Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,776 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Okorocha Sacks Lg Chairmen, Dissolves Traditional Rulers’ Council…says Imo Owes! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha Sacks Lg Chairmen, Dissolves Traditional Rulers’ Council…says Imo Owes! (6837 Views)

Court Reinstates Elected LG Chairmen In River State / Federal High Court Sacks LG Chairmen In Rivers State - Pic / Okorocha Says Imo Supplementary Election Unnecessary; Claims Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha Sacks Lg Chairmen, Dissolves Traditional Rulers’ Council…says Imo Owes! by Beerem: 3:37pm On Jun 07, 2011
Guys,
If a governor has the power to dissolve local govts then Owelle is in order but if not Owelle should rescind that decision quickly.
The 10,000 jobs issue is a clear fraud. All the people in Imo state know that very well. So anybody who parades with that paper deserves sympathy. Let Owelle treat that matter with a human heart and explain to the people that that was a clear cut fraud. I believe Owelle will create real and genuine jobs for Imo people.
Re: Okorocha Sacks Lg Chairmen, Dissolves Traditional Rulers’ Council…says Imo Owes! by miracle4(m): 9:52pm On Jun 07, 2011
a very good start for rochas
Re: Okorocha Sacks Lg Chairmen, Dissolves Traditional Rulers’ Council…says Imo Owes! by Kobojunkie: 10:00pm On Jun 07, 2011
Beerem:

The 10,000 jobs issue is a clear fraud. All the people in Imo state know that very well. 

a) Did applicants legitimately apply for advertised jobs? YES

b) Were candidates rightly tested and interviewed for said positions by the right state authorities? YES

c ) Were the selected candidates given legitimate acceptance  letters? YES

d) Have they maintained their position for over 90 days? YES

so, what makes the jobs frauds? Are you assuming that if the people of Imo think it a fraud, it automagically is fraud? No be for here we all siddon dey watch Ohakim employ the 10,000. Matter of fact, many people praised him for it, and allowed him do it to us. Why change tones now? grin
Re: Okorocha Sacks Lg Chairmen, Dissolves Traditional Rulers’ Council…says Imo Owes! by 1Emmy: 11:24pm On Jun 07, 2011
Nice step Owelle!. Just ride on.
Re: Okorocha Sacks Lg Chairmen, Dissolves Traditional Rulers’ Council…says Imo Owes! by macjive01: 7:06am On Jun 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

a) Did applicants legitimately apply for advertised jobs? YES

b) Were candidates rightly tested and interviewed for said positions by the right state authorities? YES

c ) Were the selected candidates given legitimate acceptance  letters? YES

d) Have they maintained their position for over 90 days? YES

so, what makes the jobs frauds? Are you assuming that if the people of Imo think it a fraud, it automagically is fraud? No be for here we all siddon dey watch Ohakim employ the 10,000. Matter of fact, many people praised him for it, and allowed him do it to us. Why change tones now? grin

Firstly, I know it's difficult getting u to change ur opinion.

But the point here is that there are/were no 10,000 jobs/job positions available at any time.

Clearly it's not the poor applicants fault. They did what a fraudulent scheming governor asked of them.

And they have not been in the said positionless job, better put, they have not had their acceptance letter for more than a few weeks. OHAKIM handed the letters out a week to his failed reelection bid. So that wud mk it . . eem More like 5 weeks.
Re: Okorocha Sacks Lg Chairmen, Dissolves Traditional Rulers’ Council…says Imo Owes! by brogabriel(m): 3:18pm On Jun 09, 2011
Truely, Nigeria has wasted 50 years already, so I do not subscribe to the idea that anybody that is willing to bring changes should take it easy. However, he should always consult his Attorney General on the legality of any action he may want to take.
Re: Okorocha Sacks Lg Chairmen, Dissolves Traditional Rulers’ Council…says Imo Owes! by Kobojunkie: 3:22pm On Jun 09, 2011
There were no 10,000 positions yet people were given acceptance letters, and at least 2 have confirmed that acceptance letters came with information on THE POSITION THEY WERE HIRED FOR?

