Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi (17680 Views)

Paul Enenche: Kidnappers Disguise As Bishop, Naval Officer Storm Dunamis Church / Pope Francis Appoints Denis Isizoh Into The Pontifical Council / Muslims Storm Emir's Palace As Bishop Sam Zuga Preaches At The Palace In Lafia(p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by Happened: 8:47pm On Nov 09, 2021
Pope Francis Appoints Most Rev. Dr. Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi

The Holy Father Pope Francis has appointed Most Rev. Dr. Jonas Benson Okoye, formerly Auxiliary Bishop of Awka Diocese as Bishop of Nnewi Diocese.

Congratulations to you my lord bishop!

May God bless your ministry in Nnewi Diocese and the Church of Christ at large.

Shared by Illikannu Donald Chukwuma

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by vanbonattel: 8:48pm On Nov 09, 2021
Otito diri Jesu

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by PrinceOfLagos: 8:48pm On Nov 09, 2021
Congratulations bishop

6 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by ImmaculateJOE(m): 8:52pm On Nov 09, 2021
Congratulations Your Lordship.
Nnewi Diocese my Home diocese.

One politicians promised to reconstruct Our Lady of Fatima Cathedral. Several years after, na one year one block.
Someone should remind me the name of the politician please

26 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by uglyafonja: 8:59pm On Nov 09, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:

One politicians promised to reconstruct Our Lady of Fatima Cathedral. Several years after, na one year one block.

Ifeanyi idiot uba

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 9:08pm On Nov 09, 2021
ImmaculateJOE:

Ifeanyi Uba cheesy

na part of election campaign that year I think 2013

just wasted empty land for nothing
i hope the church raise money and complete that eyesore at Nnewi

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by AsampeteNwaanyi(f): 9:08pm On Nov 09, 2021
congratulations to your lordship

catholic forever

16 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by AsabaPropertyAg(m): 9:11pm On Nov 09, 2021
Congratulations your Lordship.
I don't know why the catholics have refused to appoint a Bishop from Mbaise despite having the highest number of Rev. Fathers in Nigeria, does it mean there are no qualified Rev. Fathers from Mbaise that can be appointed a BISHOP? just like Nigeria is marginalizing the South East, the Catholics are Marginalizing Rev. Fathers from MBAISE.

Happened:
Breaking News

The Holy Father Pope Francis has appointed Most Rev. Dr. Jonas Benson Okoye, formerly Auxiliary Bishop of Awka Diocese as Bishop of Nnewi Diocese.

Congratulations to you my lord bishop!

May God bless your ministry in Nnewi Diocese and the Church of Christ at large.

Shared by Illikannu Donald Chukwuma
Cc lalasticlala

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by archangel1(m): 9:13pm On Nov 09, 2021
So this great news has not made front page yet?

3 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by Shellsploit: 9:14pm On Nov 09, 2021
vanbonattel:
Otito diri Jesu
Na ndu ebeebe

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by Shandeee: 7:56am On Nov 10, 2021
cool
Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by Dremmor: 7:56am On Nov 10, 2021
Wow
Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by BadNews: 7:56am On Nov 10, 2021
Money Is Really Good
Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by Blackdisciple(m): 7:56am On Nov 10, 2021
Congrats sir

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by Midrat: 7:57am On Nov 10, 2021
Welcome Padre

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by Toluwanise247(m): 7:57am On Nov 10, 2021
Congratulations sir

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by moneyfever440: 7:57am On Nov 10, 2021
Holy Holy .. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by otabuko(m): 7:57am On Nov 10, 2021
AsabaPropertyAg:
I don't know why the catholics have refused to appoint a Bishop from Mbaise despite having the highest number of Rev. Fathers in Nigeria, does it mean there are no qualified Rev. Fathers from Mbaise that can be appointed a BISHOP? just like Nigeria is marginalizing the South East, the Catholics are Marginalizing Rev. Fathers from MBAISE.

Your statement is full of selfishness and stupidity...

36 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by Boogyman557: 7:58am On Nov 10, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool WTF MAN
Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by clockwisereport: 7:58am On Nov 10, 2021
vanbonattel:
Otito diri Jesu

Na ndu ebeebe

6 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by michlins(m): 8:00am On Nov 10, 2021
What happens to Okoye. I hope this Bishop works as hard as the former.

Congratulations to him

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by Psalmistproject: 8:01am On Nov 10, 2021
Anything about Pope today is antichrist.

I won't be surprised if the so called appointed priest is gay and a pedophile.

Please if you are a Catholic no vex, it's just common sense.
Pope Francis wants a complete revolution of the church to accommodate gay marriage so why will he make any priest that is not a believer in the vision a priest? Well I don't know but you can send your son for a private chat with him regularly.

My respect goes to Nigerian Anglican community as they cut off with the international Anglican body in other to preserve the church from evil indoctrination.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by Alexandro15: 8:01am On Nov 10, 2021
Congratulations Bishop Benson

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by josielewa(m): 8:01am On Nov 10, 2021
pope appoint this and that...total gibberish...i still ask myself why a black man cant be a pope....I wish to see a black man become a pope before my death, I know its a future impossible tense....make una dey wallow dey go....

note: i still maintain my statement, no real black man has been a pope...i rise....if u talking victor and the rest, then you don't understand my statement....
Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by UnknownT: 8:02am On Nov 10, 2021
vanbonattel:
Otito diri Jesu
na ndu ebebe

5 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by benuejosh: 8:02am On Nov 10, 2021
Nice.
Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by miketayo(m): 8:02am On Nov 10, 2021
AsabaPropertyAg:

U have big issues

10 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Appoints Jonas Benson Okoye As Bishop Of Nnewi by tonygalaxy: 8:03am On Nov 10, 2021
Please complete that cathedral Bishop..ur welcome

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Share Your Prayer Request, Nairaland Pastors Will Pray For You / If Evolution Was Untrue. / Who Appointed Satan The Ruler Of This World?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.