Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,275 members, 7,839,371 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi (5298 Views)

Aisha Buhari Visits Oyo State, Welcomed By Ajimobi And Wife / See The Beautiful Daughters Of Governor Ajimobi / Filth: Lagos To Shut Ladipo Market Indefinitely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by HyeBits: 4:41pm On Jun 07, 2011
[size=16pt]Aba has become the greatest refuse heap and dirtiest city in the world. .[/size],

http://www.gopetition.com/petition/39429.html
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Oscillation(m): 5:01pm On Jun 07, 2011
Can there ever be a thread on nairaland than can't degenerate into ethnic and tribal harangue. Aint people tired of making comments like goon dimwit, i need not call names for we knew them. People should be objective and constructive with comments and not make it article of mimick and cajole for those concern. undecided
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by HyeBits: 5:11pm On Jun 07, 2011
I don't know ooo. Try read through the lines from posters. There you will notice the usual tribal brouhaha by this Ajokuta ma momi dirty muffing idiot.
As they have failed in all configuration and equation in Nigeria including Biafra, they still refuse to take the theatre of history as their class to learn to not let history repeat itself.
They continue to eat their flesh coming to SW languish in ever tribal drum beat. Losers of people, Ibo nation. Sorry Ibo has ever been a nation, sorry Ibo tribe o jare.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Mariory(m): 5:17pm On Jun 07, 2011
It is the same group of people as before. They simply sign on with new user names. Until Seun makes new user registration complicated enough so that it exceeds the short attention spans of these i.d.i.o.t.s, I'm afraid the ethnic c.o.c.k stroking will continue.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by HyeBits: 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2011
The great Ibadan has been a model city before its neglect at the military incursion in Nigeria politics.
Ibadan prides itself as the home of intellectuals, intelligentsia and elites to the letter.
The clamour has been to bring the city back to its glory. And I believe Gov. Ajimobi will do just what we expect of him.
I remember when I was young passing through Queen Elizabeth Road all adorn in greenery to University College Hospital.
The culture of this people like other parts of Nigerian is not this, the military incurtion was the curse that perpetrate the neglect of Nigerian cities.
Some people believing that their city is better is not wanting to trode the line of self reality. I believe with democracy taking its root, the glory of our cities in all the regions of this country will see a rebirth.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Nobody: 5:38pm On Jun 07, 2011
Mariory:

It is the same group of people as before. They simply sign on with new user names. Until Seun makes new user registration complicated enough so that it exceeds the short attention spans of these i.d.i.o.t.s, I'm afraid the ethnic c.o.c.k stroking will continue.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by marjo: 6:26pm On Jun 07, 2011
Another thing Ajimobi should focus on is the provision of water. water has always been an issue in ibadan. my friends back in UI always complained about it. this is another area he should focus on.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by fadhill: 7:03pm On Jun 07, 2011
The issue of environmental degradation, agriculture, education and security are the paramount. All these put together, and the spate of things will drive investor and creativity of the people. No one can develop the state other than we the state citizen by creating the enabling environment for governance and investment.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by friedrice1: 8:47pm On Jun 07, 2011
The filth presently accumulated in Aba can comfortably run a Biological power plant, big enough to run the entire country for many years
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Roland17(m): 8:52pm On Jun 07, 2011
please people must stop blaming the military at any little instance, agreed they caused a lot of havoc, but we would all agree that democracy has done worse, one question i wish to ask ibadan people is, would creation of Ibadan state stop the rot in environment and infrastructural development.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by bashr4: 9:40pm On Jun 07, 2011
dirtiest places i have visited in nigeria

1-ibadan

2 lagos mainland

3 aba

4illorin

55benin

6 onithsha

these cities can easily be converted to world class cities if properly cleaned up

neatest cities apart from abuja

1 enugu

2 calabar

3 lagos island

4 owerri

5 portharcourt is coming up amaechi is doing a good clean up job

Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by kasiem(m): 9:53pm On Jun 07, 2011
The governor also need to address the issue of some people not cleaning their arse after going to toilet, cos the kind of fart that this people release can cause havoc
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by AndreUweh(m): 10:01pm On Jun 07, 2011
kasiem:

The governor also need to address the issue of some people not cleaning their arse after going to toilet, cos the kind of fart that this people release can cause havoc
That one is personal hygiene.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Obiagu1(m): 10:21pm On Jun 07, 2011
Ok good, build a castle for pigs.