At least one person has been able to come forward to explain that he got his acceptance letter and has been WORKING IN HIS POSITION FOR more than 3 months. Another explained his Sister got her acceptance letter sometime in FEBRUARY and has been working HER POSITION SINCE THEN.  undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Some of you are just good at cooking rubbish up, but like all rubbish, it is not hard to discover.
Re: Okorocha Sacks Lg Chairmen, Dissolves Traditional Rulers’ Council…says Imo Owes! by Dede1(m): 3:50pm On Jun 09, 2011
If the alleged sacking of LGA chairmen and councilors is remotely true, I have no other option to question the legal acumen of Rochas Okorocha who has been deemed a lawyer. Nigeria has three structures of government namely federal, state and local government. The tier that is one rung above in the structures does not have legal ground to sack a properly constituted and elected tier of government below it.

The alleged usurpation of authority by Okorocha has opened the door to challenge the legality of his governorship since election in Imo State is still inconclusive because there was no gubernatorial election in Oguta LGA.
Re: Okorocha Sacks Lg Chairmen, Dissolves Traditional Rulers’ Council…says Imo Owes! by AndreUweh(m): 9:49pm On Jun 09, 2011
^^^
In the first place, there were no local council and councillorship election in Imo state last August.None of them can prove how he emerged by the electorates. The chap appointed as the local govt chairman was here in the U.K with me until the last day he left to pick up that position.
It was just a mere compensation from Ohakim for the job the chap's brother was doing for Ohakim in South Africa.
The PDP primaries in Ihitte-Uboma LGA had earlier on raised one barrister Uhuegbu only for Ohakim to substitute Uhuegbu's name with this chap who was with me here in the Uk TILL THE LAST MINUTE.
Re: Okorocha Sacks Lg Chairmen, Dissolves Traditional Rulers’ Council…says Imo Owes! by gidson12(m): 10:40pm On Jun 09, 2011
for all those making noise about the legality of the sacked lga chairmen, let me point it out that those lga chairmen were not elected, they were appointed by ohakim, their was no lg election in imo state during ohakims tenure, ohakim appointed them, so therefore they could be rightly disposed off or sacked by the state gov.
Re: Okorocha Sacks Lg Chairmen, Dissolves Traditional Rulers’ Council…says Imo Owes! by Dede1(m): 11:08pm On Jun 09, 2011
Andre Uweh:

^^^
In the first place, there were no local council and councillorship election in Imo state last August.None of them can prove how he emerged by the electorates. The chap appointed as the local govt chairman was here in the U.K with me until the last day he left to pick up that position.
It was just a mere compensation from Ohakim for the job the chap's brother was doing for Ohakim in South Africa.
The PDP primaries in Ihitte-Uboma LGA had earlier on raised one barrister Uhuegbu only for Ohakim to substitute Uhuegbu's name with this chap who was with me here in the Uk TILL THE LAST MINUTE.

I am fully committed to democracy based on Nigerian constitution. It is plainly stated in a certain section of the constitution that INEC should conduct elections for the three tiers of government in Nigeria. I am not bothered with Ohakim’s issue because his it should be handled by the appropriate quarters.

I know some councilors who contested and won the election under platform various political parties including APGA. There is not place in Nigeria constitution that vacated the function of sacking the LGA councilors to the governor of any state.

If Okorocha feels that certain LGA chairmen seats were inherited illegally, he could sponsor the contestant from his party to seek redress through due process of the law by appealing to electoral tribunal.

