2hrs

now if your tv is crt(cathode ray tube) and the specification is what you gave as this is how the operation goes at initial starting its draws up to 7.5amp at start up and it draw 2.5amp for running but with LCD 32inch rated at 1amp it take 1 amp to runs even at start up.

the above calculation is the theory aspect of it, but what happen sometime that you get higher time during and lower time durins is based on this fact
1 instead of having 240volt at your socket outlet, due to low voltage you have 200 or les then you will running you stuff at low wattt not up to 600watt then you might proberbly have longer duration from the above calculation
2 if you are not getting up to that two things are involve
a you battery is not getting enough charge if neww or you need to replave the battery
b your off load current on the inverter is high there by instead of running on 600wat you discoverd you might be running more than that, even up to 750watt, to determine the off load current you need to measure your inverter when its on and no load to see what the current is been draw, if it draw 3amp for example it means 12*3 =36 watt + 600watt =636 watt. hope you are clear about this

for the dc and ac question i dont really get what you mean.
if you need further clearification feel free to contact on 08033681445 or
josfemi@yahoo.com for load distribution chart
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 15, 2011
femiolorun:

battery capacity*input voltage/charge potential
from your specification

battery capacity is 100amp as you said
input voltage for your inverter is 12volt

your loading power will now be from you spec
2.5amp * 240 volt = 600watt
operation time is
(100*12)/600=2hrs

now if your tv is crt(cathode ray tube) and the specification is what you gave as this is how the operation goes at initial starting its draws up to 7.5amp at start up and it draw 2.5amp for running but with LCD 32inch rated at 1amp it take 1 amp to runs even at start up.

the above calculation is the theory aspect of it,

I appreciate that sir. You must have been an excellent student at your electronics class back in the school days. Again, thanks.

I'd however advise intending users not to bug themselves about theories that exist so complicatedly and not really applying in real time.
Our clients have been using 100amps batteries with basic appliances at home up to 6hrs, which makes some theories immaterial in real life applications.

Our promo offer ends today.

Good luck!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by zenatta: 6:58pm On Jun 15, 2011
I have not read thread to end so may duplicate info, also am not technical but I am mighty angry at nepa or whattheyarecalled. Can't stand gen sets so here goes, its true what I read here and then some!
My inverter was made by Nigerians, have been using since '09, have not replaced battery, use solar to charge, can never over-load cos of way its connected. Of course can power a high-maintenance HOUSE wit inverter. Very longlasting, child and environment friendly. My ambition is to totally do away wit nepa and am getting there

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 6:28pm On Jun 16, 2011
@ olawoye

the calculation i gave you that is it, you take a crt tv and do the experiment your self with 21'' , aside from that the person using it for six hours to be frank check the load and try to see energy in amp consumption.

to follow the real practical hour caculation, the meter i attached use it to measure the current you are drawing from the battery at a particular time when you load, whatever current you are drawing add it to your off load current then divided it by your battery current, this will give you the exact hour your battery will run, but its applicable with only deep cycle battery.

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by olason(m): 1:49pm On Jun 17, 2011
Pls anyone in da house kindly give me an answer to my question. I have a 200AH fabton deep cycle battery with With a 800-1000 ups Gaouxing inverter. I want to know the no of hours the battery will last to power the following. 1. Tv set-100watt 2. wall fan 60watt 3.Four energy saving bulbs of 20watt each. 5.1 decoder 25watt 6. muxic box 80watt. thanks
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jun 21, 2011
Intending users of inverter should understand that foreign inverters are built with minds on the regular power supplies over there. That's why local users of foreign inverters sometimes have issues with it only few months after purchase. We build inverters locally with our minds on the rugged type, epileptic and fluctuating nature of supply here in Nigeria.
We give good customer supports to our clients, we care about your need for power supply.
Olawoye 'Segun,
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by cretin: 1:35pm On Jun 22, 2011
olason:

Pls anyone in da house kindly give me an answer to my question. I have a 200AH fabton deep cycle battery with With a 800-1000 ups Gaouxing inverter. I want to know the no of hours the battery will last to power the following. 1. Tv set-100watt 2. wall fan 60watt 3.Four energy saving bulbs of 20watt each. 5.1 decoder 25watt 6. muxic box 80watt. thanks

ur total load is approx 350watts.
see the calculation below

200 X 12V DIVIDED BY 350WATTS THIS WILL GIVE U ABT 8HRS, u can punch out the numbers.

so depending on the life/quality of ur battery and the efficiency of ur inverter, u wud hv btw 7 to 12hrs on inverter use

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (165) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here! / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.