Hope they stay in it beyond 2 nights. cool
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Nobody: 10:21pm On Jun 07, 2011
emmatok:

@tom28

You are a disgrace to those who sent you to school.

The governor is trying to clean up the state and you are here killing your self about another tribe.

Tell me which local govt in Nigeria is free of dirt.

FOOOL
1diot, you dont want to accept the reality on ground.The dirt generated in some of these local Govts is as a result of  the ppl way of life.I have lived with the Yorubas before and i have come to the conclusion that they are best friends with dirt.Their homes have no latrines and many of them prefer to poo in polythene bags and shove under their beds and besides they hardly wash their hands after visiting the toilet and it even painful that as beautiful as yoruba women are they have a very poor hygiene.This is the truth!
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jun 07, 2011
emmatok:

@tom28

Tell me which local govt in Nigeria is free of dirt.

FOOOL
cheesy My local Govt which is Esan North East is dirt free.Its located in Uromi in Edo state.You need to come to Uromi and see for yourself.Its clean and the roads are well tarred.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jun 07, 2011
Felibaby:

Oh my God! Another lunatic has escaped from YABA LEFT.
Something must be done to improve security in that psychiatrist hospital.
Their patients cannot continue to escape and mingle with sane society. cool
Even pschiatrist patients act more sanely than the average Nigerian on the street
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by adino(m): 10:47pm On Jun 07, 2011
@Tom28
My Brother, Please tell them that all these development in our Beloved Uromi was achieved even without the support of the federal or state governments, but with individual and grass-root efforts.
We are proud to be from Uromi. THE HEARTBEAT OF EDO STATE AND THE GREATEST HEARTBEAT OF NIGERIA (DO NOT FORGET THAT EDO IS THE HEARTBEAT OF NIGERIA).
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Gbenge77(m): 11:14pm On Jun 07, 2011
Thats a cheering news for Oyo state indigenes.Its long overdue.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Rossikk(m): 11:17pm On Jun 07, 2011
Any part of Ibadan's rehabilitation which does not include the re-painting or re-roofing of the thousands of rusty brown rooftops that define the city landscape, is a worthless exercise.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Nobody: 11:23pm On Jun 07, 2011
adino:

@Tom28
My Brother, Please tell them that all these development in our Beloved Uromi was achieved even without the support of the federal or state governments, but with individual and grass-root efforts.
We are proud to be from Uromi. THE HEARTBEAT OF EDO STATE AND THE GREATEST HEARTBEAT OF NIGERIA (DO NOT FORGET THAT EDO IS THE HEARTBEAT OF NIGERIA).
Exactly
Uromi is clean today and this has been done even without the help of the Federal Govt.You dont need to wait for the Govt b4 you clean up your streets.Yes the Govt ought to be doing its job but then just because the Govt is deficient in his duty is not enough reason to be dirty.And yes Uromi is the heartbeat of Edo state. wink
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by bashr4: 2:43am On Jun 08, 2011
Rossikk:

Any part of Ibadan's rehabilitation which does not include the re-painting or re-roofing of the thousands of rusty brown rooftops that define the city landscape, is a worthless exercise.

exactly ibadan is an eyesore considering its the capital of the great oyo state and  capital and ancestral city  of the yorubas, its really a disgrace to we nigerians especially those of the south west.pherhaps it can make a good location for shooting a 12th century movie.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by aljharem3: 2:46am On Jun 08, 2011
bashr4:

exactly ibadan is an eyesore considering its the capital of the great oyo state and  capital and ancestral city  of the yorubas, its really a disgrace to we nigerians especially those of the south west.pherhaps it can make a good location for shooting a 12th century movie.

cai have u been to ibadan before

well typical of igbo people, jealousy no go kill una
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by buffny: 4:17am On Jun 08, 2011
tom28:

1diot, you dont want to accept the reality on ground.The dirt generated in some of these local Govts is as a result of  the ppl way of life.I have lived with the Yorubas before and i have come to the conclusion that they are best friends with dirt.Their homes have no latrines and many of them prefer to poo in polythene bags and shove under their beds and besides they hardly wash their hands after visiting the toilet and it even painful that as beautiful as yoruba women are they have a very poor hygiene.This is the truth!

why dont u go and live in ur gargbage dump of a village then. and go Bleep ur whores of a sisters and mothers.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Rhino5dm: 4:43am On Jun 08, 2011
Yet thousands of people are relocating to the city. Those SEners yarning opata should just take a trip to Aba or Onitsha.