I guess GEJ should sack Okorocha because there was no gubernatorial election in Oguta LGA.
Re: Okorocha Sacks Lg Chairmen, Dissolves Traditional Rulers’ Council…says Imo Owes! by AndreUweh(m): 11:35pm On Jun 09, 2011
Dede1:

I am fully committed to democracy based on Nigerian constitution. It is plainly stated in a certain section of the constitution that INEC should conduct elections for the three tiers of government in Nigeria. I am not bothered with Ohakim’s issue because his it should be handled by the appropriate quarters.

I know some councilors who contested and won the election under platform various political parties including APGA. There is not place in Nigeria constitution that vacated the function of sacking the LGA councilors to the governor of any state.

If Okorocha feels that certain LGA chairmen seats were inherited illegally, he could sponsor the contestant from his party to seek redress through due process of the law by appealing to electoral tribunal.

I guess GEJ should sack Okorocha because there was no gubernatorial election in Oguta LGA.

Which election?. All the 27 local govt areas were PDP members. Go and figure. As regards to Oguta, there were rerun elections last May but the number of votes cast was more than the number of registered voters. This was because PDP and APGA went into ballot snatching in that area. As a result INEC voided the results.
Re: Okorocha Sacks Lg Chairmen, Dissolves Traditional Rulers’ Council…says Imo Owes! by AndreUweh(m): 11:36pm On Jun 09, 2011
gidson12:

for all those making noise about the legality of the sacked lga chairmen, let me point it out that those lga chairmen were not elected, they were appointed by ohakim, their was no lg election in imo state during ohakims tenure, ohakim appointed them, so therefore they could be rightly disposed off or sacked by the state gov.
Dede1, can you read the above?.
Re: Okorocha Sacks Lg Chairmen, Dissolves Traditional Rulers’ Council…says Imo Owes! by Dede1(m): 2:06pm On Jun 10, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Dede1, can you read the above?.

Andy, you know better than the post. I do not tend to the rubbish posted by certain onlookers. In my LGA, election was conducted and won. My sister-in-law also contested and won as councilor in her LGA. If the LGA elections were tempered by Ohakim as the poster would want us to believe, it is not the function of an elected governor of a state to suspend the LG’s legally constituted body. This is the function of INEC and electoral tribunal.  I guess we are talking about democracy and its principles.
Re: Okorocha Sacks Lg Chairmen, Dissolves Traditional Rulers’ Council…says Imo Owes! by Cyntia: 3:38pm On Feb 27, 2015
[color=#006600][/color] the 1st batch got their appointment letters on 10th Dec 2010 and the 2nd batch got theirs on 23rd Feb 2011. the former were paid 6 months salaries and the latter earned 3 months wages before 6th June 2011 suspension of the Imo 10,000 jobs. the graduate employees were 6,500 in number- 1,500 SPEB Pri school teachers, 1,500 SEMB Sec school tutors and 3,500 CSC civil servants. from salary GL 8 step 1 or 2 to Grade Level 9 were placed on 20-sth Thousand Naira, some 30-sth Thousand, and so on, before the minimum wage law. they will be recalled by 29th May 2015. and given a remuneration ranging from N48,000. those jobs were real. God bless Imolites.
Re: Okorocha Sacks Lg Chairmen, Dissolves Traditional Rulers’ Council…says Imo Owes! by nzeadachie: 4:21pm On Feb 27, 2015
APC THE KILLER PARTY, IS IMOLITES DID NOT REJECT APC APC WILL KILL IMO STATE COMPLETELY LIKE THEY DID TO OSUN STATE, BEWARE OF TINUBU!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Okorocha Sacks Lg Chairmen, Dissolves Traditional Rulers’ Council…says Imo Owes! by alphalpha(m): 3:07pm On Apr 13, 2015
GOZILLA:
In four years time there would be an epic battle to "rescue" Imo state from the grasp of a 'devil' that was once an angel. Mark my words.

Your words are not true

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gej's End Of Year Appraisal / Happy Birthday To Buhari @ 70 / 17, 000 Nigerians Seek Asylum In Chad, Cameroon, Niger – UNHCR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.