Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,271 members, 7,836,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment (8077 Views)

Highest And Strongest Currencies In Africa 2023 / Top Ten Strongest Tribes In Africa / Top Ten Strongest Tribes In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by saintgp(m): 3:22pm On Nov 10, 2021
JAMO84:
We are basically saying the same thing.

If Nigeria can be industrialized, our population will work for us. It is the people that will drive industrial revolution.

We r basically not saying dsam thing.anyway personality differs,so does our level/way of understanding.
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by saintgp(m): 3:24pm On Nov 10, 2021
[quote author=meccuno post=107493759][/quote]
Lol, thanks sir, even though I don't take alcoholic drinks, but I appreciate.
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by rigarmortis: 3:43pm On Nov 10, 2021
MiaBeer:

Rubbish. Keep deceiving yourself and misleading Nairalanders as a graduate as if we don’t know you. A shoe shiner and bricklayer with dubious claims. Which university did you graduate from and when.

Everyone is bragging and impersonating on Nairaland. Loser!

so you have gone so low as to resort to stalking?

your life must be so miserable. send your account let me help you with something
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by JAMO84: 4:06pm On Nov 10, 2021
saintgp:

We r basically not saying dsam thing.anyway personality differs,so does our level/way of understanding.
Ok
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by MiaBeer(m): 4:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
rigarmortis:

so you have gone so low as to resort to stalking?

your life must be so miserable. send your account let me help you with something
Though you are a fake engineer! Do you know that I have three qualified engineers on my payroll?. Show us a proof of what you make here on Nairaland and I will give you that salary as a gift here. Until then, just be quiet because you are beneath me.
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by ruggedtimi(m): 4:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
YoungRay007:
Top ten strongest currencies in Africa at the moment

Tunisian dinar: This is currently the strongest and most valuable currency in Africa. As at the time of publication, checks by BI Africa shows that TND1000 converts to $353.05.

Libyan dinar: Libya currently has the second strongest and most valuable currency on the continent, second only to Tunisia. When converted to the dollar, LYD1000 will give you $219.20.

Ghanaian cedi: This West African country has the third strongest and most valuable currency in Africa. GHS1000 will give you $164.74.

Moroccan dirham: Morocco has the fourth strongest currency in Africa, for now. Checks by BI Africa showed that when converted to the dollar, DH1000 becomes $110.46.

Botswanan pula: Botswana in Southern Africa has the fifth strongest currency on the continent. BWP1000 converts to $88.22. However, this may have changed slightly by the time you convert yours due to exchange rate volatility.

Seychellois rupee: This tiny island country which is located in the Somali Sea, has one of the strongest currencies in Africa. SCR1000 converted to $78.35 as at the time of filing this report.

Namibian dollar: When we converted NAD1000 to the dollar, we got $67.16.

Eritrean nakfa: In Eritrea which is located in the Horn of Africa, they use a currency called the Eritrean nakfa. The currency has the eighth strongest exchange rate against the dollar. As at the time of comparison, ERN1000 converted to $66.66.

South African rand: South Africa is one of the continent's strongest economies. It also has one of the strongest currencies. When we converted ZAR1000 to the dollar, we got $66.63.

Swazi lilangeni: Although it is among the poorest countries on the continent, Eswatini (Swaziland) has one of the strongest currency. When converted to the dollar, SZL1000 gave us $66.62.

Our very own Naija, 1000 Naira is equal to..........
guy N1000 equivalent 10ghana cedi. 1000 Ghana cedi is equivalent to 100k.
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by mdntiri(m): 4:24pm On Nov 10, 2021
[quote author=YoungRay007 post=107494818][/quote]

Forget about the website. I've seen several websites make such infantile/simplistic rankings. Take this example. Ghana redenominated her currency and removed 4 zeros, so 10,000 cedi became 1 cedi. The value of the currency is the same. Supposing we removed only 3 zeros, and nothing stopped us from doing that, and 10,000 became 10 cedi.

Currently the cedi exchanges at 1 dollar to about 6 cedi. Now let's say Ghana removed 3 zeros and the cedi became 1dollar to 60 cedi, do you know the cedi won't rank at number 3? It's go further down the ranking. Because 60 is "bigger" than 6 cedi?