No where can be more dirtier than Aba. I'd rather sleep in a refuse dump than any hotel in Aba.

@Topic
Very good development. I can really see progressive mind at work. keep it up!
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Anvaller: 9:15am On Jun 08, 2011
Hey people. Ibadan is this dirty, Ibadan is that dirty. All of you are just being carried away with the crazy stereotype. I was in Nigeria last month with my colleagues for some researches on organic Agriculture. though we visited UNAAB in Abeokuta, Lautech, many organizations in Lagos and Abuja but we stayed the most in Ibadan because we were working from Moor Plantation in Apata. 2 of those guys, a German and a Dutch have worked in a similar project in Kenya and they said Nairobi was peaceful but very dirty. That was before we came to Nigeria. These guys didnt tell me that Ibadan was dirty
when I asked, they only complained that things were not working. Appointments are always missed and refixed and refixed.

People should be more objective with Ibadan and the dirts, I have noticed that Nigerians have the rundown instinct, they enjoy running anything down. We can not move forward that way. Look at they guy that said he moved to Ibadan from Lagos and it was too dirty. That sound to me very dull. We know the dirty places in Ibadan. These are mostly places where the low income earners live. If you look at the geographical structure, Lagos Ibadan expressway cuts through these dirty places, Olorunshogo, Academy, (I dont know what the rest areas are called) These areas are what most ppl see when they travel through Ibadan to Benin or the North and they'd say Ibadan is dirty because its a long drive and it gives you an impression that U have seen the greater part of the city. You may never have business in these places if you live in Ibadan because there is no business going on in those areas, its purely residential. Those people are poor, dense population so as educated people, u should know that there will surely be dirts and filth in such cases.

But aside those places then I cant say Ibadan is as dirty as being discussed here, Is challenge dirty? Mokola? even Dugbe. Is Bodija dirty? Onireke, Oluyole, and so on. I didnt see heaps of refuse on roadsides and the highways were relatively clean of litters. From Ringroad-Dugbe-Mokola-Sango-U.I-Ojoo, Challenge-Gate-Iworoad-straight down to Olodo, all nice roads, has been expanded to double lanes, smooth and relatively clean with even street lights at night.

Stop messing Ibadan as if the city is not getting better, some of you are from towns much uglier than Ibadan and most of you ran like refugees to Lagos which you might be claiming that you belong. So think twice before just being negative about anything.

U may put dirty pictures of these places to prove me wrong if you have them. I was there last month May and for me I was impressed that the city is even looking better than expected.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by hardywaltz(m): 10:27am On Jun 08, 2011
Its officially 90% of Niaralanders are nothing but big fo.ols!!
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Boyoorisha: 1:49pm On Jun 08, 2011
tom28:

I wonder why the dirty places in Nigeria are located only in the South west cheesy.Whats it with Yorubas and dirt.Their girls are dirty and so are their men.I have come across some yoruba girls wearing G-strings they havent washed for over a month.Even Abokis(HAUSAS) for all their stup1d1ty and religious fanatism still have the decency to be neat so why not Yorubas?
You brain transplant!
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by fadhill: 1:54pm On Jun 09, 2011
20 KILLED IN CHOLERA OUTBREAK IN ABIA-20 KILLED!

http://allafrica.com/stories/201106010267.html
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Nobody: 1:55am On Jun 10, 2011
Boyoorisha:

You brain transplant!
shocked your father
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Nobody: 2:00am On Jun 10, 2011
buffny:

why dont u go and live in your gargbage dump of a village then. and go bleep your whores of a sisters and mothers.

My village has well tarred roads and they have modern houses.Your own village on the other had is very backward and your ppl still wear leaves and raffia as clothes and besides i heard they wipe their asses with dried leaves after visiting the toilet because they cant afford tissue paper.
Re: I’ll Address Oyo’s Notoriety For Environmental Filth - Ajimobi by Nobody: 2:04am On Jun 10, 2011
buffny:

go bleep your whores of a sisters and mothers.

It is your mother that is a slut and tell your sister to take time to wash her underwear.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Presidency, APC Plotting To Intimidate, Annex Judiciary – PDP / Maduguri Airports Is Full With Private Jets Today Of GMD NNPC Daughter Wedding / Dcp Abba Kyari Looking Fresh As He Visit Mom In Maiduguri(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.