Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,111 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:51 AM

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience - Computers (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience (613032 Views)

Your Experience With Spectranet Internet Services / Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / Any One Into Security Installations Systems, Lets Have A Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Trippledots(m): 4:55pm On Mar 01, 2015
Deluxe8000:
i have 20ah battery charger to charge my 200ah battery but it seems it discharges when main phcn source is off cos its meter reads even when phcn source is off. pls wat can i do to stop it from discharging?

i stumbled cross your post, and decided to help. that is if you haven't solved it already.

now, if u r handy with soldering iron and have a little knowledge of electronics u can wire a small chip to help block backward flow of current (using a mosfet). another is to connect some number of diodes to do the same job. both have their ads and disads. i can send you a link for the ckt for that.

secondly, if you want me to build one for you, den pm me so we can discuss how to do it and send it over to you.

yw
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by ask4bk(m): 9:01am On Mar 04, 2015
I'm zero when it comes to knowing the technicalities and language imvolved in inverters, batteries, solar etc.

I've inverter, 4 batteries, and solar panels (6) installed here in Kano.
I thought the job of the solar is to charge the batteries same way as Nepa would. But for me, it never works. Only charges with gen or nepa.

I thought as long as I've good sunlight then I'm sure of light during the day. But nothing

What could be d problem with the solar-inverter system?

For ur info, I'm in kano. The sun here is similar to the fire in hell.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Trippledots(m): 11:04am On Mar 04, 2015
ask4bk:
I'm zero when it comes to knowing the technicalities and language imvolved in inverters, batteries, solar etc.

I've inverter, 4 batteries, and solar panels (6) installed here in Kano.
I thought the job of the solar is to charge the batteries same way as Nepa would. But for me, it never works. Only charges with gen or nepa.

I thought as long as I've good sunlight then I'm sure of light during the day. But nothing

What could be d problem with the solar-inverter system?

For ur info, I'm in kano. The sun here is similar to the fire in hell.

I CAN BE OF HELP, ALTHOUGH I STAY IN LAGOS. CHECK MY PROFILE AND SEE MY THREAD THERE ON SOLAR INSTALLATION. IF YOU STILL NEED MY ASSISTANCE. DROP UR WHATSAPP NUMBER LETS DISCUSS
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Emeca: 1:40am On Mar 05, 2015
jonescyras:
I'm about purchasing this laptop power bank called "CT ALL IN ONE 96000mah laptop POWER BANK"....has anyone used this before, pls would you recommend it,I have only planned to use it with a laptop alone. Not with other electronics attached!.....thanks

Link

www.joshnka.com/index.php?id_product=8&controller=product

Though the one in the link is a refurbished one or used!....I am purchasing a new one at
14k.

did u finally buy it. Hw was it?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Quadrillionaire(m): 1:02pm On Mar 07, 2015
if you are looking for a good deal on your inverter installation, i found this company to be very useful...
check it out: http://wbbdirectory..com/p/alternative-energy.html
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Deluxe8000(m): 7:01pm On Mar 08, 2015
Trippledots:

i stumbled cross your post, and decided to help. that is if you haven't solved it already.

now, if u r handy with soldering iron and have a little knowledge of electronics u can wire a small chip to help block backward flow of current (using a mosfet). another is to connect some number of diodes to do the same job. both have their ads and disads. i can send you a link for the ckt for that.

secondly, if you want me to build one for you, den pm me so we can discuss how to do it and send it over to you.

yw
pls how much will it cost if it is not too much.thanks.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Trippledots(m): 11:20pm On Mar 08, 2015
Deluxe8000:

pls how much will it cost if it is not too much.thanks.

where do u reside?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by globalfanz(m): 4:53am On Mar 09, 2015
I need two 100AH batteries. Which of the makes will give me optimum service and value for money.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by bbee(m): 7:32am On Mar 09, 2015
I got my free laptop after reading this report. You can get yours too. It's so easy to get one.
visit http://laptopfreebies..com for the Free Laptop Report
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Deluxe8000(m): 5:51am On Mar 11, 2015
Trippledots:

where do u reside?
shomolu- onipan area in lagos.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Trippledots(m): 1:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
Deluxe8000:

shomolu- onipan area in lagos.

ok. pm me ur whatsapp number lets discuss.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Druss(m): 12:32pm On Mar 15, 2015
What are battery boosters used for? I am worried because my installer wants to use it to boost my batteries after four months of use/purchase.