But is 6 cedi not the same as 60 cedi? Same as 600 cedi? Same as 60,000 cedi or 6000 cedi? Because the value is the same?

That's what the rankings are doing. They see Ghana's 6 cedi, they say it's "better" than Botswana's 11 pula etc etc. What's the true value of the currency?
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by ruggedtimi(m): 4:25pm On Nov 10, 2021
Bankyshinani:

What is the exchange rate of 1gh cedis to 1naira?
Redenomination is not only the answer, my brother...Are you aware that some investors prefer to invest in Ghana to Nigeria as it is now?
those investors might be considering other factors like security and power supply.
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by meccuno: 4:55pm On Nov 10, 2021
saintgp:

Lol, thanks sir, even though I don't take alcoholic drinks, but I appreciate.
Correct guy grin
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by rigarmortis: 5:34pm On Nov 10, 2021
MiaBeer:

Though you are a fake engineer! Do you know that I have three qualified engineers on my payroll?. Show us a proof of what you make here on Nairaland and I will give you that salary as a gift here. Until then, just be quiet because you are beneath me.

You are an ihdiot. The only thing beneath you is your hairy baby balls.

Daughterfucking inbred person like you wants me to show him a proof, since you have resorted to stalking, you can go through my post, or better still if you stay in Abuja i will be in Godfather in Gwarimpa by 7pm today.

You can come there with your three engineers. Make sure they come with the fourteen screws lose in your head so that we can put it back. Maybe it will help you think better.

anu mpama
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by MiaBeer(m): 5:42pm On Nov 10, 2021
rigarmortis:

You are an ihdiot. The only thing beneath you is your hairy baby balls.

Daughterfucking inbred person like you wants me to show him a proof, since you have resorted to stalking, you can go through my post, or better still if you stay in Abuja i will be in Godfather in Gwarimpa by 7pm today.

You can come there with your three engineers. Make sure they come with the fourteen screws lose in your head so that we can put it back. Maybe it will help you think better.

anu mpama
E pain you ba? I was just trying to tell you that it’s ok to work hard here on earth instead of waiting for those virgins when you yamutu grin Fake engineer only here. I challenged you to post how much money you make monthly so I will double it and give it to you as gift but your a major league loser and that’s why you are still failing at your age. Anyways, don’t mistakenly give out your kettle today. The pandemic is not yet over oo. grin grin
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by rigarmortis: 5:50pm On Nov 10, 2021
MiaBeer:

E pain you ba? I was just trying to tell you that it’s ok to work hard here on earth instead of waiting for those virgins when you yamutu grin Fake engineer only here. I challenged you to post how much money you make monthly so I will double it and give it to you as gift but your a major league loser and that’s why you are still failing at your age. Anyways, don’t mistakenly give out your kettle today. The pandemic is not yet over oo. grin grin

Challenge? Post my salary for you? Lol.

I Challenge you to post your mother's naked picture, let's see how you got to hit your head on the ground during childbirth due to her nationwide used, gaping wide grip-less puxxy, which has caused you severe brain damage. Your life is gone. But at least the good folks of nairaland and open a gofundme account to enable her perform vag.!na reconstruction in order to avert this happening to your siblings. One is too many
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by MiaBeer(m): 6:03pm On Nov 10, 2021
rigarmortis:

Challenge? Post my salary for you? Lol.

I Challenge you to post your mother's naked picture, let's see how you got to hit your head on the ground during childbirth due to her nationwide used, gaping wide grip-less puxxy, which has caused you severe brain damage. Your life is gone. But at least the good folks of nairaland and open a gofundme account to enable her perform vag.!na reconstruction in order to avert this happening to your siblings. One is too many
Keep confirming to Nairalanders that you’re a fake engineer and a mannerless thug. After dealing with me, you will think twice before you dream of quoting someone again. You’re a born loser and that’s why you talk about others parents.

