Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,559 members, 7,812,815 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed (23599 Views)

Bandits Invade Kubwa In Abuja, Conduct House-To-House Raid / Army, Police Conduct House-to-House Raid For IPOB/ESN Members In South East / The Informant Who Gave 'False' Information On Edwin Clark’s House Raid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by Maxymilliano(m): 2:00pm On Nov 10, 2021
Many people are feared killed and properties burnt down in fresh attacks on communities in Batsari Local Government Area of Katsina State.

The attack, which reportedly began Tuesday evening and lasted into the early hours of Wednesday, saw dozens of houses including government structures and vehicles set ablaze.

Witnesses said no fewer than five communities were struck by the armed men, where a yet to be ascertained number of people were either killed or injured.

“In each of the communities invaded, the gunmen fired sporadically into the air to register their presence before going from house to house, looting victims of valuables and harassing residents,” a source said.

There were speculations that one of the victims killed in the attack was lawyer, one Barr. Nura Hassan Wagine but Daily Trust could not independently verify this.

The source added that several of the victims were trying to escape from the onslaught of the marauding gunmen when they sustained injuries.

When contacted, the Member representing Batsari in the Katsina State House of Assembly, Hon. Jabir Yauyau, said he heard about the unfortunate incidents, but still gathering information about what actually happened.

He added that details of what happened would be difficult to get for now, because of the lack of telecommunication network in the area.

“It is confirmed that the attack took place, but the casualties and the extent of damage caused is not yet known, especially because of the lack of mobile network in the area.”

“I am told about the majority of those killed. They are people I know personally, but I still need to confirm.

“I am trying to ascertain what actually happen because I am going to move a motion on matters of public importance in the house, but I have to get the actual thing,” he said.

As at the time of filling in this report, spokesperson of the Katsina State Police Command, SP Gambo Isah, had not confirmed the incident.

https://dailytrust.com/breaking-many-feared-killed-as-gunmen-launch-house-to-house-raid-in-katsina

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by AlexBells(m): 2:01pm On Nov 10, 2021
Bandits May be mad but there is methods to It, I'm not surprised at what is happening, they should just know that everyone is back with the original script and while I'm not surprised at their ambitions, I must say that I'm not impressed, Bandits are too old fashioned despite the glaring access to suply.

We know exactly where you are heading to, but keep your madness out of our territories and we shall be good, Nigeria is just a formal union and we get it,

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by Kloenboi: 2:03pm On Nov 10, 2021
cheesy

IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu is our problem

30,000 army troops dey S-East
20,000 civil defense dey S-East
23,000 mobile police dey S-East
25 police commissioners dey S-East

Isolo police van dey S-East

Hausas better wakeup, Fulani has come to complete the conquest. They moved all the security resources down south and left you guys to fight with bandits with your bare hands

191 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by Richardonald(m): 2:03pm On Nov 10, 2021
Biafra is their problem grin grin

Bandits dey use dem catch cruise, where as Dem aboki dey protests say na ipob be their problem

114 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by OssyMalik: 2:03pm On Nov 10, 2021
Fake news. Katsina State is peaceful as we speak. Everyone should go about their normal lives Abeg

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by Maxymilliano(m): 2:07pm On Nov 10, 2021
I wish the gunmen had carried out the house-to-house raid in Daura and uproot every member of Buhari's clan so that the President will feel a slice of what other hapless residents of that State are passing through in the hands of bandits

67 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by BigSarah(f): 2:16pm On Nov 10, 2021
Even though the insecurity in the North is often exaggerated, a lot still needs to be done...
YES exaggerated there are many places that the locals haven't heard or seen a gunshot talk more of bandits or BH terrorists..

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by Emergingnation(m): 2:17pm On Nov 10, 2021
No cause for alarm, Buhari is actually given them free tickets to their Imaginery paradise through Bandits grin grin

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by loosecanon50(m): 2:18pm On Nov 10, 2021
OP why are you posting fake unverified news here now? the North is safe abeg. South east is the hot zone right now......that is why some abokis were protesting in court today that ipob killed Ahmed Gulak and their brothers in the armed forces. Next time na barbwire I go use flog you

69 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by Racoon(m): 2:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
Shame on the likes of Lai Mohammed, Femi Adeshina and northern elites and population who kept on rationalising the evil atrocities of these criminals.It will not be well with all the sai baba zombies on this forum.

18 Likes

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by Rahkman: 3:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kill them all grin

8 Likes

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by rayvelez(m): 3:23pm On Nov 10, 2021
Nothing concern bubu even if deh killed everyone in that village no be new thing they should just make sure they don’t killed COW cos COW LIVES MATTER.

7 Likes

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by Otuegbe: 3:24pm On Nov 10, 2021
Udele where are you.
Come and save your people.
Joe Igbokwe will not read this news.

Igbos the only reason Nigeria is together

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by Doubleoh7: 3:27pm On Nov 10, 2021
You mean just because some local business men went door to door to collect levies daily trust turn am to news? Did they hoist there flags there or did they secede Katsina from the rest of the country? Please allow them to carry on their daily businesses in peace without hindrance

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by BlackfireX: 4:28pm On Nov 10, 2021
Fake news..

Stop posting fake news

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by Conrod: 4:37pm On Nov 10, 2021
Imagine 300 RPGs and another 2000 AK47s in their hands....the will be almost relatively invinsible,... october revolution comes to mind.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by JAMO84: 4:42pm On Nov 10, 2021
Sometimes, we should be discussing what we think should be the solution to all these insecurity, as in, even when Buhari leaves office, what can the next president do to make all these go away.

No be everything be politics, religion and ethnicity.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by DOTian: 4:43pm On Nov 10, 2021
Send almajiri to modern schools. They no gree..
See the results..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by Maxymilliano(m): 4:58pm On Nov 10, 2021
The President State is on fire but he's more comfortable attending Peace Summit in Paris and telling the whole world how he has secured Nigeria..

What a misfit we have as President

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by hisexcellency34: 5:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
In the Commander in Chief's hometown

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by InoGetJoy: 5:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
"I will drive Nigerian security forces from the North to the East and, by the time they go back to the North, Boko Haram would've taken over their towns and cities." - MNK 2019

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by JavaScript90: 5:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
the life's and properties doesn't matter since they are northern life's. so they are practically useless. we are more concerned about happenings in the east and nnamdi KANU. that is why we protested against him today

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by seunaj: 5:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
Buhari's boys at it again. Malami is busy writing 1000 pages epistle to continue to harass Kanu and Igboho

6 Likes

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by whitecake: 5:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
Hi
Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by Hadone(m): 5:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
Sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by slawormiir: 5:10pm On Nov 10, 2021
Damnnn niggar
Now we are in Endtime
Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by Abimbola29(m): 5:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
What happened to the security men over there?
Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by ifytrik(m): 5:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
Nobody well for this country again because of this man we his trouser be like local parachute

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by bigdammyj: 5:13pm On Nov 10, 2021
Okay
Re: Gunmen Launch House-To-House Raid In Katsina, Many Feared Killed by ikcid: 5:14pm On Nov 10, 2021
Batsari? I used to pass this place going to Kano from Sokoto then. They seem a peaceful people with farming as their chief occupation. May those that lost their lives rest in peace

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saviour Imukudo: Judge Orders Arrest Of Premium Times’ Reporter Inside Courtroom / NAF MI-35M Helicopter Gunship Records First Hit In Boko Haram Battle(video) / Orji Kalu: I Will Invite Military To Bomb Kidnappers In Abia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.