Why should anyone need to boost new batteries!!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by CashdownNG: 5:41pm On Mar 15, 2015
Trippledots:

ok. pm me ur whatsapp number lets discuss.

hi.. here's my number 08184128294 I'm in need of getting one ASAP. thanks
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by funshiba(m): 9:13pm On Mar 17, 2015
I had to look for a post with respect to Mercury inverter or search for the management of Mercury then stumbled on this.

I bought my inverter April last year both Batteries and Inverter I spent about 135,000. one of the batteries given to me was faulty but they replaced it instantly at no cost. I have enjoyed the inverter for months till around December.

Around December i noticed the Inverter Battery wont last 8 berely 5 hours but my mistake that I didn't complain. My wife had a baby and I had to travel to meet my family, unfortunately Since we got back my batteries don't last 1hr.

I called the man that fixed it for me, till date he keeps making promises of coming and never comes, Now he wont even pick my calls.

I honestly will escalate to the management if I have my way. The weather is unbearable for my infant baby.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE ONLY THING I USE ON MY INVERTER IS MY TV, 2 FANS AND Energy.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Tmany(m): 7:51am On Mar 18, 2015
angry From the experience of most people here Seems most of this inverter life cycle is just a year, then you start changing parts.
I think I will stick to my generator till I can get someone that can give me 2 years warranty on the Batteries (seems they first get faulty before other parts).
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by heskeyw(m): 9:13am On Mar 18, 2015
Am getting an acer laptop as a gift next wk so I wanna know if the mediocre acer aspire e1-510 would run pes 2013 and oda games wtout any hitches??
I checked the specs and some websites said its intel celeron dual core while others said that its pentium 4 quad-core.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Trippledots(m): 10:26pm On Mar 18, 2015
jonescyras:

I woundnt have any problem with charging the battery!....could you pls tell me the power inverter+battery needed to power a laptop+ 1 fan + 1 energy bulb!.....and lastly, how long will the inverter last before I charge it again?......thanks so much!!!!!

ur total load wouldnt exceed 350watts. so any small modified sine wave inverter of say 500watt will do. working with 350watts,a 200ahr batterry should take u 5 to 6hrs. using one load at a time will increase d lenght of time ur battery takes u.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Trippledots(m): 10:30pm On Mar 18, 2015
jonescyras:

I woundnt have any problem with charging the battery!....could you pls tell me the power inverter+battery needed to power a laptop+ 1 fan + 1 energy bulb!.....and lastly, how long will the inverter last before I charge it again?......thanks so much!!!!!

any 500watt modified sinewave inverter will do. assuming a rated load of 350watts, a good 200ahr battery will last u 5 to 6hrs running all three items u mentioned.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by zeestone99(m): 3:48pm On Mar 19, 2015
For ur inverter installations... Get genuine inverters and professional installation from us... Visit www.monzpowersolutions.com for more details
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 10:23pm On Mar 21, 2015
HURRY HURRY HURRY !!!!!!

BLUEGATE 3.5kva 24v pure sinewave power inverter (Last stock)....... @150k

1. USA TROJAN T105-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (225AH)20hr Rate ..... @ 34k

2. USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... 65k

POWERSTAR LIGHT 2kw 12v, 3kw 24v, 4kw 48v, 5kw 48v, 6kw 24v, 6kw 48v pure sinewave LCD power inverter " Inbuilt 35/70a Peak Charging Current" .... (In Stock)

Latest Model EP SOLAR " i TRACER " charge controllers now in stock
60a 12v/24v/36v/48v MPPT CC with 150v max "Load control feature,inbuilt LCD display, internet kit, ethernet cords and cd rom ..... 90k

EP Solar 30a PWM CC ..... 30k

PERLIGHT SOLAR MONO & POLYCRYSTALLINE PANELS (12v 80w to 24v 290w) ...........now available

All our products come with 1 year Warranty.