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by rigarmortis: 6:20pm On Nov 10, 2021
MiaBeer:

Keep confirming to Nairalanders that you’re a fake engineer and a mannerless thug. After dealing with me, you will think twice before you dream of quoting someone again. You’re a born loser and that’s why you talk about others parents.

who is denying it, i am a mannerless thug with first degree in engineering and masters in thug analysis.

but its a fact that your mom indeed has a gripless cvnt and you deadbeat dad forced himself on her, it is debatable however, if you are indeed a product of a leaking condom because it is widely known that your dad cannot afford 2 fifty kobo coins to rub together.

although it is a widely held belief that you leaked into your mom through a fake condom
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by MiaBeer(m): 6:31pm On Nov 10, 2021
rigarmortis:

who is denying it, i am a mannerless thug with first degree in engineering and masters in thug analysis.

but its a fact that your mom indeed has a gripless cvnt and you deadbeat dad forced himself on her, it is debatable however, if you are indeed a product of a leaking condom because it is widely known that your dad cannot afford 2 fifty kobo coins to rub together.

although it is a widely held belief that you leaked into your mom through a fake condom
Thanks for admitting that you’re a mannerless thug. You wish you studied engineering and you also you had first class. This the result of all the useless burukutu and qunnu you consume every day. You have been warned to stop skipping your medication but you won’t listen.
One more kettle and a mannerless cow for you grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by rigarmortis: 6:43pm On Nov 10, 2021
MiaBeer:

Thanks for admitting that you’re a mannerless thug. You wish you studied engineering and you also you had first class. This the result of all the useless burukutu and qunnu you consume every day. You have been warned to stop skipping your medication but you won’t listen.
One more kettle and a mannerless cow for you grin grin

No ooooo.

Don't misquote me, I didn't have first-class.

But your mom...........hehehehehehe, we all know why they call her nwayi onye obioma in the hood. O na l'otu gwogwo.

grin
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by YoungRay007: 7:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
mdntiri:

Forget about the website. I've seen several websites make such infantile/simplistic rankings. Take this example. Ghana redenominated her currency and removed 4 zeros, so 10,000 cedi became 1 cedi. The value of the currency is the same. Supposing we removed only 3 zeros, and nothing stopped us from doing that, and 10,000 became 10 cedi.

Currently the cedi exchanges at 1 dollar to about 6 cedi. Now let's say Ghana removed 3 zeros and the cedi became 1dollar to 60 cedi, do you know the cedi won't rank at number 3? It's go further down the ranking. Because 60 is "bigger" than 6 cedi?

But is 6 cedi not the same as 60 cedi? Same as 600 cedi? Same as 60,000 cedi or 6000 cedi? Because the value is the same?

That's what the rankings are doing. They see Ghana's 6 cedi, they say it's "better" than Botswana's 11 pula etc etc. What's the true value of the currency?

I totally don't agree with you. You are trying to prove that naira is more valuable than the cedis which is not true. What ever Ghana government did, it has favored them positively. Our weak naira suppose to favor export but the reverse is the case. We import all we consume in this country
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by MiaBeer(m): 7:25pm On Nov 10, 2021
rigarmortis:

No ooooo.

Don't misquote me, I didn't have first-class.

But your mom...........hehehehehehe, we all know why they call her nwayi onye obioma in the hood. O na l'otu gwogwo.

grin
Amam Na nne gi n’ala otu ka nkita but that shouldn’t have made you an almajiri appeaser though. Now that you have admitted that you didn’t have first class, please admit that you didn’t study engineering, that you were making it up just because you’re a loser.
After, the admission, one more gold kettle and a mat for you grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by rigarmortis: 7:43pm On Nov 10, 2021
MiaBeer:

Amam Na nne gi n’ala otu ka nkita but that shouldn’t have made you an almajiri appeaser though. Now that you have admitted that you didn’t have first class, please admit that you didn’t study engineering, that you were making it up just because you’re a loser.
After, the admission, one more gold kettle and a mat for you grin grin

Mbanu, I can't lie. Lol

I studied engineering with masters in thug analysis. Hehe hehe. That one is true.

Onye bu nna gi bikonu? You can't recognise your ofeke father again?

I'm in Gwarimpa now. You can come and meet me let me help you with a few drinks. We can then discuss about how to start the godfundme for otu nne gi
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by MiaBeer(m): 8:05pm On Nov 10, 2021
rigarmortis:

Mbanu, I can't lie. Lol

I studied engineering with masters in thug analysis. Hehe hehe. That one is true.

I'm in Gwarimpa now. You can come and meet me let me help you with a few drinks. We can then discuss about how to start the godfundme for otu nne gi

Real men are drinking fine wine and you’re there in gwarimpa drinking burukutu and chewing gworo. Kuturuma gbura uba grin
If you’re not a charge and bail engineer I would have hired you to work on one of my properties out there but I am not looking for losers. Sorry!
Since you’ve finished drinking burukutu, one kulikuli and pito for you. Just make you you don’t mistakenly hug transformer on your way to your mud hut grin

1 Like

Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by MiaBeer(m): 8:19pm On Nov 10, 2021
rigarmortis:

Mbanu, I can't lie. Lol

I'm in Gwarimpa now. You can come and meet me let me help you with a few drinks. We can then discuss about how to start the godfundme for otu nne mu.

I am shocked by the degree of your gullibility though. What are they feeding you losers out there? Now, milk that cow in Gwarimpa for me. I don’t have much except a golden kettle, guuuff and mat. grin
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by rigarmortis: 8:40pm On Nov 10, 2021
MiaBeer:

I am shocked by the degree of your gullibility though. What are they feeding you losers out there? Now, milk that cow in Gwarimpa for me. I don’t have much except a golden kettle, guuuff and mat. grin

There are no cows in gwarimpa mate.

Bring your two engineers, along with the screws lose in your head. Let's see if we can screw them back
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by MiaBeer(m): 8:47pm On Nov 10, 2021
rigarmortis:

There are no cows in gwarimpa mate.

Bring your two engineers, along with the screws lose in your head. Let's see if we can screw them back
Who is your mate! Keep drinking until Gwarimpa hisbah catch you and bulala you little abunna. You all are pretenders. Where’s your useless kettle?
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by rigarmortis: 8:51pm On Nov 10, 2021
MiaBeer:

Who is your mate! Keep drinking until Gwarimpa hisbah catch you and bulala you little abunna. You all are pretenders. Where’s your useless kettle?

No hisbah in abuja mate.

I know you haven't been here before. Looks like London to you.

Just showed your ignorance once again.

My kettle is in your mom's puxxy, It fell inside and can't be found till now. Can you be a good guy and fetch it out with a sickle
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by MiaBeer(m): 9:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
rigarmortis:

No hisbah in abuja mate.

I know you haven't been here before. Looks like London to you.

Just showed your ignorance once again.

My kettle is in your mom's puxxy, It fell inside and can't be found till now. Can you be a good guy and fetch it out with a sickle
We all know your poor mum abandoned you and others were blaming her but look what you turned out to be: a mannerless he goat and thug. I know your mum is dead and you have no shame in you but you need focus more on your rehabilitation ok. Poor thing! Remember to wash that smelly little priik and assss with enough water or alcohol in your kettle grin
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by rigarmortis: 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
MiaBeer:

We all know your poor mum abandoned you and others were blaming her but look what you turned out to be: a mannerless he goat and thug. I know your mum is dead and you have no shame in you but you need focus more on your rehabilitation ok. Poor thing! Remember to wash that smelly little priik and assss with enough water or alcohol in your kettle grin

Abandoned?!!!!!!! Niqqa you have the mind to mention that??

Your dead beat dad abandoned you as a swimming spermatozoa!!!!!

You fertilised your mom's fetid eggs, which is a miracle, how you made your way through the hurdle of exotic bacteria and variety of vaginal viruses to win the first prize in the midst of other slowpoke swimming sperms is remarkable.

But alas, you fell off your mom's coochie and landed on your empty head, the small brain left in your head came into the world damaged.

You need coaching.