CALL SIR FRANKIE NOW FOR SUPPLIES / WAYBILLS +2348135031951 .... THANKS
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by seemorejoy: 4:40pm On Mar 22, 2015
Nairalanders pls help me, I have 2000VA 24V Inverter with 200AH X 2 battery which is 400AH together, I'm not enjoing this inverter and it can't even last 2 hours on 24 inches TV, 1 ceiling fan and 1 bulb. Pls help me what can i do.. Does it means the inverter or battery is not working anymore I bought them July 2014.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Trippledots(m): 5:44pm On Mar 22, 2015
seemorejoy:
Nairalanders pls help me, I have 2000VA 24V Inverter with 200AH X 2 battery which is 400AH together, I'm not enjoing this inverter and it can't even last 2 hours on 24 inches TV, 1 ceiling fan and 1 bulb. Pls help me what can i do.. Does it means the inverter or battery is not working anymore I bought them July 2014.

very sorry about your experience. there many things that affect the lfe of an inverter system. before i state them let me remind you you that an inverter system under heavy usage will last around 1yr.

what determines lemgth of usage include, but not limited to:

1. quality of battery used
2. amount of discharge cycle the battery has undergone and discharge rate
3. quality of inverter ie how efficient it is
4. to a lesser degree also is the charge rate.

most common cause however is quality of battery used, and discharge rate.

hope that helped

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by omotoda(m): 6:36pm On Mar 22, 2015
seemorejoy:

If you started experiencing the short back up time recently then I think your batteries are dead.Considering the fact that you started using then in July 2014, I think you should just change them.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by baba11(m): 6:55pm On Mar 22, 2015
omotoda:

If you started experiencing the short back up time recently then I think your batteries are dead.Considering the fact that you started using then in July 2014, I think you should just change them.
Can someone check the charging current of it?

Besides,maybe he overloaded it and use inductive load on it Atimes ....
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by seemorejoy: 8:44pm On Mar 22, 2015
@ Trippledots thanks so much for you input.. When i bought the 2000 VA inverter in July 2014 it comes with 100AH Battery X 2 which is 200AH battery and it last me for 6 hours then. I really enjoyed it and i told the seller that i want to increase it to 12 hours and then the seller took the 200AH battery and gave me 400AH battery, it don't have last 5 hours upon the 400AH and i later call the seller and explain to him. He told me maybe the current i'm using to charge the battery is not upto 220 Volt an advice me to get stabilizer and i got this big supermaster stabilizer. Still yet i can't enjoy. Even the inverter is starting to make noise.

@ omotoda so you mean i should get another 400AH battery.

@ baba11 Maybe you are right about the overloading because sometimes my wife will forget to off bumping machine and she will on the Inverter but immediately we notice we will off it. Can that affect the battery also
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by baba11(m): 9:18pm On Mar 22, 2015
seemorejoy:
@ Trippledots thanks so much for you input.. When i bought the 2000 VA inverter in July 2014 it comes with 100AH Battery X 2 which is 200AH battery and it last me for 6 hours then. I really enjoyed it and i told the seller that i want to increase it to 12 hours and then the seller took the 200AH battery and gave me 400AH battery, it don't have last 5 hours upon the 400AH and i later call the seller and explain to him. He told me maybe the current i'm using to charge the battery is not upto 220 Volt an advice me to get stabilizer and i got this big supermaster stabilizer. Still yet i can't enjoy. Even the inverter is starting to make noise.

@ omotoda so you mean i should get another 400AH battery.

@ baba11 Maybe you are right about the overloading because sometimes my wife will forget to off bumping machine and she will on the Inverter but immediately we notice we will off it. Can that affect the battery also

It needs a thorough check up...probably,your inverter maybe affected!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by seemorejoy: 10:32pm On Mar 22, 2015
@ baba11 can i get something to charge 400AH battery to full
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by baba11(m): 6:08am On Mar 23, 2015
seemorejoy:
@ baba11 can i get something to charge 400AH battery to full
Well,battery charger may come to your aid....
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by seemorejoy: 12:10pm On Mar 23, 2015
@ baba11 which of the battery charger can i get?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by baba11(m): 4:15pm On Mar 23, 2015
seemorejoy:
@ baba11 which of the battery charger can i get?
External battery charger....

Give me the parameters of your installation.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by seemorejoy: 8:53pm On Mar 23, 2015
@ baba11 The Installation is 200AH X 2 which is 400AH And the inverter is 24V
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by baba11(m): 10:33pm On Mar 23, 2015
seemorejoy:
@ baba11 The Installation is 200AH X 2 which is 400AH And the inverter is 24V

Inbox me....

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (165) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here! / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.