Come and meet me in gwarimpa, I can help you. But I will soon leave.
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by mdntiri(m): 11:54pm On Nov 10, 2021
YoungRay007:

I totally don't agree with you. You are trying to prove that naira is more valuable than the cedis which is not true. What ever Ghana government did, it has favored them positively. Our weak naira suppose to favor export but the reverse is the case. We import all we consume in this country
___

I'm posting this from www.myjoyonline.com/africas-top-currencies-cedi-places-9th/?param=

Economy
Africa’s top currencies: cedi places 9th
Source: Charles Nixon Yeboah
28 September 2021 9:35pm

The Ghana cedi slipped one place to the 9th position out of 15th top African currencies.

According to Joy Business tracking of the performance of African currencies so far this year, the local currency has not fared badly at all.

In August, the cedi was ranked 8th among Africa’s top currencies with a depreciation of 1.30% to the US dollar. This was after it had appreciated against the American ‘greenback’ in the first six months of this year.

The Namibian dollar however dislodged the local currency from the 8th position after an improved performance against the American currency in September 2021.

But the cedi is expected to gain some value to the US dollar soon. This is because the first tranche ($750m) of the $1.5 billion Cocoa Syndication Loan will hit the account of the Bank of Ghana next week. It will help reduce the recent pressures on the local currency.

Governor of the Bank of Ghana, Dr. Ernest Addison said at the Monetary Policy Committee press conference that the Central Bank has been doing its best to stabilise the cedi.

“You will see that the Bank [BoG] has been fairly active in the forward market. We raised the bi-weekly intervention from $25 million every fortnight to $75 million, and we did that for I believe three consecutive weeks. This was because we thought that the market needed that particular support. And we did that without compromising our reserves and I believe that is the best way forward.”

On the continent, Zambian Kwacha maintained its lead as the best performing currency with an appreciation of 28% to the dollar.

It is followed by the Ugandan shilling and the Egyptian Pound. Both had appreciated by 3.1% and 0.14% in value respectively to the American currency.

Rankings of African 15 top currencies

COUNTRY CURRENCY YEAR-TO-DATE PERFORMANCE
Zambia Kwacha 28.3%
Uganda shilling 3.13
Egypt pound 0.14%%
Tanzania shilling -0.01%
Morocco dirham -1.06%
Kenya shilling -1.10%
Angola kwanza -1.70%
Namibia dollar -1.72%
Ghana cedi -1.78
South Africa rand -2.68

To know the strongest Africa currency, you can look at the performance of the currency (did it lose or gain value) against the dollar from Jan to Dec. You can do a say 3 or 5 year historical analysis of the various currencies' performance against the dollar to declare Africa's strongest currency. This's what myjoyonline has done for the year of 2020/2021
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by EXOUSIAng: 1:07am On Nov 11, 2021
Cyoung4real:
What are their purchasing powers? That’s what matters
Do Nigerians even understand what purchasing power is?
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by YoungRay007: 8:16am On Nov 11, 2021
mdntiri:
___

I'm posting this from www.myjoyonline.com/africas-top-currencies-cedi-places-9th/?param=

Economy
Africa’s top currencies: cedi places 9th
Source: Charles Nixon Yeboah
28 September 2021 9:35pm

The Ghana cedi slipped one place to the 9th position out of 15th top African currencies.

According to Joy Business tracking of the performance of African currencies so far this year, the local currency has not fared badly at all.

In August, the cedi was ranked 8th among Africa’s top currencies with a depreciation of 1.30% to the US dollar. This was after it had appreciated against the American ‘greenback’ in the first six months of this year.

The Namibian dollar however dislodged the local currency from the 8th position after an improved performance against the American currency in September 2021.

But the cedi is expected to gain some value to the US dollar soon. This is because the first tranche ($750m) of the $1.5 billion Cocoa Syndication Loan will hit the account of the Bank of Ghana next week. It will help reduce the recent pressures on the local currency.

Governor of the Bank of Ghana, Dr. Ernest Addison said at the Monetary Policy Committee press conference that the Central Bank has been doing its best to stabilise the cedi.

“You will see that the Bank [BoG] has been fairly active in the forward market. We raised the bi-weekly intervention from $25 million every fortnight to $75 million, and we did that for I believe three consecutive weeks. This was because we thought that the market needed that particular support. And we did that without compromising our reserves and I believe that is the best way forward.”

On the continent, Zambian Kwacha maintained its lead as the best performing currency with an appreciation of 28% to the dollar.

It is followed by the Ugandan shilling and the Egyptian Pound. Both had appreciated by 3.1% and 0.14% in value respectively to the American currency.

Rankings of African 15 top currencies

COUNTRY CURRENCY YEAR-TO-DATE PERFORMANCE
Zambia Kwacha 28.3%
Uganda shilling 3.13
Egypt pound 0.14%%
Tanzania shilling -0.01%
Morocco dirham -1.06%
Kenya shilling -1.10%
Angola kwanza -1.70%
Namibia dollar -1.72%
Ghana cedi -1.78
South Africa rand -2.68

To know the strongest Africa currency, you can look at the performance of the currency (did it lose or gain value) against the dollar from Jan to Dec. You can do a say 3 or 5 year historical analysis of the various currencies' performance against the dollar to declare Africa's strongest currency. This's what myjoyonline has done for the year of 2020/2021

So if the Japanese yen performed better than the euro in the last 12 months, those it make it a stronger currency than the euro. Is as if you like this Zambia self, you can migrate there and earn some kwacha
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by mdntiri(m): 10:56am On Nov 11, 2021
YoungRay007:

So if the Japanese yen performed better than the euro in the last 12 months, those it make it a stronger currency than the euro. Is as if you like this Zambia self, you can migrate there and earn some kwacha

You're missing the point. I've given you an EDUCATED reason for ranking Africa's strongest currencies. If the yen for example consistently performs better than the euro, to the extent where you need more euro for fewer yen, then the yen has become stronger than the euro. Lots of currencies are stronger than the dollar, but the dollar has world wide appeal, and people choose to trade with it.

Aside the demand and supply factors affecting currency strength, inflation etc also determines currency strength.

In your ranking, and in the ranking I provided, the cedi is a better performer than the naira, so your old question on the cedi-naira strength is answered.

I'm Ghanaian, but if the rankings that put the cedi third best in Africa is not true, I'd point it out. These rankings are even unstable because the currencies are changing positions month after month.
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by MiaBeer(m): 7:14pm On Nov 11, 2021
rigarmortis:

Abandoned?!!!!!!! Niqqa you have the mind to mention that??

Your dead beat dad abandoned you as a swimming spermatozoa!!!!!

You fertilised your mom's fetid eggs, which is a miracle, how you made your way through the hurdle of exotic bacteria and variety of vaginal viruses to win the first prize in the midst of other slowpoke swimming sperms is remarkable.

But alas, you fell off your mom's coochie and landed on your empty head, the small brain left in your head came into the world damaged.

You need coaching.

Come and meet me in gwarimpa, I can help you. But I will soon leave.

One kettle and 7 virgins for you, when you himug that transformer. Olodo.
Re: Top Ten Strongest Currencies In Africa At The Moment by YoungRay007: 9:34pm On Nov 11, 2021
mdntiri:

You're missing the point. I've given you an EDUCATED reason for ranking Africa's strongest currencies. If the yen for example consistently performs better than the euro, to the extent where you need more euro for fewer yen, then the yen has become stronger than the euro. Lots of currencies are stronger than the dollar, but the dollar has world wide appeal, and people choose to trade with it.

Aside the demand and supply factors affecting currency strength, inflation etc also determines currency strength.

In your ranking, and in the ranking I provided, the cedi is a better performer than the naira, so your old question on the cedi-naira strength is answered.

I'm Ghanaian, but if the rankings that put the cedi third best in Africa is not true, I'd point it out. These rankings are even unstable because the currencies are changing positions month after month.

OK, I think I understand where you are heading to. But please am happy you said u are a Ghanaian. Please I have a question for you, between a Ghanaian and a Nigerian, which is easier to make 1000$ in his business.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Moshood Abiola's 79th Posthumous Birthday Is Today / Calls For Resignation Of INEC Chairman Unfair-nans / Borno Government To Seize 7 UN Properties Over Tax Evasion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.